Rangers Hoping To Cut Playing Squad

Commander Harris

Now, now CH. Hearts are the only club looking to cut back.

I read it on here.

In all seriousness though, what the hell were they thinking spending money on the Sheite they did in the summer?

If I were a Rangers fan (Thank you Dad), I'd be asking serious questions of Smiths judgement.

Patrick Bateman

Most Huns probably haven't noticed quite how dross they are. They're happy so long as they get their weekly dosage of Pink Order nonsense blasted at them.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Now, now CH. Hearts are the only club looking to cut back.

I read it on here.

In all seriousness though, what the hell were they thinking spending money on the Sheite they did in the summer?

If I were a Rangers fan (Thank you Dad), I'd be asking serious questions of Smiths judgement.

When I think of the quality of the Rangers teams that we played in the 90s and early 00s compared to now it makes me weep that teams still play as if they're petrified of them. If the other ten teams had any ambition whatsoever Rangers would be dragged further towards the pack every season.

alwaysthereinspirit
When I think of the quality of the Rangers teams that we played in the 90s and early 00s compared to now it makes me weep that teams still play as if they're petrified of them. If the other ten teams had any ambition whatsoever Rangers would be dragged further towards the pack every season.

You're right to a point but they still have that 12th man to help when things get a wee bit sticky.

Totally agree.

Hearts to move on a few players and it's a fire sale!

Rangers get rid ten and it's prudent squad trimming!

CornhillHearts
We should go after that Velicka fella. He looks like a pure goal scorer.

Happened to see Currants reserve game v St.Mirren on Huns TV earlier tonight and he looked more like Billy Bunter.

Duno if this is a get my hardhat statement, but i'd love to see Christian Dailly at Tynie dependent on wages.

WHAT? and WHY?

Most Huns probably haven't noticed quite how dross they are. They're happy so long as they get their weekly dosage of Pink Order nonsense blasted at them.

so true, also the press will cover up the mess they are in.

WHAT? and WHY?

I'm just a big fan of his and i think he'll do someone a fine job. He's the kinda boy who'll knock his pan in and he's at the stage in his career where he'll take a wage-cut to still be involved at a decent level

Great guy to have around the club, the young lads etc.

Just an opinion, dont think for a minute we'll be going in for Christian, but i'd love us to is all

I'm just a big fan of his and i think he'll do someone a fine job. He's the kinda boy who'll knock his pan in and he's at the stage in his career where he'll take a wage-cut to still be involved at a decent level

Great guy to have around the club, the young lads etc.

Just an opinion, dont think for a minute we'll be going in for Christian, but i'd love us to is all

fair doos,but where would we play him?

fair doos,but where would we play him?

Aw i'm no claimin to have thought this through!!

I guess he'd be CB or defensive mid, but kinda top 14 choice rather than first 11, which is what you need these days

Most clubs in Britain will be cutting there cloth accordingly to get through the next year or two the only difference is the slant put on it by the daily rags.

Rangers cutting the squad will be seen as only getting rid of the deadwood and creating real competition in the squad with youth also getting a chance.

We cut the squad and its a fire sale before we go bust!!!

Am I the only person that can see how this greatly differs from our situation?

How do you mean?? What do you see??

Dead people???:xmaseye:

Hearts to move on a few players and it's a fire sale!

Rangers get rid ten and it's prudent squad trimming!

You are correct and we're not just talking about the media but also some of the R soles who post on here with great frequency.

Get Velicka In January And Don't Sell Anyone I Think Easy 3rd Spot.

That's A Very Odd Posting Style You Have There.

Drylaw Hearts
Am I the only person that can see how this greatly differs from our situation?

No.

Rangers will be getting rid of a load of fringe players and it's unlikely they'll sell ANY of their top players.

The same cannot be said for us.

No.

Rangers will be getting rid of a load of fringe players and it's unlikely they'll sell ANY of their top players.

I'm surprised DH that you compare us with Rangers who get 300% (paying) support compared to us,

They have sold Boumsong, Cuellar etc in the past and if you believe they'd turn down big offers for any of their current squad you're living in cloud cuckoo land. Their current squad is so bad they play has beens like Weir and never-will-be's like Charlie Adam. If they only sell fringe players it's because they ge no offers for supposed non-fringe players.

Drylaw Hearts
I'm surprised DH that you compare us with Rangers who get 300% (paying) support compared to us,

They have sold Boumsong, Cuellar etc in the past and if you believe they'd turn down big offers for any of their current squad you're living in cloud cuckoo land. Their current squad is so bad they play has beens like Weir and never-will-be's like Charlie Adam. If they only sell fringe players it's because they ge no offers for supposed non-fringe players.

I never said that.

Rangers won't be selling players in January because they are simply big earners.

They will sell fringe players in a bid to streamline their squad and utilise the freed up salaries to bring in a couple of players of supposed better quality.

