Brines swore at Nade

bilstonjambo

bilstonjambo

This story is from this mornings sun, not alot in the story but thought id post it anyway, if true just goes to show how much of a kok brines really is.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2086932.ece

Brines storm

By ROBERT MARTIN

Published: Today

HEARTS? dispute with Iain Brines has taken a new twist when it was claimed the ref SWORE at Jambos players ? before sending off Lee Wallace for abusing HIM.

Club insiders have accused Brines of launching a four-letter blast at striker Christian Nade.

But the whistler then showed Wallace a red card after the weekend defeat by Aberdeen when the defender called him a ?f****** p****.?

And a source close to the dressing room told SunSport: ?Some players struggled to come to terms with the officiating on the day. This feeling was fuelled by Christian Nade being sworn at by the ref during the game.

?It was one of a number of things that contributed to the ill-feeling that continued after the whistle.?

Brines this week refused to overturn his decision to send off Marius Zaliukas for head-butting Dons striker Lee Miller.

Hearts claimed TV pictures proved the defender?s innocence ? and Zaliukas has since threatened to quit Scotland.

SPL bosses recently agreed not to comment on the performance of refs, and players have also been advised not to say anything.

But after the game Tynecastle captain Christophe Berra said: ?There?s so much I want to say, but I can?t.

?There?s a lot of frustration and anger in our dressing room.?

Hearts also issued a statement criticising Brines for refusing to overturn Zaliukas? red card.

But they now insist boss Csaba Laszlo?s focus is on tomorrow?s derby with Hibs.

A spokesman said: ?The matter is closed and we now want to move on and concentrate on our next very important game.?

Hearts claimed TV pictures proved the defender?s innocence

Why do they need to constantly say this why can't the press just come right out and say Tv pictures proved the defenders innocence without saying Hearts said it as it is obvious that he never head butted Miller.

Fergie_Jambo
Hearts claimed TV pictures proved the defender?s innocence

Why do they need to constantly say this why can't the press just come right out and say Tv pictures proved the defenders innocence without saying Hearts said it as it is obvious that he never head butted Miller.

Obviously that wouldn't suit their agenda

Isaac Begbie

Absolutely true, they would rather paint us as a paranoid bunch of troublemakers.

JamTarts1874

I know, it's so irritating. It's like he DID headbutt Miller and he's trying to claim that he didn't.

It's obvious by watching the TV evidence that Zal is completely innocent of any type of physical attack to Miller, we know that and anybody with half a brain-cell who has seen the footage can tell that.

You know how bad it is when my friend who is a staunch Hibs fan (I know, shocking!) has seen the TV evidence and thought that it was absolutly terrible that big Zal got sent off for being headbutted!

Unfortunaly, it's always been the case with the GFA and you know that it's bad when there is actual TV evidence supporting the fact that there has been a miscarridge of justice against one of our players and STILL they do nothing to rectify it.

I wouldn't a believe a word of it, the media especially the sun have an agenda against us. They have probably made this up just to have a go at us. :xmaseye:

I don't have any problems with refs swearing at players - as long as they can take it back.

Look at me, look at me. I can swear at you, but you can't back because I've got a red card.

This story may, or may not be true but the sooner Brines is publicly emptied as an example to other refs, the better.

I don't have any problems with refs swearing at players - as long as they can take it back.

Look at me, look at me. I can swear at you, but you can't back because I've got a red card.

This story may, or may not be true but the sooner Brines is publicly emptied as an example to other refs, the better.

He's been emptied on the sly. He isnt on the FIFA list for the current year. Is that the SFA punishing him for his clear incompetency?

He's been emptied on the sly. He isnt on the FIFA list for the current year. Is that the SFA punishing him for his clear incompetency?

That was how they punished Andy Davis on the sly, so you are probably right

I didnt know they did that with Davis. If the SFA were to make it more public, they might save themselves a lot of grief and it would show that they do, indeed, hold their officials to some kind of account. Currently, they bury their heads in the sand in some kind of belief that we have the best refs in the world.

What is annoying is not only do they use the world 'claimed' when we say something, but when Aberdeen said stuff about us it was reported as true and that 'The Sun can reveal that....'

Aye they punished him so much that he is now an SFA Referees Match Assessor - no doubt making sure that the officials he assesses show the correct true blue credentials otherwise they get a poor mark.

Aye they punished him so much that he is now an SFA Referees Match Assessor - no doubt making sure that the officials he assesses show the correct true blue credentials otherwise they get a poor mark.

According to a ref I know, Davies is treated as a bit of a joke character at Hampden. He openly nails his colours to the mast and makes sectarian jokes at refereeing sessions.

According to a ref I know, Davies is treated as a bit of a joke character at Hampden. He openly nails his colours to the mast and makes sectarian jokes at refereeing sessions.

More like the "Court Jester" - but he's still an assessor - and what does that tell you?

More like the "Court Jester" - but he's still an assessor - and what does that tell you?

I take it "essor" is pronounced silently?

Yep, that?s more accurate. I was looking for but not finding the correct way to relay what I was told.

