Well face charges over call-off

Praha06

First of all apologies if already posted, I did check the first page and couldnt see this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7792293.stm

The article doesn't stipulate exactly what punishment will be meted out to Motherwell and indeed Killie but what are the chances it will be a points reduction?

Don't think a points reductions in the offing, It will be the usual pointless fine.

Personally i'd have the losers relegated,

Can't see them getting a points reduction, think it will just be a fine if anything.

What should be happening is the game should have been switched to tynecastle, that way they loose out on revenue, which is as good as a fine, and also takes away their advantage of a home game, or both a fine and points reduction. Motherwell have been warned more than enough times in the past, different if it was a one off.

Aye, I agree it will most probably be a pointless ?5k fine or something, (that would bankrupt us though would it not? :P).

The reason I mention a points reduction is that I am sure McGhee suggested in a recent interview that they had been warned about postponements at Fir Park and that a possible points reduction would be a future penalty.

I'd pobably expect a small fine first time round but points deductions for persistent offenders.

but Murderwell are persistant offenders

Mark McGhee definately sounded genuinely concerned about points reductions for future offences, and he was referring to last season as to when they were warned.

but Murderwell are persistant offenders

Yes , but they have never been fined for this before( to the best of my knowledge) The ruling on this case should set the precedent for all future rulings on clubs who fail to meet specified requirements.

it will be a fine, and quite rightly so.

the rules are in place for a reason and that reason is to prevent clubs from buggering about trying to save money by not using their undersoil heating. what better way to discourage miserly clubs from putting matches at risk in this way than to hit them in the pocket.

by rights it should be openly known what the sanction will be in advance but with this being the secretive world of scottish football, that's never going to happen.

yorkshire jambo
Can't see them getting a points reduction, think it will just be a fine if anything.

What should be happening is the game should have been switched to tynecastle, that way they loose out on revenue, which is as good as a fine, and also takes away their advantage of a home game, or both a fine and points reduction. Motherwell have been warned more than enough times in the past, different if it was a one off.

Problem is,switching the game to tynecastle would give hearts a home advantage,every other team in the league would moan that this was unfair.I think a hefty fine and possibly a neutral venue with a 50/50 ticket allocation would be more realistic......

Archived