Robbie possible deal

davjambo

My take on Robbie possibly entering into contract negs....

1. Contributed to improved team performances since his return from injury,

2. Been is one of the v.few players who has acted completely professionally (during the last few years of upheaval)

3. Always given 100% for hearts

Robbie is by no means a "world beater" but he definitely is not as bad as some of the other dross this team has seen in the last few years.

There are people who have this Burley hangover from when the only position that everyone recognised needed a "top class" player (to make the team complete) was right back... and to be honest, i don't think some of them have got over that.

There has never been any player that could replace Robbie until the Eggman turned out to be more versatile than a Swiss army knife... but lets face facts, he's an outstanding talent and will be sold. So the choice is this:

1. Sign him up for year extension and have a completely committed pro giving 100% for the jersey.

2. Sell him, let him leave and have feck all.

Before the "haters" jump on board - can you just take a deep breath and remember my earlier in my post I acknowledge we needed a new right back (at one stage) and we've sent a lot worse back to lithuania. If you guys can't see that there's been some players a lot worse than Neilson playing for Hearts in the last 3 years, you really need to check into an opticians or a mental hospital. It's not a right back we need, it's a striker.

I was one of the ones who thought he was horrendously bad. I don't know if this relates to you (as I've never met you) but I feel a lot of hearts fans cannot bring themselves to admit they were incredibly wrong (despite arguably our best 2 moments involving him this decade).

I have always thought he was a huddy and nothing will change that. Not a last minute winner or an excellent tackle. Every player has a moment or two in their career and there are plenty of examples of that at Hearts. He did actually have a decent half hour against Rangers and I have always accepted that he is a top lad and a good pro. It is nothing personal, I just think he is generally a hopeless footballer.

I have always thought he was a huddy and nothing will change that. Not a last minute winner or an excellent tackle. Every player has a moment or two in their career and there are plenty of examples of that at Hearts. He did actually have a decent half hour against Rangers and I have always accepted that he is a top lad and a good pro. It is nothing personal, I just think he is generally a hopeless footballer.

Fair enough. Will have to disagree.

He's terrible but for some strange reason i'd be quite pleased to see him sign on as it would give us an indication as to the realities of the financial situation and also the player's morale.

Archived