General Post-Match Talk

Acey

What did people think of the game today?

I thought we probably had the best of it overall. We need a decent finisher so badly, it's obvious to anyone. I'm beginning to wonder if there's room for Nade in the team; his hold-up play is excellent (especially when Glen came on), but ultimately, we need someone who can put the ball in the net. Whether that someone is Glen remains to be seen, but either way, 4-4-2 is better than 4-2-3-1, Csaba.

Hibs were, and are, awful. I'd take Fletcher for Hearts, but, other than him, none of their players would get anywhere near a Hearts team of mine. Shocking midfield, poor defence. They're dangerous on the counter-attack, but Jonsson (I think) made two excellent last-ditch challenges. That was pretty much it from them.

In terms of the Hearts team, Karapidis was man of the match for me by some distance. If we play our cards right with him, he could be worth megabucks. With some fleet-footed players on the pitch (not that you'd know, with Hibs hooooooofing the ball every time they had it), it speaks volumes that he was the classiest guy on show. Bossed the midfield before Thomson went off (thank **** - no offence JT, but you're sh**e), and strolled through the game at CH. Excellent stuff.

Oh yeah - Kingston GTF. That's all.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Agree with every word. It's crazy that some people were prediciting two or three goal victories in the prediction thread. I thought it was a good performance but we need a goalscorer so badly. It's getting to the stage where I would take any SPL striker. Even the six-odd goals that people like Lovell, Nish and Higdon have got would probably have us comfortably in 3rd place. Also thought Driver more and more each week looks like he has the poential to be a top, top player.

I Thought And Going By What I Seen. We Should Have Scored 4-5 Certain Goals. Berras Rocket If Only That Had Been Put Across The keeper...

Nade Well People Say He's Lazy And Yes He Is, But Those Chances May Just Bring Him Down Or They May Give Him Confidence To Get Into Goalscoring Positions.

Berra Was Superb Same With Jonsson More From Those Pair Next Week If There Still Here That Is.

Kingston Is Just Not Upto Scratch.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

How bad was 01.

A poor imitation of his former neddish self.

Hibs were very, very poor and I'm really not that worried about next week on that showing. Hopefully we have Bruno back and then it's game on.

Worst Lochend outfit I've seen in a long time.

Agree with every word. It's crazy that some people were prediciting two or three goal victories in the prediction thread. I thought it was a good performance but we need a goalscorer so badly. It's getting to the stage where I would take any SPL striker. Even the six-odd goals that people like Lovell, Nish and Higdon have got would probably have us comfortably in 3rd place. Also thought Driver more and more each week looks like he has the poential to be a top, top player.

Why Not 2-3 Victory? The Chances We Had. Hit The Bar 2 Times And The Post.

A + from This Is That Glen Looked Lively So Maybe A 4-4-2 Is Imminent?

Also thought Driver more and more each week looks like he has the poential to be a top, top player.

Yeah? Thought he was pretty anonymous in the second half. Obviously, this has much to do with the standards he's set himself!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Why Not 2-3 Victory? The Chances We Had. Hit The Bar 2 Times And The Post.

A + from This Is That Glen Looked Lively So Maybe A 4-4-2 Is Imminent?

Precisely. The chances we had and nobody can finish.

We looked good.

Michael Stewart is not an attacking midfielder though and that showed.

Stewart was murder until Glen came on and then he was great.

If I were a Hibs fan i'd be dissapointed with Mixu. Hibs were set-up very poorly. A front two who couldn't (can't?) link up together.

"J.J" at right wing was anonymous. He was a great goalscorer (no idea if he still is) but at his age, I imagine pace is no longer his strong point so completely useless at right wing.

With a bit of luck and someone with a bit of composure up front we could easily of have 5 today.

We let the barstewards off the hook. No doubt about it.

Precisely. The chances we had and nobody can finish.

I'm Sure If We Had That Amount Of Chances Vs St.Midden Or Another Team They Where Certain Goals I Feel We Bottled It.

Drivers really got to work on his final product. It will be the difference between him doing well in the Premiership or playing in the Championship/Old Firm.

