Duddingston (who played Kaunas) seek new players

SilverknowesJambo

played them 4 or 5 times, always a hard fair game.

We normally win though :xmasgrin:

Are you not too old to be still playing:xmascrazy::xmascrazy:

aye, their keeper is absolutely the pits...youre better off having napoleon in goals..hed catch more and is probably a better time keeper than him too!

Are you not too old to be still playing:xmascrazy::xmascrazy:

played 80 mins tonight and was on top form, leaving those youngsters in my wake with my lightning pace, which i still have a little of left.

37 is not tooooo old yet

played 80 mins tonight and was on top form, leaving those youngsters in my wake with my lightning pace, which i still have a little of left.

37 is not tooooo old yet

Fair enough auld yin:xmasgrin:

Captain Sausage

Bit off topic but does anyone know any contacts in some Glasgow amatuer teams as I am looking to get back into 11-a-side after a year of 5-a-side and fitness.

6ft2 14st7 striker or centreback.

Pm if any information

Cheers

Everybody loves Baz
Bit off topic but does anyone know any contacts in some Glasgow amatuer teams as I am looking to get back into 11-a-side after a year of 5-a-side and fitness.

6ft2 14st7 striker or centreback?

Pm if any information

Cheers

What about this team ?

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,5,00.html

SilverknowesJambo

There's training tonight for anyone interested. Details on the website posted at the start of the thread.

Sunday amateur side Duddingston Athletic AFC - who played against FBK Kaunas in Lithuania last summer - are looking to strengten the squad.

Training is Weds nights, matches are Sundays at 1.30pm.

For more information, look at http://www.duddingstonathletic.co.uk

Cheers

Seeing as no-one else has asked (maybe everyone else knows), how did you come to play against Kaunas and what was the result ?

GC

SilverknowesJambo

We challenged them, they said yes. We lasted about 5 minutes without conceding a goal. In the end it was 5-1 at half-time and 8-1 full-time in FBK's home stadium in Kaunas, with a very small crowd there.

There are pics on our website.

Just looked at your website. Its the Pitz monday night league select.....!

I played for FC Hugo (3 times league winners). To describe Greg J as 'combative' is an understatement. Been in many a scrap with him and his brother (who may or may not be criminally insane)

Baileys a very good player. Played 11s and 5s against him. Decent enough bloke too if you're not barneying with him!

Actually...I seen to end up in fights with almost everyone I play against. Hmmm....

Davie Baillie , with all due respect to you lads , I'm surprised hes not playing at a higher level

to be honest, we put a man marker on him, it has worked most times we played them.

he punished us badly one game, so we changed our tactics

Frankenstein Jambo.

I can't get on the site for some reason. looking for a new club after injury ruined my career at Tynecastle Hearts. Please PM me detail or put them on the board and i'll see if i still got the skills.

We challenged them, they said yes. We lasted about 5 minutes without conceding a goal. In the end it was 5-1 at half-time and 8-1 full-time in FBK's home stadium in Kaunas, with a very small crowd there.

There are pics on our website.

where training about

• 2 weeks later...
to be honest, we put a man marker on him, it has worked most times we played them.

he punished us badly one game, so we changed our tactics

DAvid Baillie is a good we player but tries to beat one too many people. Played with him over the years (5s and 11s) and if he used his tricks less often, he would be immense.

Still need to get shotty of Rossco i think..:D

SilverknowesJambo

After a bounce game on Sunday using many fringe players, full training resumes on Weds at 7.30pm

Archived