SUNDAY MAIL AT IT AGAIN

willie wallace

willie wallace

'' Players deserve praise for not rising to baiting fans'' reads the headline by someone called Rob Fairburn who suggests that the venom pouring out the stands and the poisonous atmosphere was somehow being encouraged[by whom he does not say]

He slates the programme for a cartoon about Petrie and some comments about Hibs players and has a go at the Hibs fans during the minutes silence and then the has the cheek to state we should have had a minutes applause because thats what would have happened at an old firm match.

Who is Rob Fairburn and what was thepoint of this article?

I would agree with one thing though.

What was the centre page joke in the programme all about? Not humerous and more fanzine in style. Surprised to be honest.

Hearts should be above that.

willie wallace
Why do people buy this fecking sheeite ?

It hates us. Don't buy the fecking thing.

Which paper likes us?

'' Players deserve praise for not rising to baiting fans'' reads the headline by someone called Rob Fairburn who suggests that the venom pouring out the stands and the poisonous atmosphere was somehow being encouraged[by whom he does not say]

He slates the programme for a cartoon about Petrie and some comments about Hibs players and has a go at the Hibs fans during the minutes silence and then the has the cheek to state we should have had a minutes applause because thats what would have happened at an old firm match.

I would not buy a paper like this, after all it pays their wages and if no one buys then there is no story!

Agree with the cartoon comment though, totally inappropriate and unprofessional.

Who cares what happens at an Old Firm match, it bears no relationship to any other clubs.

thats pathetic that you have tohink we should of just had a minute of applause because it would bethe only way we wouldnt hear the **** shouting throughit !, wev had a few minute of silence at tynie this year and all the other away fans have had the respect to remain silent for a minute, It just shows how low and pathetic hibs fans realy are,

Miller Jambo 60
Why do people buy this fecking sheeite ?

It hates us. Don't buy the fecking thing.

Stopped buying it mate as it just winds me up.

The only decent guy there is Tam Cowan.

Sent him an E-Mail after they posponed our game against the well.

I said they were scared to play us and more.

Big tam replied saying i was a bit harsh to him but he likes the jambos.

Dougie

siegementality

Does that exclude Ian Murray who repeatedly called a Hearts fan a "Fecking Arsehole" (as I've just witnessed when watching the game again on Setanta)for throwing the ball away?

Nelly Terraces

Exactly. A total fecking nobody.

Slumday Mail - Bogpaper. And poor quality bogpaper at that.

Cheers.

FTH.

The SM also has Van Zanten in it's team of the day. WTF ???

I'm no expert on hobo players but Bamba looked a standout for them.

Complete rag :evilno:

Patrick Bateman

Why anyone would pay for a newspaper these days unless they had nothing else to do is beyond me.

If you have to read it, go online and find the articles there.

This article by Fairburn is part of the anti-Hearts agenda. Perhaps Fairburn should attend the cuptie next week and see if any "baiting" is being done at Easter Road. For example: a song with the opening lyrics "My heart is broken...." That may not be seen as "baiting" but it depends on one's agenda. Fairburn badly needs to interface with the real world. Clubs and supporters "baiting" each other is what happens!

We had a minute's silence two weeks ago at the Dundee United fixture which was impeccably observed. And in fact most silences for players are. Common sense does not demand a minute's applause. That's reserved for the sets of supporters of the two provincial clubs in Glasgow whose serial misbehaviour on these occasions is well known. In spite of Fairburn's assertion, their example is not one to be followed.

And could I quickly add that the vast majority of Hibs supporters seemed to be displeased with the small minority who decided to break the silence and give agenda ridden west coast hacks ammunition for their seedy campaign.

i had the severe misfortune to read this piece as well.

the lowlife that wrote it had the courage of his high-minded take on life to criticise the petty jibes he saw in the programme but then went on to make some petty jibes of his own, later in the piece.

presumably because he is of such importance to the football media world that he is allowed to, while "someone called mike smith"..... eh?.... isn't.

heaven forbid that the sunday mail or it's sister 'paper' the daily rioter would make petty jibes. it's always the highest echelon of journalistic standards in these publications.

what was the boy's name again?

