Match ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Balogh - 8 - Key saves at important moments

Neilson - 9 - Absolutely outstanding. On any other day would be MoM

Thomson - 3 - Unlucky

Berra - 10 - Immense. I thought he was fantastic and his booking was a joke (that was the ref's only real mistake, IMHO. I thought he did well too)

Karipidis - 6 - Shaky and showed why centre back isn't his position

Palazuelos - 7 - Hard work but misplaced passes on occasion

Jonsson - 8 - For that tackle alone. Should keep LB ahead of Wallace

Stewart - 4 - Awful

Nade - 6 - Great work outside the box but his finishing was woeful

Kingston - 4 - Just go!

Driver - 6 - Not his day. Positive in taking them on but final ball was poor

Subs:

Glen - 6 - Worked hard, great shot but needs to work on his positioning

Cesnauskis - 4 - Offered more than Kingston

rudi must stay

Thomson - 3 - Unlucky

Berra - 10 - Immense. I thought he was fantastic and his booking was a joke (that was the ref's only real mistake, IMHO. I thought he did well too)

Stewart - 4 - Awful

Kingston - 4 - Just go!

Subs:

think that's a bit of a low score he gave Van Zanten a torried time.

Professor.Arturo

Thomson - 3 - Unlucky

Stewart - 4 - Awful

Kingston - 4 - Just go!

Subs:

Ditto

Walter Bishop

Neilson - 9 - Absolutely outstanding

Thomson - 3 -

Berra - 10 - Immense. Probably just sold himself and doubled his value.

Karipidis - 7 - Better at centre half than midfield.

Palazuelos - 7 - Hard worker but too many misplaced passes

Jonsson - 8 - Outstandiing prospect.

Stewart - 7 - Immense when moved to proper position.

Nade - 7 - Great work outside the box but his finishing was woeful

Kingston - 2 - Injured, though lazy bassa!!

Driver - 6 - Tries too much imo, possibly starting to believe he is worth a few million.

Glen - 6 - Played himself into team for derby.

Cesnauskis - 4 - dangerous,no end product.

I would agree with most of that, although I would take a point off Palazulous and add it to Stewart.

Very impressed with Thompson and Eggart Johnson. Berra was outstanding and Chezy and Glen did well off the bench. The Balogh was also very good !

Larry just couldn't be bothered, what a waste because he has so much ability.

Thomson - 3 - Unlucky

Stewart - 4 - Awful

Kingston - 4 - Just go!

Subs:

I wonder if the great barrier firewall is up already and we got the Stewart is pish version of the game where Jamiej29 obviously got the good Stewart version.

Although I do think we lost some attacking threat when Kingston went off. But the reason robbie had to put in a near perfect performance was because he was left exposed Kingstons trotting back after the ball had been lost. There were a few times where you saw Murray murder Larry for pace, just because Larry was jogging rather than running

I would agree with most of that, especially Larry. Disinterested, looking like a pre-move Skacel.

Have to say that i felt we played fairly well, and we would be lethal with a striker.

Ref was half decent, although decent shout for a PK from Bamba climbing over Nade. Also poor booking for Berra. Silly from the ref.

Robbie was terrific today. Best performance from him in a long time.

Stewart was our worst player by far, distribution was awful.

Berra showed his worth, MOTM for me.

Feel sorry for Nade, done everything but score. If Glen were to start scoring like he did in his last spell in the team we would have a good partnership upfront.

Footballfirst

I though that Berra looked nervous for the first 10 mins but got better and better as the game progressed. Neilson was great defensively but the weight of his passing was out. I though Jonsson played his best game in a Hearts jersey, defensively sound and got forward to good effect.

Balogh - 7 - Solid

Neilson - 7 - Good performance. Few misplaced passes.

Berra - 8 - Won everything.

Eggert - 8 - Goal-saving challenge.

Thomson - 2 - Lost everything in the air.

Kingston - 4 - Not bothered.

Palazuelos - 2 - **** himself out of 5 challenges, nearly cost us a goal.

Stewart - 5 - Good start, faded badly.

Kari - 6 - Coped well.

Driver - 6 - Threatened to be threatening.

Nade - 6 - Should've scored twice.

