Victims of our reputation.

Victorian

i think we are now seeing some of more unscrupulous characters in the SPL (the latest being the cheating swines of aberdeen fc) deliberately setting out to take advantage of weak / 'friendly' referees and assistants.

football players and managers can say what they like about how honest they all are and how much they despise cheating and unsporting behaviour but at the end of the day, they will seek to gain an advantage for themselves at all costs. i don't think it's stretching things too far at all to say that it's entirely possible that certain people are now looking for opportunities to stitch us up by feigning headbutts, goading players into bookings, diving about the place, etc etc. just take a look at what happened during THAT incident at the sheep dippers on saturday. as soon as it all kicks off and the referee's attention has been secured, serial cheat jamie langfield is across holding back a whole bunch of his team mates with what seems to me to be a very eager look on his cheating dish.

others apart from that shower have tried various things on with us for quite some time now, including lee wilkie when he got zaliukas sent off at tannadice last season when he feigned an arm in the face.

unfortunately i don't see any end to it as long as the scottish refereeing fraternity are so gullible / blind / stupid or downright willing to fall for all the dirty tricks that are perpetrated against us.

PresidentRomanov

Ever since Miko dived against the honest Scottish laddies, Hearts have been getting special treatment from almost all referees.

Ever since Miko dived against the honest Scottish laddies, Hearts have been getting special treatment from almost all referees.

yes i agree but this point is more about other teams, players and managers. i honestly think it's very possible that some see us as an easy target regarding conning officials. it's been going on for ages now.

i think we are now seeing some of more unscrupulous characters in the SPL (the latest being the cheating swines of aberdeen fc) deliberately setting out to take advantage of weak / 'friendly' referees and assistants.

football players and managers can say what they like about how honest they all are and how much they despise cheating and unsporting behaviour but at the end of the day, they will seek to gain an advantage for themselves at all costs. i don't think it's stretching things too far at all to say that it's entirely possible that certain people are now looking for opportunities to stitch us up by feigning headbutts, goading players into bookings, diving about the place, etc etc. just take a look at what happened during THAT incident at the sheep dippers on saturday. as soon as it all kicks off and the referee's attention has been secured, serial cheat jamie langfield is across holding back a whole bunch of his team mates with what seems to me to be a very eager look on his cheating dish.

others apart from that shower have tried various things on with us for quite some time now, including lee wilkie when he got zaliukas sent off at tannadice last season when he feigned an arm in the face.

unfortunately i don't see any end to it as long as the scottish refereeing fraternity are so gullible / blind / stupid or downright willing to fall for all the dirty tricks that are perpetrated against us.

Agree with a lot of what you say but what angers me more is the fact that 'lillywhite' managers like Tango man state at their post-match press reviews that he thought Brines handled the situation very well.......and, even worse, Brines gets a 7/10 rating for his performance in the Sunday Post !!!!

I wasn't there but the Hearts commentary team thought he'd be luck y to get 3/10.

Its been going on for far longer than that IMO.

It was noticable when Levein had that spat with the SFA after the Dougie McDonald "stopped counting after his 94th mistake" game at Rugby Park, got a lot worse after we kicked up a stink about Andy Davies, went into overdrive when Vlad had his uber rant about "stepping aside at the gateway to hell" and almost combusted when Miko dived at Hampden.

I was actually thinking that it was starting to ease off this season as well (as Vlad doesn't say much about it these days) until the last few weeks when its started all over again firstly at Love Street when the 4th Official got Stewart sent off and then when the penalty v Aberdeen was overturned.

Yep, we've had plenty players scythe down the likes of Miko in a nasty challenge then immediately berate the felled player and make the 'diving' motion. Worse thing is, the likes of **** like Diamond and Wilkie have got away with it, such are our refs desperation to chuck cards at Hearts players.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but various commentators and reporters have noticed this trend - and with the old firm myopia that exists in the wegia, their must be something if that lot have noticed.