He has great ability though and seems to skip past players like they aren't there. Takes a few too many touches though.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Yeah? Thought he was pretty anonymous in the second half. Obviously, this has much to do with the standards he's set himself!

Not his best by a long-shot. But there were a couple of touched where I thought he looked so much more mature than last season, say - he just looks really comfortable on the ball. He had a good run midway through the first-half and beautifully chested down a long ball before being challenged. Quiet-ish today, but he's going to make it much bigger than Hearts.

i have to disagree. i dont think karapidis was exceptional today. he did his job, he did it well, but there was nothing stand out. i have seen him paly better. i class him in the same bracket as neilson. safe and dependable. Maybe he stood out to so many people today because he wasnt wasteful with the ball like stewart, kingston, chezny, nade, glen, thomson and palazoulas. playing at this level, i think all these palyers were too wasteful today against a hibs team that, if we had played possesion football like we can, we could have royally pumped. they made us look better than we were today i think.

Speaking of final product, Michael Stewart's crossing...jesus. To his credit, Ma-kalambay had an excellent game, by and large, and he was always going to catch anything floated towards him.

rudi must stay
What did people think of the game today?

I thought we probably had the best of it overall. We need a decent finisher so badly, it's obvious to anyone. I'm beginning to wonder if there's room for Nade in the team; his hold-up play is excellent (especially when Glen came on), but ultimately, we need someone who can put the ball in the net. Whether that someone is Glen remains to be seen, but either way, 4-4-2 is better than 4-2-3-1, Csaba.

Hibs were, and are, awful. I'd take Fletcher for Hearts, but, other than him, none of their players would get anywhere near a Hearts team of mine. Shocking midfield, poor defence. They're dangerous on the counter-attack, but Jonsson (I think) made two excellent last-ditch challenges. That was pretty much it from them.

In terms of the Hearts team, Karapidis was man of the match for me by some distance. If we play our cards right with him, he could be worth megabucks. With some fleet-footed players on the pitch (not that you'd know, with Hibs hooooooofing the ball every time they had it), it speaks volumes that he was the classiest guy on show. Bossed the midfield before Thomson went off (thank **** - no offence JT, but you're sh**e), and strolled through the game at CH. Excellent stuff.

Oh yeah - Kingston GTF. That's all.

well said. Didn't think their defence was poor though they all had an annoyingly good game, even Bamba

Speaking of final product, Michael Stewart's crossing...jesus. To his credit, Ma-kalambay had an excellent game, by and large, and he was always going to catch anything floated towards him.

Was he told to float it into a 6 ft 7' keeper? Fecking diabolical.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Regarding Driver, he will never be a top class player until his final ball improves.

True. I think he's getting there though. It's also who he's playing with. He had one run where he got to the line and cut it back. Nade reacted like frickin' rhino and didn't get to the ball. A striker with an ounce of anticipation would have reached it and probably scored and we would be saying it was a great ball from Driver.

Thought Ruben had a stinker today btw.

I quite like him (I know he's got his critics) but his touch was honking today.

PS. I hope that was Kingston's last game for us today. To not try a leg in a Derby is just not on.

Thought Ruben had a stinker today btw.

I quite like him (I know he's got his critics) but his touch was honking today.

PS. I hope that was Kingston's last game for us today. To not try a leg in a Derby is just not on.

I wouldn't agree that he had a stinker but i'd say he wasn't as good as recent performances.

He possibly wanted too long on the ball and found it difficult as Aguiar is normally available to pass to.

rudi must stay
That's an insult to Karapidis. Neilson was his usual rank self.

rubbish, he had a great game as he usually does now.

You did watch the game, didnt you? Robbie, who is usually quietly efficient, and thus gets a lot of stick without warrenting it, actually had a stand out game. Maybe it was the fact he was playing in a very inexperienced (at playing together) defence.

Karapidis, in my view, was the opposite.

Nonsense Acey, Robbie had a great game.

