Rangers want Robbie

vegas-voss

RN is our best right back but if it was decent money I would be inclined to sell. Saying that I don't believe a word of it.

Drylaw Hearts

He's the best we've got in that position and I'd hate to lose him during this window.

However...........

If he left at the end of the Season and was replaced with someone like David Gray from Man Utd then I wouldn't really care.

He's the best we've got in that position and I'd hate to lose him during this window.

However...........

If he left at the end of the Season and was replaced with someone like David Gray from Man Utd then I wouldn't really care.

According to Sky Sports News just now, he is going on loan to Plymouth for the rest of the season. Never knew he was the reserve team captain down there.

As for Robbie....

Every player has his price, but he is the best RB at the club, and has proved folk like myself wrong with his importance to the team.

Drylaw Hearts
According to Sky Sports News just now, he is going on loan to Plymouth for the rest of the season. Never knew he was the reserve team captain down there.

An opportunity missed imo.

As for Robbie....

Every player has his price, but he is the best RB at the club, and has proved folk like myself wrong with his importance to the team.

He has been the best RB at the club for years but he's still a very limited footballer.

Just goes to show, despite all the pish a few weeks back that is the limit of the finances Rankgers can stretch to when it comes to buying Hearts players

My big fear is that Robbie is out of contract in the summer so we could lose him for nothing, it's one thing saying get a replacement but as the past few years have proven wanting a better RB than Robbie Nielson and actually being able to get one are two completely different things

Charlie-Brown

DH i can only assume you haven't seen much of Johnny Brown or Craig Thomson otherwise you'd be unconcerned - yes both are still young and inexperienced but in terms of football ability miles ahead and their time will come soon.....don't really believe 'gers want Neilson however after 12 years and a testimonial we should cash in if we can as he's hardly irreplaceable (except maybe in a certain persons eyes :rolleyes:) ....anyway Happy New Year DH :thumb: & Hearts Forever & drylaw22hearts and all other good jambos :)

Drylaw Hearts
DH i can only assume you haven't seen much of Johnny Brown or Craig Thomson otherwise you'd be unconcerned - yes both are still young and inexperienced but in terms of football ability miles ahead and their time will come soon.....don't really believe 'gers want Neilson however after 12 years and a testimonial we should cash in if we can as he's hardly irreplaceable (except maybe in a certain persons eyes :rolleyes:) ....anyway Happy New Year DH :thumb: & Hearts Forever & drylaw22hearts and all other good jambos :)

I haven't seen much of those two lads tbh CB - how far from playing first team football do you reckon they are ?

Oh.......

And a Happy New Year to you and Mrs Brown.

:)

Would you have the two names you mention ahead of Jason Thompson, Charlie?

Surprised you never mentioned him as you have been critical at times at the lack of game time he has been given in his development.

portobellojambo1

I suspect that during this transfer window who Rangers want and who Rangers get will be poles apart due to one vital ingredient being in short supply, money. For Rangers this is more likely to be a window where they will look at out of contract players available free.

grumpyespana
The bastion of truth the Sun has Rangers wanting to sign Robbie Neilson

It seems that Rangers want to buy just about all of our first team players thats a joke is it not, ther is no way that they can afford the likes of Berra & Driver changed days in deed from the heady times of Gazza etc lol.

Grumpy.

Drylaw Hearts
We've tried to replace Robbie with about 6 different RB's and its turned out he was better than the rest. He has made a huge difference to the team since he returned. Once upon a time he was amongst the weaker players in the squad, don't think that the case anymore.

He is limited at a footballer, however, he makes the most of what he has.

I actually think he will leave before next season and I think he will make a lot of people realise that often you don't miss something until its gone.

I know I'm stating the obvious here when I say the the overall quality of the squad has dropped dramatically in the last 3 years.

Why ?

Because we could sell him to a club like Spurs for huge money.

No doubt about it, Huttons a quality player.

Drew Busby !

Robbie is limited, but thats true for the majority of players at all levels. But his overall strengths v's liabilities move in the right direction under the right kind of manager. Certainly under Burley, and now to an extent Csaba. On balance we could do worse, sorry if thats not a ringing endorement but thats always the way with Robbie !

Drylaw Hearts
Because we could sell him to a club like Spurs for huge money.

No doubt about it, Huttons a quality player.

Hutton the person is a scrote, Hutton the player in the SPL is a very good player

He'll be binned by Spurs within a year imo.

Over-rated.

Drylaw Hearts
Your right, however, thats what happen when you replace players with worse quality players! I don't see that changing anytime soon, however, lets not pretend this has been done for cost reasons, it was due to the shambolic way we've been run.

Hopefully its chaged, however, our transfer dealing since Vlad arrived (minus the GB signings) have been shambolic.