As had been suggested.....

We are more likely to be selling our better players and highest earners aswell as our fringer players.

Very different from Rangers situation imo.

No.

Spot on DH.

I never said that.

Rangers won't be selling players in January because they are simply big earners.

They will sell fringe players in a bid to streamline their squad and utilise the freed up salaries to bring in a couple of players of supposed better quality.

As had been suggested.....

We are more likely to be selling our better players and highest earners aswell as our fringer players.

Very different from Rangers situation imo.

AS HAD BEEN SUGGESTED - is that the best you can do?

Drylaw Hearts
AS HAD BEEN SUGGESTED - is that the best you can do?

A typo.

It should have read....

"As has been suggested....."

Smith is really a terrible manager. Especially signing wise.

Did ok with a bit of money behind him and took advantage of the anyone but Berti vibe with Scotland but really failed whenever questions have been asked of him.

I expect a swift move upstairs when they manage one cup this season.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I'd take Velicka back in a second.

Is the same Velicka who was slagged useless at the start of last season? Oh, the irony!

I don't think Velicka will be back in a maroon jersey. It was a fair price for him and we should move on and find someone else.

A typo.

It should have read....

"As has been suggested....."

Is there much difference - you are relying on hearsay, rumour, innuendo and old women's gossip. Get a life!

Is the same Velicka who was slagged useless at the start of last season? Oh, the irony!

I don't think Velicka will be back in a maroon jersey. It was a fair price for him and we should move on and find someone else.

I'm not really bothered whether some slagged him, he would improve our team now as he knows how to put the ball in the net regularly, something nobody else currently on the books is capable of.

Drylaw Hearts
Is there much difference - you are relying on hearsay, rumour, innuendo and old women's gossip. Get a life!

Oh dear.

I think we'll just have to wait and see what develops in January JamboAl.

If we don''t sell any of our better players or high earners then there will be plenty on here that will have got it wrong - not just me.

If we do happen to sell these players then hopefully you'll do trhe decent thing and apologise just as you've had to do previously for being wrong whilst debating with me.

I'm not really bothered whether some slagged him, he would improve our team now as he knows how to put the ball in the net regularly, something nobody else currently on the books is capable of.

He was actually a major reason we struggled to climb the table last season according to some footballing experts on here.

Seemingly his goals actually counted as negative one or something.

Oh dear.

I think we'll just have to wait and see what develops in January JamboAl.

If we don''t sell any of our better players or high earners then there will be plenty on here that will have got it wrong - not just me.

If we do happen to sell these players then hopefully you'll do trhe decent thing and apologise just as you've had to do previously for being wrong whilst debating with me.

What a silly post this is.

Of course we will try to sell players: there is a credit crunch. Apart from that we have ALWAYS been a selling club, selling our highest earners/best players eg Cameron, Niemi, Gordon, Dave Mackay, Alex Young and many others. Why should I apologise when it seems reality is just hitting you? How long have you been supporting Hearts or are you just brainless?

BUT we can only sell if we have a buyer so how could you prove who is wrong and who is right.

Charlie-Brown

Rangers will listen to offers for any player in January and i very much doubt they will be buying many or indeed any, they need to get their wage bill down, of course they will look to shift as many expensive players who don't play as possible however I wouldn't rule out them selling first team starters either, their wage bill and debts are too high, Murray's companies are also feeling the effects of economic downturn and their link up with JJB has gone completely pete tong.......

Rangers will listen to offers for any player in January and i very much doubt they will be buying many or indeed any, they need to get their wage bill down, of course they will look to shift as many expensive players who don't play as possible however I wouldn't rule out them selling first team starters either, their wage bill and debts are too high, Murray's companies are also feeling the effects of economic downturn and their link up with JJB has gone completely pete tong.......

On Five Live's World Football Phone-In, one of the experts just put it as simply as this: the credit crunch is effectively sorting the well run clubs from the less well run ones, with the latter suffering far more harshly as a result. Hearts have been run quite ludicrously, so are being hit very hard; Rangers have been run badly, so are also being hit. In our case though, we've literally been unable to pay our players on two occasions - that hasn't been the case with them, and I can't envisage it being so either.

They need to cut their wage bill, so will sell players, but probably not to the extent that it impacts severely on their on-field fortunes (not least because they desperately need to win the title in order to qualify for the CL). We need to slash our wage bill because we've literally not had the money to play staff: the difference between selling assets in order to keep operating and selling players in order to cut the wage bill is a significant one, Charlie.

Charlie-Brown
On Five Live's World Football Phone-In, one of the experts just put it as simply as this: the credit crunch is effectively sorting the well run clubs from the less well run ones, with the latter suffering far more harshly as a result. Hearts have been run quite ludicrously, so are being hit very hard; Rangers have been run badly, so are also being hit. In our case though, we've literally been unable to pay our players on two occasions - that hasn't been the case with them, and I can't envisage it being so either.

