Laszlo: we need Goalscorer now

slfjambo

http://www.itv.com/Sport/Football/News/ScottishPremierLeague/Generalnews/Laszlo-we-need-Goalscorer-now-573703471.html

Laszlo: we need Goalscorer now

Published: 03/01/2009

Hearts boss Csaba Laszlo admitted he was desperate for a new striker after his team were held to a goalless draw in the Edinburgh derby with Hibs.

Laszlo watched his goal-shy side hit the woodwork three times and Yves Ma-Kalambay make several decent saves in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash at Tynecastle.

Christian Nade headed against the bar in an open first half before sliding the ball against the post just after the break.

Substitute Gary Glen's 30-yard strike dipped onto the bar but the home players were off target more often than not as they pressed in the final quarter.

Lone striker Nade produced a dreadful attempt when he leaned back and shot far over and well wide as Robbie Neilson's low cross fell invitingly at his feet 15 yards out.

Nade has scored just once in 18 appearances this season and, with the injured Mike Tullberg and Jamie Mole on one goal between them, Laszlo has asked his employers for at least one new striker this month.

The Hearts boss said: "We must be focused on the target. It's nothing new. I said last year we can create 20 million chances, but if we don't score, you always have danger behind you.

"I think this game more realistically should be 10-5 or 6-4 - but we didn't score

"In the middle and end of the second half, we pushed forward and, if we score, we kill the opponent.

"The transfer window is open, I have given my plan to the board and I hope we will be active."

"The transfer window is open, I have given my plan to the board and I hope we will be active."

Bit worrying, the tone of that last bit.

"I hope we will be active"

At this stage I'd feel better if the manager of the football club knows full well that we will be active.

If he's relying on our feckin board (who have had umpteen previous plans and player lists given to them) to go out and deliver his "plan" in some kind of organised, well thought out and structured way, he's hung his hat on the wrong peg.

Jam Tarts 1874

"if we score, we kill the opponent." Summed it up. I am glad Csaba thinks of the hobos in these terms.

I just wish people wouldn't expect miracles overnight. Csaba was unlucky with Tullberg and yet we are still very much in the hunt for European football, do you honestly think that Hearts don't want to sign a striker? FFS!

Billy the Jambo

If we dont get a couple of strikers in during this transfer window i am giving up my season ticket .We need at least 1 for next week for the cup game or we are fecked not just for the cup but for 3rd place

The Comedian
If we dont get a couple of strikers in during this transfer window i am giving up my season ticket .We need at least 1 for next week for the cup game or we are fecked not just for the cup but for 3rd place

Thats the spirit. Can I have it?

Bit drastic is that not? Is it the drink talking?

Me too. If Torres and Robinho aren't pulling on the famous maroon next week I'm chucking it forever.

"if we score, we kill the opponent." Summed it up. I am glad Csaba thinks of the hobos in these terms.

I just wish people wouldn't expect miracles overnight. Csaba was unlucky with Tullberg and yet we are still very much in the hunt for European football, do you honestly think that Hearts don't want to sign a striker? FFS!

I honestly think Csaba wants to sign one. However Hearts have been needing one for around two years now and we havent managed it, despite many being available. FFS we had Scott MacDonald virtually begging for us to sign him not so long ago.

Every transfer window under Romanov has been a complete and utter disorganised shambles and if Csaba isnt being kept in the loop (as appears from his statement above)I fear this window will be no different.

Billy the Jambo
Bit drastic is that not? Is it the drink talking?

No its not drink talking . I havent had a drink for about 18 months

The Comedian
YES you can mate pm me at the end of january

You'll be a laughing stock on KB if you don't. I'll pm at the time.

Yours

Hey! Ho! Jambo!

(Soon To Be Half-Season Ticket Holder)

Take a drink !!!!.......Haw....there's Billy no takin a drink................Take a drink Billy !!!!!

:mw_rolleyes::mw_rolleyes:

Nade imo is a good 'forward', but is defo no 'striker', if that makes sense.

Have to say he's a bit better than he was when he was fat but he's a forward who neither scores goals nor creates goals. He can hold the ball up fine but thats about his lot and I'm afraid time has to be called on him pretty soon.

He's not a threat..............a "good forward" would be.

Get yerself a drink billy, you'll feel better.:)

Jam Tarts 1874
I honestly think Csaba wants to sign one. However Hearts have been needing one for around two years now and we havent managed it, despite many being available. FFS we had Scott MacDonald virtually begging for us to sign him not so long ago.

Every transfer window under Romanov has been a complete and utter disorganised shambles and if Csaba isnt being kept in the loop (as appears from his statement above)I fear this window will be no different.

Does that include all the players that came in during the summer of 2005? There have also been lots of hits and misses since then.

The lack of activity in general during the summer of 2008 in my opinion was a good thing, and I think that the current solidity of the team is testiment to just leaving things alone for a while with a decent manager in charge.

As for Scott McDonald, that was nothing more than typical JKB transfer talk i.e. utter garbage.

The Comedian
Have to say he's a bit better than he was when he was fat but he's a forward who neither scores goals nor creates goals. He can hold the ball up fine but thats about his lot and I'm afraid time has to be called on him pretty soon.

He's not a threat..............a "good forward" would be.

Good post. Nade should be returned to his Impact sub role he's played everywhere else prior to coming to Hearts.

Does that include all the players that came in during the summer of 2005? There have also been lots of hits and misses since then.

The lack of activity in general during the summer of 2008 in my opinion was a good thing, and I think that the current solidity of the team is testiment to just leaving things alone for a while with a decent manager in charge.

As for Scott McDonald, that was nothing more than typical JKB transfer talk i.e. utter garbage.

2005 was done out of necessity beacuse we had a ludicrously small and inadequate squad

I agree that panic buying last summer was neither desirable, affordable or even neccesary. I thought at the time we had the basis of a decent squad and that motivation and leadership was the main problem, but we should have signed at least two strikers IMO.

Scott Macdonald isued a plea through the papers, either quoting himself or his agent for Hearts or Hibs to " Come and get me" The JKB discussion at the time centred around some of the football scholars on here assuring us that he wasnt good enough for Hearts.

jambo walesy

Nobody is asking Vlad to splash millions of pounds on a player, just a decent centre forward will do. Someone like that Porter at Motherwell or a Lovell or Mackie type player that will give you 10-15 goals a season.

Come on Vlad get one in before next Sunday!

does anyone now when tullberg will be back

Jam Tarts 1874
does anyone now when tullberg will be back

Starting to think that we won't see him again, but that seems to have been the problem with Romanov's signings. You get a Skacel and a Fyssas, but you also get a Makela and a Pinilla etc etc.

Nade imo is a good 'forward', but is defo no 'striker', if that makes sense.

For the first half hour, Nade was outstanding. All he needs is a "striker" beside him.

As for the rest of the thread, Laszlo, the man that only needs 30 seconds to look at a player, knows NOW that we need a striker, yet bought us two 'keepers when we already had three?

If we dont get a couple of strikers in during this transfer window i am giving up my season ticket .

:bravo:

Johanes de Silentio

To be fair, I think that Csaba has known for some time that we need to bring in a decent striker or two, and I'm sure that he'll be trying to do just that before the windae shuts.

We created a fair few chances today, though...

which is nice!

Archived