I've Just Googled "Irvine Jambo"...

Acey

...and apparently, he features in the list of "1000 reasons why Hibs are better than Hearts" from gay.net?

#149: Irvine Welsh Vs Irvine Jambo..........

both story tellers but one talks about real things where the other ........

Now, apart from totally overstating the joke (typical witless Hobo), this dimwit's totally missed the point. Irvine Jambo will go down in history as one of the greatest sagas anywhere, on the internet, ever. He'll be remembered long after Irvine Welsh, surely?

Let's reminisce about the one true IJ, guys.

Here's some memory-fodder:

TA Board Thread

CyberSoulmate Profile

Our Scotland "obituary"

EEN comments - no article, though...

Unfortunately, most web pages from the time (e.g. the original KB ones) are no more. :(

Keep his memory alive.

Let's not let IJ die (again).

He passed away last week after a long illness, and a couple of days ago, as per his wishes - his ashes were scattered at Bannockburn.

That bit makes me crack up.

:laugh:

...and apparently, he features in the list of "1000 reasons why Hibs are better than Hearts" from gay.net?

#149: Irvine Welsh Vs Irvine Jambo..........

both story tellers but one talks about real things where the other ........

Now, apart from totally overstating the joke (typical witless Hobo), this dimwit's totally missed the point. Irvine Jambo will go down in history as one of the greatest sagas anywhere, on the internet, ever. He'll be remembered long after Irvine Welsh, surely?

Let's reminisce about the one true IJ, guys.

Here's some memory-fodder:

TA Board Thread

CyberSoulmate Profile

Our Scotland "obituary"

EEN comments - no article, though...

Unfortunately, most web pages from the time (e.g. the original KB ones) are no more. :(

Keep his memory alive.

I feel like Sandra Bullock in "The Net".

:cry_smile:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's weird, you would assume that he is pretty intelligent to have went to that sort of bother to make something as complex as that up.

When his picture was in the paper he looked like an idiot nonce.

If, in the future, someone invents some kind of ultimate-internet-archive thing which allows you to find ANYTHING that's ever been on the internet, I will pay whatever it costs, purely for the chance to find the original IJ threads (weren't there two of them?) from the old KB.

If, in the future, someone invents some kind of ultimate-internet-archive thing which allows you to find ANYTHING that's ever been on the internet, I will pay whatever it costs, purely for the chance to find the original IJ threads (weren't there two of them?) from the old KB.

It would be brilliant if we could get those threads back. The Kickback threads were far better than the Tartan Army one.

Still wonder who the guy in that picture was that was meant to be Irvine Jambo...

King of the North

Regardless of whether Irvine Jambo is the greatest internet creation ever or not....

Irvine Welsh will forever remain an overrated phoney who cannot write.

His novels are the emperors new clothes - he is a triumph of style over content - perhaps the archetypal hobo novelist, in that he talks a good game, gets plenty of hype from the media but ultimately is composed of nothing of any substance whatsoever.

Irvine Jambo, on the other hand...

I don't know much about how internet archiving works but is there definitely no way to find it using that WaybackMachine thing?

I would give it a bash but searching for the original URL brings up a really old version of the site so you'd probably need to try the actual thread address....

Guest juvehearts

you wont get the old Kb IJ threads.........................................

Unless the founder of this wonderful Hearts message board gives his permission to allow access to the old archives.

juve

I knew I should have written it down at the time. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Someone must have saved it.

In fact, I can think of one person who will definitely have done so...the man himself. Maybe someone who knows him could ask nicely?

I don't know much about how internet archiving works but is there definitely no way to find it using that WaybackMachine thing?

I would give it a bash but searching for the original URL brings up a really old version of the site so you'd probably need to try the actual thread address....

Nah - you need to log in afterwards, at which point you're blocked. :sad:

Nah - you need to log in afterwards, at which point you're blocked. :sad:

Pants. There must be some way to get it back... :xmaseye:

It would be a travesty if it really was gone forever.

I'd like a good timeline, please.

