GARY GLEN

harvey05

If he got more service into the space he was making for himself he would have got a goal I feel.

What a shot to, I hope we handle him well, he bulks up and gets a run in the team.

Could be an exceptional talent, for our up and coming golden generation :D

:107years:

We tried it at Dunfermline pre-season and Laslo changed it after 20 minutes. I thought he was excellent when he came on playing just behind Nade and I wouldn't be surprised if he started next week.

Ibrahim Tall

Playing him ahead of Nade would be daft imo, he'd just suffer from the same problems Nade/Mole have all season - no support.

4-4-2 with Nade/Glen's the way forward imo, atleast that way when Nade gets the ball and holds it up or trys to flick it on we might actually have someone there to get on the end of it.

The lads got promise. Should be on the teamsheet before Nade any day of the week! What do you think?

What utter nonsense.

Nade has been playing well recently considering the thankless task he is being asked to perform. Thought he was excellent today and all his performance lacked was a goal.

The way forward is to play Nade WITH Glen.

Ryan Gosling

Considering yesterday was Glen's first 'real game' - Aberdeen was a scratch - I thought he did great. Fearless.

portobellojambo1
Playing him ahead of Nade would be daft imo, he'd just suffer from the same problems Nade/Mole have all season - no support.

4-4-2 with Nade/Glen's the way forward imo, atleast that way when Nade gets the ball and holds it up or trys to flick it on we might actually have someone there to get on the end of it.

Agree with this, and the reasoning you give.

Simply replacing Nade with Glen means the system will not change, it will just be a different face on his lonesome up front. Either playing 4-4-2, with Nade and Glen up top together, or a formation with Glen sitting slightly behind (in that position affectionately known as "the hole") makes more sense.

We need to start scoring a few goals again, just to get the confidence up, and get back on the winning track, then we can move on from there.

Don't see Glen being a sucess if he is lone striker.

Nor do I and I actually thought he linked up very well with Nade. nade is never going to be a goal scorer but get the right man beside him I think he is invaluable to the team.

Thought Glen changed the game when he came on, well done son.

Marmeladent?rtchen
The lads got promise. Should be on the teamsheet before Nade any day of the week! What do you think?

Would be good untill he has a couple bad games and gets boo'ed out to Livingston!! ;)

Maroon Mayhem

I think if we got Velicka he could play the pivot in a 451 but with Nade only a 442 will work because Nade can't finish opportunistically like Velicka can.

Until then Glen looks well worth his place partnering Nade in a 442.

Glen has alot of promise.

If we could go 4-4-2 and play him alongside Nade he could work wonders.

Aguiar passing the ball forward, Nade causing mayhem with the defence and wee Gary nipping into the space created to slot it in.

Ryan Gosling

I think the bench is the right place for him at the moment. Having said that, I think he should start with Mole on Wednesday night as Nade should be rested for the cup game.

If "attitude" was the reason that Csaba wasn't selecting him, he certainly showed a positive attitude from the moment he came on.

Drylaw Hearts
I think the bench is the right place for him at the moment. Having said that, I think he should start with Mole on Wednesday night as Nade should be rested for the cup game.

I'd rather they brought back Elliot and played him.

Mole should be released asap.

Ryan Gosling

Jamie Goal will score the winner on Sunday. Fact.

Ryan Gosling
I'm not convinced.

Ok - if he does, you have to change your name to Drylaw Mole for a week.

If he doesn't, I will say that you were correct in saying he wouldn't score.

Deal? :D

Hilary Briss

Glen was outstanding when he came on......must start with Nade next week.

LeeBarclay94

Thought he did great when he came on, fighting for everything, thats what we need!. That shot was inches from screaming into the top bag aswell!. Makalamby was stranded!

Thought he did really well. Wasn't scared to try things, linked play well, never gave up on anything and wasn't afraid to have a pop.

Wouldn't play him up top on his own though.

Drylaw Hearts
Ok - if he does, you have to change your name to Drylaw Mole for a week.

If he doesn't, I will say that you were correct in saying he wouldn't score.

Deal? :D

No Deal.

:D

Charlie-Brown
No Deal.

:D

Surely you'd take 'Drylaw Mole' in a second given what it would mean though DH ? :108-in-a-row: :)

jack D and coke

Looked really cocky and confident and you've got to love that in a striker. Best thing that happened to us yesterday was Thomson getting injured(obviously dont mean any harm to the boy)but our performance improved.