Agreed.

Your right, however, thats what happen when you replace players with worse quality players! I don't see that changing anytime soon, however, lets not pretend this has been done for cost reasons, it was due to the shambolic way we've been run.

Hopefully its chaged, however, our transfer dealing since Vlad arrived (minus the GB signings) have been shambolic.

Eh?

Of course it's been done for cost reasons. How much debt would we be allowed to amass? Previously we speculated to accumulate and it did not pay off: now we are shopping in the markets we can afford.

IMO if we got a six-figure transfer fee for Robbie it would be a good piece of business.

His best years are behind him and similarly to Paul Hartley going to Celtic we'd get money for a player who although may be able to do a job for the team is only going to get worse.

The comparison with PH does not include ability either, IMO, as RN is far too limited to be comparable. If he was to leave it wouldn't concern me. I'd happily have Eggert at RB.

Charlie-Brown
Would you have the two names you mention ahead of Jason Thompson, Charlie?

Surprised you never mentioned him as you have been critical at times at the lack of game time he has been given in his development.

Jason Thomson is 21 whilst Brown & C.Thomson are 18 & 17 however both are superior footballers in my opinion & Brown can play in either fullback position, the U19 left back Mikey Delands is a terrific player as well, all these players will (should) be really good players for Hearts.

Regards Jason Thomson, the kid & his wee brother Danny are great jambo's and Csaba said at the trust meeting recently Jason has a great attitude & can be a good SPL quality player because of this as he's always willing to listen & learn....I always watched a lot of Hearts youth & reserve teams when the likes of Ritchie, McManus, Grant Murray, Naysmith, Severin, Neilson etc played and in my opinion J.Thomson is a superior player compared to how Robbie was at the same age.

I think Jason like Robbie & Elvis before him is the kind of player who will make up for limited ability with good attitude & workrate and have a reasonable career because of this.

Drylaw Hearts
And when we lose Bruno, Kingston etc this will also have nothing to do with money?

Only latterly has money been the issue.

We've signed many, many, many players within the last few years that have been down to poor judgement of ability rather than sticking to a budget.

Christian Nade in August 2007 being just one example of spending big money yet still lowering the quality of the squad.

He'll be binned by Spurs within a year imo.

Over-rated.

Hence the reason I said he was a good player in the SPL I'm not denying he's not Premiership class

Only latterly has money been the issue.

We've signed many, many, many players within the last few years that have been down to poor judgement of ability rather than sticking to a budget.

Christian Nade in August 2007 being just one example of spending big money yet still lowering the quality of the squad.

I'm sure they thought they would make money on Nade.

The signing of and selling of players has always been about the money.

Some terrible signings but they were brought in to make a profit.

IMO if we got a six-figure transfer fee for Robbie it would be a good piece of business.

His best years are behind him and similarly to Paul Hartley going to Celtic we'd get money for a player who although may be able to do a job for the team is only going to get worse.

The comparison with PH does not include ability either, IMO, as RN is far too limited to be comparable. If he was to leave it wouldn't concern me. I'd happily have Eggert at RB.

?100k for Robbie is not good business at all.

Drylaw Hearts
I'm sure they thought they would make money on Nade.

The signing of and selling of players has always been about the money.

Some terrible signings but they were brought in to make a profit.

We have replaced players with poorer players and this has not been because of a reduction in budget it has been because of poor judgement of players.

?100k for Robbie is not good business at all.

His contract's up at the end of the season is it not? I'll be more specific though, since you're being pedantic. ?500k would be a good deal. IMO.

How has it been done for cost reasons? Signing lots of players on inflated wages, was that cost cutting. When did we start this cost cutting excercise?

We've not even started cutting costs yet! We still have players like Kingston on huge wages, do you think Tullberg costs nothing. The only player we have paid of is beslija, if this was cost cutting lots of players would have been given pay offs.

Don't pretend, its been done for cost cutting reasons. Its clearly be done as a vanity project and we have been shambolicaaly run, hopefully, that changed but lets not kid ourselve on that our transfer policy has been out of some prudence its not. Anyway who does IMO is in denial or thick.

In answer to your questions, 40 million and we never speculated to accumalted we just run shambolically. Hopefully, its changed but we'll see.

?40m was our overdraft limit and we paid players wages of ?12m against a turnover of ?10m in the hope that Euro proceeds would eradicate the shortfall. That is speculating to accumulate and I'm sure you did not say we were badly run at the time. Good old hindsight! We still have some high wage earners but they are reducing in number as their contracts wither on the vine. I would suggest our transfer policy is born of necessity rather than prudence. As I am not in denial I must be thick, unlike your erudite self.

