Adam Hammill

magicTs

Would love to see us go and get this kid on loan for the rest of the season. Was an absolute standout at Dunfermline, seems to have done well at Blackpool and is obviously highly regarded at Liverpool. Can't see him get a 1st team chance at Anfield this season though. With Kingston likely to go and Miko out for a while surely he would give us an option on the right and could switch sides with Driver.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11728_4720908,00.html

Guest jambomickey
Would love to see us go and get this kid on loan for the rest of the season. Was an absolute standout at Dunfermline, seems to have done well at Blackpool and is obviously highly regarded at Liverpool. Can't see him get a 1st team chance at Anfield this season though. With Kingston likely to go and Miko out for a while surely he would give us an option on the right and could switch sides with Driver.

striker priority mate

Drylaw Hearts

He was very good at Dunfermline but if he was as impressive at Blackpool as the article indicates then Leeds Utd may be a possible destination.

Also....

I don't think we get on very well with Liverpool these days.

Guest jambomickey
He was very good at Dunfermline but if he was as impressive at Blackpool as the article indicates then Leeds Utd may be a possible destination.

Also....

I don't think we get on very well with Liverpool these days.

why don,t we get on with liverpool?

Bert Le Clos
far too lightweight

I don't really think that matters mate, especially in a winger. If you're good enough that's all that matters.

Neil McCann wasn't exactly a brick *****hou$e.

striker priority mate

You won't find me arguing with that. If we sign only 1 player it most definitely has to be a striker. Csaba is quoted as saying he is looking at several though so if Kingston goes maybe he will look at the right side as Miko is out long term and Chesney is always a sniffle or a stubbed toe from weeks on the sidelines.

far too lightweight

Yet Liverpool, one of the elite clubs of Europe have given him a 3 year contract. In the SPL his pace and ability to create would be very beneficial given our problems in the final 3rd.

Ibrahim Tall
I don't really think that matters mate, especially in a winger. If you're good enough that's all that matters.

Neil McCann wasn't exactly a brick *****hou$e.

Nor Andy Driver who isn't exactly doing badly.

Would say if anything Hamills stockier than both of them aswell tbh.

Seems like yesterday we were trying for Le Tallec, Mellor, Potter among others and they were up here staying at some place next to Edinburgh Zoo IIRC.

We were also linked with an ex-Liverpool trainee who wasn't even playing Pro Football anymore :xmascrazy:

How much has changed in two years :xmasoh:

Drylaw Hearts

We were also linked with an ex-Liverpool trainee who wasn't even playing Pro Football anymore :xmascrazy:

IIRC.......

The lad played with Crawley Town and was flown up along with a Liverpool Youth Player on a Private Jet for the 2 bob tour and signing talks.

At that point most people knew VR was off his rocker.

Drylaw Hearts
yeah but i didn,t realise we fell out with them over it mate

Tbh I don't really know if we did but I do recall someone from Liverpool saying we were unprofessional or words to that effect.

IIRC.......

The lad played with Crawley Town and was flown up along with a Liverpool Youth Player on a Private Jet for the 2 bob tour and signing talks.

At that point most people knew VR was off his rocker.

Cheers m8, that sounds familiar now, yeah we all realised Vlad's football records needed updating when that happened.

Tbh I don't really know if we did but I do recall someone from Liverpool saying we were unprofessional or words to that effect.

Funny, I seem to recall it was someone from a Liverpool supporters?blog who said it...

The ex liverpool player was Carl Clampitt

Apparently Romanov or one of his minnions asked someone at liverpool who the best player they had played with was and they said this Clampitt boy.

Romanov fired into action to try and sign him, unfortunately no one bothered to mention he was the best player several years ago and was at that point playing semi pro football after doing his knee in and couldnt play full time pro anymore. They did eventually work it out before they signed him, which going by our signings and injuries is a miracle

Don't you remember when VR had a "I must sign a Liverpool player" phase ?

http://sport.scotsman.com/spl/Romanovs-shock-bid-for-Liverpools.2739658.jp

This isn't the best article from the time but it is certainly the funniest.

Sissoko :)

They were the good old days! Proper transfer speculation about all manner of players coming in - some who even sounded good!

Ryan Gosling

http://www.anfieldroad.com/news/archive/200601071729/hearts-set-on-raiding-reds-reserves.html/

Started his career with Liverpool and was poised to sign a contract when he injured a cruciate ligament. Another injury scuppered a ?25,000 move to Hearts last season and he played instead for Cammell Laird before an unsuccessful deal with Barrow in the summer of 2006 led to him being snapped up by Rhyl. Released by the Lillies at the beginning of December 2006 and returned to Cammell Laird.

Currently playing for soccer giants AFC Mississippi.

Archived