I've Just Googled "Irvine Jambo"...

Acey

Therapist goes away every year at this time, do a lot of scuba diving around thailand etc - just hoping he minds my duty frees

Selfish dog:xmasgrin:

You're not implying that Therapist has been duping people with some sick hoax about taking trip to Thailand? How low could someone stoop? :xmascrazy:

In Stanley's long post, there's a lot of usernames mentioned - none of whom strike me as familiar/regular posters nowadays?

Is this some kind of JKB witness protection programme, whereby they're among the masses of folk to re-emerge wtih new usernames?

Reading through the post, i can only see one username that doesn't post on here under that username anymore, and that person is me.

Generic Username

I'd be shocked if Irvine Jambo wasn't still posting here under a different guise.

I honestly wouldn't bat an eyelid if a piano fell of a roof and landed on his head then stray kittens came and ate the fragmented bits of his skull.

A creep of the highest order. Fingers crossed he gets anthrax for Christmas.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'd say that Godsajambo deserves more stick than Irvine Jambo.

What a fecking idiot.

He categorically stated that he had met I.J in a bar. Either a liar or a complete walloper.

You decide.

What a fecking idiot.

He categorically stated that he had met I.J in a bar. Either a liar or a complete walloper.

You decide.

A little from column A and a little from column B:xmasgrin:

Generic Username

What a fecking idiot.

You decide.

The man's a nutter aswell.

Don't be surprised if he was in on it from the get go.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This bit made me laugh as well:

Or Lee (Boab's brother and fellow WoSH member) who stayed at my pad after the 1-0 Derby win at Easter Road, how my Aunt Sabina's kids were asking him if he supported the same team as their father did.

Eh??? Did he hire mixed race kids to play the role of Irvine Jambos kids???

I'm quite gutted the WoSH boys never battered feck out of him.

I remember reading his posts after the whole thing on the Tartan Amry board and he was gloating and ripping the pish out of people who he had convinced.

Nonce.

Or Lee (Boab's brother and fellow WoSH member) who stayed at my pad after the 1-0 Derby win at Easter Road, how my Aunt Sabina's kids were asking him if he supported the same team as their father did.

I remember reading his posts after the whole thing on the Tartan Amry board and he was gloating and ripping the pish out of people who he had convinced.

Nonce.

He was never back on the bus after he came clean, mate.

To be honest, a couple of the guys felt especially aggrieved that they'd been lied to all along. Even up to the night before he spilled the beans, when he was still maintaining IJ was real.

Generic Username

Nonce.

Yip.

I don't buy the mental illness card. People who've got a mental illness, such as something like dillusion which IJ showed (or alluded to) aren't aware that they are suffering from these conditions so how can he start ripping into folk for believing him when in his mind he's been telling the truth off the bat?

The boys a complete bam.

The Kickback threads were far better than the Tartan Army one.

The TA board threads were classic, taking it right from the very first suspicion all the way through to the conclusion, although there were two threads running and only the one was archived (although I think that runs to 70 odd pages)

I can recall the first hint that something wasn't quite 'right' about it all. Somebody was following a thread on the TAMB and their posting of the same material over here was deemed to be 'tasteless'

Further postings on the same subject - the doubt about IJ's very existence- brought utter condemnation from many 'formerly reliable' posters

It was me that initially raised the issue on here after it was being discussed on the TAMB, and for my troubles I got warned by the Admins and then banned for a short time because of discussing the subject! The truth got out in the end though.

Chad Sexington

I cant hate the deluded fool who made Creag up because he gave me the greatest thread in JKB history.

I bet he's reading this thread right now as well.

:mw_tease:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I cant hate the deluded fool who made Creag up because he gave me the greatest thread in JKB history.

I bet he's reading this thread right now as well.

