Velicka

Captain Scarlett

Captain Scarlett

What a fecking waste of space he is at Rangers. Hearts are crying out or a striker and Velicka cant even make the bench at gers. (i know he is injured just now but he cant make bench when fit) Does any1 think it would be worth breaking the bank to get him once more??? Personally i think he will be thinking that the biggest mistake he ever mede was leave the maroon jersey. Agree????

He's probably sitting there thinking "this contract the Huns have put me on is great, another two years pulling splinters out of my arse will set my family up nicely. If you'd offered me this when I was back in Kaunus I would of bitten your arm off."

Velicka has a attitude problem something he was allowed to get away with at hearts. Smith will not put up with it though so he spends his days watching the first team playing football. I would not be shocked to see him move on in January, hopefully it is not in our direction.

portobellojambo1

My own opinion is he got a few goals for us, but he missed a hell of a lot more chances than he scored. In terms of anyone comparing him with the likes of John Robertson, absolute fecking hogwash, it is like comparing night with day, the guy couldn't lace Robbo's boots.

Did he make a mistake leaving, I think history shows the answer is yes. Would I like him him to come back, nope.

My own opinion is he got a few goals for us, but he missed a hell of a lot more chances than he scored. In terms of anyone comparing him with the likes of John Robertson, absolute fecking hogwash, it is like comparing night with day, the guy couldn't lace Robbo's boots.

Did he make a mistake leaving, I think history shows the answer is yes. Would I like him him to come back, nope.

On this we agree. :xmasgrin:

Velicka has a attitude problem something he was allowed to get away with at hearts. Smith will not put up with it though so he spends his days watching the first team playing football. I would not be shocked to see him move on in January, hopefully it is not in our direction.

My memory is pants but I honestly cannot remember him having an attitude...

I remember that he was tired/burnt out for a bit, but he'd played 9 years without a break or something daft so it was excusable at the time.

If anything, I remember him working pretty hard. I think... no?

Spot on.

One great day against Celtic doesn't make him a Hearts legend. We watched loads of games where he was anonymous.

I wouldnt have him back, no. I dont think he was good enough to warrant paying what Rangers would ask.

I did like him though, and thought he was a decent player. At least he was a striker...

Guest JamboRobbo

He did the best he could for us with the ability he had. Whilst he scored a fair few goals, the rest of the team he was playing in didn't.

I think Csaba is building a team for us now, where all the players contribute to the team cause, rather than their own goal tally.

Ginger God Is Back

At this particular moment in time given the choice between Nade and Velicka..its a no brainer..Velicka at least could put the ball in the net..oor Christian..well so far its one for half the season.

Not that I would particularly like Velicka back....

My memory is pants but I honestly cannot remember him having an attitude...

I remember that he was tired/burnt out for a bit, but he'd played 9 years without a break or something daft so it was excusable at the time.

If anything, I remember him working pretty hard. I think... no?

I am talking about his attitude off the pitch Redm.

On the pitch I thought he was lazy but he could score the goals.

Marmeladent?rtchen

If the price is right (i.e. Free) then why not.

But I do think there are others out there that could do a job for us thou.

Definatley wouldn't say no.

Obviously depends who else we are after but as DH says we haven't been scroing enough goals and he is a goalscorer. So aye, I would take him.

I read somewhere that the Lithuanian FA had asked Rangers to give him a break as he had played non-stop football for a number of years now due to his different transfers. Rangers agreed and thats why he hasnt been making any appearances whatsoever. Think hes scheduled to be available for the first team from Jan

News of the world has us linked to him today.

Another victory for the JKB school of journalism eh!

Tynecastle Valhalla

the guy is a ^^^^, hope he never comes back. he left hearts to go to rangers (indirectly).he should be forgotten.

we need to sign at least one goalscorer, one who works for the team and runs a lot.

glen looked sharp yesterday.

i have heard romanov does have first refusal on his next move was part of his original transfer so wouldnt rule out him coming back

I think you will probably find that Rangers signed him for the exact reason that he can't score goals for us.

They just had a different approach to signing him (tricking Vlad) rather than doing what the usually do and just offer one of the other SPL clubs a nominal fee.

If Celtic and Rangers want a player in the SPL, they will get him. It just may take a little longer with some clubs.

Webster, then Velicka.

If Rangers thought they could get away with sending Velicka down to Wigan again, they would have done; but they had to try a different method this time as some people were asking questions about the whole Webster farce.

And no it's not a conspiracy, it's pretty blatant if you look at the facts.

Drylaw Hearts
i have heard romanov does have first refusal on his next move was part of his original transfer so wouldnt rule out him coming back

His next move was Rangers.

Any such clause will have gone with that Transfer.

Drylaw Hearts
I think you will probably find that Rangers signed him for the exact reason that he can't score goals for us.

They just had a different approach to signing him (tricking Vlad) rather than doing what the usually do and just offer one of the other SPL clubs a nominal fee.

