your fave derby match

Chaps

well mines has to be the scottish cup and i think the 4-0 game at the start of the 2006 season purely because there was such a good feel factor around the place also thought the team could win the spl

Paisley Jambo

1. 4- 0 Cup Semi

2. 3-2 83-84 season on return to Premier League

3. 5-1 with De Vries getting 4

4. 4-4

5. 3-0 match after Wallace's takeover

1. 2/1/03 SPL Heart of Midlothian 4-4 Hibernian

2. 20/2/94 TSC Hibernian 1-2 Heart of Midlothian

3. 2/4/06 TSC Hibernian 0-4 Heart of Midlothian

4. 21/5/00 SPL Heart of Midlothian 2-1 Hibernian

5. 3/11/02 SPL Hibernian 1-2 Heart of Midlothian

6. 11/8/02 SPL Heart of Midlothian 5-1 Hibernian

7. 1/4/07 SPL Hibernian 0-1 Heart of Midlothian

8. 1/1/97 SPD Hibernian 0-4 Heart of Midlothian

9. 30/8/97 SPD Hibernian 0-1 Heart of Midlothian

10. 7/8/05 SPL Heart of Midlothian 4-0 Hibernian

And my five worst:

1. 22/10/00 SPL Hibernian 6-2 Heart of Midlothian

2. 8/11/06 CIS Hibernian 1-0 Heart of Midlothian

3. 19/12/99 SPL Heart of Midlothian 0-3 Hibernian

4. 15/10/06 SPL Hibernian 2-2 Heart of Midlothian

5. 11/4/98 SPD Hibernian 2-1 Heart of Midlothian

1. 20/2/94 TSC Hibernian 1-2 Heart of Midlothian (First ever derby)

2. 2/4/06 TSC Hibernian 0-4 Heart of Midlothian (What else)

3. 2/1/03 SPL Heart of Midlothian 4-4 Hibernian (Went with the mrs for her birthday - she talked me into staying at 4-2, needless to say we're still together :xmasgrin:)

4. 11/8/02 SPL Heart of Midlothian 5-1 Hibernian (First time it felt like we truly humped them)

EDIT - Was watching the 90 goals v h*bs DVD earlier today, is it just me but when I'm watching it the goals from Robbo just feel a bit more special

Captain of Hungary

No Question.

Just come up for last time from 1st div.

My first derby. (Id followed Hearts for 2 years in the 1st div having just become old enough).

Robbo had scored goals for fun to bring us up and everyone was asking could he cut it in the top league.

1st game was at StJohnstone and we won 1.0 thanks to Jimmy Bone, who taught Robbo all the tricks.

Second game was the derby. Hibs dominated the 1st half showing thier prem lge pedigree and were one up thanks to a goal from Ralph Callachan.

Midway thro second half Robbo gets the ball played to feet on the corner of the 18 yard box, turns Macnamara Senior and curls the ball over Roughie into the far away corner with his left foot. Ball hit post and bar before dropping inthe net like a stone. Roughie was like a statue.

One of the best goals Ive ever seen but never recored on television.

Hibs ran right up the park and scored again thro Willie Irvine.

Robbo replied two minutes later, beating Roughie to a thro ball to knock the ball thro his legs where it trundled into the net despite Mac senior trying to keep it out.

5 mins to go Jimmy Bone pops up with a glancing header to send us all home 3-2 against the Hibbies.

Best ever.

Easy has to be the 3rd and 10th Jan 2009 3-0 both games with Makalamity dropping into his own net in both games......:xmastongue:

winston churchill

first derby at the sangiro after mr mercer tried to flush them down the pan.

half time, lochend wimbeldon 0 heart of midlothian 3

and doing the conga up and down the dunbar end.

Obviously the semi final and the 5-1 are up there, but the 1 I still like is when we won 2-0 at Tynie. Think it was 2005 but they scored both the goals. What fabulous bait that was for winding up hobo mates. :xmashappy:

First time i seen us win at the dump 1978 2-1 Mcquade and O'connor i was 12 and only seen us win once before the 4-1 game another classic.

winston churchill
First time i seen us win at the dump 1978 2-1 Mcquade and O'connor i was 12 and only seen us win once before the 4-1 game another classic.

remember the frankie says relax tshirt from that game:xmasgrin:

The 3-0 win at Easter Road after the Wallace takeover. I was convinced Robbie scored a hat-trick but a couple of goals were credited to other players.

remember the frankie says relax tshirt from that game:xmasgrin:

Nah that was later on in the 80's O'connor sored in the last minute at the dunbar end-bedlam FTH.