Firstly, I'm always gobsmacked that the SFA have accorded themselves this additional special power to fine clubs who don't meet required standards of discipline. It's based on a false premise of even-handedness which patently doesn't exist. In any case, red-cards and time spent serving suspensions are already sufficient punishment for these offences. Whose bright idea was this and when did it first come into being ?

Secondly, the SFA and the media are now building up a sufficient head-of-steam on "the Hearts discipline issue"... that a points deduction this season (I believe they also have this power) should not surprise any of us in the least. How sweet it would be for the SFA/GFA to deny us a euro-slot at the death, by a swinging 3 or 6 point deduction. The SFA and the media now have all the "evidence" to hand from Davisgate onwards, in order to have us hung drawn and quartered in their own kangaroo-court. You can be sure that no other football or media commentators would offer an ounce of support, they'd be far too busy getting in their self-righteous kicks and punches.

Freakin' bsstrds.

The referee never gave Aberdeen two fairly stonewall looking penalties.

Still, Zaliukas should only have received a second yellow for the 'spat' in the penalty box.

The referee never gave Aberdeen two fairly stonewall looking penalties.

Still, Zaliukas should only have received a second yellow for the 'spat' in the penalty box.

You're a bit daft aren't you?

You're a bit daft aren't you?

Just saw the highlights.

Zaliukas didn't deserve a straight red. Is that daft?

But he did shove Mackie over in the box, and Stewart took the same player out in the box later on.

The ref was kind to Hearts if anything.

Just saw the highlights.

But he did shove Mackie over in the box, and Stewart took the same player out in the box later on.

how long before this miami vice wannabee is trumpeted?????

how long before this miami vice wannabee is trumpeted?????

sorry my apologies thought i was still in the 80's there??????

Wouldn't disagree we have a reputation.

Only one way to get rid of a reputation. Prove it wrong. Be whiter than white.

i've heard that theory many times about how we as a club should be whiter than white and try our damnedest not to give officials any excuse and so on.... and on the face of it, it does seem to have it's merits. but there are flaws to that argument.

1. why should hearts go about their business in a completely different way to every other club? why should hearts in some way handicap themselves by having to always operate to a different set of rules?

2. you can try your best to remain on the right side of whatever rules are in being applied to you but who says that will make any difference to the way officials and opposition players continually cheat the living daylights out of us? it could be argued that we would we virtually be asking to be bent over a barrell and routinely shafted.

no sorry, the onus is on the officials to be mentally strong enough to be able to make even-handed and dispassionate decisions in our games and not to be hoodwinked by the actions of opposing players, to be independent of mind to be able to judge every situation on it's merits rather than their decision making abilities being compromised by pre-conceptions, mis-conceptions, reputations etc etc.

the onus is not on hearts to receive fair and equal treatment, it should in theory be a right belonging to all clubs.

Just saw the highlights.

If Miko had went down lilke Mackie on both of those occasions he'd have been sent off = FACT

Mackie went down like a little girl, unless Zaliukas & Stewart have the strength of Superman & The Terminator combined..

So make not tackles, say nothing at all when a decision goes against you, do not appeal for a single decision?

And get 5 hat all over by other teams?

Do you agree we get treated differently because of our 'reputation'?

( a reputation that imo has been mainly made up from poor refereeing decisions)

A referee should go out on to the park to referee team A v team B and view the players as players no. 1 - 11 (in the old days:xmasgrin:).

If he goes out with it in his mind that this is Hearts, a team with a reputation that i will watch closely and punish at the first opportunity, then he is basically cheating before the game starts. Just like it is cheating when referees referee an old firm game differently to other games.

Do you think on Saturday when Jones (or what ever donkey they play in defence) goes in hard on Nade on Saturday early on to try and do what defenders do and show who is boss, do you think Berra should say to Fletcher, 'after you good chap', or do you think he should show him whos boss early on? It dosent have to be a foul, but as happened on Saturday no doubt the opposition will get away with it whilst Berra will find his name in the book.

I take it you will have no problem if our players adopt your whiter than white attitude and stand back and show the Hobos the way to goal?

Archived