Manta Fridrika

Moriarty

Hearts are set to swoop for Kaunas defender Manta Fridrika as a replacement for Christophe Berra. Tynecastle skipper Berra looks set to leave in the January transfer window with 20-year-old Fridrika in their sights. (Daily Record)

anyone know anything about him?

They wrote his name as if he were a woman (male Lithuanian names usually ends with 's') Great job Daily record...

Btw this article is fake:

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Lithuanian-gets--Tynecastle-trial.4829557.jp

As for Fridrikas he didn't have too much playing time in the championship (but had some in Europe) so it would be a little surprising if he gets being "a replacement for Berra"

They wrote his name as if he were a woman (male Lithuanian names usually ends with 's') Great job Daily record...

Btw this article is fake:

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Lithuanian-gets--Tynecastle-trial.4829557.jp

As for Fridrikas he didn't have too much playing time in the championship (but had some in Europe) so it would be a little surprising if he gets being "a replacement for Berra"

Decent prospect, or not going to be up to the necessary standard.

He will most likely be compared against Zaliukas...?

Nucky Thompson

The Record and hibsman have probably just looked at who Kaunas central defenders were and put in the name to replace Berra.

He may be a very good player but he certainly doesn't look like he has the physique of Berra and that is a pretty big bit of Berras game.

The Record and hibsman have probably just looked at who Kaunas central defenders were and put in the name to replace Berra.

It was mentioned about a month ago that this guy was coming over in January,so it does seem to have a bit of truth.

Decent prospect, or not going to be up to the necessary standard.

He will most likely be compared against Zaliukas...?

He looked decent when given chance, but he hasn't been given alot of those chances so it's hard to judge him. After all he's still 20.

Different than Zaliukas in the sense that he's also played at left back, but naturally seems to be a centre-half.

He looked decent when given chance, but he hasn't been given alot of those chances so it's hard to judge him. After all he's still 20.

Different than Zaliukas in the sense that he's also played at left back, but naturally seems to be a centre-half.

Is he a better prospet than Zal was at 20?

Is he a better prospet than Zal was at 20?

So far yes - Zal hasn't really played at Kaunas till he was 21-22.

Fridrikas has already been around for a couple of seasons, although hasn't played a lot for the main squad.

alwaysthereinspirit
His father is former Lithuania national team and Austria Vienna forward :)

His Fathers was a forward you say. Hmmmm.

That is a problem, a lot of Hearts fans do not give players from Kaunas a chance - if it was up to them Miko, Chesny and Zal would have been punted two or so years ago.

That is a problem, a lot of Hearts fans do not give players from Kaunas a chance - if it was up to them Miko, Chesny and Zal would have been punted two or so years ago.

...and we wouldnt have been any the worse off for it :mw_rolleyes:

That said, if this lad is to come on trial and be assessed by Csaba we definitely need some cover the left side of defence for Lee Wallace and that might be a good way to blood him in to life in Scotland - initially as cover on the approval / say so of Csaba

Guest JamboRobbo

And how much would it have harmed us? Not much IMO.

Personally, I'd have kept Chesney, although with his injuries i'd have cut our losses at some point given the option.

Plenty others do exactly the same to guys like Clum, Mole, Berra, Neilson, McDonald and others. I look forward to seeing you have a go at them :tongue:

Players play ****e, players get stick. Players play well, players get praise.

And how much would it have harmed us? Not much IMO.

Personally, I'd have kept Chesney, although with his injuries i'd have cut our losses at some point given the option.

Plenty others do exactly the same to guys like Clum, Mole, Berra, Neilson, McDonald and others. I look forward to seeing you have a go at them :tongue:

Players play ****e, players get stick. Players play well, players get praise.

I think it would have hurst us moore than some people think - Persoanlly, I would keep Miko before Chesney.

And you are right there are other players who could do a job, but not necessary any better - yet they did not get immediate stick, and many have escaped it.

and many have escaped it.

Not really - just about every member of the 06 cup winning team has been vitriolically abused on here.

A cup win used to make you a legend at Hearts - at least worthy of some respect. I think only Gordon and Hartley come out unscathed from that team

Its a myth only certain Hearts players have been criticised over the recent past. Some have been more than others granted but most have been hung drawn and quartered on here / at the ground at some point

Guest JamboRobbo
I think it would have hurst us moore than some people think - Persoanlly, I would keep Miko before Chesney.

And you are right there are other players who could do a job, but not necessary any better - yet they did not get immediate stick, and many have escaped it.

And others get slated on here, regardless of which club or country they came from.

I think this playing of the Kaunus/race card whenever anything from Kaunus/Lithuania is questioned or criticised, is completely unnecessary.

heartsfc_fan

IMO, i'd keep Chesney before Miko.

Ray Winstone

I reakon the paper has just decided that should Berra leave we will get his replacement from Kaunas and has decided to name this chap.

CSABA LASZLO will fight to fend off vultures currently circling Tynecastle for his players and prove to sceptics that Hearts have not become a selling club.

The manager believes a pre-contract agreement with Inverness midfielder Ian Black counteracts suggestions of a "fire sale" this month that would deprive him of many high-profile names.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-boss-will-fight-to.4842803.jp

while FBK Kaunas defender Mantas Fridrikas is due to arrive at Riccarton to begin training with Hearts.

CSABA LASZLO will fight to fend off vultures currently circling Tynecastle for his players and prove to sceptics that Hearts have not become a selling club.

The manager believes a pre-contract agreement with Inverness midfielder Ian Black counteracts suggestions of a "fire sale" this month that would deprive him of many high-profile names.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-boss-will-fight-to.4842803.jp

while FBK Kaunas defender Mantas Fridrikas is due to arrive at Riccarton to begin training with Hearts.

evening mate.

what???? you mean that hearts might not be selling off all the family silver in a great big, bargain bucket, administration sale?

i thought that had all been decided that they were...... by someone....... in the media........ who knows everything.

And others get slated on here, regardless of which club or country they came from.

I think this playing of the Kaunus/race card whenever anything from Kaunus/Lithuania is questioned or criticised, is completely unnecessary.

Funny that, because I think criticising players who come from Kaunas/Lithuania just because they come from Kaunas/Lithuania is completely unnecessary.

It?s prejudice pure and simple, and I?m not really interested whether the prejudice amounts to racism or not.

Guest JamboRobbo
Funny that, because I think criticising players who come from Kaunas/Lithuania just because they come from Kaunas/Lithuania is completely unnecessary.

It?s prejudice pure and simple, and I?m not really interested whether the prejudice amounts to racism or not.

I'd agree. But criticising them for being ****e at football, is perfectly acceptable.

The Old Tolbooth

Nothing wrong with giving the lad a chance, I'm pretty confident that if Csaba doesn't think he's good enough then he'll be on the next plane back.

Archived