If we have replaced good players with poorer players let me not condone it but simply say that has always been the case. In fact in many cases over the years we did not replace them with anyone but players already on the staff eg Dave Mackay was replaced by Andy Bowman, Niemi by Tepi/Gordon, Gordon by Banks. When you are a selling club, you sell because you need the money so it is hardly surprising if replacements are poorer, which is why there is probably more emphasis on our youth set-up now than at any time in our history.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

As for Robbie....

What Gray is the captain of Man U reserves? Or youth team?

Good on him. Never knew he was doing so well.

I hope we keep Robbie. I wasn't his biggest fan but he's really come onto a game recently and it showed how much we missed him when he was out.

He is limited but he's capable of helping us to 3rd.

Bert Le Clos
What Gray is the captain of Man U reserves? Or youth team?

Good on him. Never knew he was doing so well.

As far as I knew Craig Cathcart was captain. Although if he has been farmed out on loan they might have replaced him.

I think you will find I was quite against the way the club was getting run. It did not take Einstein to work out that spending more than you earn is not good practice. Hindsight is great but not as good as common sense!

I'm sure you were against it but from what date? The speculate to accumulate started after that Middlesbrough friendly and we were all so caught up in the frenzy that I doubt if anyone stopped to question it. I assume you have never had a mortgage or taken out a car loan.

If we paid players in the hope of the CL qualification, why did we not follow it through and instead appointed a manager who our owner made questionable remarks over, why not go the whole hog? If that was his plan go for it, we got to the stage of CL qualification yet decided to feck up by a meddling owner. I think you will find it was widely admitted that Vlad was influencing team selction. This was not necessity or anything else, it was a vanity project.

On the basis of what has been reported, I agree mistakes were made, especially re manager, but the rest is hypothesis. It was widely reported a few centuries ago that the world was not round but it is.

I actually agree that the transfer policy is about to be born out of necessity, now. That in reality is probably the thing that may have brought some semblemence of order to the club.

UBIG will glad of your approval.

With regard to us being a selling club. Your correct, we always have been and always will. However, we did not sell out of necessity we sold out of some other agenda. It was not to do with building a football club and believing we had no option. However, we always bought players we thought represented value, whereas in the VR years we have signed players merley due to their location, irrespective of quality.

Maybe you should have a wee talk with Chris Robinson about the sales of Colin Cameron and Antti Niemi. You mean locations like South America, Russia, Portugal, Hungary, Finland, Romania, Greece, England etc or do you just mean Lithuania?

Also why is there more of emphasis now in our youth set-up? We have always tended to have 4-5 players that have come from the youths. Not any different to what we have now. Yet people want to pretend that it some new radical policy. Its not, its what we've been trying for years. Some make the grade some don't.

There is more emphasis now in terms of number and source as well as recent changes in the progression aims of Laszlo. Time will tell if it's a success or not.

I would suggets the only difference between now and the past is the manager is allowed to select who he wants.

I don't think it's quite as black and white as that but if that's what you to believe, then good luck

JennytheJambo
The bastion of truth the Sun has Rangers wanting to sign Robbie Neilson

Why? to keep Velicka company on the bench, oh I forgot Velicka doesn't even get near the bench!

Hopefully he doesn't leave. Don't get many 1 club players these days but Robbie has the potential to be that.

I never said it was black and white that's your choice of phrase. However, we have been poorly run for a long time, this is not some new master plan. Its bourne out of necessity due to VR and previous regimes running of the club. However, to pretend this is some master plan is quite frankly bolloxs.

The black and white referred to whether Csaba picks who he wants. You seem to have a fixation with the words "master plan". It is simply a plan to tighten the belt as one has to do when in debt. Every club and every person has to do this at some time to some degree. There is no choice!

In response to your response:

I think you will find I was quite against the way the club was getting run. It did not take Einstein to work out that spending more than you earn is not good practice. Hindsight is great but not as good as common sense!

I'm sure you were against it but from what date? The speculate to accumulate started after that Middlesbrough friendly and we were all so caught up in the frenzy that I doubt if anyone stopped to question it. I assume you have never had a mortgage or taken out a car loan.

Nope your right my initial reaction like most to Vlad was relief. However, certainly in his first season when the extent of the spending became apparant I was against it. We had got ourselve into a very bad situation and extenting our line of credit was the last thing we needed.

I thought so. Great while it suits you but ***** when it goes awry. Romanov was probably against it as well but once you have awarded appropriate contracts to get the players you want, you must honour these contracts or sell. If we had won the league and cup and had agood Euro you would have said he was a genius using exactky the same tactics.

Have you ever thought he was making a pigs ear of it? Geniune

question.

