Sir Gay writes for the News of the Screws

Geoff Kilpatrick

You obviously need a business expert in lithuiania to tell you that times are tough right now robertus Prestonilukus was unavailable:mad:

Someone has raked up a load of speculative threads and made a rope that they think will hang us. It's actually a very vindictive article written by somebody determined to attack us. Perhaps a friend of Mr Brines?

The only direct quotes from Hearts speak volumes about the rest of the article:

But last night a Hearts spokesman insisted new financial results for 2008 would show a ?marked improvement? on the previous year?s record losses.

He added: ?We?re bang up to date with all payments. It?s tough economic times but we?re run very efficiently.?

But he confirmed Hearts may off-load young players such as Christophe Berra and Andrew Driver. (Notice there are no quotation marks here!)

He said: ?They are now attracting a lot of interest. The transfer window gives us an opportunity to potentially generate more cash for the business.?

UBIG spokeswoman Jurga Chomskyte-McGeever said: ?The stadium at Hearts is full, tickets are sold out and results on the field are good, so we have nothing to worry about.?

No one was available for comment at Ukio?s Lithuanian headquarters.

:conf11::bootyshake::thumbs_down::fart::1092::crash2::buttkick::1132:

The assets and share values dropping are paper money. IS vlad the only businessman in the world to have seen his assets and value nosedive? NO.

David Murray, Tom Farmer, Dermot Desmond, Stewart Milne will all be losing many millions, but Value only, when the markets start picking up again these assets and share values etc will increase again. The car industry is being heavily hit, we don't see newspaper reports stating Hibs could be in trouble because farmer exhausts is losing trade due to the credit crunch. I could go into depth regarding that. Milne is a Builder/ property developer an area which is probably being worst hit, his assets and value will be dropping considerably. Desomd has multiple business interests, most are all targets for a recession, and Murray need we say more?

Typical rag journalism, sensationalising Hearts and Vlad yet conveniently never talking about the potential pitfalls for other clubs and their owners.

Geoff Kilpatrick
The assets and share values dropping are paper money. IS vlad the only businessman in the world to have seen his assets and value nosedive? NO.

David Murray, Tom Farmer, Dermot Desmond, Stewart Milne will all be losing many millions, but Value only, when the markets start picking up again these assets and share values etc will increase again. The car industry is being heavily hit, we don't see newspaper reports stating Hibs could be in trouble because farmer exhausts is losing trade due to the credit crunch. I could go into depth regarding that. Milne is a Builder/ property developer an area which is probably being worst hit, his assets and value will be dropping considerably. Desomd has multiple business interests, most are all targets for a recession, and Murray need we say more?

Typical rag journalism, sensationalising Hearts and Vlad yet conveniently never talking about the potential pitfalls for other clubs and their owners.

Correct.

ToadKiller Dog

The OP is right that reads like it comes right from plaguecarriers.net,complete with unknown financial expert says...could .maybe and might.

marshallschunkychicken

Earlier in the week, I read a very interesting thread on followfollow (was looking for their take on the Brines situation, along with other messageboards) regarding the state of Murray International Holdings.

Frightening reading for the Rangers fans.

Charlie-Brown
Earlier in the week, I read a very interesting thread on followfollow (was looking for their take on the Brines situation, along with other messageboards) regarding the state of Murray International Holdings.

Frightening reading for the Rangers fans.

Got a link?

I had a good laugh at this piece of investigative journalsim at its best. No rehashing of old news just to make up a story. No, sir. This was an insightful look into the impending crash of a multi millionaire as well as a wonderful portayal of the current finacial markets , the global car industry and how to make aluminium. All in one succinct package.

And this poster who took the time and effort to post his comments added :

By walkie. Posted January 4 2009 at 11:18 AM.

a good piece of journalism.

Go , ****** !

Dirk Diggler

I'm shocked to notice there are double the amount of posts on .net about the same 'article' than there are on here.

Truly shocked.

jamboinglasgow
I had a good laugh at this piece of investigative journalsim at its best. No rehashing of old news just to make up a story. No, sir. This was an insightful look into the impending crash of a multi millionaire as well as a wonderful portayal of the current finacial markets , the global car industry and how to make aluminium. All in one succinct package.

