The January Sales

Fulham Jambo

It's the festive season again and the ouijia are doing their usual speculation. As i mentioned in my thread yesterday on how fed up I am getting with the constant barracking of Hearts by the press I don't buy this fire sale situation at Hearts for one minute. Yes - we might need cash...but guess what EVERY bl00dy business at the moment is struggling...why...because the cost of money is too expensive. Grander and better run businesses than your average football club are going tits up on a daily basis at the moment because they cannot access cash like they used to.

For this reason, whilst I think we will be open to sensible offers, I would doubt that ANY teams will be doing much spending this Christmas and to talk of the hun splashing 4 million is quite frankly laughable at the moment.

Therefore, it would be nice if any of you journalists who might be reading this acknowledge that there is very little cash avaliable ANYWHERE at the moment and this will have a huge effect on how the transfer market works this winter.

Vlad will be looking at the following - if he can get good money for players he will sell but ONLY at the right price - otherwise it is better to keep the players in the club where they will be able to fight for a Euro place with the revenue that can bring. Vlad will balance the potential revenue against any sale revenue. He may target a few of the high wage earners like Kingston and try and move them on but I would be suprised if we lose more than one or two players in the New Year and would be VERY suprised, given Csaba's tactics, if we were to lose either Zal or Berra.

No....most signings in january will be horse trading rather than cash - no one is going to extend credit to other clubs with payment installments in the current market.

Economics ladies and gents....economics

reference from hard facts rather than journalistic haverings based on speculation and selling papers to the target audience (ie the old firm)

Guest JamboRobbo

Vlad should be looking at the following - if he can get good money for players he will sell but ONLY at the right price - otherwise it is better to keep the players in the club where they will be able to fight for a Euro place with the revenue that can bring. Vlad will balance the potential revenue against any sale revenue. He may target a few of the high wage earners like Kingston and try and move them on but we should try not to lose more than one or two players in the New Year and I would be VERY upset, given Csaba's tactics, if we were to lose either Driver or Nade.

Altered slightly. :smile: I hope the above turns out to be true. It is what we SHOULD do IMO. Whether we will is anybodys guess.

The financial issues have a knock on affect though as although the bigger clubs will pay less, those at the bottom need the money more.

If come January 31st we have sold no one and need the cash and rangers offered 4 mil for them both, sadly I think we would take it.

The financial issues have a knock on affect though as although the bigger clubs will pay less, those at the bottom need the money more.

If come January 31st we have sold no one and need the cash and rangers offered 4 mil for them both, sadly I think we would take it.

Where are Rankgers getting 4mil from again?

not that simple

turnover and profitablility have little to do with the success of a business in the current crisis especially if that business is overexposed. Look at HBOS for example. No..the clubs that will do well are those who are not exposed to financial institutions that are in trouble which is just about every financial institution in the world at the moment

Where are Rankgers getting 4mil from again?

If rangers want those 2 for 4 million and they can get them I have no doubt the money will be found from somewhere.

Drylaw Hearts

If Celtic beat Rangers on 27th December money will be found to buy players.

When was the last time Rangers didn't buy players during a TW ?

scott herbertson

I'm not sure I agree entirely with the original post. I think it is fairly clear we have liquidity problems so removing high earners from the wage roll and getting some cash in are probably a high priority.

I wouldn't be surprised if we shift four or five - some, like Makela, without a fee but just to reduce the wage bill - perhaps freed but with us paying half his wages for a while (it frees up money which we are otherwise using for nothing) - others, like perhaps Zaliukas or Aguiar, because it represents a good deal (former) or because we know they will be off soon anyway and the cash is much needed. Another couple of fring e players might also go Chesny/ Ksan. Possibly someone like wallace where Csaba might feel the money offered could be used to buy a replacement with some cash to spare

remember that Czaba said he wants to bring a few in too - unless we release some there is no way others wil come in.

Does anyone think hearts will actually buy a player in January? especially one worth the cash?

I just cant see it, fully expect it to be mostly outgoing with reserves being promoted.

Unfortunately they are just not good enough or untested

Everyone is trying to put it down to media talk, but it just feels different this time, I can see us losing a good half dozen of our stars, and being lumbered with the likes of Basso and Makela.

Its all great saying they will free up cash, but if you were in a position to afford there 5k a week or even say half of it, you would be more ambitous imo.

Basso, and makela, just like the 5 year kids and the duff loans are here to milk us until the deals expire.

jamboinglasgow

I did origninally think that the transfer fees would be less in the premiership but it dawned on me, with that ?50m cost of being in the premier league to the championship then those clubs in the bottom ten will be upping spending more than ever so as not lose that. If we want to sell any players, they would offer the best prices.

boabyarsebiscuit
It's the festive season again and the ouijia are doing their usual speculation. As i mentioned in my thread yesterday on how fed up I am getting with the constant barracking of Hearts by the press I don't buy this fire sale situation at Hearts for one minute. Yes - we might need cash...but guess what EVERY bl00dy business at the moment is struggling...why...because the cost of money is too expensive. Grander and better run businesses than your average football club are going tits up on a daily basis at the moment because they cannot access cash like they used to.

For this reason, whilst I think we will be open to sensible offers, I would doubt that ANY teams will be doing much spending this Christmas and to talk of the hun splashing 4 million is quite frankly laughable at the moment.

Therefore, it would be nice if any of you journalists who might be reading this acknowledge that there is very little cash avaliable ANYWHERE at the moment and this will have a huge effect on how the transfer market works this winter.

Vlad will be looking at the following - if he can get good money for players he will sell but ONLY at the right price - otherwise it is better to keep the players in the club where they will be able to fight for a Euro place with the revenue that can bring. Vlad will balance the potential revenue against any sale revenue. He may target a few of the high wage earners like Kingston and try and move them on but I would be suprised if we lose more than one or two players in the New Year and would be VERY suprised, given Csaba's tactics, if we were to lose either Zal or Berra.

No....most signings in january will be horse trading rather than cash - no one is going to extend credit to other clubs with payment installments in the current market.

Economics ladies and gents....economics

reference from hard facts rather than journalistic haverings based on speculation and selling papers to the target audience (ie the old firm)

Interest rates are at their lowest in the UK for over 50 years. Money is cheap right now if you are in a position to borrow.

I've said on other threads, January will be very interesting for us as a football club.

I suppose it's a case of "Wait and see".

If Celtic beat Rangers on 27th December money will be found to buy players.

When was the last time Rangers didn't buy players during a TW ?

While that is probably true DH, I doubt that SDM's piggy bank will stretch to the sort of money that Hearts would want for Berra or Driver. Dean Sheilds and Gary Kenneth would be the sort of player that might be on their horizon!

Archived