Yes but that would not mean I was right and he was wrong especially as I have never had the full facts in front of me and do not choose to believe the weegie press and disaffected ex-employees any more than I would believe Romanov.

With regard to your loan/morgatage situation. Mmm I have never taken in less than my outgoings. That sort of stuff is only going to lead one way. A bit like your expenditure being about 125% of your turnover. Only a fool would run something that way. Though I accept football has made a lot of sensible people look stupid.

That suggests you are always in debt so why complain about HMFC. If you simply made a mistake and got it the wrong way round, then let me tell you that there a millions of people who go out and buy houses that they cannot purchase outright and have to take a mortgage based on expected future earnings etc to give them a home. That puts them in debt and if they lose their job, it puts them in queer street where we were in July 2007, hence your so called non master plan.

If we paid players in the hope of the CL qualification, why did we not follow it through and instead appointed a manager who our owner made questionable remarks over, why not go the whole hog? If that was his plan go for it, we got to the stage of CL qualification yet decided to feck up by a meddling owner. I think you will find it was widely admitted that Vlad was influencing team selction. This was not necessity or anything else, it was a vanity project.

On the basis of what has been reported, I agree mistakes were made, especially re manager, but the rest is hypothesis. It was widely reported a few centuries ago that the world was not round but it is.

So you accept that your theory that this is all cost cutting is a hyposis and just your opinion. Good thats a start!

The cost cutting is not IMO hypothesis: it's the meddling (and extent) etc that is hypothesis. I have little doubt VR did stop players from playing and perhaps even required others to play but that happens everywhere. It will be interesting in this respect to see the extent to which other clubs play players who have signed a pre contract with another club, no matter what that manager wants.

Whereas mine has been confirmed by people at the club.

People still at the club (tell us more) or disaffected ex-employees?

I actually agree that the transfer policy is about to be born out of necessity, now. That in reality is probably the thing that may have brought some semblemence of order to the club.

UBIG will glad of your approval.

So I take it you don't want to address my point but just make a stupid sarcastic point. Anyway you might be suprised how much UBIG care about my opinion.

I've tried to tell you it has always been our policy: we are a selling club and will be until we get a bigger stadium filled to the brim or a mega rich benefactor. I certainly would be surprised if UBIG care much about your opinion.

With regard to us being a selling club. Your correct, we always have been and always will. However, we did not sell out of necessity we sold out of some other agenda. It was not to do with building a football club and believing we had no option. However, we always bought players we thought represented value, whereas in the VR years we have signed players merley due to their location, irrespective of quality.

Maybe you should have a wee talk with Chris Robinson about the sales of Colin Cameron and Antti Niemi. You mean locations like South America, Russia, Portugal, Hungary, Finland, Romania, Greece, England etc or do you just mean Lithuania?

I have and my point still stands. Have Vlads decisions been with the best intersest of the club of Hearts or a seperate agenda?

And Chris Robinson told you Cameron and Niemi were not sold out of necessity. Well blow me down with a feather. I'm sure UBIG do things in the best interests of UBIG and hopefully that will benefit the team along the way. If it doesn't there is nothing we can do except be grateful that we still have a club, a stadium and won the Scottish cup in 2006.

No I mean location like Kaunas! I don't really give a feck about a players nationality but merely their ability. Perhaps a philispohy that the certain people, and fans, at the club should try!

Kaunus (is that not Lithuania?) has been only one source of players and we have signed others of questionable ability eg Makela, Pinilla. We have signed some duffers from Kaunus, that is true and some have stinking attitudes (as did others) that we could have done without but that is a price we had to pay for not being at Murrayfield etc.

Also if you want to accuse me of being xenophobic at least have the balls to say it!

I did not say you were xenophobic and could not care less either.

Also why is there more of emphasis now in our youth set-up? We have always tended to have 4-5 players that have come from the youths. Not any different to what we have now. Yet people want to pretend that it some new radical policy. Its not, its what we've been trying for years. Some make the grade some don't.

There is more emphasis now in terms of number and source as well as recent changes in the progression aims of Laszlo. Time will tell if it's a success or not.

Why? There are a few word there but nothing to actually back up your point.

Well when did we previously sign boys from Australia, USA, Romania, Bulgaria, Iceland, Slovenia, Austria etc ? And CL has changed the set-up to allow normal progression from U17 to U19 to Reserves which will be principally U23.

I would suggets the only difference between now and the past is the manager is allowed to select who he wants.

The manager has the final say but freely admits he selects players after consultation with other parties including the owner, coaches, medical people etc. He might want to play someone but if others put forward a strong enough case you have to think that player would not be selected as otherwise consultation would be pointless or diluted at best. I would suggest previous managers wanted what some call "full autonomy" but Laszlo seems to believe it should be more of a team thing.

Archived