Bayern Munich - Q&A

Deodato

Uh huh. That night at Tynie. If you were there, please answer the questions below:

1. What did you do before the match.

2. How did it feel to see the away end full?

3. Where we're you before Fergie striked.

4. Where were you once the match resumed?

5. Did we kick Bayern Munich off the park?

6. Did Donkey Dave's miss blow it for us?

7. Was it better than sex?

Answers on a SAE, please.

Deodato

Guest juvehearts
Uh huh. That night at Tynie. If you were there, please answer the questions below:

Deodato

Will Hibs EVER get anything like that?

answesr on a postcard please!

Deodato

3. in front of the refreshments

4. at the bottom of the terrace........ wooosh !!

5. no

7. almost

Great night and great atmosphere.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/video/1989022801.html

:)

Charlie-Brown

Can't remember much before the match etc. but 2 things I do remember, got in just before kick off at the wheatfield entrance and crowd was so big we couldn't hardly move into the stadium or find a space anywhere and ended up standing behind the white benches in the shed hard up against the wall of the distillery and that is where i was before the goal, I was standing at the aisle between the seats and when Fergie scored ended up about 15 rows forward and the stewards wouldn't let us back up the ailse so watched the remainder of the game squeezed onto the end of a bench......after the game I remember walking up mcleod street thinking that was a good start in denting Hibs superior european record........that was a high water mark for Hearts. :)

Charlie-Brown
Will Hibs EVER get anything like that?

answesr on a postcard please!

Sadly for us Hibs had some great european results in the sixties and seventies. :(

portobellojambo1
only at the away game

it was barry

Agree Scott, it was one of those games where I was very happy, and very sad at the same time.

But for the width of a goal post Napoli (including Diego Maradona) could have been on their way to Tynecastle.

We performed heroically in Munich, in a game everyone thought we would lose heavily. Proud of the team and the performance, yet sad that all that effort brought no end result.

scott herbertson
Agree Scott, it was one of those games where I was very happy, and very sad at the same time.

But for the width of a goal post Napoli (including Diego Maradona) could have been on their way to Tynecastle.

We performed heroically in Munich, in a game everyone thought we would lose heavily. Proud of the team and the performance, yet sad that all that effort brought no end result.

The bier kellars were stonkin

There was something aout being there that made you feel you had grown up compared to the jobbies that were and are the OF

Deodato

!. Haven't a clue,........but probably the Rosie.

2. Didn't notice.

3. He was on strike !!,............jeez,............what would have happened if he had been playing ??,..........( okay, okay,........I was in The Shed).

4. Munich

5. No,.errmmm,.....well,.....apart from Kenny Black that is.

6. It wasn't really a miss, his big giraffe legs just couldn't reach as far as he wanted. What DID knock us out was their 2nd goal in Munich which was offside. Have a look at the video. As I recall , they had a guy in what was then an offside position, ( it probably wouldn't be offside with the new rule applied). Again, as I recall, a young Alan McLaren was the only one who appealed.

7. No,........well apart from one or two alcohol induced encounters.

Do I win a cuddly toy ?

I was in the (Gorgie Road) away end for the second and last time that night*. I normally went to the shed and although i was a bit gutted not to be in amongst it after the goal, it gave me a chance to see the shed celebrations from a viewpoint i had never seen before. It looked brilliant.

*The first and only other time was for John Cumming's testimonial.

The Old Tolbooth

1. What did you do before the match. ( I honestly cant remember but I tihink it involved beer)

2. How did it feel to see the away end full? (It was an amazing feeling, the pride was uncontrolable)

3. Where we're you before Fergie striked. (I was in the corner of the shed, near the back)

4. Where were you once the match resumed? (In heaven!)

5. Did we kick Bayern Munich off the park? (Nope, we played them off the park that night and the Germans were lucky to get away with only a 1 goal defeat, and lucky to get through overall)

6. Did Donkey Dave's miss blow it for us? (Yes, sadly! Had that went in I'd have had a semi for weeks!)

7. Was it better than sex? (Hell yeah!!!!!!! It happens more often too :whistling:)

1. What did you do before the match. went to school, then got to the ground and spewed up at th eprice of the proramme

2. How did it feel to see the away end full? great to see it full of Hearts fans rather than hibs, Cheltic of Rangers

3. Where we're you before Fergie striked. Standing on the top bench in the Wheatfied, just in front of the pie stand. My regular spot

4. Where were you once the match resumed? Cloud nine and telling my Dad he was right! Just before fergie took the free kick, the ref moved the ball in a bit and my old man was saying that it was much better and gave us a great chance of scoring

5. Did we kick Bayern Munich off the park? Nope - we played tactics that suited our style of play and which Bayern were not used to

6. Did Donkey Dave's miss blow it for us? Possibly

7. Was it better than sex? I was 11 and the nearest I got to sex at that age was at the Boys Club, but thats a whole different story

My mum took me to the game I was 11 sat in the old stand.

I will never forget the whirly gig after the goal I was convinced the stadium would lift up.

In the Balmoral before and after, 3 things that come to mind ,are, I was behind the goals School end, about a dozen terraces up , directly in line with the free kick (after Ferguson moved the ball to his right) and knew it was in immediately, had it gone through the net it would have hit me square in the coupon. I had never witnessed cheating and diving so much from 1 player , Olaf Thon I think his name was , Bayern midfield, also Bayern never managed a corner kick that night.

Pub

was in the school end

behind the goals

behind the goals.... more or less

played them off !

Yes... in my opinion, thought it was easier to score than miss

No .... ?

Deodato

Archived