A Goalie at Both Ends?

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

Interesting possible situation thrown up by this pre-contract agreement malarky.......

Dundee Utd face Celtic this weekend at Parkhead, will Celtic have a goalie at both ends?

Questions about all sorts of conflict of interests could be raised & should players be allowed to face teams they will be signing for?

Charlie-Brown

United defender no worries about keeper

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/dundee-united/2009/01/02/we-ll-luk-for-clean-sheet-86908-21009953/

Pre-contract players have similar conflicts of interests as loan-players do regards facing their (prospective) team - should the SPL create some rules to deal with this issue?

I wouldn't say so in this case. At the end of the day I'm maybe a bit of an idealist when it comes to players' loyalty, however it all seems to come down to who's paying their wages.

Załuska wouldn't be signing for Celtic if it wasn't for Dundee United, and it's not as if he has any emotional or historical ties with the tims.

And I think the fear of getting his **** kicked in by Wilkie, Dods and co. if he did show any form of bias is enough to keep him on the straight and narrow for the time being!

Questions about all sorts of conflict of interests could be raised & should players be allowed to face teams they will be signing for?

Dundee United shouldnt suffer over something they cant do anything about. They pay his wages and he is still their player. If the player in question cant be professional about it then they are well rid of him.

Archived