Subs:

Glen - 7 - Impressed.

Chesney - 5 - Typical Chesney.

EDIT: On reflection, changed Eggert from a 7 to an 8.

heartsfc_fan
Balogh - 7 - Solid

Eggert - 7 - Goal-saving challenge.

Kari - 6 - Coped well.

Subs:

Glen - 7 - Impressed.

He deserved more than 5!

TyphoonJambo

Hats off to Thomson and Johnsonn both filled in and done well. Sorry to see young Thomson go off but what an effort he put in for the tackle, loads of our players now look proud to wear the shirt. Thought Glen looked very promising and gave us more options, whereas Nade (though he does do a load of other things well) couldn't score in the Ferry Boat with a pocket full of smack!!! Larry!! Punt the lazy wage thief asap. Chesny does better and Stewart (who looked miles better when swapped to his better position) could easily be bettered by Black.Very very promising I thought, now get Velicka back and he will, alongwith Glen bang them in.

By the way, was everyone elses Setanta coverage total arbage?

Balogh - 7 - Solid

Eggert - 7 - Goal-saving challenge.

Kari - 6 - Coped well.

Subs:

Glen - 7 - Impressed.

I think that 2 for Thomson is a bit harsh. He was OK in the time he was on and provided good backup to Driver down the

left. Was a crunching tackle and was unlucky to come off the worse for it. He was by no mannerour worst (or even joint worst) player today

hearts_crazy

Balogh - 8 - Did what he had to do well

Neilson - 9 - Brilliant, anybody who still thinks he's gash needs to have a word

Thomson - 5- LB not his position, but then again I thought he played LB better than RB

Berra - 10 - Utterly outstanding performance, and he played a Captain's role throughout, growing in stature with every game and he is the new Elvis (IMO). Ridiculous that Sultana gave MOM to whatsisname BTW (or any Hibs player for that matter)

Karipidis - 6 - Fairly annonymous I thought, he did what he had to do without doing anything special

Palazuelos - 8 - I thought he had a really good game, another that is growing in stature with every game he plays

Jonsson - 9 - He is the new Tam Flogel, real all rounder, I think he's a great wee player, not sure what his best position is, but LB has got to be up there

Stewart - 4 - Just crap, i've seen a few comments on how wonderful he was on this thread and the match thread, all I can say is that if you guys have Sky Plus or TV drive or whatever, rewind the game and watch it again, seriously he didn't put a foot right the whole game, has the first touch of a Chieftan Tank and if you are going to let him take set pieces you might as well just pick the ball up and hand it to the opposition - diabolical

Nade - 6 - Good strong play throughout, unlucky a couple of times but he really needs to work on basic predatory shooting

Kingston - 4 - Did feck all and should have been hooked earlier

Driver - 6 - I thought he was well marked by them TBH, not his best game though

Subs:

Glen - 6 - Definately added something to the mix, unlucky with shot

Cesnauskis - 4 - Offered more than Kingston, but then so did I. He didn't see a lot of the ball in his defence, but can't help thinking that Miko would have buried the shot he had.

Ref - 8 - I thought, stupid booking for Berra apart he had a great game. Ian Brines would do well to watch this performance over and over again

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Did Chesney really do more than Kingston? I don't think so.

Neilson, The Balogh and Berra were all quality. Driver played well but again he is lacking in the final 3rd.

Nade just isn't a goalscorer. He played quite well but desperately needs a finisher alongside him. He spends too much time out on the wings to play up top on his own.

I think that 2 for Thomson is a bit harsh. He was OK in the time he was on and provided good backup to Driver down the

left. Was a crunching tackle and was unlucky to come off the worse for it. He was by no mannerour worst (or even joint worst) player today

The players start on zero for me, mate. Certainly did some things OK but looked quite awkward in places and, as said, lost every challenge in the air. Rushed it when he got the ball a few times, too.

Balogh - 8 - Key saves at important moments I feel confident when I see him on the team sheet. I honestly think 150k is a great price and we should buy him.

Neilson - 9 - Immense. Invaluable. Under-rated. a few missplaced passes.

Thomson - 6 - Was actually impressed with what I saw. Has been so-so in the past. need to see more of him

Berra - 10 - Immense. Has really grown in to his role as captain. should stay till at least the summer to continue his development. Value will grow and grow.

