trouble after game

artfuldodger

Miller Jambo 60
My brother was on the phone to me going past Robbos after the game and said stuff was being thrown at scarf-wearing Hibbys, including kids.

Bad news when bairns are involved:mad:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
loveofthegame
about 10/15 of the old hobo dinosaur casuals stood outside robbos.

they did not like it ,hearts casuals & scarf wearing fans came out the pub and set about them.

fat boy in the green tshirt got a few thumps in the coupon before the police moved in.

i was also told that the old hibs dinosaurs did their favourite cowards trick, and turned up team handed at robbos late last night when the pub was half empty.

Yep this happened apparently. Huge group of Hibs casuals turned up later at night and stormed the pub, pretty mental from what i heard. Quite a few Hearts fans took a bit of a doing.

about 10/15 of the old hobo dinosaur casuals stood outside robbos.

they did not like it ,hearts casuals & scarf wearing fans came out the pub and set about them.

fat boy in the green tshirt got a few thumps in the coupon before the police moved in.

i was also told that the old hibs dinosaurs did their favourite cowards trick, and turned up team handed at robbos late last night when the pub was half empty.

did the fat baldy have a green and white hooped top on?

vlad on the tyne
I was involved in the lot.

Basically, some slag was being proper naughty. The boys know not to take that, so we rushed them. Like the poofs they are, they backed up. Then the bottles started flying.

Quick as a flash, I took off my shirt to reveal my rippling 45 year old, 20 stone physique. My union jack tattooes glistening in the sun, I taunted a man half my size, and around 14 years old to "have a go" from 100 yards away.

Then, just before it all got serious, the old bill came along Princes Street. Plod are a disgrace, especially from a mile away and if it wasn't for them there could have been someone with a nasty slagging off.

Dibble are a disgrace you GRASSES.

:laugh:

is that you big bernie:rolleyes:

Yep this happened apparently. Huge group of Hibs casuals turned up later at night and stormed the pub, pretty mental from what i heard. Quite a few Hearts fans took a bit of a doing.

Was it only the 'traditional' Hearts fans left at that time or were there ordinary punters caught up in it?

loveofthegame
Was it only the 'traditional' Hearts fans left at that time or were there ordinary punters caught up in it?

I'd be lying if i gave a definite answer mate as i wasn't there i was just told about it by someone who was. But i believe it was a mix, certainly i was told by someone who is about as far from being a casual as you can get...

winston churchill

yes

as i said in my other post.

they did not like it when the numbers were even.

it's their favourite cowards trick of coming back later and hitting a pub mob handed.

winston churchill
did the fat baldy have a green and white hooped top on?

yes

there was two or three fat, shaved headed,pavement dancers in the wee mob giving it the- come on hertz.

yes

there was two or three fat, shaved headed,pavement dancers in the wee mob giving it the- come on hertz.

We passed them outside Robbos on the way along the road and at the time, there were no police standing anywhere nearer than the top of McLeod St from what I could see.

Horrible looking people, I would have given them a wide berth in any circumstances. The fat-toothless-ned-in-Christmas-jumper-shrunk-in-wash look is bad enough, but they were OLD too....what on earth are these people thinking? Ick.

PresidentRomanov

No one got a doing,they didn't get anywhere near the pub, there was dozens of police outside.

The only slight annoyance was that I couldn't go outside for a cigarette for about half an hour as they locked the doors :mad:

Drylaw Hearts
No one got a doing,they didn't get anywhere near the pub, there was dozens of police outside.

The only slight annoyance was that I couldn't go outside for a cigarette for about half an hour as they locked the doors :mad:

To keep the smell in presumably ?

:)

Dr. Bapswent
We passed them outside Robbos on the way along the road and at the time, there were no police standing anywhere nearer than the top of McLeod St from what I could see.

Horrible looking people, I would have given them a wide berth in any circumstances. The fat-toothless-ned-in-Christmas-jumper-shrunk-in-wash look is bad enough, but they were OLD too....what on earth are these people thinking? Ick.

I think if you look in the dictionary under 'radge' youd find the picture you described.

PresidentRomanov
To keep the smell in presumably ?

:)

Robbos isn't as bad as it's made out to be, at least it isn't run by a fat Hibs Bhastard, like the pub you choose to drink in is :mw_rolleyes:

And the assistant manager of said pub is smellier than anyone I've ever come across in Robertsons Bar :)

neverlikedElvis

quite a few folk got doings later on. group of guys outside robbos and another guy outside dickens

PresidentRomanov
quite a few folk got doings later on. group of guys outside robbos and another guy outside dickens

I was in Robbos from 10am, until 10:30pm, and never saw anyone getting a doing :)

Drylaw Hearts
Robbos isn't as bad as it's made out to be, at least it isn't run by a fat Hibs Bhastard, like the pub you choose to drink in is :mw_rolleyes:

And the assistant manager of said pub is smellier than anyone I've ever come across in Robertsons Bar :)

:laugh:

neverlikedElvis

I was speaking to three guys who were involved. one of them had been set about by a pack of the monkeys. the guys were in robbos and went outside when that mob turned up.

