John Hartson

Do The Dance

Do The Dance

Watched the build up on Setanta before heading to the game, and then caught the after match chat when I got home.

Have noticed before a few games that Hartson seems to talk us up quite a bit, and he's also the 1st 'media' person I've heard say that the Zaliukas decision was 100% wrong.

Also said we were probably only a decent striker away from seriously challenging the old firm.

What's going on?? :tongue:

He's right. John Hartson even in his current shape would have had 2 or 3 goals today. The fact is nobody in the Hearts team can finish for toffee, maybe Glen, but then he's not proven. The makings of a decent side is there, but you never really felt like Hearts were going score today. The quality isn't there, 1 goal in 20 odd games for our "top striker" says it all.

Rupert Pupkin

As much as i hated the guy as a player i think he is a good honest pundit ,tells it like it is an usually defends our corner (which i find strange)

Hartson speaks honestly and what he says is his opinion whether its good or bad so i respect him for that. Booth is a slimeball.

Jam Tarts 1874
As much as i hated the guy as a player i think he is a good honest pundit ,tells it like it is an usually defends our corner (which i find strange)

Yes, it seems he was able to escape from the weej unaffected.

rudi must stay

don't see why he wouldn't. He's got no reason to dislike us imo

Carl Fredrickson

Detested him as a player (but would love to have him in our team) but as a pundit he talks sense and has not (so far) appeared to be biased in his opinions.

Unlike Booth, Lovell, Burley etc

Had a good chat with him at the airport a few months ago... He's a very nice guy to talk to. I also used to hate him as a player but after our chat my oppinion of him changed

Like others I was not keen on him as a player - probably because he scored quite a few against us - but he does come across as a sound guy off the pitch.

Like others I was not keen on him as a player - probably because he scored quite a few against us - but he does come across as a sound guy off the pitch.

Only at Parkhead though, Hartson never scored at Tynecastle during his career in Scotland.

He talks sense which is unusual for OF pundits.

Usually honest and fair, even when describing ra sellik.

Nope. He's still the same fat, ginger, leek munching, celtic minded, oRa sellik choob he always was.

That's the truth.

Only at Parkhead though, Hartson never scored at Tynecastle during his career in Scotland.

was Tynecastle not the only stadium in the SPL he hadn't scored at at one point?

Jam Tarts 1874
John Hartson elbowed Webster in the coupon.

John Hartson is a legend.

You are quite right, it was an outrageous assault. In these days if an Hearts player did the same, it would be another "first" for TV evidence as the Hearts player would be suspended for at least 10 games.

But I don't think that what he did to Webster was anything to do with Celtic v Hearts, I think that was part of his mentality which now looking back, probably stopped him winning much more than he did.

When he was asked for his match forecast he basically said 'with Hearts home record and Hibs having only won twice in 8 years ' he couldn't see Hearts losing.

At that point Lovell nearly fell out of the sky and Scott 'Hobo' Booth nearly choked on his Pimms Cup. Hartson was very honest today. As for the others...can someone please explain why Scott Booth is SO negative about Hearts ? Is there some history there ? Serious question.

was Tynecastle not the only stadium in the SPL he hadn't scored at at one point?

If it was Easter Road you could just see those Ramjets adding that to their list of "first's"

The guys seemingly been defending us on Setanta quite a lot in recent weeks . I hated the guy when he played for Cellic though.

JennytheJambo
When he was asked for his match forecast he basically said 'with Hearts home record and Hibs having only won twice in 8 years ' he couldn't see Hearts losing.

At that point Lovell nearly fell out of the sky and Scott 'Hobo' Booth nearly choked on his Pimms Cup. Hartson was very honest today. As for the others...can someone please explain why Scott Booth is SO negative about Hearts ? Is there some history there ? Serious question.

He is taking over from Craig Burley. Setanta will employ anyone that dislikes us!

shaun.lawson

He played for Aberdeen. Ergo, he hates Hearts. And as is the case with a number of pundits, he's not allowed to attack the real object of his ire - Rangers - so settles for taking swipes at us instead. It was the same with Charlie Nicholarse. I don't really mind Lovell though, to be honest.

In the few discussions I have seen on Setanta about Hearts (I'm usually at the game) Lovell seems reasonably upfront whilst Hartson seems to praise us when it is due.

Booth on the other hand is an Old Firm apologist who is only interested in keeping his job and not upsetting the big two.