As far as I recall, there was a "he's dead" thread, then a "this is a bit odd" thread, then the "HOW DARE YOU SAY SUCH A THING" thread where it all kicked off. :)

I P Knightley

As far as I recall, there was a "he's dead" thread, then a "this is a bit odd" thread, then the "HOW DARE YOU SAY SUCH A THING" thread where it all kicked off. :)

I came onto JKB sometime around the 2nd or 3rd phase of it. There was certainly a commemorative or fund banner up at the time. Couldn't make head nor tail of the conversation and, to a newcomer, you all looked weird.

Dunno why I stuck around!!

Patrick Bateman

I'm sure his Bollywood wife would have something to say about this disgraceful muckraking. I spent 13 years working as an aerobics instructor at his Dallas branch and he was the finest boss I've ever had.

You people make me sick - Why can't I be allowed to grieve?

There was a website committed to proving that he never really existed. It was pretty much a page, which consisted of a list of inconsistencies etc.

It was like a really boring episode of CSI.

***EEN Article Found***

Anger as tale of 'tragic' Jambo revealed as hoax

To hundreds of Hearts fans, he was one of the most colourful characters among the Tynecastle faithful.

Creag Macallanniach - better known by his fans' website username IrvineJambo - led an amazing life before his untimely death from cancer at the age of 30.

A boxing champion and self-made millionaire, he had married a Bollywood star and obtained no less than four university degrees.

His tragic death prompted a rush of donations from fans of both Hearts and Hibs, as well as members of the Tartan Army, to Creag's favourite charities.

The sad news was also relayed to fans at Tynecastle during half-time at one game.

But Creag is causing a stir again a year after his death - after it emerged he never existed.

A Tynecastle season ticket holder - who had claimed to be Creag's nephew - has made a public apology, confessing to having invented his "uncle" and posed as him on the forum Jambos Kickback.

The hoaxer, who posts under the name Craig (WoSH), blamed his behaviour on a cancer scare which he said left him depressed and fearing he would die.

Craig(WoSH) is said to be Irvine-based Craig Allan, a 22-year-old bank worker and prominent member of the West of Scotland Hearts supporters' club.

In his confession on the website, Mr Allan said: "After speaking with my mother, I have been told to write this as I was trying to ignore it and hoping it would go away. I went into a shell, and began to lead my life online, create an online personality to escape reality.

"This part of my life is one I wanted to forget, and unfortunately it is coming back to haunt me, and is now going to ruin my life again. I won't be back at Tynecastle or Hampden for the foreseeable future."

Speaking about his decision to create the character, Mr Allan said: "I was just being a stupid wee boy at the time. I hope it hasn't hurt anyone and it has definitely done me a lot of damage. I wish the whole thing hadn't happened."

IrvineJambo had been a regular figure on the website for around a year before his "death".

The details of IrvineJambo's colourful life were revealed in a series of postings online.

After Mr Allan announced his passing, Hearts and Hibs fans donated more than ?250 to the Everyman cancer charity and a guide dog charity. One Hibs fan even took part in a sponsored parachute jump in his memory.

However, fans became suspicious as they began to realise no-one had ever met IrvineJambo, despite his apparent high profile.

Mr Allan confessed after one fan promised to check death records and another threatened to call in the police. The hoax has angered many fans despite the apology.

Steven Kilgour, a member of the Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs, said: "It is morally disgusting, and doesn't really matter if it's about football or not.

"The whole thing makes me quite sick and it undermines the genuine tributes to real Hearts fans who have died."

One regular poster on the site, who uses the name Coppercrutch, added: "I think a lot of guys are pretty annoyed at this, especially the ones who lost money."

Former administrator of Jambos Kickback, Sc*tt W*st*rn, established the memorial fund for IrvineJambo. He said: "This is a very delicate and difficult situation. I am determined to establish that nothing untoward has occurred and take whatever action may be necessary if the charity payments cannot be traced."

The current director of Jambos Kickback P*te Lindsell, as well as the charities Guide Dogs and Everyman, declined to comment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One man's verbose take on the affair:

I've been a member of a certain online community for about 6 years.

This is a community with a common interest (football) which is an emotive sport at the best of times, so all the users have a 'cause' that they share and things can get heated and euphoric in times of failure and success respectively.