Just to continue the thread...

Lets say for arguements sake a referee does swear at a player during a match... is there any mechanism in place for the player to lodge a complaint against the official...??

We all know the ref can brandish a red card, but what can a player do if the boot's on the other foot...??

Just curious...

Just to continue the thread...

Lets say for arguements sake a referee does swear at a player during a match... is there any mechanism in place for the player to lodge a complaint against the official...??

We all know the ref can brandish a red card, but what can a player do if the boot's on the other foot...??

Just curious...

Was that not Neil Lennon's defence when sent off a few years back ?

He had accused Stuart Dougal of swearing at him and when he went to Hampden for his hearing he took a posse of lawyers with him. I think the SFA just **** it at that point and damn near made SD apologise to the ginger Mhank. I also observed that as a turning point in his relationship with his bosses and, oddly enough, thought he was one of the few to give us an even break during our games. That was until the Motherwell cup replay anyway - disgrace of a performance and clearly towed the party line that night.

This story is from this mornings sun, not alot in the story but thought id post it anyway, if true just goes to show how much of a kok brines really is.

Brines storm

By ROBERT MARTIN

HEARTS? dispute with Iain Brines has taken a new twist when it was claimed the ref SWORE at Jambos players ? before sending off Lee Wallace for abusing HIM.

Club insiders have accused Brines of launching a four-letter blast at striker Christian Nade.

But the whistler then showed Wallace a red card after the weekend defeat by Aberdeen when the defender called him a ?f****** p****.?

And a source close to the dressing room told SunSport: ?Some players struggled to come to terms with the officiating on the day. This feeling was fuelled by Christian Nade being sworn at by the ref during the game.

?It was one of a number of things that contributed to the ill-feeling that continued after the whistle.?

Brines this week refused to overturn his decision to send off Marius Zaliukas for head-butting Dons striker Lee Miller.

Hearts claimed TV pictures proved the defender?s innocence ? and Zaliukas has since threatened to quit Scotland.

SPL bosses recently agreed not to comment on the performance of refs, and players have also been advised not to say anything.

But after the game Tynecastle captain Christophe Berra said: ?There?s so much I want to say, but I can?t.

Hearts also issued a statement criticising Brines for refusing to overturn Zaliukas? red card.

A spokesman said: ?The matter is closed and we now want to move on and concentrate on our next very important game.?

Sums up the state of the SFA that this total clown of an individual has been on the FIFA list since 2003

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/referee_profile.cfm?viewprofile=1&refereeid=20250568&viewcategory=5

Bomber Harris

Time for someone to list ALL of Brines' matches involving Hearts....

Watched highlights the other night there of his shameful display at Fir Park two seasons ago, remember the 1-1 draw, we actually got a last minute penalty but the decisions prior to that were disgraceful, booking Skacel for diving in the box, clearly fouled, jumped right back up after challenge but was booked.

Wasn't he responsible for the 2-3 game against the beggars when Fyssas got sent off ?

There's a starter for two.

WestcoastJambo
Time for someone to list ALL of Brines' matches involving Hearts....

Watched highlights the other night there of his shameful display at Fir Park two seasons ago, remember the 1-1 draw, we actually got a last minute penalty but the decisions prior to that were disgraceful, booking Skacel for diving in the box, clearly fouled, jumped right back up after challenge but was booked.

Wasn't he responsible for the 2-3 game against the beggars when Fyssas got sent off ?

There's a starter for two.

Yes, he was. My dislike of him stems initially from that game.

WestCoastJambo

Guest zeeko1

Brines storm

By ROBERT MARTIN

Oh dear, what a shame

Bad language, tut tut

The 05-06 season , 2-2 at Brockville, Gordon sent off. Another display of partiality if ever there was one.

Xenophobia aside, this man is a joke of a referee.

Brines is an idiot.

The thing that has perplexed me the most by this whole thing is that the referee has sent Zal off based on what he hoped happened and issued a straight red.

Having watched the highlights it is clear that Zal was the innocent party in the incident and that is pretty much the universal position of pundits and fans alike.

Hearts correctly submit an appeal but what happens? The ref who made either a terrible decision or deliberately gave a red card out for nothing is the only person who can review the decision. So he either has to come out and say I got it completely wrong and ****ed up yet again. Now that may be ok if he was conned by a dive or something but in this instance it would be an admission that he issued a red card based on what he thought happened and not what he actually saw and that would give him a big issue with the SFA in my opinion.

So he takes the decision that he will stand by the red card. What is frustrating and wrong though is that he does not have to give any meaningful explanation as to why he stands by the decision.

We have no further recourse on the situation. How can that possibly be in the best interests of the game? They need to have an independent body that reviews the appeals.

As an aside why is it always us that is on the wrong end of these rules that are in place. This season we have had this incident, a penalty reversed and a 4th official get involved and make decisions.

Back to the original point, foul and abusive language is a red card offense and if Brines swore at Nade then action should be taken and taken publically by the SFA.

Whether swearing bothers you or not isn't the point. People in positions of authority should not abuse their positions by being above it all.

Archived