Atlantic League a non-starter with UEFA

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

I know the suggestion of resurrecting the idea of an Atlantic League was wishful thinking by Walter Smith however this article appears to confirm that the idea is a non-starter with UEFA who see national associations & national leagues as the primary foundation of football with international competitions like the champions league & europa league as a bonus level for those who qualify.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/scottishpremier/celtic/4061649/Uefa-would-fight-an-Atlantic-League-every-step-of-the-way.html

If I could just add some advice to the Old Firm...

Feel free to resign from the SPL/SFA/UEFA competitions and go it alone guys - you and the poisonous baggage that accompanies you won't be missed in the slightest.

No surprises there. UEFA have already told the OF they will never sanction a move to the EPL or any English league with FIFA saying the same. So its not surprising they would block any talk of an Atlantic league.

The quicker the bigot sisters realsise there here to stay and Scotland is there home the quicker they might start righting the wrongs they have done to Scottish football for decades.

loveofthegame

Good i just with the OF would stop disrespecting our league so much and give up on this ludicrous idea. Sort out the massive problems with the running and officiating of the game in Scotland and we could have ourselves a decent wee league.

Easier said than done of course.

Seymour M Hersh
No surprises there. UEFA have already told the OF they will never sanction a move to the EPL or any English league with FIFA saying the same. So its not surprising they would block any talk of an Atlantic league.

The quicker the bigot sisters realise there here to stay and Scotland is there home the quicker they might start righting the wrongs they have done to Scottish football for decades.

I feel that if they ever do realise they are going no-where it will do the reverse and they will attempt to screw the rest of us even more as some sort of punishment as it would be our fault.

I know the suggestion of resurrecting the idea of an Atlantic League was wishful thinking by Walter Smith however this article appears to confirm that the idea is a non-starter with UEFA who see national associations & national leagues as the primary foundation of football with international competitions like the champions league & europa league as a bonus level for those who qualify.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/scottishpremier/celtic/4061649/Uefa-would-fight-an-Atlantic-League-every-step-of-the-way.html

Walter Smith is an idiot, the teams he has sudjested are Benfica, Sporting Ajax and Danish, Swedish and finnish clubs to be in this league. Which means the OF games will be play between April and October for the league.

We should kick the OF oot !!!

Archived