Though I've only met a select few of those I converse with on an almost daily basis, you feel like you know people intimately, again through shared experiences, experienced separately, if that makes sense.

There was a poster who posted on this messageboard for years. For the first year or so, his posts were sensible, thought out and he was well liked.

He then shared with us that during a routine medical check, he had been diagnosed with cancer and was given a specific period to live.

What followed thereafter were intricate posts about his final weeks and days, his exploits (he'd chosen to live life to the full) his relationships (divorced father of two) and how he tied up all the loose ends in his life and made peace.

We lived each breath with him.

Then after a short period of not having heard from him, he posted 'Went skydiving today, the very last thing I wanted to do. It was better than I'd imagined it in all the years I'd been too scared to try it. Now suddenly, there is no time left to try it again. Cherish your life lads, it's only when it's taken away from you, do you realise what you have. Thanks for being such friends. Creag.'

Then followed another period of silence lasting around a week before word got round that Creag had passed away in his sleep.

A charity was set up in his honour, I never contributed to it, I still don't know why. Many parachute jumps were taken in his memory to raise money for cancer research. We all mourned the passing of a friend who we all felt we'd gotten to know well over the years.

That was around 18 months ago.

On Sunday July 1st, there appeared out of nowhere, a lengthy post on a different but related message board from Creag's nephew talking all about his uncle.

When the nephew's post received the usual kind responses there was another even longer post from the same person, Creag's nephew, or should I say Creag or should I say neither.

It would appear that one of our number had become suspicious of not having been able to find anyone in this last 18 months who had ever met Creag. This led them to research all the burial sites and crematoriums in Edinburgh looking for the final resting place of Creag Allen.

There was no such place to be found.

This had led to certain people being contacted and brought in to assist in finding where Creag's remains were.

They could not be found.

Finally a post by a different user of the same message board bore striking similarities to the posting of one Creag Allen. They were confronted or should I say e-confronted, and the truth was out.

Creag, who isn't actually called that, he's called Craig, is a manic depressive who created this online persona to win friends. It fooled almost everyone. Only when he told his Doctor that he'd done this and subsequently faked his alias' death did the doctor intervene.

I'll be amazed if this story doesn't end up in a national newspaper.

Craig is currently getting help for his condition and though I watched the whole thing from afar, I still feel a weird sense of having been sinned against. I'm probably just embarrassed that I was sucked in to the story.

But what a story he told.

(from http://www.martinbissett.com/)

Hear hear. We may have had our disagreements in the past, buy you have my 100% support on this.

Irvine Jambo - patriot, boxer, intellectual, multi-millionaire, father, and....er.....storyteller - I salute you. :xmasgrin:

RIP Irvine Jambo -forever in our hearts. :xmascrazy:

Is he (the bawbag nephew) still alive

As far as I know, he is*. :xmaswoot:

God took the wrong person....:xmassick:

* He may still even be on KB. :xmastongue:

This all happened before my time but I have to admit I enjoy reading over the Irvine Jambo threads when they come up

I can understand how it can be to get caght up in something, but did anybody at the time he was first posting think it was BS? I mean champ boxer, bollywood acress etc or was he really good at fooling people

did anybody at the time he was first posting think it was BS?

Me and a few other posters knew it was. The vast majority refused to even consider the suggestion as Irvine Jambo was rheir hero. :xmaswoot:

The People's Chimp
Me and a few other posters knew it was. The vast majority refused to even consider the suggestion as Irvine Jambo was rheir hero. :xmaswoot:

He was the poster I have most ignored in my entire time on Kickback.

Someone must have saved it.

In fact, I can think of one person who will definitely have done so...the man himself. Maybe someone who knows him could ask nicely?

He died though. :(

He was the poster I have most ignored in my entire time on Kickback.

Me too. I was fortunate enough to have a run in with him around the same time that I first noticed his posts....he came out with enough crap to convince me that if not a complete gobs***e, he was definitely a plank. I avoided him after that.

Had things been different, I would probably have ended up just as convinced by him as many others were though.

Needless to say, I like him a whole lot more now than I did then....hehe....

