Relegation from EPL

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

There must be some seriously good prices out there for who will get relegated, from Bolton Wanderers who are in 11th place to West Brom who are bottom, there is only a 5 point difference.

Never before have I seen the bottom half of that league so tight, and I reckon if you choose wisely then you could make a few quid predicting the teams that go down.

Who's your choices?

Charlie-Brown

A fiver on each of the bottom 10 teams to go down would probably still yield a profit come the end of season assuming the combined odds on the 3 that eventually do go down work out at 11-1 or greater.

Stoke

Portsmouth

West Ham

Ridiculously difficult to call though - even Hull are still in real danger.

I think the current bottom 3 will go down. West Brom, Stoke and Blackburn. :xmasgrin: However I'd love it if the barcodes got relegated.

I think the current bottom 3 will go down. West Brom, Stoke and Blackburn. :xmasgrin: However I'd love it if the barcodes got relegated.

Not with Allardyce in charge! Also have a hunch the Baggies will repeat 04/5 and get out of it: much less confident about that than Blackburn staying up though. Boro have slid into it too...

Not with Allardyce in charge! Also have a hunch the Baggies will repeat 04/5 and get out of it: much less confident about that than Blackburn staying up though. Boro have slid into it too...

Stoke are certs IMO. Dreadful footballing side and they've been figured out. They won't win away from home all season.

Boro should be higher up the table than they are. They've played a lot better then their points tally suggests. They'll be safe.

As for Blackburn Santa Cruz will be gone in January, and they have ?5million to spend according to the board which is feck all in EPL terms. Poor record at home and on their travels, and they don't have the players for Allardyce's brand of neck stretching football either. I think they'll toil.

Can see your point on West Brom but I don't think they have the goals to stay up. Though to be honest anyone from Wigan downwards could drop. A very interesting season.

The Old Tolbooth
Stoke

Portsmouth

West Ham

Ridiculously difficult to call though - even Hull are still in real danger.

It's funny you should say that Shaun, after looking at the league I came to the conclusion that a sneaky tenner on Hull going down would be a wise bet ;)

In no particular order

West Brom

Sunderland

Bolton

Three gash teams nobody would miss.

Sunderland may be a good bet, but I think Bolton haven't done bad this season, they should be safe.

No one has mentioned Newcastle! :xmaseye:

It's funny you should say that Shaun, after looking at the league I came to the conclusion that a sneaky tenner on Hull going down would be a wise bet ;)

Could be, could be! I'd be gutted for them if it happened, though. As long as Joke ****ty aren't one of the survivors, it'd be brilliant if two of the promoted clubs could stay up for a change.

If I were ranking the sides in order of their likelihood of going down, I'd go with:

Stoke

West Brom

Portsmouth

Middlesbrough

West Ham

Blackburn

Sunderland

Bolton

Newcastle

Hull

Fulham

Wigan

Manchester City

Tottenham

But boy oh boy is it tight - and in this strangest of seasons, 42 points could end up being needed.

The Old Tolbooth
Could be, could be! I'd be gutted for them if it happened, though. As long as Joke ****ty aren't one of the survivors, it'd be brilliant if two of the promoted clubs could stay up for a change.

If I were ranking the sides in order of their likelihood of going down, I'd go with:

Stoke

West Brom

Portsmouth

Middlesbrough

West Ham

Blackburn

Sunderland

Bolton

Newcastle

Hull

Fulham

Wigan

Manchester City

Tottenham

But boy oh boy is it tight - and in this strangest of seasons, 42 points could end up being needed.

Did you know that Stoke are the most relegeted club in English football (as of an old stat book of 1994 lol)

Did you know that Stoke are the most relegeted club in English football (as of an old stat book of 1994 lol)

Yes - from a Port Vale supporting mate of mine, who was most amused by the goings-on at the Boleyn yesterday. It's from her that I got the brilliant epithet, 'Tiny Penis' (Joke ****ty's manager).

