Andy Driver

DB-14

I thought he was absolutely awful today. His touch was poor, his passing wasn't up to much and some of his runs were too easily read.

Discuss.

Disagree completely

Driver was superb, however, we are becoming too dependent on him and he is having to do too much.

More often than not he skinned his man and played a good pass or cross, or had a crack at goal, the problem is he is creating chances for non existent frontmen who are not were they need to be, or if he does give them a decent chance they balls it up

Driver for me was excellent today and the only reason he struggled at bits was due to our over dependence on him.

mmm....not going to be as hard on him but his crossing is becoming very frustrating.

I`d hate to become like the Hobos and bum our players up too much and i think Driver is worryingly coming into that category among some of our support.

The guy is obviously a good player but i think he`d be better off staying at us for another couple of years until he brushes up on certain areas of his game.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I thought he was absolutely awful today. His touch was poor, his passing wasn't up to much and some of his runs were too easily read.

Discuss.

Definitely not absolutely awful.

Discussed.

Discuss.

Leave it out.....

Not at his sparkling best.

But far from poor.

:mad:

Drylaw Hearts

Far from awful but not great either.

He did roast DVZ a few times though but his final ball needs work.

Driver is one of our most important players. Not a great performance today but showed some fantastic touches.

Discuss.

Disagree, he ran his socks of today and on the whole his first touch was excellent.

Thought he done well in the first half but was nowhere in the second.

Sometimes his touch is like a pass though, goes past a player or two, gets me excited :mw_rolleyes: and then kicks the ball 2 miles in front.

I'd give him pass marks today though, he is "just" a winger and as said we rely too much on him.

jamboinglasgow
Thought he done well in the first half but was nowhere in the second.

Sometimes his touch is like a pass though, goes past a player or two, gets me excited :mw_rolleyes: and then kicks the ball 2 miles in front.

I'd give him pass marks today though, he is "just" a winger and as said we rely too much on him.

thought he easily got past DVZ every time and was dangerous on the wing, but he really needs to work on descision making when he is in or around the box, a few times he should of passed rather than running into four hibs players.

I think a full season under Csaba should improve that.

Some of the balls put to him today were shocking .. his game thrives on good service and he just didnt get it today, so many over hit passes over the 90 mins.

Harry Palmer

I think Mr Driver felt the weight of expectation. I for one felt that he would rip the Rats apart however this did not occur.

Mr Driver still worked, and will work. An excellent outlet for Heart of Midlothian to launch attacks. Mr Driver is a winger, some days he'll rip teams apart others he'll be quiet.. kinda like O'Brien was today except when has he ever ripped teams apart!

I fully expect Mr Driver to ram his Screw into the Rats next week; if he hasn't done so to McGhee(sp) on Wednesday.

Harry Palmer

Discuss.

Care to discuss some of the views that have been expressed so far or are you simply observing to see how far this thread will go?

Discuss.

OMG. Try staying sober for the match next week.

Johanes de Silentio

I don't think that Driver was 'awful' today.

I thought he was good.

Faded a bit in the second half, but some nice touches in the opening period.

Maybe he suffered from the change in formation?

Maybe he's less effective in a 4-4-2 than than the 4-5-1?

Here's a question, though:

How often did the Hobos RB get forward?

Answer: Not very often/hardly ever!

Driver is qvality!

Not his best game of the season but certainly not the worst

he's a winger and as someone said on another thread wingers are inconsistent

the moment we have a consistent winger playing as good as AD can play thats ?7-8m in the bank

penicuik jambo

Discuss.

Biggest pile of crap iv read for a while, christ if AD was awful what was stewart

Thought he was one of our main threats still. Not as good a game as I have seen him play but still decent.

Andy driver is by far one of our best players ! A lot of people expect far to much from him, he ain't going to play out his skin every week but he needs the service and the option when he gets in the box..

Thought he was one of our main threats still. Not as good a game as I have seen him play but still decent.

i agree with this. the problem is out on the left all he can really do is hit the byline and cross it. our problem is he, theres no one there to receive the cross. so unless driver is making mazy runs like he did against falkirk everyone is up in arms "oh driver is crap" he's an out and out winger, he is good but some games jsut wont suit him. and especially one up front doesn't suit his play style at all.

The Old Tolbooth

Cant believe anyone can have a go at Driver after that game, especially when Stewart was the worst player on show by a country mile (again), and Kingston was the laziest ******* on the pitch!!

boabyarsebiscuit
thought he easily got past DVZ every time and was dangerous on the wing, but he really needs to work on descision making when he is in or around the box, a few times he should of passed rather than running into four hibs players.

I think a full season under Csaba should improve that.

On the subject of "DVZ". He's like the actor who played Reg Holdsworth in Coronation Street, "mildly" down syndrome. Does anyone else know of any down syndrome professional footballers? This is another first for Hibs, right?

Harry Palmer
I thought 01 was crap. Discuss

Who was wearing 01? What a ******.

Rats will take moral high ground Boaby.....but (hope it works!)

- http://www.corrie.net/kabin/images/morley_ken2.jpg (Ken Morley)

and

bearah718.tripod.com/.../cyclops.jpg

How does one put an image within their post?

