Matchday Mascot

Derek

Has anyone had one of their kids chosen to be a Matchday Mascot ? (no, I don't mean Teenie or Tynie !)

We got a phone call today and my son has been chosen to be Hearts mascot at Easter Road a week on Sunday. We've not had the "official" letter yet and I was just wondering what sort of day we can expect ?

Believe it or not, he wasn't keen until we pointed out it's the Sky match and he'll likely be seen on telly !

I know it's at Easter Road and wont be exactly the same as at Tynie, but should hopefully give us an idea at least.

Cheers, and an early Happy New Year to all !

Naw but i was a mascot for a Hibs game on my birthday (2nd Jan 1988!). 0-0 game, got a signed Hearts ball though and got to here Mackay, Levein etc swearing like ***k in the tunnel pre-game. Quite an eye opener for an 11yr old and for my Mum!

Anyone else ?

My eldest was mascot at Easter road many years ago and he was treated like a king for the day...take a GOOD camera and enjoy the day:xmasgrin:

Naw but i was a mascot for a Hibs game on my birthday (2nd Jan 1988!). 0-0 game, got a signed Hearts ball though and got to here Mackay, Levein etc swearing like ***k in the tunnel pre-game. Quite an eye opener for an 11yr old and for my Mum!

the ugly specky mascot must have put the players off as we were gash that day fth. p,s happy birthday

my boy was mascot at tynie last year in the 1-0 win against dundee united the pride you will feel when he runs out the tunnel is immense. can't comment on what will happen at easter road but hearts staff and players were brilliant with ben at tynie. he has to have his own full strip to wear.

I was mascot at Easter Road on August 22 1992, got the choice of that game or home to Motherwell the next week.

Was a great day, got a tour of the stadium, got my photos with the league & skol cup in my hearts gear, as they had won it the previous season.

The ref gave me the 50p after the coin toss!

Remember passin the ball about with Craig Levein before kick off!!

Was another 0-0 but Henry Smith saved a Pat McGinlay penalty!

Got to go in the Hearts dressing room at full time and got everyones autograph.

Great day, one i'll never forget!!

:xmashappy:

Thanks folks. I'm looking forward to the day, even if it is at Easter Road ! And I think my laddie now realises how lucky he is !

Cheers. :)

My sister was one of the mascots in the 6-2 game at ER.

Bit of a joke from Hibs IIRC. Maybe my dad will come on and give the details if he sees this thread. Changing in church halls etc. Shambles of a night from start to finish.

Anyone else ?

My daughter was one of the Mascots for the Barca game at Murrayfield.

Huge lump in my throat when the teams came out, guarentee you will feel the same.

hoof.hearted

Here's a wee idea for you.

Have a word with 'scotpix' photographer & ask if he could snap some pics of your son as well as the normal centre spot pose. You will then be able to buy them on-line for about 8 quid if any good. I never thought of this until after my son had been mascot.

P.S. Please no "can't take photos of kids" brigade ....... if that were the case then the photographer would not be allowed to take the centre spot pic either.

suzie_preston
My sister was one of the mascots in the 6-2 game at ER.

Bit of a joke from Hibs IIRC. Maybe my dad will come on and give the details if he sees this thread. Changing in church halls etc. Shambles of a night from start to finish.

My daughter was a mascot at that game also, I thought they were rather badly organized.

For the guy asking about details we got a letter giving details of time to be there and how many people could go with her, was tickets for 2 + my daughter.

She was convinced for years it was her fault we lost, wouldn't go back to ER for ages after that incase she brought us bad luck.

Was another 0-0 but Henry Smith saved a Pat McGinlay penalty!

It was one of the best penalty saves I have ever seen but it was Brian Hamilton that hit it, not Pat the Stalker.

Archived