They need to cut their wage bill, so will sell players, but probably not to the extent that it impacts severely on their on-field fortunes (not least because they desperately need to win the title in order to qualify for the CL). We need to slash our wage bill because we've literally not had the money to play staff: the difference between selling assets in order to keep operating and selling players in order to cut the wage bill is a significant one, Charlie.

Rangers income has always been a significant multiple of ours which helps them greatly whilst our finances for most of the last decade and several other times throughout our history have been precarious to say the least, Hearts issues are well publicised however Rangers/Murray have hit the buffers financially and selling for them is also necessary be this fringe players or first pick players and if they get acceptable offers they too will sell, Celtic look a lot better positioned financially and may well be able to capitalise on Rangers current financial weakness which will become apparent.

Rangers income has always been a significant multiple of ours which helps them greatly whilst our finances for most of the last decade and several other times throughout our history have been precarious to say the least, Hearts issues are well publicised however Rangers/Murray have hit the buffers financially and selling for them is also necessary be this fringe players or first pick players and if they get acceptable offers they too will sell, Celtic look a lot better positioned financially and may well be able to capitalise on Rangers current financial weakness which will become apparent.

All true. To the best of my knowledge though, Rangers have never presided over a situation so farcical that their wage bill was greater than their entire annual turnover; nor have they ever been technically insolvent. We have. :sad:

Charlie-Brown
All true. To the best of my knowledge though, Rangers have never presided over a situation so farcical that their wage bill was greater than their entire annual turnover; nor have they ever been technically insolvent. We have. :sad:

I also don't think Rangers have ever wound up but Hearts have at least once before......anyway to current matters this deal is all but dead in the water

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/2933910/JJB-hooks-up-with-Rangers.html

JJB on life support

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601102&sid=azgAeu5wSIQI&refer=uk

Rangers will try to sell as many fringe players as possible and any first team player they get a very good offer for (McGregor, Boyd etc) - Murray International are currently feeling the downturn and are also quite heavily indebted - there will be no more Murray largesse at Ibrox for the foreseeable and whilst of-course they need to win the SPL to ensure the Champions League group stages they will not be able to buy their way to this and it will be entirely down to what they can do on pitch (hopefully not with help from their friends...) - Celtic could really capitialise if they win the SPL this year cos it's gonna get much much harder for the 2nd placed SPL team to qualify.

I also don't think Rangers have ever wound up but Hearts have at least once before......anyway to current matters this deal is all but dead in the water

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/2933910/JJB-hooks-up-with-Rangers.html

JJB on life support

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601102&sid=azgAeu5wSIQI&refer=uk

Rangers will try to sell as many fringe players as possible and any first team player they get a very good offer for (McGregor, Boyd etc) - Murray International are currently feeling the downturn and are also quite heavily indebted - there will be no more Murray largesse at Ibrox for the foreseeable and whilst of-course they need to win the SPL to ensure the Champions League group stages they will not be able to buy their way to this and it will be entirely down to what they can do on pitch (hopefully not with help from their friends...) - Celtic could really capitialise if they win the SPL this year cos it's gonna get much much harder for the 2nd placed SPL team to qualify.

Agree with all of this, CB. I actually think this season's a lot like 1996/7: Hearts and Dundee United battling it out for 3rd place, while at the top, both halves of the OF are weaker than they were last season. But in a role reversal from the 90s, this time it's Celtic who remain clear essentially because of their huge off-field advantage; while Rangers are unable to exploit the gentle on-pitch decline of their rivals. Failure that season following on from overachievement the year before cost Tommy Burns his job; and you have to think it will for Walter Smith too.

Charlie-Brown

Murray ramped up the spending after Walter's return and although they did great getting to the UEFA Cup final but that paradoxically cost them money & thus far financially their big spending of last 2 seasons it hasn't paid of for them and if they fail to win the SPL this year it will be extremely difficult to get to CL groups and further cutbacks might be necessary as they were in Mcleish & LeGuen's time......of course if they win the league it will help them balance the books but short term Murray doesn't have the cash or credit facilities to spend anymore and he's still looking to sell with not many buyers showing themselves and several english clubs also up for sale.

Murray ramped up the spending after Walter's return and although they did great getting to the UEFA Cup final but that paradoxically cost them money & thus far financially their big spending of last 2 seasons it hasn't paid of for them and if they fail to win the SPL this year it will be extremely difficult to get to CL groups and further cutbacks might be necessary as they were in Mcleish & LeGuen's time......of course if they win the league it will help them balance the books but short term Murray doesn't have the cash or credit facilities to spend anymore and he's still looking to sell with not many buyers showing themselves and several english clubs also up for sale.

Just like vlad??? ;)

Archived