Here's a couple more Irvine Jambo things that are still in the archives:

http://web.archive.org/web/20061206124449/www.jamboskickback.co.uk/creag/

http://www.justgiving.com/jumpforcreag

hi, everyone!

i'm doing a sponsored sky dive sometime in september in memory of Creag, a man i never met but spoke to regularly on the hibs and hearts message boards (he was a dirty jambo ). for those of you who didn't get the chance to speak to him, he was a passionate nationalist, loving father, wise beyond his years, kind, patient, caring and an over all great guy. tragically, he lost a battle with illness last month and past away at the age of 32.

he once said to me that you should always try to take something good from something bad (can't remember the exact quote, but he put it much more eloquently than me), and this is my effort to do just that.

i thought a parachute jump would be the most appropriate way of raising money, as this was one of the last things creag did before his death, somethign he had always wanted to do.

so...if you want to help me raise money in memory of creag (or just want to see me thrown out a plane!), now's your chance!!!

hopefully i won't die - my mum's convinced parachuting has a 99% mortality rate and is refusing to sponsor me haha

(p.s. trev - if something's wrong with my parachute, the police will be at your door)

(p.p.s - thanks very much to Jill for all the help!!!)

(p.p.p.s. - thanks to diggers bar in gorgie for organising a collection jar!)

for those of you who didn't get the chance to speak to him, he was a passionate nationalist, loving father, wise beyond his years, kind, patient, caring and an over all great guy.

:xmaswoot:

Thanks for that Stan. I'm in pieces here. :xmasgrin:

I want a t'internet death. :(

I also want some gullible hobo to jump out the erse of a plane for me too. :(

Fair enough they are our city rivals, but really, don't see why their is that much hate towards them.

:xmaswoot:

Thanks for that Stan. I'm in pieces here. :xmasgrin:

:)

It is just a pity that godsajambo was the only guy lucky enough to meet the legend that is Irvine Jambo.

I P Knightley

loving father, wise beyond his years, kind, patient, caring and an over all great guy. tragically, he lost a battle with illness last month and past away at the age of 32.

He made out to be 32?

With multiple careers; a ton of kids; heavyweight championhips and all that stuff to his name?

Up 'til now, I'd assumed that we were talking about a 'persona' who was in his mid-50s.

Deary me. Can't promise that I wouldn't have been taken in but if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't true.

It'd make my Christmas if I could see a handful of those old, legendary threads.

This will be my first and last post on this subject matter, I am still grieving for the loss of my grandmother and uncle on the same day (I suppose that will require proof as well?) and I have no intention of reliving the grief I went through after the loss of my uncle Creag. The thread in question on another site is http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56912 I have to say I have felt a new emotion since I seen the thread - sick with anger.

I have to point out at this time that a few people I know outside Kickback have told me that [modedit] has started posting about my uncle in regards to the above thread. I have to ask him now if he had any concerns previously why didn't he come to me? I have never hid who I am, and that I was related to Creag.

Secondly I would like to thank "Moderator 2" and the Admin team who have given me their support, and who pointed out the above as well, and have given me the chance to post a thread about it without it being tainted with rumour. Thanks guys/girls.

There seems to be two points;

One - That I am my uncle. That we're the same person.

Two - That my uncle isn't dead.

Well, to start with, off the top of my head, shortly after my uncles death Godsajambo sent me a PM indicating that he met my uncle, and met him in a pub up Tynecastle way. I doubt Godsajambo would have set up the charity website if he had any doubts. Well, as plenty of folks on here will be aware, I am the man in the maroon t-shirt and kilt in my avatar. I look nothing like my uncle did, so Godsajambo will be able to confirm that.

Or you can speak to Jamboross98, one of the founders of the WoSH, on the first bus of the season who told me in front of a few folks that he spoke with my uncle on the phone (regarding the foundation of the WoSH), he also mentioned it at the race day we had in his honour. My accent is one hundred percent Ayrshire. Creag's wasn't, it was a mixture of Highland with a North American twang.

Or Flogel_No_7 whos wife's uncle was dating my mother at the start of the season. During this time my mother attended his sister in laws wedding reception, and my mother told me the next day she had a conversation with Grum (Flogel_No_7) about my uncle Creag and how he used to speak with him on here.