We hated him as a player, which is basically a back handed compliment, he was a good player, he was hard but i don't think was ever intentionally dirty. He got away with a lot because of who he was playing for which always made things seem worse. But would have him in the Hearts team anyday, and probably still would. I reckon he would have scored a few today

Goodmorningmrfisherman

two faced barstewards the lot of you's.

Just because the bald ginger**** backs us up now and again you think he's alright.

Saddos anyone who wore the green and grey can go and get to feck as I don't want the crap from them.

The Old Tolbooth
In the few discussions I have seen on Setanta about Hearts (I'm usually at the game) Lovell seems reasonably upfront whilst Hartson seems to praise us when it is due.

Booth on the other hand is an Old Firm apologist who is only interested in keeping his job and not upsetting the big two.

I reckon the reason Hartson is so honest and open about the corrupt Scottish game is because he's Welsh!

He wasn't brought up with the west coast bias mentality, and doesn't have it brainwashed into him from an early age, like most Scottish people do, therefore tells it like it is.

southside1874
Watched the build up on Setanta before heading to the game, and then caught the after match chat when I got home.

Have noticed before a few games that Hartson seems to talk us up quite a bit, and he's also the 1st 'media' person I've heard say that the Zaliukas decision was 100% wrong.

Also said we were probably only a decent striker away from seriously challenging the old firm.

What's going on?? :tongue:

So he speaks the truth, why are Jambos not believing whats in front of them.

southside1874
I reckon the reason Hartson is so honest and open about the corrupt Scottish game is because he's Welsh!

He wasn't brought up with the west coast bias mentality, and doesn't have it brainwashed into him from an early age, like most Scottish people do, therefore tells it like it is.

spot on, don't let the blaggards bring you down mate:mw_rolleyes:

From what I have seen, ex-pro's are far from being the top ******s in the Scottish media. The worst are old journalists who think because they have followed football or years, that they are part of the game and that they 'work in football'. They don't 'work in football', they cover football. Somewhere down the line that gets very blurred for a lot of them and they turn into arrogant ***** who think their opinion is far more respected than it actually is.

southside1874
From what I have seen, ex-pro's are far from being the top ******s in the Scottish media. The worst are old journalists who think because they have followed football or years, that they are part of the game and that they 'work in football'. They don't 'work in football', they cover football. Somewhere down the line that gets very blurred for a lot of them and they turn into arrogant ***** who think their opinion is far more respected than it actually is.

FFS lighten up mate. I have my own opinions and what the fllluck. Folk are allowed to have their say no matter what.

Harry Palmer
John Hartson elbowed Webster in the coupon.

John Hartson is a legend.

Forgot about that incident which he wasn't punished for!:)

He is infinitely better than Dodds, Burley, Murder, Paterson, Hateley, Lovell... are there any former Heart of Midlothian players that are a 'well respected pundit'(BBC drivel on Billy's predictions)? Apart from Preston- who's an xyzed. Levein? Hardly pro Heart of Midlothian given that he is manager of another club.. Oh wait, Frail..... Calling Elvis?

Why are Chuck Dung, Traynor and Hugo Spiers at the 'forefront' of football journalism in Scotland? Along with Keith 'Faceless Extra' Jackass? Bet he's cheesing that we still quote that cockhead... Along with numerous others, that fortunately, we in the capital are not exposed to unless we buy their papers.

Newspapers are dying, go with the internet and read what you want but look further...

southside1874
Forgot about that incident which he wasn't punished for!:)

He is infinitely better than Dodds, Burley, Murder, Paterson, Hateley, Lovell... are there any former Heart of Midlothian players that are a 'well respected pundit'(BBC drivel on Billy's predictions)? Apart from Preston- who's an xyzed. Levein? Hardly pro Heart of Midlothian given that he is manager of another club.. Oh wait, Frail..... Calling Elvis?

Why are Chuck Dung, Traynor and Hugo Spiers at the 'forefront' of football journalism in Scotland? Along with Keith 'Faceless Extra' Jackass? Bet he's cheesing that we still quote that cockhead... Along with numerous others, that fortunately, we in the capital are not exposed to unless we buy their papers.

Newspapers are dying, go with the internet and read what you want but look further...

You can always become a journo yourself mate

Miller Jambo 60
Hated him as player but he isn't that bad on Satanta.

Put it this way compare Hartson to that wee joke Walker (ANDY)

Sums it up Hartson is a man AW is a wee boy.

Still dislike him though, purely cause he played for the filth.

Archived