Why we've been persisting with the likes of Mole when we have this lad is baffling. Must've tried to bull Csaba's mrs or something!

Drylaw Hearts
Ha you have faith. :D

Surely you'd take 'Drylaw Mole' in a second given what it would mean though DH ? :108-in-a-row: :)

I am against name changes.

It suggests someone has something to hide.

:tongue:

Charlie-Brown

Sorry DH I was unaware you posted under your real name? :mw_rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow

correct, at least no one knew my old name hibeeinglasgow...oppps I have said too much, this post well self-distruct:mw_rolleyes:

tommythejambo

A 5"8, 19 year old who probably weighs about 11 stone...As a lone striker, in probably the roughest top flight league in the World...That's just silly talk.

jamboinglasgow
The New Robbo.

(Tin hat on)

not too sure about that, I dont think Glen is the same kind of player as Robbo. But will be a great player.

Charlie-Brown
The New Robbo.

(Tin hat on)

Robbo was the ultimate goal-poacher whilst Gary Glen isn't even an out & out striker - in 'the hole' between midfield & striker where he played yesterday is probably his best position, he can also play on the flanks or attacking midfield.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

His effort that hit the bar was a sweet strike.

I honestly could never ever imagine Nade or Mole hitting a shot like that.

Ryan Gosling
His effort that hit the bar was a sweet strike.

I honestly could never ever imagine Nade or Mole hitting a shot like that.

To be fair, Mole did score one against St Mirren :D

To be fair, Mole did score one against St Mirren :D

Did that not bobble along the ground and was misjudged by the keeper?

Or am I going mental?

Or am I going mental?

just trying to smokescreen the arguement to suit your own

:laugh:

Eh?!

What is my argument? That Glen is a better striker of the ball than Mole? I genuinely can't remember what the goal was like.

Lighting up FFS. It's a message board.

Drylaw Hearts

Or am I going mental?

IIRC......

The Goalie really should have saved it.

At a guess Elliot has scored about 6 in about 60 Hearts games, with about 50% of those games as a lone striker. Mole has scored 2 in about 20 games with about 90% of those games as a lone striker.

The above are my gut feel not actual stats, and am not having a go at you, but I think Mole actually has more to his game than Elliot, he?s just hardly ever had a strike partner...We are killing these kids by asking 20 year olds to play as the sole striker.

jamboinglasgow
IIRC......

The Goalie really should have saved it.

i remember it being a great goal scored from outside the box.

Drylaw Hearts
At a guess Elliot has scored about 6 in about 60 Hearts games, with about 50% of those games as a lone striker. Mole has scored 2 in about 20 games with about 90% of those games as a lone striker.

The above are my gut feel not actual stats, and am not having a go at you, but I think Mole actually has more to his game than Elliot, he?s just hardly ever had a strike partner...We are killing these kids by asking 20 year olds to play as the sole striker.

According to LH.......

Elliot has 10 Goals from 44 starts.

Mols has 4 Goals from 22 starts.

Apart from the goals to game ratio, I think Elliot has shown far more potential than Mole has ever show - particuarly his performences in 2005/06.

He played the lone striker role v Celtic and Hibs under Rix and was immense.

I've never left a Hearts match thinking Mole was anything better than average.

Drylaw Hearts
i remember it being a great goal scored from outside the box.

I remember thinking it was a great strike and tbh he did hit it well, but after seeing the replay I did think if our Goalie had let that in I would have been disappointed.

Ryan Gosling
According to LH.......

Elliot has 10 Goals from 44 starts.

Mols has 4 Goals from 22 starts.

Apart from the goals to game ratio, I think Elliot has shown far more potential than Mole has ever show - particuarly his performences in 2005/06.

He played the lone striker role v Celtic and Hibs under Rix and was immense.

I've never left a Hearts match thinking Mole was anything better than average.

Clum has 12 from 94 appearances in total

Mole has 4 from 30 appearances in total

:)

Drylaw Hearts
Clum has 12 from 94 appearances in total

Mole has 4 from 30 appearances in total

:)

I don't like counting sub appearences.

I agree.

Playing as a lone striker is often a thankless task. It takes a particular type of player with particular strengths to play well in this role . Far more talented players than either Mole or Elliot have been used in this role by other clubs and failed miserably.

Archived