Velicka?

Charlie-Brown

Johanes de Silentio

In order for Velicka to sign for us, we'd have to pay Glasgow ****ing Rangers cash money.

We'd also have to pay Velicka considerably more, in terms of his salary, than we did a matter of months ago.

Sorry to say that I can't see either happening.

Jambo, Goodbye
In order for Velicka to sign for us, we'd have to pay Glasgow ****ing Rangers cash money.

We'd also have to pay Velicka considerably more, in terms of his salary, than we did a matter of months ago.

Sorry to say that I can't see either happening.

Says who?

Playing football is what he'll want the most...

Guest juvehearts

I got told from a source that he was a riccarton on sunday past there for 'talks'

if this was the case, then it would be a breech of conract from velicka or HMFC so i think that one is BS.

although i am prepared to be proved wrong.

I got told from a source that he was a riccarton on sunday past there for 'talks'

if this was the case, then it would be a breech of conract from velicka or HMFC so i think that one is BS.

although i am prepared to be proved wrong.

Unless we had permission...

"Rangers flop Andrius Velicka...."

He was a fantastic striker when he signed for them accordig to the press, lets see him become another dud if he moves to us.

"This is an interesting name," Laszlo said, laughing, when asked if he had an interest in taking Velicka back to Tynecastle. "A very interesting name.

"But also I have other names in my head. I have (an interest in] 12 or 13 strikers and I hope we can get one or two." Speaking at a press conference at the ground yesterday, Laszlo added that the list might well include a player whose surname began "with this initial", as he drew the letter V on the table.

Drylaw Hearts
I'd rather we looked for long term solutions than a short term fix. Not the answer IMO.

I think it would ok as long as it is only short term JR.

He does have a pretty decent goalscoring record for us and if we can squeeze another 5 months out of him then it would be worth it.

But listening to Csaba it's clear he prefere's younger players who can grow into the team.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think it would ok as long as it is only short term JR.

He does have a pretty decent goalscoring record for us and if we can squeeze another 5 months out of him then it would be worth it.

We certainly need strikers, and he's certainly better than the other options we have right now.

No thanks to Velicka, just doesnt make any sense to sign him again. It took long enough for him to find his feet in the Scottish game once before, and he's been out of it for months already this season. We'd have to give Rangers money for a player we'd be trying to improve for them, who'd have to go back at the end of the season as we couldn't afford to sign him! There is no guarantee that he'd even be any good either.

All in all, I'd rather we signed someone long term that can fill the void.

portobellojambo1
I'd rather we looked for long term solutions than a short term fix. Not the answer IMO.

Agree.

Drylaw Hearts
We certainly need strikers, and he's certainly better than the other options we have right now.

Agreed.

However.............

I'd prefere a new face tbh for 2 reasons :

1) The expectation on Velicka will be huge.

2) We would be taking a player off Rangers they clearly no longer want which would maybe free up cash for them to sign somebody they really do want.

I agree, but if we could get him for the remainder of the season along with A N Other, with some long term targets for next season then we could do worse.

Guest JamboRobbo
I agree, but if we could get him for the remainder of the season along with A N Other, with some long term targets for next season then we could do worse.

Agree mate. Mole or Velicka? :xmasgrin:

Most players that come back to the club after a second stint never seem to match up to the expectations.

This would prob be the case. Great 1st time round, 2nd time? i am not so sure.

Charlie-Brown

Unless better names come into the equation I think we'll find it very difficult to find a better / proven SPL goalscorer than Andrius Velicka for the limited amount of money we have available even if it is just a loan signing, he scored in his few starts for Rangers, he scored for Rangers reserves yesterday, he scored a dozen or more goals in both (part) seasons he played for Hearts.....

We already know he's a good fit for our team and players - I'd welcome him back. :)

"This is an interesting name," Laszlo said, laughing, when asked if he had an interest in taking Velicka back to Tynecastle. "A very interesting name.

"But also I have other names in my head. I have (an interest in] 12 or 13 strikers and I hope we can get one or two." Speaking at a press conference at the ground yesterday, Laszlo added that the list might well include a player whose surname began "with this initial", as he drew the letter V on the table.

Vagner Love ???

Unless better names come into the equation I think we'll find it very difficult to find a better / proven SPL goalscorer than Andrius Velicka for the limited amount of money we have available even if it is just a loan signing, he scored in his few starts for Rangers, he scored for Rangers reserves yesterday, he scored a dozen or more goals in both (part) seasons he played for Hearts.....

We already know he's a good fit for our team and players - I'd welcome him back. :)

We will have to pay his wages which will be a lot more than what he was on the last time round. I don't think he will be as cheap as you think. Also Csaba seems to have the dressing sorted out and all the players fighting for the same cause. Why bring in a player who is not getting played due to attitude problems ?

Charlie-Brown
Agreed.

However.............

I'd prefere a new face tbh for 2 reasons :

1) The expectation on Velicka will be huge.

2) We would be taking a player off Rangers they clearly no longer want which would maybe free up cash for them to sign somebody they really do want.

