Mikey Stewart

Cliffundo

Just back from the game. Stewart was bad today. Took him almost 70 minutes to contribute anything decent.

Whats happned to him....He started the season well and had a good run of games where he was the best player for us.

Bruno would have had a field day with that pesh today...we should have pumped them by 3 or 4

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Just back from the game. Stewart was bad today. Took him almost 70 minutes to contribute anything decent.

Whats happned to him....He started the season well and had a good run of games where he was the best player for us.

Bruno would have had a field day with that pesh today...we should have pumped them by 3 or 4

Exactly the same as happened last season.

He was very unlucky not to score before half time!!!!!

A decent shift.

Csaba started him in Aguiar's usual position and he was rank rotten there.

Once he was moved back, I think he had a reasonable game.

His set pieces are terrible though. He shouldn't be allowed near them.

sorry, but i've got to disagree.

i felt that he put in a power of work, tackled well and made some good passes.

not everything came off and he got caught with the ball once or twice when looking for movement ahead, but otherwise had a decent game.

Never had the best of games, but it doesn't help when your surrounded by defensive players and no striker to pick out.

Great passion, the odd descent tackle, his distribution is absolutely crap.

We really miss bruno, hope he's fit soon.

???????????????????????????????????? - He had a good game!!!!

Babyjam-hmfc

Think people need to lay off him a bit - his problem is he tries too hard and it just doesn't work for him. If Kingston put in half of his effort he'd be decent enough.

Thought that as soon as he had two forwards ahead of him he found it a lot easier to link up and get moves started. He has a tendancy to hold on tot he ball too long or try a Hollywood pass. He's not a bad back up for Aguiar but he's nowhere near the same league as him.

Drylaw Hearts
Csaba started him in Aguiar's usual position and he was rank rotten there.

Once he was moved back, I think he had a reasonable game.

His set pieces are terrible though. He shouldn't be allowed near them.

My thoughts also.

Thought he was poor until Glen came on.

He improved when he moved back a little into his natural position.

Captain Sausage

In the hole he was atrocious. I doubt many people would challenge that.

However, even in his natural position, he made far too many mistakes. Sitting on the ball too long, poor passing, poor intelligence. He played some fantastic balls, namely the ball to Driver. But he should have scored when he and Nade ran at Hogg and he bottled it and but the onus on Nade when it was easier for him to keep running.

a different player from aguiar who can play killer passes, nice cute stuff etc. I thought Stewart did a good shift, makes time for himself and plays good passes into men with space also wrks hard - don't know what people want, does everyone need to score hat tricks???

With the exception of Kingston thought every player did well today

I agree he had a 10 minute spell in the first half where nothing went right for him and he seemed to lose his footing quite a lot but once he moved back into a more central midfield role I thought he played well.

sorry, but i've got to disagree.

i felt that he put in a power of work, tackled well and made some good passes.

not everything came off and he got caught with the ball once or twice when looking for movement ahead, but otherwise had a decent game.

I thought him and Kingston were terrible.

We should offer Caley Thistle Stewart for Ian Black now.

The guy is utter pish.

Captain Sausage

He doesn't have to score hat-tricks. But he needs to complete a high % of his passes, look for the simple ball instead of going for the ridiculous Alonso style 60 yard pass which comes off a small minority of times that he tries it.

He can take some very nice touches which give him space, but when he gets space, he starts to think about what the best ball he could play is, and launches it.

Aguiar has the ability to pull of these passes, and can take set pieces, and control the pace of the game. These are things Stewart cannot do, yet seems to believe he has the ability to do.

when he moved back to the middle of the park he looked a little better. Still too slow on the ball, he should try to release the pass quicker

I agree but then a lot of the time there is nobody in a decent position to receive a pass that certainly doesn't help.

when he moved back to the middle of the park he looked a little better. Still too slow on the ball, he should try to release the pass quicker

Jam Tarts 1874

Stewart is on another planet. He believes that his job is done if he simply tries to make a 50 yard pass that might have led to a goal - if only all his teamates were on the same wavelength.

He is not a young man still learning, his poor play and attitude are not acceptable - it really is totally indefencible (spellcheck!).

