Are the SFA bringing the game into disrepute?

avhudtheteeshirt

avhudtheteeshirt

As the banner says has the SFA ducked their heads behind the parapit to keep away from anything being thrown at them. They were in a position to try and make amends for a cruel and rash decision by referee Brines. The SFA could have delt with this behind closed doors as it seems to be done when the man in the stand sees an incident and after reading the referees report if not included they can take action! So why then is a blatant misjustice not been delt with? By doing this I feel that the SFA are bringing the game of Football into disrepute by allowing a player who has down nothing wrong to take the full weight of suspension when the obvious aggressor is being lawded by his manager in the press as the best in Scotland.

Good point and well put.

It is surely time that either Hearts themselves take the SFA to court over this or that paying fans take out a class action to reclaim the costs incurred in following a team who, it turn out, have been playing in an unfair competition all year.

you could argue that the GFA have been bringing the game into disrepute for decades.

alternatively you could argue that it's not possible for the GFA to bring the game into disrepute because the game doesn't have any 'repute' left.

what is clear is that the GFA are becoming bolder and brasher when it comes to their failure to preside over a competition which is anywhere near fair and equal to all participants. not only are they content to administrate a bent sport, now they seem to be content not to make any secret of it.

avhudtheteeshirt

I have just sent the thread above to the Daily Record to see if any response. Why should we let it just die, hope many more emails are winging there way to them!!

As the banner says has the SFA ducked their heads behind the parapit to keep away from anything being thrown at them. They were in a position to try and make amends for a cruel and rash decision by referee Brines. The SFA could have delt with this behind closed doors as it seems to be done when the man in the stand sees an incident and after reading the referees report if not included they can take action! So why then is a blatant misjustice not been delt with? By doing this I feel that the SFA are bringing the game of Football into disrepute by allowing a player who has down nothing wrong to take the full weight of suspension when the obvious aggressor is being lawded by his manager in the press as the best in Scotland.

there is a due process in place, one that hearts by being members agree to abide by, if the SFA circumvented this process as suited themselves that would be disrepute.

Brines didnt overturn his decision for whatever reason, I think its harsh and poor play on Brines behalf but the SFA didnt do anything wrong.

Its something for hearts and the other clubs to review and ask for improvements if they feel the current procedures are lacking.

avhudtheteeshirt

Good answer but did the aforesaid SFA not change the rules to suit themselves on the matter of punishing Mr Romanov? So by that you only change rules to punish not to exonerate! Not the way to run a National business in my eyes.

avhudtheteeshirt

Having looked further into disipline rules i found this on the SFA website. this time the referee admits the decision is wrong but the assistant referee never flagged so red card stands. This is growing out of all proportion for clubs outside the old firm.

Taken from the SFA website:

ABERDEEN CLAIM DISMISSED

Thursday, 09 Oct 2008

Aberdeen FC’s Claim of Wrongful Dismissal in respect of the sending off of its player Charles Mulgrew in the match against Hibernian FC on 4th October has been dismissed, following a review by referee Michael McCurry.

The player had been sent off for denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or obvious goal scoring opportunity as defined by Law 12.

Having viewed the video evidence, the referee acknowledged that it clearly shows player Steven Fletcher (Hibernian FC) was in an offside position when he struck the ball. However, given the circumstances (i.e. the offside decision having not been given), the referee had to conclude that the player was correctly sent off.

Charles Mulgrew will therefore be suspended for Aberdeen’s match against Falkirk FC on 18th October.

Archived