What Has Happend To Irn Bru?

Guest juvehearts

Guest juvehearts

Its honking now,

i had a can this morning, ice cold & their was no taste to it.

i remember years ago the taste was amazing & it was much sweeter.

just another product thats went right down hill.

even red kola aint the same anymore :(

well gutted

juve

I used to be seriously addicted to diet Irn Bru. A litre a day (at least). I used to really crave it, I don't drink tea or coffee so it was probably the caffine I was after.

Then one time I left some in a cup at work over the Xmas holidays and when I came back to work it had turned into a lump of orange jelly. I thought maybe this stuff isn't so good for me so I went cold turkey and gave it up. I can still remember how good it was to drink an ice cold one though. I'll hold the thought that it's not as good as it used to be if I ever get tempted again.

I used to be seriously addicted to diet Irn Bru. A litre a day (at least). I used to really crave it, I don't drink tea or coffee so it was probably the caffine I was after.

Then one time I left some in a cup at work over the Xmas holidays and when I came back to work it had turned into a lump of orange jelly. I thought maybe this stuff isn't so good for me so I went cold turkey and gave it up. I can still remember how good it was to drink an ice cold one though. I'll hold the thought that it's not as good as it used to be if I ever get tempted again.

DIET?!? WTF? You one of these fatties that think diet juice actually saves you any calories?

Anyway, for some reason the canned stuff is much sweeter than the glass bottles. Weird but true. I prefer the glass bottles outta the BBQ chippy. Only 4 days to go until I get home and can have a proper fish supper, brown sauce and botle of bru. Cannae wait....

You shouldn't drink Irn Bru, it turns your hair ginger! Thats what i was told when i was young and it put me off for life. Red Kola ****es all over Irn Bru anyway. :xmascrazy:

You shouldn't drink Irn Bru, it turns your hair ginger! Thats what i was told when i was young and it put me off for life. Red Kola ****es all over Irn Bru anyway. :xmascrazy:

Aye right then ya tool Irn Bru 4 Life

Its honking now,

i had a can this morning, ice cold & their was no taste to it.

i remember years ago the taste was amazing & it was much sweeter.

just another product thats went right down hill.

even red kola aint the same anymore :(

well gutted

juve

Too right! I've noticed this in recent times too. Especially with a hangover, it just isn't the same anymore. We should put this to the vote...

My Fizzy Juice top 10;

10\-Cream Soda

9\-Dr Pepper

8\-Appletise

7\-Shandy Bass

6\-Ginger Beer

5\-Regular Coke

4\-Cherry Coke

3\-Irn Bru (normal...not Diet)

2\-Mountain Dew

1\-Pepsi Max

.... I think they put something in Pepsi Max to make it addictive...I can't get enough of it!

Anyway....enough of the juices....it's Miller time!

My Fizzy Juice top 10;

10\-Cream Soda

9\-Dr Pepper

8\-Appletise

7\-Shandy Bass

6\-Ginger Beer

5\-Regular Coke

4\-Cherry Coke

2\-Mountain Dew

1\-Pepsi Max

.... I think they put something in Pepsi Max to make it addictive...I can't get enough of it!

It is addictive mate.. I drink quiet alot of it aswell.. It gotta be ice cold though:xmaswoot:

Cans of irn bru are rank, It glass bottles all the way for me..:xmastongue:

I dont think Irn Bru does well in a can either and its definetly not the same drink it was 5 years ago, even in a bottle.

My misses reckons they've been told to take some key ingredient out of it which was suspected of being carcenogenic(sp)

Diet coke for me, but I have a hell of a hard job staying calm if there's none in the house. Cant be a good sign of whats likely to be in it either.

Daydream Believer
My Fizzy Juice top 10;

10\-Cream Soda

9\-Dr Pepper

8\-Appletise

7\-Shandy Bass

6\-Ginger Beer

5\-Regular Coke

4\-Cherry Coke

2\-Mountain Dew

1\-Pepsi Max

I call this Appletise Too!!!

I've had this argument before that it used to be called this and never found anyone who remembers. It's Appletiser now.

Irn bru isnt the same anymore.

agree with the poster who said it had lost the 'peppery kick'. Agreed it is too fruity.

Likewise with Tizer which is rank now. It used to be bright red now its pink and watery looking and tastes like lilt.

DIET?!? WTF? You one of these fatties that think diet juice actually saves you any calories?

Anyway, for some reason the canned stuff is much sweeter than the glass bottles. Weird but true. I prefer the glass bottles outta the BBQ chippy. Only 4 days to go until I get home and can have a proper fish supper, brown sauce and botle of bru. Cannae wait....

heh heh diet irn-bru and a pizza :) The reason I drunk diet is that I couldn't stand the normal stuff anymore as it is so sweet. Never used to be like that.

It's defintely better from a glass bottle, no doubts.

Next bit of your post reminds me of when I used to go down to visit my cousin in Plymouth and I got a big shopping list of things to take down including a big bottle of chippie sauce, bridies, square sausage etc. One time the only bridies I could get were hot ones from Greggs. Everyone on the train was staring at me wondering what the smell was (I had all the 'goodies' in a suitcase).

Archived