If Celtic and Rangers want a player in the SPL, they will get him. It just may take a little longer with some clubs.

Webster, then Velicka.

If Rangers thought they could get away with sending Velicka down to Wigan again, they would have done; but they had to try a different method this time as some people were asking questions about the whole Webster farce.

And no it's not a conspiracy, it's pretty blatant if you look at the facts.

As there are no facts it is, unfortunately, just another JKB conspiracy.

Selling him was a very bad bit of business. Think about this one - we paid nearly a million for Beslija and sold Velicka for 600k. Am I the only one thinking that was madness.

We have struggled to score goals ever since he left, but I'm not sure he would fit into the playing system of Csaba. Velicka was always at his best playing alongside another striker.

Selling him was a very bad bit of business. Think about this one - we paid nearly a million for Beslija and sold Velicka for 600k. Am I the only one thinking that was madness.

We have struggled to score goals ever since he left, but I'm not sure he would fit into the playing system of Csaba. Velicka was always at his best playing alongside another striker.

Velicka had a few good games in a 4-5-1 formation that I didn't offer anywhere near as much support to the striker as this one does. I'm prefer to sign someone a bit younger but for a year or two I think he would perform a fine job for Csaba Laszlo's Hearts.

siegementality

Velicka made it clear he wanted out of the clutches of Romanov, is he about to return to that, I don't think so. He's not being paid the peanuts he was back then so it's a non starter.

The mad boy only flogged him to 'prove' that his hair-brained scheme of showcasing Lithuanians at Hearts works.

1 out of about 18 isn't too bad I suppose :wacko:

He was only on loan at Hearts, Romanov sold him to prove that players could come over and then be sold on after proving their worth at Tynecastle & AV certainly done that at Hearts.

He at least knew where the goals were , and I`d love to see him back in a maroon shirt again.

PJ1 - I'm not quite sure why you are trying to compare Velicka with Robbo.

None of the previous posters (including the OP have come up with any comparison)

Having said that, I agree with most of what you say.

There is no comparison between Velicka and Robbo!

However, I'd be tempted to get him back, even if only on a loan deal for the rest of the season.

He can score goals (and yes I accept he misses some as well)

If Csaba is going to continue with a 4-1-4-1 formation, and Nade is out for any length of time then we are stuffed in terms of the lone striker role.

Velicka can play the role, and score as well.

as a wee aside, I noticed he is the player chosen to be in their calendar for the month of December, however Aiden McGeady is on the front cover of the Sellic one!

He would cost a transfer fee and his wages are outwith our new structure.

Bingo. Time to look forward rather than backward anyway.

plenty more strikers out there other than that dooshbag

Quite right...

We need someone fresh in. Chris Porter? I'd love him to come personally, decent player

Generic Username

Velicka would be great to have back if football operated the hockey style "roll on, roll off" subsitution lark because lets all be brutally honest here - despite scoring a few goals here and there he was always out on his arse after about 4 minutes.

If we had a 100% fit Velicka then that'd be a different story altogether but that's about as likely to happen as Lee Wallace actually shooting a hobo.

Always thought Velicka was becoming suited to the `supersub` tag. He had a big problem lasting long in games if he started and you have a problem there if your looking for players who are going to take the team to a new level.

He fell out of matches far too quickly but it was recognisable the guy was a decent finisher.

According to the Sun (soft strong and very resilient) Velicka is definately coming back to us in January on loan but wont be allowed to play against Rangers.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2478195.0.Rangers_take_a_look_at_Bjarsmyr.php

Another who could go is Andrius Velicka' date=' the Lithuanian signed for ?1m during the summer, who could return to his former club Hearts on loan to the end of the season.

Csaba Laszlo, the Hearts manager, would welcome the arrival of Velicka, 29. The striker would not be allowed to play against the Ibrox men but could face Celtic, against whom he has an impressive scoring record.[/quote']

Doesn't really look like a story. Just speculation.

I would take him on loan though.

Guest iplseczed

Well said.

I didn't know what to make of Velicka. I always found him very slow and cumbersome off the ball. But he could hit the net when presented with a chance, which helped considering nobody else was at the time.

He was a rare positive in an otherwise negative era at Tynecastle and his services to Hearts were appreciated. But I wouldn't "take him back in a minute" as some have said. He's not that special. I'm sure there are better (and possibly cheaper) options out there.

Fozzyonthefence

I'd have him back even if only on loan for the 2nd half of the season, on the basis that he is far better than any of the strikers we currently have and he had an excellent scoring ratio for a very, very poor Hearts side. Could be the difference between qualifying for Europe or not.

The deal makes sense if he's not allowed to play against Rangers (sorry, Rangers FC, incase any of the loyal brigade are in). Add to that he likes to score a few against Celtic, maybe they think he can do them a turn for their fading title ambitions.

Archived