Jonsson

Goonieref

Looks the real deal, I would love him to stay with Hearts but if he does not I hope he goes onto be a star, he has massive potential.

My man of the match.

From Section B, was able to appreciate his contribution and effort in full. Not just the obvious, but the off the ball movement and general commitment was impressive and without fault. He's strong, fast and talented. An essential part of the second half of the season, if Csaba is reading this.

Well deserved man of the match, and given Berra put in another stellar show, that speaks volumes.

Class.

Deodato

Isaac Begbie

Its a shame that none of our midfielders or strikers were as composed and classy as either Jonsson or Berra today.

vlad on the tyne

very much an "academy" line up today.

eggert did well today and i hope he continues to improve as we could have a top player on our hands

Stupid Sexy Flanders
that tackle in the second half was sublime, great game today, my MOM today

Hands down, one of the greatest tackles I've ever seen.

Jam Tarts 1874

Not just that great tackle but some excellent forward play, particularly his run and cut-back for Nade to hit the post.

Yeah, if that was Wallace I reckon he would've clattered right into the back of riordan tbh. Great potential

Hands down, one of the greatest tackles I've ever seen.

It really was superb.

I was touching cloth as he was making it :biggrin:

jamboinglasgow

think he had a cracking match, this when playing two different posistions. He is a great assest for the club as his versatilty can be very useful for Hearts. Think he will be a great player.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
It really was superb.

I was touching cloth as he was making it :biggrin:

Yep, I could see the straight red coming! :laugh:

Craig-Section Z

Our John O'Shea, he can play well in a variety of positions and that perhaps for him is a bad thing as he will never get the chance to make a position his own.

Very good player though.

Captain Sausage

Absolutely sensational. Not a bad word to say about him. Except his music taste. Metallica? Come on.

Harry Palmer
think he had a cracking match, this when playing two different posistions. He is a great assest for the club as his versatilty can be very useful for Hearts. Think he will be a great player.

Exactly, I do not want young players/ or any player being pigeon holed into a specific position, if they are willing and able to learn new positions then let the manager make the decision.

I have to say I've been impressed by Mr Jonsson, he can play where he likes as long as he's in the team. ?XM then... pfft not at the moment. The guy is quality. FACT.

south morocco
jonsson had a great game today and i think he deserves a regular starting place but not sure in what position.

a modern day player who is versatile,hope we can keep him

Eggert has been one of our best players this season, the guy is class. He's played in a number of positions and he's done well in them all. Keep him in the defence and if Zaliukas leaves, keep him alongside Berra.

Captain Sausage

Didn't realise how good he was at centreback until today. With Zaliukas reported to be leaving, as long as Berra stays, Jonnson might actually have a position he can start in, rather than be that guy who comes in for any position at the back or on the right.

Jam Tarts 1874

I think Jonsson typifies the strength in depth we have developed from the academy. There are many others getting very close to being able to step in too. We may still have issues up front, but with players like Glen, Templeton, Wallace, Mackle, Husband, Brown, Rapnik, Thomson we DO HAVE a future if the likes of Berra, Driver, Kingston and Zaliukas are sold.

I thought he was superb today and showed his versatility by starting off at Centre Back then moving to Left Back and he has done equally well and Right Back.

It's a shame Csaba doesn't rate him in Midfield.

Looks the real deal, I would love him to stay with Hearts but if he does not I hope he goes onto be a star, he has massive potential.

Johanes de Silentio

This boy is all class.

Never mind Berra, Driver, etc - if I was a coach/scout at a major club, (god forbid) Jonnson is the Hearts player I'd be trying to sign.

Berra was good the dayas well, mind!

I don?t actually know if he is one-footed, because he doesn?t look one-footed. My point is that today Ruben, Stewart and Driver all looked really one-footed. Eggert looked very comfortable over on the left even though he is meant to be naturally suited to the right. A very useful player today. Losing our starting LB ought to have been a real problem since he was a RB shoehorned into the LB, but when you have a Jonsson in the team, losing anyone is manageable...

south morocco
I don?t actually know if he is one-footed, because he doesn?t look one-footed. My point is that today Ruben, Stewart and Driver all looked really one-footed. Eggert looked very comfortable over on the left even though he is meant to be naturally suited to the right. A very useful player today. Losing our starting LB ought to have been a real problem since he was a RB shoehorned into the LB, but when you have a Jonsson in the team, losing anyone is manageable...

your bang on ,and a club like us needs that versatility in a player these days, i hope eggy is with us for a few years yet,and well done to csaba for seeing it in him also!!

Malky,

I agree with you're general comments, totally, but one should never use the words Bobby Moore and "amateurish" so close together, surely?

Bobby Moore's was amateurish

Pick a different player to derive your parable - not Bobby.

Deodato :-)

Malky,

I agree with you're general comments, totally, but one should never use the words Bobby Moore and "amateurish" so close together, surely?

Pick a different player to derive your parable - not Bobby.

Deodato :-)

Apologies, not meaning to disrespect Mr Moore :)

It's just it was mentioned at the game and Moore's tackle on Pele is the most famous I know

However, as good as Booby Moore's challenge was, based on the pace of the game, Jonsson's starting position for the challenge etc I would say Eggert's was better

Jam Tarts 1874
Great young player with a top attitude.

He's probably decent in goals as well.

I'm told he also made sure that we didn't run out of pies today for a change :tongue:

Extremely highly talented young player that will go on to be a far more successful player after leaving Hearts. Oh, and he was fantastic today at both centre half and left back.

Good to see Hearts are focussing more and more on pace in the players we are bringing through. Berra, Driver and Jonsson are all fast enough to excel in the modern game. Makes for entertaining viewing as well.

StrikersInstinct

Excellent to see he is doing well. Hope he plays a major part when Iceland upset Scotland at Hampden in a couple of months time ;-)

Seriously I hope he keeps his place in the team as he seems to only fill up positions when others are injured.

Icelandic media reported last week that Bolton are following him, hope thats not true.

Eggy is fecking class.

No matter what position we play him in, he plays his heart out for the team and his concentration levels are amazing.

A superb little player who is either going to be a major part of HMFC for years to come, or will make us an absolute mint on the transfer market.

If we played him up front, how much would you bet that he'd score?

jamboinglasgow
Eggy is fecking class.

No matter what position we play him in, he plays his heart out for the team and his concentration levels are amazing.

A superb little player who is either going to be a major part of HMFC for years to come, or will make us an absolute mint on the transfer market.

If we played him up front, how much would you bet that he'd score?

think it shows what a great player he is and I am certain that he will make a mint for us but not for at least a few seasons, think he is a very intelligent player (in football terms and normal term) so he knows not to jump too early as it can go badly and Csaba is a brilliant manager who will bring his game on.

I think he is an exciting player who's versatilty will be of great benefit to him and Hearts.

Same I would say to Ryan McGowen is the same in that he is versatile (able to play center back and midfield) and he will have as good an impact as Eggy has.

Archived