Or troonjambo who when first meeting my mother and my grandmother told them he used to talk with my uncle on KB, and who both told him they were still missing him. I also believe me and my uncle met troonjambo on the train home from a game long before the WoSH was founded but he can't remember (anyone who knows troonjambo will know that the states he gets in it's a wonder he can log on here after a game).

Or the fact that both of them (Flogel_No_7 and troonjambo) were in my home during the recent Scotland loss to Italy away when me and my brother started reminiscing about my gran, my uncle Creag and my uncle George.

Or you can ask Boab from the WoSH bus that every time he met my Gran, my Gran always pointed out that he looked like my uncle Creag before he lost the weight, and that my mum told him she knew his (Boabs) Uncle and used to run about with him (Boabs Uncle), along with my uncle Creag.

Or Lee (Boab's brother and fellow WoSH member) who stayed at my pad after the 1-0 Derby win at Easter Road, how my Aunt Sabina's kids were asking him if he supported the same team as their father did.

Or if the people on the T A Board want one of their own members, you can speak with sbcmfc (or something along those lines) who met me and a few of my "Scotland Pals" (Kenny, Hippo and Midge) in Salou, my "Scotland pals" are the friends who went to the Scotland games with my uncle and I. While in the pub we started talking about the Scotland/France game (could have been another), which led to a debate on independence, and then a mention of the Tartan Army messageboard. During this I told him and his good lady my uncle was khraeigh and I was IAteAllThePies. This caused my friends (who were also my uncle friends) to start talking about my uncle and saying how much they missed him.

Does anyone want any more examples of people who knew him directly or indirectly (through his family) or is that enough to end the rumour that he never existed?

I can go on to list the people outside the world of Kickback/Tartan Army Messageboard who knew my uncle. Unless everyone is invoved in what would be a sick hoax?

The main reason seems to be that no-one ever met him, well, as above Godsajambo told me he met him, I have no reason to doubt that. Plenty of people have met his family though and have heard the stories fom people outwith myself.

I have met many people from here, some as they wanted to meet me, some as I wanted to meet them and some purely by chance, and every time my uncle has came up I have answered their questions about him and his life. Ask them if they think my uncle existed.

Regarding point two, as someone who has lost a hell of a lot of family members in the last two years (6), well let's just say I don't treat death as something to make stories up about. Anyone that knows me will know that's something I wouldn't do. It just isn't cricket.

Not mentioning the people up above who have met my family and know the grief that still exists today.

This seems to be coming from two things - one that no crematoriam had someone of my uncles name in it, and that there was no intimations in the papers - again, check back to the most recent family members deaths - Margaret Bell and George Allan as the boys of the WoSH will confirm.

No intimations were posted in the papers for them either, and the funeral director keeps the strictest privacy. Why? Because my family don't like sharing grief as we are a close family and we work through it together, like families do. troonjambo asked to come to the cremation of my grandmother and I asked him not to, as we keep it a family affair. He was wanting to come more to show me moral support. That's nothing to do with my uncle though but it does show you the mentality of my family.

If they knew my uncles birth name then they wouldn't have a problem in finding it (the crematoriam). The "galelicization" of his name came after he found that second name in a family letter, he believed this to be the name of our ancestors, I don't think it was ever changed legally, I could be wrong on that score though.

I was told to pass a bible onto a member of the TA Messageboard, I did so, I didn't want to answer questions on his private life and one of the posters sent a lot of questions to me at the time, some which bordered on very personal. I didn't feel comfortable answering them at the time and I still wont answer them as it is not my place to, I believe I am in the right on that score.

If my uncle had posted details of his life then fair game, but I didn't feel comfortable in answering questions about his life, as I couldn't have been sure it was what my uncle would have wanted.

I also take issue with the point that some believe he was a "walter mitty" type character, to my knowledge my uncle never lied, it was against his nature, however I don't know what he posted and didn't know every facet of his life.

While some may want to believe that, I wont allow anyones views to sully the memory of my uncle.

I registered on here (well, that is a lie, my uncle registered me) so I can keep up to date with the WoSH and I couldn't figure out how to register, I think he had to email Godsajambo at the time, he also registered me on the tartan army messageboard.