As for anyone slagging Mr Driver.... Go away.

Guest GhostHunter
Who was wearing 01? What a ******.

Rats will take moral high ground Boaby.....but (hope it works!)

- www.corrie.net/kabin/images/morley_ken2.jpg (Ken Morley)

and

bearah718.tripod.com/.../cyclops.jpg

How does one put an image within their post?

As for anyone slagging Mr Driver.... Go away.

Wow - that post hurt my head.

:)

Jambo Hud316

Discuss.

Don;t know what game you were watching mate but it wasn;t the same one as me. Driver skinned van zanten almost everytime and was our most dangerous player when he got the ball to his feet.

Worst players for me were Stewart, Kingston and Ruben (who needs to get himself some nuts and stop going into tackles like a big fairy)..the rest all played well but thats just my opinion

Driver was not awful yesterday but he was far from superb as others have suggested. He did okay but did fail to get the final ball in far too often.

Driver was not at his best yesterday perhaps, but he still tried like ****, never hid or shirked, created opportunities and had a few goal attempts. He's young and inevitably will be inconsistent. That's what you get with exciting wingers. Bobby Prentice anyone?

Ryan Gosling

Driver was an average player when he first appeared. He worked hard in the summer and found a new burst of pace. He honed this and improved it more over the summer again. Now that he has this, it won't go away for a while, so he needs to practice technical ability. His dribbling is excellent, but he needs to start practising the things he needs to do after he's beaten his man.

Toxteth O'Grady
Driver was an average player when he first appeared. He worked hard in the summer and found a new burst of pace. He honed this and improved it more over the summer again. Now that he has this, it won't go away for a while, so he needs to practice technical ability. His dribbling is excellent, but he needs to start practising the things he needs to do after he's beaten his man.

Agreed Peanut, he just rushes the final ball at times, he often has more time than he thinks he has, if he would just look up and take a bit of care with the final ball he would be top class.

He is our biggest attacking threat at the moment, Hibs were doubling up on him most of the time.

Ryan Gosling
Agreed Peanut, he just rushes the final ball at times, he often has more time than he thinks he has, if he would just look up and take a bit of care with the final ball he would be top class.

He is our biggest attacking threat at the moment, Hibs were doubling up on him most of the time.

He's our key player for big away games, like Sunday.

The best thing for him is to have a free role. Whenever they have a corner, have him sit on the left wing near the halfway line. No one in the Vermin team can catch him.

scots civil war

very very frustrating player for me.....

very rarely delivers,takes the ball up the park at lightning speed but hangs on too long,takes the wrong option,or disconnects

great for him if he has a free role but shouldnt be gunning for the line when 2 on 2 like in the first half,could have cut inside headed straight for makalamity

needs more confidence

fth

Agreed. My own thoughts after the game. Both with crosses and shooting he tends to rush and on crosses he just wants to get the ball away without looking for a target. Still like him though.

Very exciting young player who has quickly become one of our most importnat players. We rely so heavily on him to create and provide some pace to our attacks. At them moment he is picking the wrong options and making the wrong decisions quite frequently but that will improve with experience and confidence.

The Hobo's were clearly wetting themselves whenever he got the ball but in the main did pretty well to contain him. However I fully expect that with the extra space he will be allowed at Fester next Sunday he will prove the difference between the teams.

Needs to get his head up when he's beaten a man, and learn to make the right choices. That comes with experience!!!

Sometimes I think I'm watching a completely different game from many others on this board. I thought Driver was definitely one of our best players yesterday, his first touch was great (there was some really neat footwork from him as I recollect) and as ever, he was up and down that wing like a dart. His control of the ball was brilliant at times, especially when receiving rather over-zealous passes from Mr Stewart. Van Zanten couldn't cope with him at all, and I doubt he'll be looking forward to a re-match next weekend....

His final ball isn't always great but that's nothing new (and something he admits himself) and given time, I'm sure we'll see improvements there. If we get any more of his time after the transfer window, that is...

Sometimes I think I'm watching a completely different game from many others on this board. I thought Driver was definitely one of our best players yesterday, his first touch was great (there was some really neat footwork from him as I recollect) and as ever, he was up and down that wing like a dart. His control of the ball was brilliant at times, especially when receiving rather over-zealous passes from Mr Stewart. Van Zanten couldn't cope with him at all, and I doubt he'll be looking forward to a re-match next weekend....

His final ball isn't always great but that's nothing new (and something he admits himself) and given time, I'm sure we'll see improvements there. If we get any more of his time after the transfer window, that is...

Only complaints I ever have about him is his final ball - whether it is a cross or a shot, it?s usually poor. Like McGeady of a couple of years ago (I?m going to get pelters for that comment I fear...)

Driver thrives on big pitches, which is why his best performanes seen to come away to the OF.

Eater Road is pretty wide and he played well in teh last game there, so I predict he will do well and get it right up the Hobos!

He's a winger. His job is basically to beat a man or two, keeping the ball at his feet, and then do something creative, like cross accurately to our solitary forward, or score himself.

That's not so easy. If it was, then more players would do it, and they don't.

Archived