I think you have to be a complete ****wit to get a job as a reporter for the weegie press.

If they read the cartoon they would have seen that it was advertising Boyle cartoons (the guy who draws for the Evening News). The cartoon in question was almost certainly a reprint from months ago before Mixu was appointed. Even your average Hobo would have recognised that - Boyle has equal digs at both teams in his cartoons.

I notice they had to print an apology (in the usual small print, 3/4 into the paper) in their paper after running a big story the previous week about Rangers keeper MacGregor parking in a disabled parking space at a supermarket. They didn't bother to speak to MacGregor first or would have found out he was taking a disabled relative of his girlfriend and used their blue badge.

Just shows you that you make up your stories and don't have to check if they are true or not before going to print!

On page 8 (might be 6, cant be ersed checking) they actually excuse the Hibs fans booing the minutes silence because the hibs fans were raging about the joke in the programme at the time. :rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth
thats pathetic that you have tohink we should of just had a minute of applause because it would bethe only way we wouldnt hear the **** shouting throughit !, wev had a few minute of silence at tynie this year and all the other away fans have had the respect to remain silent for a minute, It just shows how low and pathetic hibs fans realy are,

Oh pish off ffs!

What a complete load of *******!

There was a very small minority of Hibs fans who tried to disrupt the minutes silence, who were quite clearly shouted down by the rest of the Hibs fans!

Who the **** are we to claim any moral high ground on pish like this anyway??? Do you really think that if an ex Hibs player passes away this week and they decide to hold a minutes silence next week that all Hearts fans would be holier than thou? Not a feckin chance!!!

Get a grip ffs!

( I hate Hibs as much as the next Hearts fan, but I ain't standing for that pish when it boils down to petty point scoring ffs!)

I think you have to be a complete ****wit to get a job as a reporter for the weegie press.

If they read the cartoon they would have seen that it was advertising Boyle cartoons (the guy who draws for the Evening News). The cartoon in question was almost certainly a reprint from months ago before Mixu was appointed. Even your average Hobo would have recognised that - Boyle has equal digs at both teams in his cartoons.

I notice they had to print an apology (in the usual small print, 3/4 into the paper) in their paper after running a big story the previous week about Rangers keeper MacGregor parking in a disabled parking space at a supermarket. They didn't bother to speak to MacGregor first or would have found out he was taking a disabled relative of his girlfriend and used their blue badge.

Just shows you that you make up your stories and don't have to check if they are true or not before going to print!

In original article, it ends with "The Scotland keeper was unavailable for comment last night" which was all that was required for the story to be given the green light by the paper's lawyer(s). McGregor, having seen the story was more than likely miffed that Rangers did not pass on the Sunday Mail's request for a comment (Old Firm clubs generally do this as they have a 'shield at all cost' policy regarding off-field stories - although it does backfire at times as this clearly shows) and has felt compelled to contact the paper himself. Come the next alleged misdemeanour, I wouldn't be too surprised if Rangers step back and let McGregor give his version as an immediate response (assuming of cours he can cite mitigating circumstances or a total denial).

On page 8 (might be 6, cant be ersed checking) they actually excuse the Hibs fans booing the minutes silence because the hibs fans were raging about the joke in the programme at the time. :rolleyes:

Please tell me you just made that up.

I would agree with one thing though.

What was the centre page joke in the programme all about? Not humerous and more fanzine in style. Surprised to be honest.

Hearts should be above that.

I get the programme sent in the post as a season ticket holder and got it on wednesday , I couldnt believe that...no matter who your opponent is you dont slag them off in an official club publication but okay for a fanzine...

Away fans buy programmes too and how would we like seeing our club being slagged if we went to a ground....total disgrace

Rob Fairburn is a freelance journalist from Gala and is indeed a Hobo. He is also a complete erse (IMO of course)!

The People's Chimp
Rob Fairburn is a freelance journalist from Gala and is indeed a Hobo. He is also a complete erse (IMO of course)!

He does sound like a complete stroker.

"My heart is broken" Wot agenda did the Proclaimers have when writing this???

You've got me there!!!

Always thot it was a love type song(not a very popular one tho")

Please explain:rolleyes:

Archived