'Jambos'

Martin_T

I appreciate the irony of me posting the following on 'Jambos Kickback', but is it just me that has a strong dislike of HMFC being referred to, particularly in the tabloid press as 'Jambos'?

In my opinion it almosts sounds like a derogatory term akin to referring to Rangers as 'huns' or Hibs as 'hobos'. Whenever anyone asks me who I support I always tell them I am a Hearts supporter, not a Jambo and the team I follow is Heart of Midlothian FC not the Jambos.

I appreciate the irony of me posting the following on 'Jambos Kickback', but is it just me that has a strong dislike of HMFC being referred to, particularly in the tabloid press as 'Jambos'?

In my opinion it almosts sounds like a derogatory term akin to referring to Rangers as 'huns' or Hibs as 'hobos'. Whenever anyone asks me who I support I always tell them I am a Hearts supporter, not a Jambo and the team I follow is Heart of Midlothian FC not the Jambos.

This has been done to death on here & most agree with you mate.

It always comes across in a derogatory manor when they refer to us as Jambos.

I'm the same.

Hate the term Jambos.

I blame this board for it's continued usage.

Whatever happened to The Jam Tarts as a nickname?

Perhaps you would rather have it the old way,when Hearts supporters were called Hearties.

I'm the same.

Hate the term Jambos.

I blame this board for it's continued usage.

Whatever happened to The Jam Tarts as a nickname?

I don't see how Jam Tarts is any better than Jambos tbh. I always say I'm a Hearts fan if asked as I don't use our Sunday name very often.

I don't think JKB is solely, or even mainly, responsible for its continued usage.

As long as we keep up our current form on the park i dont really give a monkeys as to what the paps call us.

Mr Grumpy is proud to be jambo :food-smiley-004:

...I don't think JKB is solely, or even mainly, responsible for its continued usage.

This board is to blame for everything that is wrong with our club.

C'mon Dave, you should know that.

This board is to blame for everything that is wrong with our club.

C'mon Dave, you should know that.

I keep forgetting. :xmastongue:

Far prefer 'Jambo' to 'Jam Tart' myself, the latter is just horrible.

I always refer to myself as a Hearts supporter anyway.

When asked what team I follow I always reply with "I'm a Jambo"

I like it. :xmasgrin:

As the chant says..............proud to be a jambo.

Jambo's, Jam Tarts, JT's, Hearts, Hertz, Heart of Midlothian, boys in maroon etc are all fine by me. :)

Surprised at this one Charlie.

:smell_hobo::whistling:

Charlie-Brown
Surprised at this one Charlie.

:smell_hobo::whistling:

I didn't know how else to spell it but that's how I say it as in "mon the Hertz"

As long as we keep up our current form on the park i dont really give a monkeys as to what the paps call us.

Mr Grumpy is proud to be jambo :food-smiley-004:

Us grumps must stick together lol, well said Mr Grumpy.

Grumpy.

I'm proud to be a Jambo, a Jam Tart and a supporter of Hearts and Heart of Midlothian Football club

Anyhting those weegie sacks of s*** print about us matters not to me

**** the weegies!

Jam Tarts sounds horrible, Nothing wrong with us being called the Jambos and anyone who has that much spare time and sad enough to actually get worked up over papers calling us jambos needs to sort himself out.

Jam Tarts sounds horrible, Nothing wrong with us being called the Jambos and anyone who has that much spare time and sad enough to actually get worked up over papers calling us jambos needs to sort himself out.

So that's two people on this thread who have both chosen to get personal. I posted a Hearts related topic on a Hearts message board.

Well..........anyone who gets worked up about someone getting worked up about the papers calling us Jambos needs to sort themselves out and clearly has too much spare time.:xmastongue:

Miller Jambo 60
I'm sure I've seen some threads on it before :xmascrazy:

Has been a thread before,and im still proud to be a Jambo.:)

not too keen on the term the Jambos, seems to be other teams fans name for us, The Hearts or the JT's for me. not too keen on HoMFC either its HMFC!

Thig Ar Latha

To t4ell the truth, it does'nt bother me too much. It beats 'Hearts Bar steward' any day, which is the norm in 'Sheepshire'

I'd rather be a Hearts Fan called a 'JAMBO' than an Aberdeen Fan called a 'Sheep Shakker (sp?) any day.

As for the OF's and Hobbos, anything goes!

Don't mind the term 'Jambo'. I also don't agree that it's used in the same manner as 'huns'. I'd say it's akin to calling Rangers 'The Gers' or 'Bears'. Nothing derogatory about it whatsoever.

Edit: i can't write for **** today :(

This has been done to death on here & most agree with you mate.

I must have misssed that poll. I would guess that most don't give a *****.:xmasgrin:

Bomber Harris

Forgetting the previous post but i did bring this topic up a few weeks ago.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion (really?) but i make a strong case for the word "jambo" to be banished.

I absolutely despise the term and much prefer the simple nickname Hearts.

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN

THE HEARTS

JAM TARTS.

I would assume the fans on here who like the term jambo are the "Johnny Come Lately" fans (new breed)

I P Knightley
Time to get my post count up, yeah I hate it too.

Slight contradiction there between the post and the username, no?

I don't mind a bit of rhyming slang once in a while. Don't think it can be compared to "Hobo" or "Hun" both of which are clearly derogatory. And "Sheep" too.

When asked, I "support (the) Hearts" but there are far more things going on in the world to be upset about for me to worry about "Jambos".

I always feel that Jambos is a collective term. I refer to myself as a Hearts fan, but would refer to a group of Hearts fans as Jambos.

Archived