Karipidis - 6 - A bit of a non entity. not full of mistakes like many on the park, but offered little

Palazuelos - 5 - occasionally excellent passes, offset by poor positioning and far too many mistakes and missplaced passes for this level.

Jonsson - 9 - very impressive, incredibly versitile. If isnt already, should be on a long term contract. all round game is great.

Stewart - 2 - waste of a shirt. my mum is better. for all his hard work he gives away the ball too often, looses possestion and generally annoys me. He is playing out of position, is not in form and generally looks like hes a 1st division player.

Nade - 6 - sometimes i feel sorry for him, sometimes i dont. he is unlucky with fouls for and against, you can see there is a footballer in there somewhere. Needs to find it though or like mr stewart, shouldnt even make the bench. one striker needs to make better use of what comes his way.

Kingston - 4 - quality is there in abundance, just see the 1st half shot. looks like for what ever reason hes opperating at 30% effort. I honestly thought he was injured from the start.

Driver - 6 - final ball let him down too often, great first touch. as previously said, was not his day. but hes a winger, they have on-off days. i know, i am one.

Subs:

Glen - 7 - breath of fresh air, too young and been out too long with that knee problem thing to be starting every week, regular sub apperances when shape needs changed would be nice.

Cesnauskis - 6 - "Offered more than Kingston" but then my mum would have as well. Some quality, looked like a player returning from a lengthy absence.

referee. after what ive seen this season, asside from fouls on and against nade, a very good game considering the state of refereeing in this country.

rudi must stay
Balogh - 8 - Did what he had to do well

Neilson - 9 - Brilliant, anybody who still thinks he's gash needs to have a word

Thomson - 5- LB not his position, but then again I thought he played LB better than RB

Berra - 10 - Utterly outstanding performance, and he played a Captain's role throughout, growing in stature with every game and he is the new Elvis (IMO). Ridiculous that Sultana gave MOM to whatsisname BTW (or any Hibs player for that matter)

Karipidis - 6 - Fairly annonymous I thought, he did what he had to do without doing anything special

Palazuelos - 8 - I thought he had a really good game, another that is growing in stature with every game he plays

Jonsson - 9 - He is the new Tam Flogel, real all rounder, I think he's a great wee player, not sure what his best position is, but LB has got to be up there

Stewart - 4 - Just crap, i've seen a few comments on how wonderful he was on this thread and the match thread, all I can say is that if you guys have Sky Plus or TV drive or whatever, rewind the game and watch it again, seriously he didn't put a foot right the whole game, has the first touch of a Chieftan Tank and if you are going to let him take set pieces you might as well just pick the ball up and hand it to the opposition - diabolical

Nade - 6 - Good strong play throughout, unlucky a couple of times but he really needs to work on basic predatory shooting

Kingston - 4 - Did feck all and should have been hooked earlier

Driver - 6 - I thought he was well marked by them TBH, not his best game though

Subs:

Glen - 6 - Definately added something to the mix, unlucky with shot

Cesnauskis - 4 - Offered more than Kingston, but then so did I. He didn't see a lot of the ball in his defence, but can't help thinking that Miko would have buried the shot he had.

Ref - 8 - I thought, stupid booking for Berra apart he had a great game. Ian Brines would do well to watch this performance over and over again

did he not have a shot that their keeper made a great save to?

Can't believe some of the comments about Palazuelos. From where I was watching, he was by far our best midfielder today - got stuck in all over the pitch and dictated a lot of the play. Although Stewart had some great runs into the box in the second half, the contrast in efficacy between the two could hardly be greater.

Balogh, Jonsonn, Berra, Neilson, Karapidis were all outstanding for me today.

hearts_crazy
Can't believe some of the comments about Palazuelos. From where I was watching, he was by far our best midfielder today - got stuck in all over the pitch and dictated a lot of the play. Although Stewart had some great runs into the box in the second half, the contrast in efficacy between the two could hardly be greater.

