Derby blow for Hibs as Jones ruled out

slfjambo

:xmasgrin::xmasgrin::xmasgrin:

Published Date: 02 January 2009

By DAVID HARDIE

HIBS' derby day hopes were dealt a massive blow when boss Mixu Paatelainen today ruled skipper Rob Jones out of tomorrow's trip to Tynecastle.

And Paatelainen was unable to say if the towering defender will be fit to face Hearts when they travel in the opposite direction eight days later for a Homecoming Scottish Cup showdown at Easter Road.

Jones has been battling all week to overcome a hamstring problem which forced him to limp out of the action just 28 minutes into last weekend's defeat by Kilmarnock.

But while insisting he'd give 6ft 7in Jones every chance to make the short journey to Gorgie for the lunchtime start, Paatelainen today admitted: "Rob probably won't make it."

Paatelainen, however, insisted his side can get over the loss of such an influential figure, claiming he has already decided on a replacement with his team for tomorrow already settled in his head.

He said: "Rob is a very important player for us and we'd rather have him in the side but we have plenty of options so there won't be a problem. Injuries are part and parcel of the game, that's why we have a squad of players so there's always someone else to come in.

"There's no reason why we cannot play a solid defensive game without him. As for next week, we'll have to see how it goes."

Paatelainen could continue with Steven Thicot, who replaced Jones against Killie, alongside Chris Hogg, move Sol Bamba back from his midfield berth or switch Ian Murray from left-back to

central defence. However, whoever is chosen to partner Hogg, Paatelainen knows his players will have to ensure there's no repeat of the gift-wrapped goals which were presented to Kilmarnock.

He said: "Last week was a disappointment for all of us but you never win all your games. It's behind us and our full concentration is on tomorrow. We have to play the full game as a team, as a unit instead of individual players, that's very important."

Dirk Diggler

He's a fecking liability anyway.

Who will play centre half for them now? I genuinely don't know their other centre halfs names.

Drylaw Hearts

I suspect Murray will move to CH and some little w@nker they think will be worth millions in years to come will play at LB.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

When we win does that mean that they had to play all their reserves AGAIN.

:xmasgrin:

Who will play centre half for them now? I genuinely don't know their other centre halfs names.

Either Bamba will move from midfield, or Murray will move from LB with lewis stevenson playing LB.

if there has ever been a time to go at these smelly p&sh stained tramps it is now

Please csaba 442 I think even Jamie Mole will score against that defence

Dirk Diggler
Either Bamba will move from midfield, or Murray will move from LB with lewis stevenson playing LB.

Cheers.

and who will partner either Murray or Bamba?

Cheers.

and who will partner either Murray or Bamba?

I would assume it is Hogg unless he is injured too?

portobellojambo1

Before we broke up for New Year from work I was speaking to a couple of Hibs fans, who stated he had to be in their side Saturday, for them to have any chance. My reaction was similar to yours, obviously they see him playing more than we do, but I just couldn't work out how or why they rated him so highly.

Dirk Diggler

I suppose he would have been a threat at set pieces, especially with Zaliukas missing.

I think Nade will get the better of either Hogg or Bamba.

Will the Hibs fans view this as good or bad news?

**Edit just seen PJ1s post above.

winston churchill

good news for any planes flying over tynecastle tomorrow.

as for the giraffe being out.........he's gash

i am looking forward to seeing their new cult hero tho la,la, bamba:xmasgrin:

Blow for hibs?

Blow for us more like. He's utter pish.

Maybe so but his replacements are up there with Mo Berthe.

It's amazin when we think we have problems, but in reality we do have some decent cover. They lose one key player and they are very very nervous.

Before we broke up for New Year from work I was speaking to a couple of Hibs fans, who stated he had to be in their side Saturday, for them to have any chance. My reaction was similar to yours, obviously they see him playing more than we do, but I just couldn't work out how or why they rated him so highly.

my hibbee mates are the same. All think he is a decent player but couldn't really explain why. Or the answer would be height and pressence etc but jones is a big fairy. I don't get it either, he is murder.

HillmanHearts

Jones is pretty good in the opposition box and we normally have Zal marking him at set pieces - so with Zal out I'm quite happy that Jones is also out.

Black boy. Came on against Barca and was announced as Fecal.

Racist:xmastongue:

And I take its Thicot you mean, he came on at centre half last week and was murder so hope so :)

:xmasgrin::xmasgrin::xmasgrin:

Published Date: 02 January 2009

By DAVID HARDIE

HIBS' derby day hopes were dealt a massive blow when boss Mixu Paatelainen today ruled skipper Rob Jones out of tomorrow's trip to Tynecastle.

And Paatelainen was unable to say if the towering defender will be fit to face Hearts when they travel in the opposite direction eight days later for a Homecoming Scottish Cup showdown at Easter Road.

Jones has been battling all week to overcome a hamstring problem which forced him to limp out of the action just 28 minutes into last weekend's defeat by Kilmarnock.

But while insisting he'd give 6ft 7in Jones every chance to make the short journey to Gorgie for the lunchtime start, Paatelainen today admitted: "Rob probably won't make it."

Paatelainen, however, insisted his side can get over the loss of such an influential figure, claiming he has already decided on a replacement with his team for tomorrow already settled in his head.

He said: "Rob is a very important player for us and we'd rather have him in the side but we have plenty of options so there won't be a problem. Injuries are part and parcel of the game, that's why we have a squad of players so there's always someone else to come in.

"There's no reason why we cannot play a solid defensive game without him. As for next week, we'll have to see how it goes."

Paatelainen could continue with Steven Thicot, who replaced Jones against Killie, alongside Chris Hogg, move Sol Bamba back from his midfield berth or switch Ian Murray from left-back to

central defence. However, whoever is chosen to partner Hogg, Paatelainen knows his players will have to ensure there's no repeat of the gift-wrapped goals which were presented to Kilmarnock.

He said: "Last week was a disappointment for all of us but you never win all your games. It's behind us and our full concentration is on tomorrow. We have to play the full game as a team, as a unit instead of individual players, that's very important."

I smell kidology here :xmasunsure:

I smell kidology here :xmasunsure:

Correct, wouldnt surprise me in the slightest to see jones play. However that said he's mince so whether he does or doesnt isnt of much concern

I hope he does play he is a terrible player! Hoof ball merchant of the highest order. A total fairy who crys and moans himself through games.

P.S any hibs fans that are reading this... your team are going to get ****ed once again tomorrow. Dont expect us to let you off like the last game where we should of turned you over. try and not head for the exits at half time will you?:xmasgrin:

Blow for hibs?

Blow for us more like. He's utter pish.

Hear Hear

Professor.Arturo

Big Nade to put in a crunching tackle in the first 5 minutes, and they're defence will be sh***ng themselves to come near for the rest of the game. I see us putting at least 3 past the tramps, the 1-0 wins finish today! FTH

ps. Just cracked open a can of Stella (breakfast of champions), and put on the 20 Jambo classics cd.

Good feeling for today :av-1001:

Archived