By that logic DH then you also wouldn't want Novo or Burke or Smith etc. ?

Guest JamboRobbo
We will have to pay his wages which will be a lot more than what he was on the last time round. I don't think he will be as cheap as you think. Also Csaba seems to have the dressing sorted out and all the players fighting for the same cause. Why bring in a player who is not getting played due to attitude problems ?

Interesting point. I certainly wouldn't want us to pay 10k a week or anything to him. I'm assuming he'll be on something like that at Rangers?

Drylaw Hearts
By that logic DH then you also wouldn't want Novo or Burke or Smith etc. ?

I'd take Novo but he's out of contract in a few months anyway.

Velicka has cost them a fair bit of money and I just like seeing them waste even more when they're clearly toiling.

Charlie-Brown

I don't know what your source or basis for your comments about Velicka's alleged attitude problems but he never had any attitude problems at Hearts, certainly not compared to wasters like Pinilla, Beslija or even Bednar & Nade at times, Hearts is where Velicka found his home and scored a decent number of goals in Hearts teams that didn't score a huge amount of goals.

Charlie-Brown
I'd take Novo but he's out of contract in a few months anyway.

Velicka has cost them a fair bit of money and I just like seeing them waste even more when they're clearly toiling.

The Herald is talking about Velicka being a 6 month loan signing - that would be ideal in my opinion.

I don't know what your source or basis for your comments about Velicka's alleged attitude problems but he never had any attitude problems at Hearts, certainly not compared to wasters like Pinilla, Beslija or even Bednar & Nade at times, Hearts is where Velicka found his home and scored a decent number of goals in Hearts teams that didn't score a huge amount of goals.

My source is a Rangers player and his attitude is the same their as it was at hearts. Difference is when he was at hearts he could get away with it because of VR's interfering and a stream of managers without a backbone. He is not getting away with it at rangers and I doubt Csaba would let him away with it either. Could be another costly mistake IMO and we would be helping rangers out. As I said no thanks.

I think signing Velicka on loan and another striker on a permanent deal plus releasing Tullberg would be a decent turnaround.

Charlie-Brown
My source is a Rangers player and his attitude is the same their as it was at hearts. Difference is when he was at hearts he could get away with it because of VR's interfering and a stream of managers without a backbone. He is not getting away with it at rangers and I doubt Csaba would let him away with it either. Could be another costly mistake IMO and we would be helping rangers out. As I said no thanks.

Rangers players famous for their great attitude......Spiers book about Paul Le Guen is an interesting read......anyway I never heard anybody complaining of Velicka's attitude at Hearts & Frail often praised his contribution, however it seems Hearts are looking at a 6 month loan signing so he'd be no more costly than Tullberg and give Csaba the chance to work with & assess Velicka's contribution, I don't see how anybody could have a problem with that.

would he be able to play for three teams in a year? Viking, rangers and hearts?

I would say no!

Different transfer windows, different rules apply.

i would welcome him back but know that what dazo says is 100% as his source is genuine and we do not need any big time charlies upsetting the team spirit

Rangers players famous for their great attitude......Spiers book about Paul Le Guen is an interesting read......anyway I never heard anybody complaining of Velicka's attitude at Hearts & Frail often praised his contribution, however it seems Hearts are looking at a 6 month loan signing so he'd be no more costly than Tullberg and give Csaba the chance to work with & assess Velicka's contribution, I don't see how anybody could have a problem with that.

You do remember what happened to people who complained at hearts in those days ?

I would rather we looked elsewhere but I wouldn't bawl my eyes out if we got him on a 6month deal. As long as he rattled a few in against the ****.

Different transfer windows, different rules apply.

Fair enough, still don't really want him. there is something not right about the whole deal with him going to viking then rangers so quickly

You do remember what happened to people who complained at hearts in those days ?

I would rather we looked elsewhere but I wouldn't bawl my eyes out if we got him on a 6month deal. As long as he rattled a few in against the ****.

I'm with you. I'd like us to look elsewhere however if Velicka lines up against the Vermin I'm not going to cut myself.

Charlie-Brown
would he be able to play for three teams in a year? Viking, rangers and hearts?

I would say no!

Interesting point, when did he play his last game for Viking? Rangers had this very same problem with Cousin last January.....I think the period is 1st July to 1st July ? Can anybody confirm?

Interesting point, when did he play his last game for Viking? Rangers had this very same problem with Cousin last January.....I think the period is 1st July to 1st July ? Can anybody confirm?

Again - different transfer windows.

The deal was done in june I think but if I remember correctly was the transfer not delayed to allow him to play for Viking ?

Again - different transfer windows.

You sure that matters ? I thought it was like Charlie suggested it was a calender year from july to july ?

You sure that matters ? I thought it was like Charlie suggested it was a calender year from july to july ?

I think so. The same scenario came up when O'Connor was being linked with a move to us.

I'll admit I'm wrong if I'm proven to be though.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

How much will he cost?

We need a goal scorer so I would bite their hand off, tbh.

He's already played for Hearts and knows a lot of the players so wouldn't need time to settle in.

Perfect signing at this moment in time.

Archived