Neilson was immense imo, the only time he let himself down was when Fletcher had that shot and O'Brien was standing unmarked, but Larry wasnt exactly helping him. When Kingston was on the pitch Robbie was our best right midfielder, as well as right back.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

If we get a decent offer for Larry we should get shot

I'd rather have somebody average that tries for 90 minutes every week than someone who's on his game for 5 minutes every 5 matches

Neilson was just behind Berra as the 2nd best player on the park. Had a great game.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Thr trouble with Robbie is that we only seem to judge him by his own standards these days. So, today he had a good game. But it's almost funny how many passes he overhits or misplaces. He finds the touchline more ofen than he finds the man. Still love him though.

I give up.

Neilson's passing was awful, as usual. He's got the reaction speed of a double-decker bus. He got turned inside out by Fletcher. Anyone who disagrees with me on this one is wrong.

I'm not saying that he's the worst footballer on the planet, but Hearts can do so much better than him without looking very hard.

J.T.F.Robertson
Nonsense Acey, Robbie had a great game.

I'd put it a bit stronger than "nonsense". Robbie was more than fine.

I give up.

Neilson's passing was awful, as usual. He's got the reaction speed of a double-decker bus. He got turned inside out by Fletcher. Anyone who disagrees with me on this one is wrong.

I'm not saying that he's the worst footballer on the planet, but Hearts can do so much better than him without looking very hard.

That's about the only thing he did wrong all day.

Have a look at his opposite number. David Van Zanten. That's what you call dross. Compared to him Robbie was Cafu.

RN got stuck in, supported Kingston and Chesny well and was part of a defence that kept a clean sheet. His passing may have been off once or twice but he's a right back.

I give up.

Your the one thats wrong here, dont remember fletcher giving Neilson a hard time at all. Neilsons passing was actually ok today, no worse than Stewarts or Rubens, made some good runs upfield as well.

Ive got to say, prior to Neilsons injury I was his biggest critic but since he has come back he has been awesome. Karapedis, Berra and Eggy were brilliant as usual we just need our attack sorted out. I hate to say it but even with someone like Pospisil up front with Nade holding the ball up, we could have won 4 or 5 nil today.

Thoughts

Balogh - First game he has impressed me in, absolutely solid and commanding, cleared his lines well

Neilson - Superb, against their strongest player and exposed yet gave them nothing

Thomson - Was ok (ish) for a makeshift left back in his short time on the park

Eggert - Absolutely superb and bailed out Berra and Kari with a world class challenge on number pish , is there any position he cant play!!

Karipidis - just doesnt do it for me, doesnt look convincing in anything he does and almost let them in to be bailed out by eggy

Berra - absolutely solid and almost stole the win, still not convinced he is EPL class though, especially not for the money being rumoured.

Larry - was a shadow of what he is capable of, let him go

Driver - we are becoming too dependent on him, did well to do so much when he had half the hibs team marking him

Ruben - Too slow and tries to slow play down constantly, not always a bad thing, but certainly was today

Stewart - If he ever goes near a set piece again please Driver deck him, awful

Chesney - gave us a bit of spark but didnt see enough of the ball for me, had so much room on the right and we didnt utilise it

Glen - you can see why csaba has dropped him, lost a bit of his physique and confidence, did get better as game went on and a few cracking shots, far better when we played 4-4-2 with him on

Nade - brillant at holding the ball up, sadly not what we need for 90 minutes a week, some goals would be nice.

Your the one thats wrong here, dont remember fletcher giving Neilson a hard time at all.

When the highlights go up, pay attention to Balogh's save from Fletcher.

When the highlights go up, pay attention to Balogh's save from Fletcher.

Was robbie the only person at blame there? bearing in mind Robbie was at right back and Fletcher was centre-forward?

Thought Berra and Karipidis were our best players today, pity we don't have a finisher, Nade had good chances to score and credit to Glen he worked hard and that rocket that hit the bar proves to me he should get more chances of playing. Kingston seemed totally disinterested and if we get an offer we should punt him.

Larry played like a man who knows that a deal has been done and was terrified to overstretch or injure himself.

If that is not the correct reading of the situation then he was a bloody disgrace.

. . and for the record Robbie had an excellent game today.

boabyarsebiscuit

For what it's worth, I thought we were poor today. Too many passes going astray. Very few "clear heads", in a "step on the ball cool things down" kind of way. And when we did make scoring opportunities, we wasted them.