Charlie-Brown

If Stoke are the most relegated club in English fitba then they must also be amongst the most promoted clubs as well surely?

Yes - from a Port Vale supporting mate of mine, who was most amused by the goings-on at the Boleyn yesterday. It's from her that I got the brilliant epithet, 'Tiny Penis' (Joke ****ty's manager).

Is there anything more pathetic than a Fail fan? I doubt it.

I'm sure your friend is loving life in the lower reaches of League Two.

I remain confident that Stoke can survive though it will be difficult of recent refereeing "errors" are repeated many more times.

Relegated:

Hull

West Brom

Portsmouth

Relegated from the Championship:

Charlton

Doncaster

Norwich

:xmasbabe:

The best value are probably Wigan at an incredible 23/1. THey are only 8 points clear.....

Other team I think are good value are Hull at 6/1 whi have won 1 game in 3 months after a magic start. I expect them to go into free fall and I wouldnt be totally shocked to see the same three clubs going back down as came up.

I think Stoke will finish bottom, then hull second bottom (did anyone else see them at Tynie pre season. Shockingly bad they were). As for third bottom, should be west brom, but I just think that monkey heid has sussed that he cant play football with his team and its better to fight. Thus he'll start sneaking a few wins. So, I think I'll go with Middlesbrough as the third team.

but its really hard to call at the moment.

jamboinglasgow

The EPL is having a great season, a close bottom half that makes it exciting, a team near the bottom wins a game, thinks they are safe then the next week another team wins and they are dragged back. I think that it is a very brown trouser time for EPL managers and i would be surprised if mark Hughes is still here by the Summer.

Top half are looking good, Arsenal and Aston Villa are fighting it out for the fourth place champions league place, Liverpool are actully doing a sustained title challenge, though I do think Chelsea will win it this year, but only just. Lesser teams such as Fulham and Wigan and Hull are filling in the top 10. Could be an exciting time.

Relegated? I predict

WBA

Stoke

Sunderland (I predict that Gordon will be bought by another EPl club, Aston Villa though this might be in the Summer.)

Is there anything more pathetic than a Fail fan? I doubt it.

I'm sure your friend is loving life in the lower reaches of League Two.

I remain confident that Stoke can survive though it will be difficult of recent refereeing "errors" are repeated many more times.

Relegated:

Hull

West Brom

Portsmouth

Relegated from the Championship:

Charlton

Doncaster

Norwich

:xmasbabe:

:)

And all after I've tipped Inter for the CL too! Nice to see you're a fan of Thugs Incorporated (on and off the field) - but I can't help but admire my friend's stoicism given the gap between the two clubs. Stoke won't stay up - but then, in all probability, neither will Norwich... :sad:

And all after I've tipped Inter for the CL too! Nice to see you're a fan of Thugs Incorporated (on and off the field) - but I can't help but admire my friend's stoicism given the gap between the two clubs. Stoke won't stay up - but then, in all probability, neither will Norwich... :sad:

Be interesting to see what happens at Forest. Comfortably the worst team we've played this season in the CCC.

Be interesting to see what happens at Forest. Comfortably the worst team we've played this season in the CCC.

They'll be better without Calderwood. It looks like Charlton, Southampton and AN Other to me - though with a bit of luck, Barnsley and Blackpool will drop into it.

The Old Tolbooth
hopefully newcastle will finish in the bottom 3. Love to see those qwunts go down!

If they play any more games like they did yesterday then there's a huge chance that could happen, they were absolutely murder.

I've been a Stoke fan since the days of Shilton and Hudson. Have seen them twice at Sunderland away and once and Newcastle. I also saw a thrilling 4-0 defeat to Luton on Easter Monday 1985 (the last season in the top flight).

I once had a Norwich City pencil case, a present from a great aunt. I was always slightly more pro Ipswich though as a girl in my class at school was from there and used to bring me the odd programme.