PresidentRomanov
Missed the match then? :mw_rolleyes:

I left for a couple of hours around quarter past twelve :)

loveofthegame
I was in Robbos from 10am, until 10:30pm, and never saw anyone getting a doing :)

You won't have seen it then as it was outside. I know for a fact a few boys took a bit of a beating.

PresidentRomanov
You won't have seen it then as it was outside. I know for a fact a few boys took a bit of a beating.

I wouldn't have then, they didn't "storm" the pub though, as suggested.

loveofthegame
I wouldn't have then, they didn't "storm" the pub though, as suggested.

Again not what i've heard from quite a few people who where there, but i'm only telling it how it was relayed to me.

By storm i don't mean they got in, but they were attempting to get through both the front and side doors or perhaps more just goading those inside to come out.

PresidentRomanov
Again not what i've heard from quite a few people who where there, but i'm only telling it how it was relayed to me.

By storm i don't mean they got in, but they were attempting to get through both the front and side doors or perhaps more just goading those inside to come out.

They didn't get closer than about forty yards, I was watching the ugly bhastards out the window.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

looking%20out%20the%20window.jpeg

Picky Bum and another well known Poster in Thailand looking out the window. :)

They didn't get closer than about forty yards, I was watching the ugly ********* out the window.

Some people just don't have the spine for a fight,do they.:)

neverlikedElvis

why were you watching them from the window Boom? wasn't there enough people in the pub to go outside and hammer them?

why were you watching them from the window Boom? wasn't there enough people in the pub to go outside and hammer them?

The "traditional" fans only make their mouth go on web sites or from behind a rubbish bin at the gyle hissing at people they see as traitors.

PresidentRomanov

I'm a grown man, not really interested in fighting with casuals :)

If they'd came in the pub, I'd have defended myself, and smacked one of them with a Magners bottle, like I did the last time they done that :)

We had a nice run-in with the "ccs baby crew" - outside the Caley Bowling Club around 6pm. They appeared from everywhere when we got outside. Pretty sure it was a stitch up from one of the many Hobos in the club too but. Think one of them phoned their mates.

PresidentRomanov
The "traditional" fans only make their mouth go on web sites or from behind a rubbish bin at the gyle hissing at people they see as traitors.

Traditional fans also go and support thier team - unlike you :)

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
My brother was on the phone to me going past Robbos after the game and said stuff was being thrown at scarf-wearing Hibbys, including kids.

People where throwing kids??? What has this world become!!!!

southside1874
One thing I have never understood is why police let them come up to Gorgie Road after the match :mad: -- divert them via the Roseburn and Haymarket and we would half any trouble.

We are never allowed down the same streets at Fester Road.

Its the small number of Hibbys who are in the main stand that go that way.

southside1874
People where throwing kids??? What has this world become!!!!

It was practice for the dwarf throwing chamionship:laugh:

winston churchill
I was speaking to three guys who were involved. one of them had been set about by a pack of the monkeys. the guys were in robbos and went outside when that mob turned up.

like i said cowards.

they are never that keen if the numbers are even.

i have also found out, they were up to their other party trick of picking on hearts fans out and about on their own.

...and the three thousand in the School End, if they so decide.

Guest jambomickey
Traditional fans also go and support thier team - unlike you :)

i was in robbos before the game aswell picky! first time in ages.

winston churchill

nope,they were in the away end but the cops let them walk up mcleod street.

as we came out N3 the hobos were walking past us.

PresidentRomanov
i was in robbos before the game aswell picky! first time in ages.

Hope you enoyed it Mickey, was murder getting served though, we ended up having to get double rounds.

There were 7 policemen in Westfield at some point (no idea when ). Must have been looking for someone. Or maybe it was the music police as the karaoke was on and a young girl was entertaining us with her singing (only 8) :)

Guest Fabuloso
Hope you enoyed it Mickey, was murder getting served though, we ended up having to get double rounds.

How's the team prep going for Robbo's entry on 'Eggheads'?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
How's the team prep going for Robbo's entry on 'Eggheads'?

Never mind that, how was the 'we hate our cup winning captain club' ?

Sergio Garcia

I fair enjoyed Robbos before game, only been in there a handful of times but the fact it took over half hour to get a drink (had to get double rounds) probably means shall head elsewhere before games again.

Some daft bint at the bar wound me up a little, as i has just finished asking for my six bottles of Becks( altho i was given Buds, but after half an hour wasnt complaining) she shouted her order in, then the barmaid proceeded to serve her first, to which aforementioned daft bint said youve got to shout to get your order in, normally i would agree but not when i had gave the barmaid my order already.

Think next pre match will be Diggers or Westfield, good pub far too long for service!

Guest Fabuloso
Never mind that, how was the 'we hate our cup winning captain club' ?

If anyone has a copy of the minutes I'd appreciate a look - thanks.

Archived