TV Help Required

RoyCropper

Right dudes,

Just bought a new samsung and having trouble tuning it. Not bothered about normal tv as i have sky so have my magic eye plugged in as normal in the bedroom with my new tv however when i auto tune it doesnt find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Right dudes,

Just bought a new samsung and having trouble tuning it. Not bothered about normal tv as i have sky so have my magic eye plugged in as normal in the bedroom with my new tv however when i auto tune it doesnt find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

"Your magic eye plugged in the bedroom" ooooooooooeeerrr missus!

Right dudes,

Any ideas?

Thanks

How have you got it connected to the main TV ? I assume it is scart if so you don't have to tune it in. You need to change to the correct source. Look for a button on the remote that changes the AV/source and keep pressing until you get a picture from the sky box. Make sure the scart is connected correctly and the sky box is on.

Edit:

think I have completely mis-read your post. Is the new tv for the bedroom ?

How have you got it connected to the main TV ? I assume it is scart if so you don't have to tune it in. You need to change to the correct source. Look for a button on the remote that changes the AV/source and keep pressing until you get a picture from the sky box. Make sure the scart is connected correctly and the sky box is on.

Edit:

think I have completely mis-read your post. Is the new tv for the bedroom ?

Yeah it is, should have explained that.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Right dudes,

Any ideas?

Thanks

Threaten it with a sledge hammer & if that doesnt work then batter it to death with the said hammer.

You will feel good.

Right dudes,

Any ideas?

Thanks

have you made sure tht rf outlets on your sky box are activated if not then the magic eye will not work. to do this you will need to go into services then system setup then access the hidden screen by pressing 01 then select on your sky remote, goto rf outlets press select then type in channel 68 then turn on the rf outlet then save settings and then you should be up and running.

Are you finding any channels when you auto tune?

Just like the normal 1,2,3,4 but not too fussed about them.

have you made sure tht rf outlets on your sky box are activated if not then the magic eye will not work. to do this you will need to go into services then system setup then access the hidden screen by pressing 01 then select on your sky remote, goto rf outlets press select then type in channel 68 then turn on the rf outlet then save settings and then you should be up and running.

Yep it was on.

What channel number is your RF outlets on your Sky box?

Is there an option to do a manual tune on your new TV?

Its on 68.

Yeah but im unsure of frequencies etc.

Its on 68.

Yeah but im unsure of frequencies etc.

Got it working although pic is poor

was the picture ok before you got the new tv?

All working with perfect pic now, thanks for everyones help, special mention to arfurdaley.:xmasgrin: Was totally silly little thing, magic eye is knackered and had came out abit causing **** pic, took the magic eye from other bedroom and swapped them, works perfectly.

Now just to source a PS3.

portobellojambo1
All working with perfect pic now, thanks for everyones help, special mention to arfurdaley.:xmasgrin: Was totally silly little thing, magic eye is knackered and had came out abit causing **** pic, took the magic eye from other bedroom and swapped them, works perfectly.

Now just to source a PS3.

Top shelf of the fridge is a good place to look.

Archived