People getting him mixed up with Stewart by the looks of it

Occassionaly his passes, vision and positioning is exceptional. if he could do it consistantly, it would be great. for every 1 amazing pass, there are 2 or 3 that are very poor. plus his tracking back is not always as good as i think it could be. considering we started with what i think are 2 defensive midfielders, i dont think they protected the back 4 as much as i would have wanted them to. thats because, i think, karapidis had a very quite, but not bad, game, and too often palazuelos was jumping out of challanges, not tracking back and hanging on to the ball for too long. thus the hibs looked dangerous on the counter attack.

hearts_crazy
did he not have a shot that their keeper made a great save to?

Well whoop de doo, don't you think a player of his undoubted ability should be trying just a wee bit harder than he does. Not surprised in the slightest that Chesny came on in his place, I would have done it earlier, although what I would maybe have done is hook stewart, bring on Chesny and put Kingston in the middle for 15 minutes or so to see if he suddenly sparked into life.

Harry Palmer

The Balogh: 8- Untroubled 1st half but some good saves 2nd; comfortable

Tackle: 9- Composed, used his experience well

Captain: 9-Outstanding. FACT.

Iceman: 8- Superb, no matter where he's played.

Thomson: 4- Felt he struggled a bit

Kingston: 4- Sell, Sell, Sell

Driver: 6- Didn't really get into the game. Probs nullified by the rats?

Karapidis: 7- Unconcerned with his move to CB, versatility? why so hated?

Stewart: 4/5- Gash, trying too many killer passes.... keep it simple

Palazeulos: 6- Slightly better than above....

Nade: 6- Hard shift, but I thought he'd be up for it today, sadly......

Cesnauskis: 6- What a new RM we've found. Actually works..

Glen: 6/7- Changed the impetus in the 1st half, looked as if he wanted to play for Heart of Midlothian.

The Ref: 7- Felt he controlled much of the match and there was no real incidents of controversy. (Despite my screaming for them!)

:laugh:

Every single week he refuses to put a foot in and shift his weight about. The hands come up to the chin and his legs go together. ****es it every time. When he wins it, it's more often than not because of a deflection off his shin.

Stewart, Aguiar and Kari should be the 3 CMs if we're playing 4-5-1, IMO.

Every single week he refuses to put a foot in and shift his weight about. The hands come up to the chin and his legs go together. ****es it every time. When he wins it, it's more often than not because of a deflection off his shin.

Sorry, don't see it that way. Put himself about well today. And Stewart? He's the only Hearts player ever likely to challenge Ksanavicius in the "possession lost" stakes.

hearts_crazy

So Palazuelkos is gash and Stewart is great. :mw_rolleyes:You do know that Stewart is the ginger one that tries ludicrous Zidane style passes and gives the ball away every single time or tries to set off on a mazy Maradonna style run and gives the ball away every single time, or tries some David Beckham style set piece and gives the ball away every single time don't you? I thought his hospital ball to Palazuelos as he was falling on his erse in the first half was a nice touch too.

Palazuelos is the tall one with the white boots who actually had a good game today BTW.

Thomson - 3 - Unlucky

Stewart - 4 - Awful

Kingston - 4 - Just go!

Subs:

I Dunno Who You Where Watching But Gary Glen Was Taking Up Some Positions And The Ball Was Just Not Given His Way.

So Palazuelkos is gash and Stewart is great. :mw_rolleyes:You do know that Stewart is the ginger one that tries ludicrous Zidane style passes and gives the ball away every single time or tries to set off on a mazy Maradonna style run and gives the ball away every single time, or tries some David Beckham style set piece and gives the ball away every single time don't you? I thought his hospital ball to Palazuelos as he was falling on his erse in the first half was a nice touch too.

Palazuelos is the tall one with the white boots who actually had a good game today BTW.

Drop the attitude then I'll discuss it with you.

Seem to recall Palazuelos losing the ball just as often as Stewart and, as I've said, ****e it out of about 5 challenges, by the way.

Ryan Gosling

The Balogh - 8 - great saves

Neilson - 8 - had O'Brien in his back pocket, considering how fast he was, he was superb

Jonsson - 8 - fantastic game, the new 'Tackle'

Berra - 9 - colossal

Thomson - 5 - I thought he was doing as well as he could, worked really hard

Kingston - 5 - pish

Stewart - 5 - pish

Palazuelos - 6 - needs to battle harder

Karipidis - 7 - solid

Driver - 6 - disappointing

Nade - 6 - infuriating, but very unlucky

Glen - 7 - he will be a star one day

Cesnauskis - 6 - offered more

The Balogh - 7 Coped with everything

Thomson - 9 for getting rid of the ginger. 5 for steady performance.