:mw_tease:

Too true. Sad to admit but my eyes didn't leave the monitor for about 48 hours.:)

The TA board threads were classic, taking it right from the very first suspicion all the way through to the conclusion, although there were two threads running and only the one was archived (although I think that runs to 70 odd pages)

Yeah they were good but I preferred the Kickback one since so many people were outraged that people were claiming Irvine Jambo didn't exist. It was all "Don't you dare say anything against the poor guy's uncle". Fast forward 2 days and it was a slightly different story.

People didn't seem to care as much on TA about Irvine Jambo but the very fact that we had a memorial banner, a youtube video dedicated to him, a Hibs fan jumping out a plane in his memory and people donating to charity for him meant that everyone was a lot more emotional.

I can't think of anything that would top it for hilarity.

as already mentioned, its the slow turning of the holier than thou brigade that makes it so funny.

Chad Sexington
Too true. Sad to admit but my eyes didn't leave the monitor for about 48 hours.:)

I kept running through the living room, in a state of delirious excitement, to tell my wife about the latest twist in the tale.

She feigned interest for a while before demanding I stop bothering her with all my "internet, nerdy crap". :sad:

I kept running through the living room, in a state of delirious excitement, to tell my wife about the latest twist in the tale.

She feigned interest for a while before demanding I stop bothering her with all my "internet, nerdy crap". :sad:

I remember staying up 'til about 5am on the first day it broke out. I was one of the early people (after Therapist etc) to be convinced as a TA guy sent me a few PMs about it. I'm not annoyed about the whole thing. It was brilliant.

The guy clearly has problems and should never have done it but no thread has ever come close to the exictement that that one (and the 2nd one) brought.

PS I'm certain Irvine Jambo will be reading this right now. He probably can't hide his excitement about us still talking about him a year and a half later.

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

She did have a point. :cool_shades: :xmasgrin:

Jimmy McNulty

Not a big visitor to the shed, so it seems I missed out on a lot of the story telling.

Yeh, I thought the guy was for real (but if I'd paid more attention to the stories in the shed, maybe I would have been less taken in). But maybe not.

A legend for the ages though. What a thread!

Although I'm pretty sure this isn't his first trip to Thailand this year.

It IS my first trip to Thailand this year. FACT.

Not my first trip to Asia this year though, having been to China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Philippines and Singapore.

I trust this clarifies matters to your satisfaction. :xmasgrin:

What a fecking idiot.

You decide.

Sorry if it's a stupid question but who's Godsajambo and what's he got to do with what happened?

Chad Sexington
It was brilliant when he chinned the bouncer.

Wasn't it a copper?

Laid him out sparko with one of his world class right hooks...but he then felt so guilty he stayed behind to nurse him back to consciousness.

It was the moment he let Jesus into his heart.

williams1.jpg

Carl Weathers
Wasn't it a copper?

Laid him out sparko with one of his world class right hooks...but he then felt so guilty he stayed behind to nurse him back to consciousness.

It was the moment he let Jesus into his heart.

williams1.jpg

Heehee.

The bouncer incident was a late night thread where he got involved in a scuffle outside a club (I think Stereo?). He might have actually have been on the receiving end of a bloody nose but that seems less likely than him delivering one of his world renowned right crosses.

I could be making some of this up, as I want it to be true - can anyone remember?

I seem to remember Irvine "The Patriot" Jambo decked a bouncer with one hit and was subsequently beaten up by plod. It all happened in the US.

Sorry if it's a stupid question but who's Godsajambo and what's he got to do with what happened?

Godsa was one of the members who ran JKB many moons ago,iirc

He was also the only person that has met Irvinejambo

I don't know Chad, but just picturing the guy in the avatar doing as described above has nearly made me laugh my way into an asthma attack...and I don't even have asthma.

My new single funniest post of the year.

May the spirit of Irvine Jambo bless you and keep you.

If only Irvine Jambo was continuing to run his office doing secret work for the Bank of England then the credit crunch would never have happened!

:xmaswoot:

I seem to remember Irvine "The Patriot" Jambo decked a bouncer with one hit and was subsequently beaten up by plod. It all happened in the US.

But luckily the cop cured him of his alcoholism by introducing him to the healing power of the lord our saviour.

Archived