And this poster who took the time and effort to post his comments added :

By walkie. Posted January 4 2009 at 11:18 AM.

a good piece of journalism.

Go , ****** !

he probably thinks page 3 in the sun is good journalism.

I think all major owners are facing challenging times and it should not be just seen as jus Vlad. Look at Chelsea, Abrahmovich has suffered badly from the slump in global markets and Chelsea face having a transfer window where they may not be able to buy much except from what they have sold (wayne Bridge transfer money may be spent on new players or be used to help running costs.)

In fact it may be Man City who keep the market going as their investment will be passed around from club to club e.g. Man city pay Chelsea ?10m, chelsea spend ?8m of that on another player, that ?8m is spent by that club and so on.

I do think Murray is not in a healthy posistion and times are tough for Rangers, they need to sell and I would also argue they need to restructure. They have the great asset of Murray Park that should be producing many talented players, yet very few come out of it since it has been opened. They need a manager who has the chance to change everything around, cut wages with needless players gone, get rid of captain crab as he is more damaging then benefical. Actully play young players. It may mean a season or two of hurt where Celtic win the league and Europe may not be strong but if they do it right they would be in a much stronger posistion and the club would be in a better state. (of course they wont as they would never do something so bold and as far as I'm concerned I would rather have a weak rangers.)

Miller Jambo 60
he probably thinks page 3 in the sun is good journalism.

I think all major owners are facing challenging times and it should not be just seen as jus Vlad. Look at Chelsea, Abrahmovich has suffered badly from the slump in global markets and Chelsea face having a transfer window where they may not be able to buy much except from what they have sold (wayne Bridge transfer money may be spent on new players or be used to help running costs.)

In fact it may be Man City who keep the market going as their investment will be passed around from club to club e.g. Man city pay Chelsea ?10m, chelsea spend ?8m of that on another player, that ?8m is spent by that club and so on.

I do think Murray is not in a healthy posistion and times are tough for Rangers, they need to sell and I would also argue they need to restructure. They have the great asset of Murray Park that should be producing many talented players, yet very few come out of it since it has been opened. They need a manager who has the chance to change everything around, cut wages with needless players gone, get rid of captain crab as he is more damaging then benefical. Actully play young players. It may mean a season or two of hurt where Celtic win the league and Europe may not be strong but if they do it right they would be in a much stronger posistion and the club would be in a better state. (of course they wont as they would never do something so bold and as far as I'm concerned I would rather have a weak rangers.)

What is that paper,TOILET PAPER.

Decent burds though,Quote from Frank Macavenie

The writer is a zombie with a brain like Strapon.

We are HEARTS and we will stay END OFF:mw_rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow
What is that paper,TOILET PAPER.

Decent burds though,Quote from Frank Macavenie

The writer is a zombie with a brain like Strapon.

We are HEARTS and we will stay END OFF:mw_rolleyes:

I wouldn't use it as toliet paper, that is too cruel on my rear end, I wouldn't even give it to my dog (if I had one) to wipe its rear end.

I wouldn't use the News of the World to pick up the Sun!!!

thats never a picture of oor vladimir

SME_516x290_21639a.jpg

I think I spent more time considering the true identity of the man in the photo than I did the content of the article itself. Definitely doesn't look like Vladimir.

I wouldn't ever expect anything approximating journalism from the News of the Screws. It may well be that one day, a story does arise in relation to UBIG's business interests and Hearts but it won't be that paper which finds it. The links are tenuous at best and it's laughable that they'll go with a credit crunch-hits-football story without even touching upon Milne and Murray, in particular. In saying that, I am interested in finding out who these 'experts' are. I would go and dig about but if I'm sure someone on hibs.net will save me the bother....

SME_516x290_21639a.jpg

I think I spent more time considering the true identity of the man in the photo than I did the content of the article itself. Definitely doesn't look like Vladimir.

I wouldn't ever expect anything approximating journalism from the News of the Screws. It may well be that one day, a story does arise in relation to UBIG's business interests and Hearts but it won't be that paper which finds it. The links are tenuous at best and it's laughable that they'll go with a credit crunch-hits-football story without even touching upon Milne and Murray, in particular. In saying that, I am interested in finding out who these 'experts' are. I would go and dig about but if I'm sure someone on hibs.net will save me the bother....

