Huddle or not?

hearts_crazy

Huddle = good or bad  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Huddle = good or bad

• The huddle is great, it shows togetherness and gets the team fired up before a game
    • The huddle is for ghay bhoys leave it in the weeg
    • St Johnstone

Just been thinking about the class of '05/'06 and their penchant for a wee huddle before the games. Do you think it made a difference? Does it bring out that team spirit and spur us on to greater things or is it just a silly gimick? In our new 'together' era is it right and proper to bring it back or is it just a gay thing that Celtic do?

Commander Harris

the "huddle" at hearts that season was a false show of unity.

this season we've shown unity and togetherness on the park in the way we've played our football, we don't need some silly pre-match ritual to show it.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
the huddle at hearts was a false show of unity. we've showed unity and togetherness on the park in the way we've played our football, we don't need some silly pre-match ritual to show it.

Correct and I reckon the thread starter is well aware of this.

Correct and I reckon the thread starter is well aware of this.

Maybe I am, maybe i'm not, let's have a poll about it.:xmashappy: As it happens I am actually interested in people's thoughts on the matter.

For the record I voted St Johnstone, can't decide whether it was good or bad. It's just that I saw Celtic doing it yesterday and it brought back those 2006 memories so I thought i'd do a wee poll on the subject, if that's OK with you.

The Old Tolbooth
the "huddle" at hearts that season was a false show of unity.

this season we've shown unity and togetherness on the park in the way we've played our football, we don't need some silly pre-match ritual to show it.

My thoughts exactly Mr Harris :)

we did it the game after jinky johnstone passed away (against rangers) as a tribute i'd expect.

we kept it going after that

if it was keeping it going i wouldn't have an opinion but why start it again?

i was a little torn

i liked it cos we were winning games that season, and there was something special about us that season.

i hated it cos of the smellies association with the huddle

i voted st johnstone cos i don't really care much for it, and think we should leave it now, in the past

The huddle is a copy of the huddle used in American football. In that case it is used for the QB to advise the team of the next play. In Scottish football terms it is an other step towards Americanization. Like mascots, and cheer leaders (dancers) which seem to be more a source of embarrassment than anything else.

When I refer to mascots I don't include the youngsters coming out with the team which I think is excellent.

Archived