Neilson - 8 Solid game, supported attacks well and solid in defence.

Berra - 9 Immense. He is becoming a great captain as well as a great player.

Jonsson - 8 Great at centre half, great at left back. Loses a mark for not scoring and thus not winning me ?205.

Karipidis - 8 Seemed like an easy day at the office.

Palazaelos - 6 Could have been better but a had decent game.

Stewart - 3,7. Before Glen came on he was murder, once Glen came on he was good.

Kingston - 1. He broke sweat once he noticed he was about to be subbed.

Driver - 6 Decent runs but awful final ball.

Nade - 7 Solid game but must finish better. Worked his ass off. (note to hibs fans, Nade doesn't look like Eddie Murphy - that only worked with JFH because JFH actually looks like Eddie Murphy)

Glen - 7 Good game, he made Hearts look much better.

Cesnauskis - 6 Much better than Kingston.

Seem to recall Palazuelos losing the ball just as often as Stewart and, as I've said, ****e it out of about 5 challenges, by the way.

Palazuelos is 10x the player michael stewart is.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Palazuelos is 10x the player michael stewart is.

Nonsense.

Neave has a point. Ruben bottled a good few tackles today.

I thought Stewart played pretty well. Was about the only midfielder trying to get ahead of Nade and get into positions to score.

Did Chesney really do more than Kingston? I don't think so.

Neilson, The Balogh and Berra were all quality. Driver played well but again he is lacking in the final 3rd.

Nade just isn't a goalscorer. He played quite well but desperately needs a finisher alongside him. He spends too much time out on the wings to play up top on his own.

I'd say so, as he actually tracked back. Had a decent shot even though it was off target.

Nonsense.

Neave has a point. Ruben bottled a good few tackles today.

I thought Stewart played pretty well. Was about the only midfielder trying to get ahead of Nade and get into positions to score.

THoguht Ruben and Stewart were much the same today, both had decent spells and had some nice touches and passes, but then other times they both looked hopeless.

Stewart is a donkey.

Thomson - 3 - Unlucky

Stewart - 4 - Awful

Kingston - 4 - Just go!

Subs:

I agree with that, but I would be taking a point off palazuelos, some of his passing was mince.. I thought stewart(+6) had a good game, held well in midfeild. Nade's shooting and positioning was awful, he cant seem understand that he aint got the pace to play down the wings or come back to defend and expect to get back upfront when on the attack.. Apart from that he did pretty well today, but his finnishing was murder.. I honestley cant see nade scoring more than 2-3 goals this season.. Time for him to go with kingston...

Wee gary glen should be starting week in week out after his preformence today, he changed the game when he came on, gave us a more attcking presence. You can see Glen is much better than nade and should be on from the start next week..:rolleyes:

Balogh - 7 - Steady, not a lot to do.

Neilson - 7 - Defended well, still can't pass water.

Berra - 9 - Different class, quickly becoming too good for us.

Karipidis - 7 - Solid and neat and tidy.

Jonsson - 7 - Did well out of position and a superb tackle.

Kingston - 3 - Absent and not interested. Don't come back.

Stewart - 4 - All passion and no brain. Terrible passing.

Ruben - 5 - A ponce in a tackle but keeps the ball.

Driver - 7 - Had Van Zanted all game long, tired near the end though.

Nade - 6 - Worked his socks off, got in the positions, should have scored at least once.

Glen - 7 - Very bright player, a little more awarness needed but that will come from time on the pitch.

Ces - 5 - Got down the wing a few times and should start on Wednesday.

Referee - 2 - Murray should have walked, Fletched got away with murder, Berra should never have been booked, major penalty claim when Bamba was all over Nade in the box.

peebles jambo

[seem to recall Palazuelos losing the ball just as often as Stewart and, as I've said, ****e it out of about 5 challenges, by the way.

agree with you, i thought pally was extremely poor today, wasted more balls than syph

I thought that Nade played quite well and held the ball up, if he had another striker along side him to off-load the ball to would've been more effective. Our back four was good, jonsson and berra in particular. Really shouldve won, roll on the 11th!