Roy Hodgson ?

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/QxCPKhpVxyQ/Fulham+v+West+Ham+United+Premier+League/Di9s-lGaZkA/Roy+Hodgson

Hope he sues !!

:)

just what is the fascination of Hearts and the press, all we hear is negative reports on this and that but no real hard facts and figures, was it not a couple of months ago it was reported that UKIO BANKAS had make over 22 million profit?? I think that the best thing we can do is to boycott this and the sun as it just depresses the hell out of us

astonishing.

how much does the guy who wrote that earn? if it's any more than ?3.50 a week and as many bananas as he can eat then it's ?3.50 too much.

flabbergasted.

I notice that when one of these articles comes out, there is never any discussion based on "what if its true". There is only ever an outright dismissal of the article concerned, usually based on the newspaper it came out in.

I think we should accept that UBIG/UKIO MIGHT not be in the strong position they seemed to be 3 years ago and that the world wide financial situation is highly likely to see a number of businesses go under, (especially demand based manufacturing businesses)

The fact that we are owned by such a diverse company means that, no matter how well the club itself is doing financially or on the park we could easily fall victim to something happening to the mother company which is totally unrelated to football.

Yes, it could happen.If you dont think it could happen you'd best waken up to whats really happening out there. The good aspect of all this is that, whilst there is still a potential for 15,000 or more regular paying customers, the worst scenario that could happen IMO is that the club changes hands.

I notice that when one of these articles comes out, there is never any discussion based on "what if its true". There is only ever an outright dismissal of the article concerned, usually based on the newspaper it came out in.

I think we should accept that UBIG/UKIO MIGHT not be in the strong position they seemed to be 3 years ago and that the world wide financial situation is highly likely to see a number of businesses go under, (especially demand based manufacturing businesses)

The fact that we are owned by such a diverse company means that, no matter how well the club itself is doing financially or on the park we could easily fall victim to something happening to the mother company which is totally unrelated to football.

Yes, it could happen.If you dont think it could happen you'd best waken up to whats really happening out there. The good aspect of all this is that, whilst there is still a potential for 15,000 or more regular paying customers, the worst scenario that could happen IMO is that the club changes hands.

Well said!!

The last transfer window (the summer) cemented my opinion that no monies were available for transfers.....only a handful of loan signings.

There is no money being pumped into the club. There are less and less assets on the playing side (loan players being a major part of our squad) and the fact that the land could be sold is a worry.

Not to mention the wages debacle (x2) and the queue of punters awaiting payments.

It doesn't bode well.

Well said!!

The last transfer window (the summer) cemented my opinion that no monies were available for transfers.....only a handful of loan signings.

There is no money being pumped into the club. There are less and less assets on the playing side (loan players being a major part of our squad) and the fact that the land could be sold is a worry.

Not to mention the wages debacle (x2) and the queue of punters awaiting payments.

It doesn't bode well.

ha ha!!! deep under cover are we?

Dirk Diggler
Well said!!

It doesn't bode well.

:laugh:

:smell_hobo:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Oh come on! I don't think anyone on this thread is arguing that the UBIG group is in ruder health than it has ever been. Common sense dictates that businesses across the world are suffering but the point is that this just doesn't apply to UBIG, hence my comparison to Sir Gay's dribblings on deluded.net.

Well said!!

It doesn't bode well.

Loan players being a major part of our squad? :107years:

Do your research if you want to come on here pretending to be a Hearts fan.

Oh come on! I don't think anyone on this thread is arguing that the UBIG group is in ruder health than it has ever been. Common sense dictates that businesses across the world are suffering but the point is that this just doesn't apply to UBIG, hence my comparison to Sir Gay's dribblings on deluded.net.

Ah right. I never personally read anything on deluded.net or penned by Sir Gay, whoever he might be. I'm guessing though that even a 5 year old could work out, that he probably has little or no inside knowledge of the financial position of Hearts FC, UBIG or UKIO. If Sir Gay's opinion is carrying any weight with anyone with more than a single cell brain capacity then I'd be surprised.