I offered to meet with the Admin on the TA messageboard when these accusations first came up in January (I believe) but that was declined as I answered their questions. Again, I'll meet anyone that wants to meet me in regards to my uncle, you'll usually find me propping up the bar in the Westfields or in the Gorgie Stand - Section W.

This has made me physically sick and the Mods on here have been understanding and have wanted to put this to bed, while I was trying to ignore the comments posted I have decided to post. Why? Because my uncle doesn't deserve to have his memory any less respected, and I have built up a few friendships on here. I also wouldn't want anyone to think I am a liar/conman, especially since I am a banker within HBoS, as this could potentially damage my reputation as what I am being accused can be described as fraud. I was going to rise above it but after discussion with Mod 2 I feel it is better to get this out in the open.

[modedit]

Finally, I will leave this up to the Administation team, if they feel this is an appropriate response then they can leave it up, if not they can pull it down, but I ask that it is left in it's entirity if possible."

The People's Chimp

i'm doing a sponsored sky dive sometime in september in memory of Creag, a man i never met but spoke to regularly on the hibs and hearts message boards (he was a dirty jambo ). for those of you who didn't get the chance to speak to him, he was a passionate nationalist, loving father, wise beyond his years, kind, patient, caring and an over all great guy. tragically, he lost a battle with illness last month and past away at the age of 32.

he once said to me that you should always try to take something good from something bad (can't remember the exact quote, but he put it much more eloquently than me), and this is my effort to do just that.

i thought a parachute jump would be the most appropriate way of raising money, as this was one of the last things creag did before his death, somethign he had always wanted to do.

Absolutely fecking hilarious. What a pot of keich. :rofl:

Patrick Bateman

Shouldn't you be enjoying ****et/ the rest of Thailand?

I P Knightley
Shouldn't you be enjoying ****et/ the rest of Thailand?

You're not implying that Therapist has been duping people with some sick hoax about taking trip to Thailand? How low could someone stoop? :xmascrazy:

In Stanley's long post, there's a lot of usernames mentioned - none of whom strike me as familiar/regular posters nowadays?

Is this some kind of JKB witness protection programme, whereby they're among the masses of folk to re-emerge wtih new usernames?

Patrick Bateman
You're not implying that Therapist has been duping people with some sick hoax about taking trip to Thailand? How low could someone stoop? :xmascrazy:

I would never do such a thing! Although I'm pretty sure this isn't his first trip to Thailand this year. I can't understand why someone would repeatedly visit the same place unless they really, really enjoyed the local culture. I guess there must be something Thailand offers that he can't get anywhere else.

I would never do such a thing! Although I'm pretty sure this isn't his first trip to Thailand this year. I can't understand why someone would repeatedly visit the same place unless they really, really enjoyed the local culture. I guess there must be something Thailand offers that he can't get anywhere else.

In the lads defence, he's gone there with his wife.

Unless there's some sort of pun in his trips to 'Phuket'.

Patrick Bateman

Just thought I'd let people know that I'm writing this message on my Blackberry on the Copacabana whilst Odysseus Towers is being restored to it's majestic glory.

It was hard choosing between my penthouse in Rio and the Chateux in Sion, but I think I've made the right choice.

I think a lot of the 'old' posters may have actually left after the last big JKB crash. I think it all went a bit sour around that time - what with the IJ Fiasco, the virtual collapse of the football team itself and the subsequent descent into childish bickering that seems to have ruined nearly every thread ever since !

I can recall the first hint that something wasn't quite 'right' about it all.

Somebody was following a thread on the TAMB and their posting of the same material over here was deemed to be 'tasteless'

Further postings on the same subject - the doubt about IJ's very existence- brought utter condemnation from many 'formerly reliable' posters :xmasgrin:

I think the final embarrassing outcome put quite a few people into hiding for a day or so :xmaswoot:

I have to admit to putting a ?5 into the dug fund myself :xmaseye: so I just hope it went to a good cause at the end of the day !

Bomber Harris

Therapist goes away every year at this time, do a lot of scuba diving around thailand etc - just hoping he minds my duty frees

Archived