Most of our decent performers were defenders. Balogh in goal had a good game. Berra was sound. Eggert Jonsson seems to be able to do a job in just about any position. And Robbie Neilson showed his 'mare last week at Pittodrie was a "blitch" based on his consistently good form since his return from injury. Karipidis also put in a good shift. But too many times we were let down by bad passes from the likes of Kingston, Stewart, Palazuelos and by poor decision making by our attackers (well, Christian Nade). And how many "man on's" did we scream for when our midfield dwelled on the ball too long at the wrong time. Glen had a great shot, I hope he is given a chance soon.

I thought Hibs were poor, worse than us. Fletcher looks a player, but our defence really only gave him one sniff (not sure if the cross that cannoned off a Hobo leg and went narrowly wide was him too, if it was, two). And prepare to hold your sides in, but I thought Hibs best performer was Sol Bamba.

I'd like to think Csaba can get things sorted out in an attacking sense before next Sunday. The game is there for the taking, assuming we get a fair ref.

And prepare to hold your sides in, but I thought Hibs best performer was Sol Bamba.

No sides splitting here mate.

I thought he did pretty well too.

:o

For what it's worth, I thought we were poor today. Too many passes going astray. Very few "clear heads", in a "step on the ball cool things down" kind of way. And when we did make scoring opportunities, we wasted them.

Most of our decent performers were defenders. Balogh in goal had a good game. Berra was sound. Eggert Jonsson seems to be able to do a job in just about any position. And Robbie Neilson showed his 'mare last week at Pittodrie was a "blitch" based on his consistently good form since his return from injury. Karipidis also put in a good shift. But too many times we were let down by bad passes from the likes of Kingston, Stewart, Palazuelos and by poor decision making by our attackers (well, Christian Nade). And how many "man on's" did we scream for when our midfield dwelled on the ball too long at the wrong time. Glen had a great shot, I hope he is given a chance soon.

I thought Hibs were poor, worse than us. Fletcher looks a player, but our defence really only gave him one sniff (not sure if the cross that cannoned off a Hobo leg and went narrowly wide was him too, if it was, two). And prepare to hold your sides in, but I thought Hibs best performer was Sol Bamba.

I'd like to think Csaba can get things sorted out in an attacking sense before next Sunday. The game is there for the taking, assuming we get a fair ref.

Correct. A few of the guys near me were saying the same.

That is absolute p i s h. One of his best ever games in a Hearts jersey, did very well against O'briens pace

Gimme an H...

Taking the pesh eh?

If it wasn't for Kara, Berra and Eggy he would have easily been man of the match. Solid as a rock.

Apart from that pass out the park...:mw_rolleyes:

If I were a Hibs fan i'd be dissapointed with Mixu. Hibs were set-up very poorly. A front two who couldn't (can't?) link up together.

"J.J" at right wing was anonymous. He was a great goalscorer (no idea if he still is) but at his age, I imagine pace is no longer his strong point so completely useless at right wing.

Don't you know playing strikers on the wing is the way to go? Hibs have been doing it for years and they taught Brazil how to play football.

I thought Karapidis was one of our best players today. Neilson did very well too.

Was very disappointed in Kingston and don't think Stewart had a very good game. Thought Glen did well when he came on and hopefully he will play alongside Nade next week.

I thought we deserved the victory and if we had a striker, we would have won it.

I don't think we have much to fear going to Easter Road though, we just need to put the ball in the back of the net when we get the chance!

I thought stewart got better as the game went on, his first touch was absolutly rank though! Hibs piled 10 men into the penalty box every time we went on the attack

on the hibs side

Riordan and Obrien hahaha god awful, Fletcher was poor

however the big bamba guy seemed decent and Ian Murray got way too much space

Neilson was terrific today - what a bizarre comment especially as he has been solid and totally reliable since his return from injury.

Was impressed with the intelligent runs Glen made - and his shot really deserved a goal - he hit it low with a lot of control. He looks like a proper striker and could be a good foil for Nade - who made a right pest of himself, tying Thicot up in knots at times.

Archived