Miller Jambo 60
Astonishing.

I feel mike has lost a bit confidence.

He will be back after a few games.

The boo boys you are not hearts:evilno:

sandyseymour

been said before....he thinks he's better than he is.....his game has not improved since he was a teenager at MU....at best a squad player :mw_rolleyes:

I am not a boo boy, but Stewart was awful today.

I thought he improved as the game went on but there are couple of new folk who have moved into section X this year who are at once the best coaches and players ever and yet at the same time spend the whole game berating every Hearts player unless they score a hat trick every touch of the ball so my objectivity is spoiled by trying to constantly filter out the background noise of these two

beefybathgate

Stewart was without doubt 1 of the worst hearts players today. He still believes because he warmed up Man Utd's 2nd team bench that he gods gift. He was good in previous times but now he runs about like a lost soul. The best pass he completed today was actually a misskick. Csaba should let him warm out bench hes RANK!!!!!

:107years::laugh:

I think he had a good game, I think astonishing is perhaps exhagerating.

He was part of a midfield that totally bossed the middle of the park, yet he didn?t have a very good game. Our midfield were dominant even though

*Driver only played for the first half and cannot cross or shoot;

*Ruben was for once making errors in his passing;

*Stewart was his usual 50% perspiration - 10% inspiration - 40% frustration.

*Kingston was his usual 1% perspiration - 48% inspiration - 51% frustration

It was a funny game today: They were overrun in midfield but their defence managed to hold firm as we were so wasteful up front.

Their strikers got very little service but our defence handled them pretty comfortably.

2 incomplete teams.

beefybathgate

stewart is gash 99.99999999999999 times out of 100 just now PANTS!!!!!

Jam Tarts 1874

He is so bad now that there is no chance whatsoever of any other club making an offer. Does anybody know when Stewart's current contract is up?

Stewart had a bad first 30 minutes but arguably he was out of position.

When he moved deeper after Glen came on I thought him and Ruben did OK. Not spectacular, but OK.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Mickey looks like a player who knows he is not 1st choice when everybody is fit.

No wonder when he performs like he did today.

Lots of wayward passes and still needs to swallow the chill pill on occasions.

He thinks he's better than he actually is.

His ego has to get kicked out of him by Csaba.

When he is calm and concentrated and working for the team, he is good.

When he is acting like a prima donna, spraying useless passes about and moaning at everyone else for not being telepathic, he is gash.

He was murder today !!! Think he ain't match fit , not the stewart we are used of seeing by far , poor show !!!! Bruno was in the stand today not far from me , think he has played last game for us ............

The Old Tolbooth
He is so bad now that there is no chance whatsoever of any other club making an offer. Does anybody know when Stewart's current contract is up?

Hopefully tomorrow, he was the worst player on the pitch by a country mile, and I really wish we would bin this feckin joker!! :evilno:

Don't think Gary Glen was as good as some made out, but the reason why many think that is that Hearts got so much better when Stewart went further back in the park because when he was further forward - he did absolutely **** all.

Guest JamboRobbo

Agreed.

I thought him and Kingston were terrible.

We should offer Caley Thistle Stewart for Ian Black now.

The guy is utter pish.

Agreed.

For me, he goes into games like yesterday with his own agenda, wanting to beat the world. If he just sticks to the simple thing and does what he's been asked, we'd benefit much more.

Ernie Eskilsson

You can count the good games MS has had for us on one hand. He was awful yesterday as was Kingston. Those two apart I thought the rest of the team including the subs did pretty well. Berra started very nervously, Driver faded in the second half and Nade missed good chances but overall we dominated the game and played well. After the game we were discussing which, if any, of the Hibs team we'd pick for Hearts and Fletcher was the only one. That's how dominant we were.

Coming back to MS, I've said all along that he's not good enough. I think it's as simple as that.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Intresting,,,, anyone know if Miko is fit???

I detest negativity, it's a mindset in this country which we need to change. STEVEN PRESSLEY 10 October 2008

There used to be a bunker mentality where it was us against them, " CRAIG LEVEIN 13/12/2008

Archived