Webster

Ryan Gosling

Meanwhile, Scotland international Andy Webster has returned to Rangers after his nightmare five month loan spell at Bristol City.

The former Hearts and Wigan defender joined City in August but a series of injuries meant the 26-year-old was only able to make two starts for the Championship club.

City manager Gary Johnson said: "Andy was unlucky during his time with us because every time we needed to push him he broke down with an injury.

"He never really got up to our level of fitness."

GIRFUY.

:laugh:

The Old Tolbooth

Lets hope his injury only gets worse, but I must admit I'd also love to see that piece of 5h1t return to Tynecastle one day to play against us.

tartofmidlothian
Lets hope his injury only gets worse, but I must admit I'd also love to see that piece of 5h1t return to Tynecastle one day to play against us.

...give it a year or two, it'll be for Arbroath in the Cup.

Lets hope his injury problems continue :xmasgrin:

Be wonderful if he never plays at the hightest level again. :xmasgrin:

tartofmidlothian
He was young and stupid, i blame his agent.

Dont wish this type of anguish on a player who did a lot for Hearts.

I don't wish him lasting physical ill health or his career completely ruined, but I'd be overjoyed to see him spend the rest of it playing at a level below Hearts. Hamilton or Dunfermline ought to do it. Maybe Partick.

I don't wish him lasting physical ill health or his career completely ruined, but I'd be overjoyed to see him spend the rest of it playing at a level below Hearts. Hamilton or Dunfermline ought to do it. Maybe Partick.

Lower than that!

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wish Andy Webster as happy a 2009 as much as I wish Hibernian Football Club a Happy New Year!

Guest juvehearts

He never will be the player he was hoping to be when he was at hearts,

Took ??? instead of regular 1st team football,

I hope his career is over.................... oh wait GIRFU

He did no more for Hearts than any other player.

You may blame his agent, but he was an adult and he made his own decisions.

FWIW I'd expect rangers to pay him off with a free transfer.

Karma indeed.

Bet he ends up at Dundee Utd.

Could be right with Wilkie out of contract in June. Levein rates him thats for sure. :xmasgrin:

Oh, How my Heart Bleeds for the ****....:xmasgrin:

Hope he ends up playing Junior football, and driving Taxis for a living (Pat Stanton style!!) :xmasgrin:

To be honest, he deserves all he gets.

I wonder if in his heart of hearts he regrets his actions. I doubt it, he never seemed the brightest.

Bet he ends up at Dundee Utd.

I've said that all along. Levein feels sorry for players with injuries and sees it as a challenge to get them playing again. Like McFarlane and Wilkie.

His agent was a complete tube but dont forget none of this could have happened without the collusion of Rangers and Wigan and the 'blind-eye' from the SFA.

Webster was just a pawn.

Never forget he is living his dream as he did get to Rangers in the end. The longer he drains their salary funds the better.

Be wonderful if he never plays at the hightest level again. :xmasgrin:

I don?t see how he can. He?s been injured for 2.5 seasons now - that?s about the same time as Levein and I reckon it was only his injury history that stopped him reaching the real pinnacle of the game. No big club would take on a guy who couldn?t cut it at Bristol City, especially one who carries the baggage that Webster carries - What kind of influence would he be on the young players, they?d wonder...Webster is finished. I expect Rangers to punt him in January.

Cannot say I have much sympathy for him, but I agree that it was more his agent than Webster who I ended up despising. We all know Webster did not think of using Section 17 or whatever it was himself.

Paisley Jambo
Lets hope his injury problems continue :xmasgrin:

.. and he is joined by Aidan MickGayday and James Mickarthay.:xmasunsure:

A lot of players have gone to Old Firm and not made it. Bad decision but it was his. He wanted it when Burley took over - we did well not to sell him then. I don't really want to fault a man for pursuing what he wanted but it hasn't worked out.

I really hope he ends up at Hibs travelling to training with Rearend.

He deserves it.

Happy New Year Andy :xmasgrin:

A lot of players have gone to Old Firm and not made it. Bad decision but it was his. He wanted it when Burley took over - we did well not to sell him then. I don't really want to fault a man for pursuing what he wanted but it hasn't worked out.

I thought Andy was a great player. Why don't other Jam Tarts feel the same way about him? Couldn't we bring him back if he's out of favour at Ibrox? That would show them!

I thought Andy was a great player. Why don't other Jam Tarts feel the same way about him? Couldn't we bring him back if he's out of favour at Ibrox? That would show them!

Andy was a great player but he **** on us, from a great height after all we had done for him.

How about we don't take him back, that'll show him. :xmasgrin:

How about if he apologises profusely, meaningfully and sincerely to all concerned. Accepts he made a big mistake, made a tit of himself and let people down (including himself)

There's still an international class player in there if he can get fit.

tHANK FECK HE DIDNT SIGN A NEW BIG MONEY CONTRACT WITH US AND THEN GET INJURED LIKE THIS. wOULD HAVE BEEN A MASSIVE WASTE OF CASH.

Ooops. CAPS LOCK disaster there.

How about if he apologises profusely, meaningfully and sincerely to all concerned. Accepts he made a big mistake, made a tit of himself and let people down (including himself)

There's still an international class player in there if he can get fit.

He could go down on his knees and beg forgiveness in the centre circle.... and that still wouldn't be enough.... sheer greed has ruined club football

Archived