On the Inter front, I'll settle for the Serie A title again with progress in the CL a welcome bonus.

I've been a Stoke fan since the days of Shilton and Hudson. Have seen them twice at Sunderland away and once and Newcastle. I also saw a thrilling 4-0 defeat to Luton on Easter Monday 1985 (the last season in the top flight).

I once had a Norwich City pencil case, a present from a great aunt. I was always slightly more pro Ipswich though as a girl in my class at school was from there and used to bring me the odd programme.

On the Inter front, I'll settle for the Serie A title again with progress in the CL a welcome bonus.

I fear there are a lot of kids out there who, when presented with an item from Norwich's club shop, think "yellow and green? That's girlie!" We're not the most macho of clubs, it has to be said. Though I treasure my Wilkinson Sword Norwich Premiership razor - and when I finally removed it from its packaging over six years after buying it (I swore I wouldn't use it until we went back up), our results were suddenly transformed! Hmm, I wonder where I put it...?

Re: Inter - thing is, will that be Moratti's perspective too? I'm really confident you'll beat Man Utd in any case - but Mourinho's there to win the CL, and can't have more than three seasons in which to do it (and demonstrate clear European progress in the meantime), I'd have thought?

I fear there are a lot of kids out there who, when presented with an item from Norwich's club shop, think "yellow and green? That's girlie!" We're not the most macho of clubs, it has to be said. Though I treasure my Wilkinson Sword Norwich Premiership razor - and when I finally removed it from its packaging over six years after buying it (I swore I wouldn't use it until we went back up), our results were suddenly transformed! Hmm, I wonder where I put it...?

Re: Inter - thing is, will that be Moratti's perspective too? I'm really confident you'll beat Man Utd in any case - but Mourinho's there to win the CL, and can't have more than three seasons in which to do it (and demonstrate clear European progress in the meantime), I'd have thought?

Moratti will be hoping to progress in the CL and then go a lot further. However, given the hostility towards Inter in the Italian press, like most of us, he'll be desperately hoping we don't slip up in the league.

Obviously, we hope Roma and Juve get dumped out of the CL as soon as possible too.

I am, nonetheless, looking forward to my first trip to Old Trafford.

Moratti will be hoping to progress in the CL and then go a lot further. However, given the hostility towards Inter in the Italian press, like most of us, he'll be desperately hoping we don't slip up in the league.

Obviously, we hope Roma and Juve get dumped out of the CL as soon as possible too.

I am, nonetheless, looking forward to my first trip to Old Trafford.

Isn't that a hostility Mourinho's actively trying to whip up, though? He thrives on siege mentalities and treating football as warfare. Beware Roma, by the way: they're my dark horses, and could be very dangerous as the tournament develops.

Isn't that a hostility Mourinho's actively trying to whip up, though? He thrives on siege mentalities and treating football as warfare. Beware Roma, by the way: they're my dark horses, and could be very dangerous as the tournament develops.

Mourinho is succeeding in exasperating the Italian media as they don't have experience in dealing with someone like him.

Roma will do very well to get past Arsenal if Totti is still out injured, as seems not unlikely at the moment.

Hull are dropping like a whores knicker at the sight of a ?50 note. I've got about ?130 in various places on them to go down.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Pompey looking like bet of the season if you ask me.

Sold Diarra to Madrid, Defeo signing for Spurs today, struggling in the league, drew with Bristol City at home in the cup.

NAP.

Monkeyheid - who is still going on about performances being more important than results (and it shows)

Stoke - absolutely awful team

Boro - Downing will be off , they're megabucks in debt (?98 million ?)and haven't got a bean to spend

I Hope it's

WBA...Monkey Heid!!

Boro...Southgate, Hate that Big nosed ****!!

And Pompey...Tony "the Alky" Adams!!

But I may put ?20 on Hull to go down, what odds are they for the drop??

Archived