I am also guessing however, that some of the names quoted in the SM article (a publication I wouldnt roll up and kill a fly with) have at least some kind of qualification or expertise in the field they were asked to comment about and were quoted as doing so.

The fact that other financial institutions linked to other Scottish football clubs are suffering does not require the purchase of the Sunday Mail or the assistance of Sir Gay to work out. I'm just not sure how it makes Hearts FC's position any better looking.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Ah right. I never personally read anything on deluded.net or penned by Sir Gay, whoever he might be. I'm guessing though that even a 5 year old could work out, that he probably has little or no inside knowledge of the financial position of Hearts FC, UBIG or UKIO. If Sir Gay's opinion is carrying any weight with anyone with more than a single cell brain capacity then I'd be surprised.

I am also guessing however, that some of the names quoted in the SM article (a publication I wouldnt roll up and kill a fly with) have at least some kind of qualification or expertise in the field they were asked to comment about and were quoted as doing so.

The fact that other financial institutions linked to other Scottish football clubs are suffering does not require the purchase of the Sunday Mail or the assistance of Sir Gay to work out. I'm just not sure how it makes Hearts FC's position any better looking.

Two points: -

1. Sir Gay doesn't have any credibility - the point was that this article could have been lifted straight off one of his postings on deluded.net yet a national newspaper writes the same way.

2. It was the News of the World, not the Sunday Mail. I'm expecting Mazher Mahmood, the fake Sheikh, to organise a sting operation on Vlad as a follow-up to this!

The point is that it isn't actually a story, never mind an 'exclusive'.

There isn't anything in it other than concepts which might apply to the financial health of UBIG, but then again might not. Believe me, if there was a real story to be had I'd be sorry to read it but I'd be glad that someone had taken the time to research it properly and dig up some information of note. But this isn't it. It's crap journalism from someone who was clearly tasked with digging up some dirt on Vlad and found that this was the best he could manage.

As someone else had already pointed out, there are probably far more interesting tales of financial woe to be had in investigating the effects of the worldwide credit crunch upon the steel and property development industries - but Murray and Milne aren't on the trashrag radar in that sense.

The guy in the photo is a Jambo but not Vlad, he sits in the Main Stand next to his buddy Ramez (sp?) thats the guy who paid Robbos wages from Newcastle and sells fruit and veg in Edinburgh.

The point is that it isn't actually a story, never mind an 'exclusive'.

There isn't anything in it other than concepts which might apply to the financial health of UBIG, but then again might not. Believe me, if there was a real story to be had I'd be sorry to read it but I'd be glad that someone had taken the time to research it properly and dig up some information of note. But this isn't it. It's crap journalism from someone who was clearly tasked with digging up some dirt on Vlad and found that this was the best he could manage.

So the aluminium plant isnt a major compenent part of the UBIG empire. It isnt cutting jobs and production due to a worldwide lessening of demand for aluminium and it didnt just lose ?65 milion and it isnt in any trouble.

And even if it was all true there is no possible impact on Heart of Midlothian football club ?

And even if there was an impact on Heart of Midlothian football its okay because the associated businesses of every other football club in the SPL are in trouble too.

Thanks for your reassurance then

Honestly, get your heads out of the sand. Just because it appears in a paper which is discredited as a whole does not mean that there no truth to be had from the article.

UBIG owns other businesses. If one of the big ones gets in trouble they are all in trouble. Like I said, you dont have to buy the NOTW to appreciate that.

The fact that Murray or Desmond or anyone else with an interest in an SPL club might also be in trouble but it hasnt been reported, does not mean that the Hearts story is nonsense made up by a paper with an anti-Hearts agenda.

Do any of you expect any clubs to go under in the next year or so ?.......Any SPL clubs amongst those that might ? I certainly do and Hearts would certainly be on any list you made of who was vulnerable.

Dont kid yourselves that we arent at least vulnerable. You can read plenty of stories in that paper and not know if they are true or not. I agree. Go through that paper any week you like if you will and list the stories that you can say hand on heart are WHOLLY UNTRUE though ?

So the aluminium plant isnt a major compenent part of the UBIG empire. It isnt cutting jobs and production due to a worldwide lessening of demand for aluminium and it didnt just lose ?65 milion and it isnt in any trouble.

