"We know Hearts Are Going To Be Negative" (merged threads)

Ryan Gosling

As is always the case when Hibernian face Hearts, newspapers will fill column inches with stats on previous encounters in league and cup. The manager however points out that these mean very little, indeed even recent form is meaningless when the city rivals face up to each other: ?One thing is that history or form goes right out of the window for these matches, it is all about what happens on that particular day which is exactly why what happens on Saturday will have no bearing at all on the game the following Sunday. We know that Hearts are going to be negative and that they will play with one striker if any, they will go out to frustrate us and we want to make sure that our players perform in a manner that we don?t get sucked in too much.?

Oh dear. You might regret that one, Mixu!

:)

The Old Tolbooth

Ha ha ha ha, I cant believe he's talking about us being negative when all season long his team have played hoofball!!!

Mixu MUST stay :laugh:

representative of hibernimyth in shock over blown sense of his own team's free flowing flair football abilities comment. that's never happened before, has it?

hibernan fc - the hilarious myth of scottish football.

I think fat mixu might be left with egg on his fat spud u like boat race.

Song for after the game...... BEAT BY A NEGATIVE TEAM , YOUVE JUST BEEN BEAT BY A NEGATIVE TEAM.

alwaysthereinspirit

"One striker, if any" That's a very poor attempt at a wind up.

Has any team in the history of football ever played a game with no sriker.

No snide remarks along the lines of "yeah #ibs every week"

Guest juvehearts
Pub team comment from a fat pub darts player. Ironic.

I resent that comment, most of the top 100 darts players in the worls are fitter than your adverage SPL player, well them on the PDC.

besides darts is a skillful game, fitbaw isnt.

p.s Mixu Must Stay

Fozzyonthefence
"One striker, if any" That's a very poor attempt at a wind up.

Has any team in the history of football ever played a game with no sriker.

No snide remarks along the lines of "yeah #ibs every week"

We played the last hour against Dundee Utd with no strikers! Think that is where he was coming from. Still, silly things for him to be saying before a derby - we were really negative when we played them off the park at Easter Road this season right enough & created (& missed) a hatful of chances.

Should be good material to be posted on our dressing room wall I would think.

The People's Chimp
Mind games from Mixu?

**** me, that's like being challenged to a game of scrabble by Joey Deacon!

Remarkable similarity.

joey deacon:

Mixu_Paatelainen_626916.jpg

Mixu:

joey1.jpg

He either knows absolutely nothing about football or he's trying to wind up Csaba into playing a certain way.

Given that he was a professional footballer for years and a (sort of) manager, it's probably the latter.

Csaba seems much brighter and much more tactically aware than Mr Bloodvessel so I doubt his slavering will have any effect.

Alot of pi sh discounting history. The Hearts players (i hope) will be made very aware of the proud record Hearts have in this fixture and the importance of upholding that. Also, the fact we are the big team in the toon and we must uphold that tradition too.

What i find amusing is the way any Hobo manager discounts form, history etc... they make it out as if Hibs have lost all those derbies because that`s just what happened.

The fact is, Hearts, most seasons, are a better team than Hibs and our victories just didn`t come around just because we raised our game on the day.

Do you think that Rod the Tache and Uncle Tom actually grab new Hibs managers and give them the old Clockwork Orange brainwashing treatment as soon as they've signed the contract ?

It might help explain some of the complete and utter horsesh*t some of these utter clowns come out with.

John Collins lived to regret a similar comment.

Mixu surely misquoted, his team have been "pub team like defending" in recent weeks.

Cmon the JTs!!!!

He's just going through the old tired lines. Also I would like to point out form does not go out the window in these games. A myth.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
He's just going through the old tired lines. Also I would like to point out form does not go out the window in these games. A myth.

Correct.

Hate that old football cliche.

I can just see the post match interview from Mixu. They took us by total surprise when they attacked us so early to open up a two goal lead. Their other two goals were purely down to the fact they caught us on the counter as we dominated looking to get back in the game.

FTH

It's very difficult not to be negative when we only have one attacking option! As usual, i hate the build-up to a derby match, thankfully i'm away on holiday again when we play them in the cup!!

That Fenton guy is too sensible to be a Hobo!!

Who the feck do these deadbeats think they are? "negative", when are they going to stop believing their own flair pash!!!

It is getting tedious

In the words of Keegan "i'd loav it"

Generic Username

We may well be classed as "negative" but thankfully we've had our shot at sitting watching hoofball tactics and now it's Hibs turn to enjoy it week in week out.

winston churchill

sorry

never saw the other thread.

i was to busy laughing at the mince posted on that thread.

Drylaw Hearts

Mixu hasn't a clue and the majority if the plebs that go to Hobo matches would probably confirm this.

Well thats the cut out for the dressing room sorted !!!

cheers mixu, (mr motivator)

anyway we could play with 10 defenders, given his previous goalkeepers blunders !!!!

m'on the macalamity, you are going to get it tight on sat. !!!

Mixu's not as daft as he looks (and that's saying something).

It's called getting your excuses in early. He knows what's coming.:xmasgrin:

Well thats the cut out for the dressing room sorted !!!

cheers mixu, (mr motivator)

anyway we could play with 10 defenders, given his previous goalkeepers blunders !!!!

m'on the macalamity, you are going to get it tight on sat. !!!

****ing Right mate ;) Im row 1 in section G!

Ooh wrong word choice Mixu you stupid fat w@nker, You are getting absolute pelters on saturday, You fat f-ucking Waste of space :D

Ooh wrong word choice Mixu you stupid fat w@nker, You are getting absolute pelters on saturday, You fat f-ucking Waste of space :D

Is that you Robbie? Remember your asics?

No idea what Mixu is up to, as the majority of us Hibbies know, were not a good side and are set up to be negative. If Mixu can bring in a couple of decent midfielders then I'd be happy as we have plenty of attacking options and up until saturday were getting our defence sorted. Still think that you's will win the derby but if Aguair is out then I do think we can get something out of the game.

Happy New Year!!!

Ryan Gosling
The Hibernian manager, who has used both 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 this season, reckons he knows exactly what brand of play Hearts will have in store for the New Year visit of their city rivals. "Tactics will be very important in this match," observed Paatelainen. "We know they are going to field one striker, or maybe not even one.

"That's why we must make sure we don't get sucked in too much. We realise their strengths and weaknesses and must make sure we have the tactics and players out there who can cope with that. I think Hearts could play 4-4-2. Why not? If they select to play that way, but they don't. They play with one striker or with no strikers. That's for sure. It's as simple as that."

Another gem from Mixu.

The Old Tolbooth
WTF is he on about ?????????????????

Ha ha ha, I was just thinking the same thing mate, what a fat useless waste of space!!! :laugh:

Drylaw Hearts
Ha ha ha, I was just thinking the same thing mate, what a fat useless waste of space!!! :laugh:

He sure is.

He's 2 bad results from the bullet imo.

:)

Another gem from Mixu.

I thought I'd read the gem in that quote but then there was another, and then another.

At least he ahd a good night last night!

:xmasoh:

Archived