Mole is fit??

dodemac

grumpyespana
MMM!!!, na bring on the double G for me anyone else with me?? and I dinna mean Gary Glitter

Will sleep easy now on friday night as our mole is fit for duty lol.

Grump.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Not exactly the 'major boost' that it is being described as IMO but... And it is a big but granted... Perhaps he will go on to be one of those surprise packages and pull off a once in a lifetime performance against the Hobos and write himself a page in hearts history forever. Remember Fozzy was not exactly known as a hearts hero before his late winner... Or am I starting to clutch at straws now?

A lot of people are expressing a preference for Velicka over Killen as a striking target. i however would be inclined to go for the big Kiwi instead... on the proviso that he was a a buy, rather than a loan signing as Rangers would undoubtedly put a clause in big Andy's agreement stopping him from playing against them and if he was to do the business for us would probably end up back at their midden anyway. Killen is a bit of a journeyman but if we could get him tied up on a full contract then he would be a far more usefull weapon than Andy with one hand tied behind his back thanks to a Rangers contract agreement.

Still i am sure there are other names on the list anyway that will not come with any OF baggage.

Not sure we should go for Velicka again, his fitness was a problem when he was playing regularly for us, now having not played 1st team football for a while, he's likely to be unfit and overweight, is it really worth it when he probably wouldn't play much this season?

Drylaw Hearts
Not exactly the 'major boost' that it is being described as IMO but... And it is a big but granted... Perhaps he will go on to be one of those surprise packages and pull off a once in a lifetime performance against the Hobos and write himself a page in hearts history forever. Remember Fozzy was not exactly known as a hearts hero before his late winner... Or am I starting to clutch at straws now?

A lot of people are expressing a preference for Velicka over Killen as a striking target. i however would be inclined to go for the big Kiwi instead... on the proviso that he was a a buy, rather than a loan signing as Rangers would undoubtedly put a clause in big Andy's agreement stopping him from playing against them and if he was to do the business for us would probably end up back at their midden anyway. Killen is a bit of a journeyman but if we could get him tied up on a full contract then he would be a far more usefull weapon than Andy with one hand tied behind his back thanks to a Rangers contract agreement.

Still i am sure there are other names on the list anyway that will not come with any OF baggage.

Some good/great Hearts players came with OF 'baggage' :

Niemi

Jardine

MacPherson

Ferguson

Colquhoun

And many, many more.

winston churchill
Some good/great Hearts players came with OF 'baggage' :

Niemi

Jardine

MacPherson

Ferguson

Colquhoun

And many, many more.

hugh burns.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I take your point but... how many of them had contractuall agreements preventing them from playing against either side of the OF?

My point is really just that finishing above Rangers should be viewed as a realistic target and having to drop our potential top goal scorer for games against them would disadvantage us.

I'd have made a move for Lovel in the summer personaly, always in the top 5 goal scorers each season and strong enough to hold up the ball in Csaba's favoured system.

Archived