And even if it was all true there is no possible impact on Heart of Midlothian football club ?

And even if there was an impact on Heart of Midlothian football its okay because the associated businesses of every other football club in the SPL are in trouble too.

Thanks for your reassurance then

Honestly, get your heads out of the sand. Just because it appears in a paper which is discredited as a whole does not mean that there no truth to be had from the article.

UBIG owns other businesses. If one of the big ones gets in trouble they are all in trouble. Like I said, you dont have to buy the NOTW to appreciate that.

The fact that Murray or Desmond or anyone else with an interest in an SPL club might also be in trouble but it hasnt been reported, does not mean that the Hearts story is nonsense made up by a paper with an anti-Hearts agenda.

Do any of you expect any clubs to go under in the next year or so ?.......Any SPL clubs amongst those that might ? I certainly do and Hearts would certainly be on any list you made of who was vulnerable.

Dont kid yourselves that we arent at least vulnerable. You can read plenty of stories in that paper and not know if they are true or not. I agree. Go through that paper if you will and list the stories that you can say hand on heart are UNTRUE though ?

I'm not disputing any of that, or any of the very few instances of fact which arose in the article. We all know that there's a credit crunch and that various sectors of the industry are suffering, but it's not news to us or anyone else. I'm not about to get excited because the Birac plant has had to decrease its levels of alumina production, it's hardly the death knell for UBIG or for us.

Of course we're vulnerable, who isn't? My point is simply that there isn't enough in that story to make me think we're in the doodoo any more than I thought we were before I read it.

It's not a story. That's what newspapers aren't meant to print.

Two points: -

1. Sir Gay doesn't have any credibility - the point was that this article could have been lifted straight off one of his postings on deluded.net yet a national newspaper writes the same way.

2. It was the News of the World, not the Sunday Mail. I'm expecting Mazher Mahmood, the fake Sheikh, to organise a sting operation on Vlad as a follow-up to this!

1. Does Sir Gay quote expert sources and name them ?

2. Apologies it was indeed the NOTW. I tend to group them all together.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1. Does Sir Gay quote expert sources and name them ?[/Quote]

He quotes himself - he is an expert! :laugh:

2. Apologies it was indeed the NOTW. I tend to group them all together.

Completely understandable. :thumb:

I'm not disputing any of that, or any of the very few instances of fact which arose in the article. We all know that there's a credit crunch and that various sectors of the industry are suffering, but it's not news to us or anyone else. I'm not about to get excited because the Birac plant has had to decrease its levels of alumina production, it's hardly the death knell for UBIG or for us.

Of course we're vulnerable, who isn't? My point is simply that there isn't enough in that story to make me think we're in the doodoo any more than I thought we were before I read it.

It's not a story. That's what newspapers aren't meant to print.

I wasnt commenting really on the accuracy or the quality, or the up to dateness of the story.

I was commenting more on the tendency to dismiss out of hand any story that suggests that we, or the company that owns us, might be having difficulties that could impact on us, as being merely anti-Hearts page filling nonsense.

I'm not any more concerned either having read the story, but then I was already at a fairly high level of concern anyway, given all the other confirmed evidence available, both specifically concerning Hearts and generally concerning the world economic situation

Geoff Kilpatrick
I wasnt commenting really on the accuracy or the quality, or the up to dateness of the story.

I was commenting more on the tendency to dismiss out of hand any story that suggests that we, or the company that owns us, might be having difficulties that could impact on us, as being merely anti-Hearts page filling nonsense.

I'm not any more concerned either having read the story, but then I was already at a fairly high level of concern anyway, given all the other confirmed evidence available, both specifically concerning Hearts and generally concerning the world economic situation

But did that really happen? As I said, I think we are all aware that we rely on the parent company for our survival and it is why the reaction to potential player sales on here has been relatively muted. Ironically though, one thing that has played into our hands in terms of selling players has been the devaluation of the pound. Not only is a lita worth more since it is pegged to the euro but also it has meant that English clubs have been forced to re-evaluate Scottish players since players from Europe are around 25% more expensive.

Geoff Kilpatrick
On the plus side Kerry Katona's diet was a success.

Probably because Mum went to Iceland but there's nothing there now except fish!

Archived