Mines has got to be the Semi final 4nil win, with hartley getting a hatrick. The other is 5-1 with De Vries getting 4...

winston churchill
Nah that was later on in the 80's O'connor sored in the last minute at the dunbar end-bedlam FTH.

the electrician:xmasgrin:

Surrey Jambo

Great game, miss the old days of the terrace.

4-1 in 73 will always stay in my mind, having been at the other game.

Semi was obviously unforgettable.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

The 5-1 game.

I was in the Main Stand at the time and have never seen scenes like it when big Mark got his 4th and our 5th.

Wonderful day

4-1 in 73 will always stay in my mind, having been at the other game.

Semi was obviously unforgettable.

Totally agree mate, we should have scored 10 that day, so special.

Geoff Kilpatrick

There are so many favourites. In terms of importance, nothing will ever surpass the 4-0 game (unless we play them in a cup final :eek:). In terms of euphoria, the 4-4 game was the sweetest. In terms of incredulity, Fozzie on the fence wins, simply because my first reaction on the through ball was "Oh no, it's to Foster!". One tapdance later (and THAT legendary photo) and the rest is history!

I also loved the 2-0 own goals game for comedy value, simply because it led to Robert Lang's "50 ways" cracker of a thread! :xmasgrin:

JT's & Irons

I will take the memory of that day to me grave.

MENTAL !!!!:xmasgrin:

My first derby was 2-1 in 2004 at tynie. I think Kisnorbo and Hammil scored. Nothing will ever beat the semi though, to inflict so much pain on your hated rivals is soooo sweet :D

maroonlegions

apart from the big semi, Stamps last minuet winner, was there and the scenes of all the jambos going mental will stay with me forever, what a night after the game.:flag2::flag1::spongebob3::walk_man::flagwave:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Too many to mention.

3 that stick out though are

1. The Scottish Cup semi

2. 5-1 - Valois was unbelievable that day

3. 0-0 at Easter Road. Mixu misses a last minute penalty. It was special because there was only about 400 of us crammed into a wee corner due to them building a new stand. Felt like a win.

FTH

Drylaw Hearts

So many choices !

But in no particular order :

3-0 win in the first match after Waldo's takeover attempt.

4-0 in Duff Jimmys first match at ER.

The Semi.

Special mentions go to :

5-1 MDV and the 2 'other' hammerings we gave them in 2005/06.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
So many choices !

But in no particular order :

3-0 win in the first match after Waldo's takeover attempt.

4-0 in Duff Jimmys first match at ER.

The Semi.

Special mentions go to :

5-1 MDV and the 2 'other' hammerings we gave them in 2005/06.

Frustrating thing about the 4-0 Rix game was that it seriously could have been 7 if we kept the pressure on.

Drylaw Hearts
Frustrating thing about the 4-0 Rix game was that it seriously could have been 7 if we kept the pressure on.

Was it not 4-1 ?

Anyway.......

I agree.

And Skacel was immense that day.

No Question.

Just come up for last time from 1st div.

My first derby. (Id followed Hearts for 2 years in the 1st div having just become old enough).

Robbo had scored goals for fun to bring us up and everyone was asking could he cut it in the top league.

1st game was at StJohnstone and we won 1.0 thanks to Jimmy Bone, who taught Robbo all the tricks.

Second game was the derby. Hibs dominated the 1st half showing thier prem lge pedigree and were one up thanks to a goal from Ralph Callachan.

Midway thro second half Robbo gets the ball played to feet on the corner of the 18 yard box, turns Macnamara Senior and curls the ball over Roughie into the far away corner with his left foot. Ball hit post and bar before dropping inthe net like a stone. Roughie was like a statue.

One of the best goals Ive ever seen but never recored on television.

Hibs ran right up the park and scored again thro Willie Irvine.

Robbo replied two minutes later, beating Roughie to a thro ball to knock the ball thro his legs where it trundled into the net despite Mac senior trying to keep it out.

5 mins to go Jimmy Bone pops up with a glancing header to send us all home 3-2 against the Hibbies.

Best ever.

What a day that was:)

Dirk Diggler
Was it not 4-1 ?

Anyway.......

I agree.

And Skacel was immense that day.

It was 4-1.

Skacel was tremendous. I've seen some truly great individual performances against Hibs over the years and that was right up there.

I actually came home from that game feeling disappointed though.

We had a chance to do it (4-0 after 50 mins) and we failed.

4-1 in 73 will always stay in my mind, having been at the other game. :xmasgrin:We never saw it coming.:xmasgrin:

Archived