Balogh - 8 - Solid and dependable

Neilson - 7 - Good performance. he really is like a new player.

Berra - 8 - Worthy of the armband.

Eggert - 8 - A real gem of a player, fantastic today.

Thomson - 2 - Not an SPL player.

Kingston - 1 - Lazy & uninterested..

Palazuelos - 2 - A bad day at the office Ruben

Stewart - 2 - Still to win a game with Stewart in the side following our run of form.

Kari - 7 - solid, and ever present.

Driver - 6 - Not the finished article but another good game from andy.

Nade - 4 - Should've scored twice, not a striker, can be a good player but not a striker (strikers score goals).

Subs:

Glen - 7 - Very Impressive.

Chesney - 7 - Chesney, light years ahead of kingston in terms of work rate , desire etc.

jambos are go!

Mickey and Ruben were disappointing today IMO. Nade needs to take more of his chances. Other than that we were fine and overall confirmed my view that there are currently a lot of good players at the club. We have to take pride in bringing players like Neilson, Berra, Thomson , Driver , Glen and Jonsson though the ranks. Been a bit luke warm so far but Jonsson looked to me as if he could go right to the top today.

I think everyone has got the message by now that you are not a Stewart fan:mw_rolleyes:

People getting him mixed up with Stewart by the looks of it

Balogh - 7- One of his most solid games as a hearts player, should sign him if we have the cash.

Neilson -8- Brilliant today, mopped up well and even got forward.

Berra -8- Solid again - value must be rising every week with these kind of performances.

Eggert -8- Some great runs forward and also defensively sound, an asset to the squad.

Thomson -5- To be fair didnt think he was doing too badly before we had to go off - decent back up.

Kingston - 2 - GTF.

Palazuelos - 5- Gave the ball away too often and wasnt at the races today.

Stewart - 5 - Tried to make things happen, not his best performance by a long shot ( Please come back bruno)

Kari - 7- Composed and solid, hope he stays.

Driver - 6- Was unlucky to not see as much of the ball in the 2nd half as he can make it happen for us and Van Zanten is pesh.

Nade - 5- 2 out 2 derbies he should have been the matchwinner.

Subs:

Glen -6- Want to see him in the team more often. Lively.

Chesney -6- Surely a much better option than larry! Looked like he'd make things happen if given more time.

BALOGH - 7 Didn't have much to do but looked very convincing.

NEILSON - 8 Had O'Brien in his back pocket and his effort and overlapping made up for the occasional wayward pass.

BERRA - 9 Absolutely brilliant. Please stay. Comands everything and Fletcher and Riordan hardly got a sniff.

JONSSON - 9 Another gem. A real talent and his versatility showed - great in the middle and great at left back. A really good footballer - he'll go for a couple of million at least.

THOMSON - 6 Started the game fine but was unlucky to get injured - overlapped well.

KARIPIDIS - 8 Sails through games at the moment. Good touch and equally adept at handling Hibs strikers physically.

PALAZUELOS - 7 Misplaced passes but did a huge shift and breaks up attacks well.

KINGSTON - 5 See you later son. ?2 million and cheerio. Not enough effort.

STEWART - 6 Started the game terribly but had a decent second half.

DRIVER - 6 Van Zanten marshalled him pretty well to be fair but he did always look busy.

NADE - 7 Holds up the ball brilliantly - missed chances though and needs a partner - Glen or a new signing please.

CESNAUSKIS - 5 Offered a fair amount.

GLEN - 7 Looked busy and sharp and got himself into good positions.

All those giving Berra a 10, did you miss the first 10mins? (generally a 10 out of 10 means a faultless display)

He had a good game, but he had a horrendous first few minutes.

Karipidis was MOTM for me, followed by Neilson, Jonsson and Glen.

Ryan Gosling
All those giving Berra a 10, did you miss the first 10mins? (generally a 10 out of 10 means a faultless display)

He had a good game, but he had a horrendous first few minutes.

Karipidis was MOTM for me.

Anti-Berra brigade arrives.

Archived