Berra tipped to replace Bougerra (according to Herald)

letsmakesomenoise

If that was the case I would expect the same amount of money coming our way as the huns would get for Bougherra, he hasn't impressed much whenever I have seen him, indeed, the game we beat them at Tynie he was rank-rotten!

Charlie-Brown

Rangers fans think only of keeping their best players (& adding some new) meanwhile the Banks want debts repaid & debt levels reduced which means selling & releasing players to bring in transfer fee income and reduce the wage bill - interesting times at Rangers as first team regulars are obviously easier to shift and bring in more transfer fees than squad players, moving on squad players who command higher salaries than they could get elsewhere is more difficult. Of course similar situations exist at a number of other clubs but in Scottish terms Rangers are the most high profile.

Berra is better than him.

?4.5 million from Rangers for Berra is something worth thinking about though.

i'm not against selling players to the O.F. - provided we get decent fees.

too many scars/thefts during the 90s mean anything less than 2.5 mill is just not acceptable for a young player with serious talent.

with a player like Berra, double that value.

the fact that Rangers could get 4.5 mill for 30 year old Bougherra would give feeling that a young but experienced player/captain like Berra would be worth the same value.

portobellojambo1

Rangers simply cannot afford to offload Bougherra, then simply divert the same amount they receive, plus a couple of million more, our way for Berra.

The papers all say they are looking at Berra, but I believe the only person that has commented from within Ibrox has indicated the more likely target is Lee Wilkie. Believe what the papers say if you wish, the truth is Rangers simply cannot afford Christophe Berra.

If Bougherra is worth ?3.5m in the present climate, and he has been s h i t e in the SPL this season, then what value can we put on Berra (and Driver, and Wallace, other players that Rangers want, according to the papers).

David Murray wants out of Ibrox, he cannot sell them at the moment, he is not going to make them more difficult to sell by either maintaining the current level of debt or increasing it. To sell he must reduce it, to reduce it they have to look at less attractive players earning less money, probably available in January for nowt.

just another thought.

the best thing to do is sabotage Bougherra's transfer so that the O.F. don't get any cash... we should be touting Berra to Newcastle and deny them the chance of obtaining a Scotland international.

Drew Busby !

I don't doubt that Rangers will do what they always do in the transfer window, by offering some insultingly low amount. I'll take a guess at an opening offer of 400K for Berra, perhaps rising over the weeks to 750-800K as their last and highest (ahem) "genuine" offer.

loveofthegame

Not a chance, they can't afford him. I'm confident that like Gordon he'd not see the OF as much of a step up anyway.

The Comedian
I don't doubt that Rangers will do what they always do in the transfer window, by offering some insultingly low amount. I'll take a guess at an opening offer of 400K for Berra, perhaps rising over the weeks to 750-800K as their last and highest (ahem) "genuine" offer.

We should offer ?3.60 for Velicka?

If Bougherra Is being touted as a 4.5 million pound player then Berra Is worth double that.

As someone has said It's Interesting times at Rangers, they are pretty poor right now, how low will they go? Great :xmasgrin:

Seymour M Hersh

What is laughable and totally disrespectful is the way they (der hun and the paper) appear to see Berra as a shoe in prompt replacement. Their arrogance/ignorance knows no bounds.

Jam Tarts 1874

If Berra goes it will be to an English club, any club in the EPL or the Championship will be able to offer more money and pay Berra an higher salary.

marshallschunkychicken
What is laughable and totally disrespectful is the way they (der hun and the paper) appear to see Berra as a shoe in prompt replacement. Their arrogance/ignorance knows no bounds.

I've seen some rangers fans suggesting that they should be able to get upwards of ?6M for Bougherra, and then replace him with Berra for ?1-1.5M.

*shakes head wearily*

rangers fans seem convinced we are selling them berra for 1.5m and driver for 1m but i doubt they would go to rangers anyway should they offer a reasonable fee.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

On the radio this morning, i was greeted with the headline...

"Newcastle to make 4 million offer for Bougherra and Kinnear also to make a move for Ferguson."

The report then went on to say...

"Rangers are likely to accept the offer for Bougherra, but will reject any advances for Ferguson..."

Seriously the whole world must have started spinning the wrong way or else Joe has developed a touch of dementia.

Newcastle are struggling a bit this season, just as they have done for a few seasons now and they think that throwing 4 mil plus at the currant buns for 30 year old Bougherra and Captain fan-plastic Bazza is going to help change that???? WTF? If I was a Geordie I'd be bricking it and demanding that Joe is placed in immediate psychiatric care, never mind relieved of his duties and access to transfer funds!

Honestly, Bazza can't even cope with the SPL anymore and he struggled to cope with the EPL in his prime... I'm not sure what's more incredible though, that the Toon are willing to pay 4 mil for 30 year old Bougherra, the guy that Berra humbled so convincingly at Tynie a few weeks back (at fault for both goals set up by Berra), or that Rangers wouldn't jump at the chance of getting rid of ferguson.

I would be astonished if Berra ended up at Rangers though, as he has intimated already that he hankers after a move down South and the fact that Rangers do not have a tea cup -let alone a pot- to p!ss in will most likely see them try and enter a bidding war with one or two million less at their disposal than even a top Championship side.

My biggest fear is actually that Aguiar will be 'got at' and sign a pre contract with that shower, he would cost a lot less at this stage in his contract and would strengthen them while weakening us... Just hope he was serious when he said he was eternaly gratefull to Hearts and our medical staff for sticking by him and fixing him up when he thought his career was over. Aguiar said then at the time, that he saw us as his second love after his boy-hood heroes Benfica, signing for Rangers and leaving us without decent compensation would not reflect this sentiment.

HHGH

alwaysthereinspirit

"Berra has been earmarked"

and they wonder why we hate them.

rangers fans seem convinced we are selling them berra for 1.5m and driver for 1m but i doubt they would go to rangers anyway should they offer a reasonable fee.

now thats funny........................

maybe 5 years ago but they need to get up to date,berra+driver will go for the going rate.the only way der hun will get either of them is to pay over the odds,that is fact..............

Tbh I think as good as Berra is we could be very lucky to get a big fee for him, at least the level talked of on here.

for me Berra is as likely to end up at the OF as he is down south for a fee of 2 or 2 mil.

Our best bet is a team like Stoke taking a gamble on berra as the man to save them and thus deciding to pay a bit over the odds

Rangers Fire Sale in January means they need rid of 10 players before they can buy.

So far only Darcheville is away - for any fee??

Now Gow is next for ?250k

Another 8 to go before Hearts can expect the ?500k bid for Berra

Archived