Robbie possible deal

davjambo

loveofthegame

Probably worth having around the club, but wouldn't offer him much and still would rather he was back up than anything else.

Neilson in talks over new contract?

Any thoughts.

We've gave worse players another contract!!!

I Know someone who'll be along shortly SCREAMING with delight!!

C'moan 83, you know you want to!! :xmastongue:

Probably worth having around the club, but wouldn't offer any more than a couple of '000 max a year and still would rather he was back up than anything else.

Thats roughly what i think, useful back up.

championsleaguefan

Any thoughts.

Yes I hve a few great player wish we had more who would bleed for the cause we would not have finished so bad last year if we had a few more with Robbies dig.

Any thoughts.

I'd like to see him sign a new contract as he is a real worker for this club. Never be the best player but definately gives us 100% and knows the Scottish game. Probably a very good man to have in our dressing room.

I'm surprised to hear this however as the last I heard, he was told to find a new club (Source - Robbie Nielson).

Guest gorgie kev

Keep him till the summer then Shabbas big broom will sweep all the dross out the club(including Neilson)Then get a right back who can pass the ball further than 2 yards.

I'd like to see him sign a new contract as he is a real worker for this club. Never be the best player but definately gives us 100% and knows the Scottish game. Probably a very good man to have in our dressing room.

I agree.

Give him a year's contract and see what happens.

I think the first few months showed what a solid good SPL defender he is.

If we insult him like some on here have with a 1 year deal or back up offer, he will simply **** off through to glasgow or dundee utd

Quite happy to offer him another 3 years as first choice as long as its not silly money

I think the first few months showed what a solid good SPL defender he is.

If we insult him like some on here have with a 1 year deal or back up offer, he will simply **** off through to glasgow or dundee utd

Quite happy to offer him another 3 years as first choice as long as its not silly money

I tell you what if Hearts offer Neilson anywhere near a 3 year contract it proves that

a) They have not learnt previous lessons about paying OTT salaries to total mediocrity

B) That we have very little in the way of quality coming through the youth ranks

c) That Robbie Neilson is indeed the luckiest professional footballer to ever have walked the earth !

c) That Robbie Neilson is indeed the luckiest professional footballer to ever have walked the earth !

10 years at this club, A testimonial, A bumber new deal and a Scottish cup winners medal already prove that mate.

10 years at this club, A testimonial, A bumber new deal and a Scottish cup winners medal already prove that mate.

I need no convincing. Top lad, good pro but enough is enough.

Drylaw Hearts
A fresh start elsewhere would be best for both parties.

January would be the ideal opportunity to get rid.

Agreed.

Good news. Whether people like it or not, our defence is better with him in it. He's not the most talented player but he's a solid, reliable player that every team needs.

For those who want him out, name a better RB in the SPL that we could realistically get.

Great news.

Hardly Carlos Alberto but one of the best defensive full backs in the SPL.

:)

Spot on.

He just gets better and better.

For those who want him out, name a better RB in the SPL that we could realistically get.

Why would we need to replace him with an SPL right back ? We have barely brought in an SPL player in the last 4 years.

oh jesus christ, if we had a squad full of players with the application and professionalism of neilson then we would have nothing to moan about.

he's a keeper (not literally), he can stay for good as far as i'm concerned.

Surely we should be concentrating on extending Aguiar's contract first ?!

You would think so, although other than reading the OP, I can't find a single source commenting that we may be indeed looking to extend Neilsons contract.

Drylaw Hearts
Why would we need to replace him with an SPL right back ? We have barely brought in an SPL player in the last 4 years.

Apart from Micheal Stewart I can't think of another.

His all round game is not really good enough but he is the best right back at the club by distance. I would have no problem with him getting a new contract although ideally we should be looking to replace him.

You would think so, although other than reading the OP, I can't find a single source commenting that we may be indeed looking to extend Neilsons contract.

Try the official web site.

while not the greatest player in the world, he is a decent solid defender who provides some experience to what's basically a very young team.

Gimme an H...

When was the last time any of the people on here that think this is the worst piece of news to ever hit the club, seen Robbie ever make a defensive mistake thats cost us a goal or been skinned by a McGeady etc?

One of the most solid defenders in Scotland, ****e going forward, but defensively spot on.

Hope he signs a new 3/4 year deal.

If we let him go garaunteed Rangers or Celtic will snap him up.

Oh aye, and we've no lost since he came back from injury ;)

A fresh start elsewhere would be best for both parties.

January would be the ideal opportunity to get rid.

Can't believe you are seriously thinking that is is the right thing to do now. IMO our run of winning games has co-incided with Robbies return to the team. Ok he is no cafu, but he has restored a confidence & solidarity to the right back position that has been sorely missed in the past few mobnths.

I wish that a few kickbackers would look at facts instead of personality bashing, just for the sake of it.

Support the team & the players, have a go at the management team & coaches if the wrong players & tactics are used.

I wish that we could all get behind our team just like the Mhanky mhob do.

A fantastic defender who we need to keep. He set the tone in the Rangers game with a tackle that shook the player but was clean. A managers' dream.

A fantastic defender who we need to keep. He set the tone in the Rangers game with a tackle that shook the player but was clean. A managers' dream.

Slightly over egging him there...unless your his agent of course.

Mediocre defender, horrendous attacker.

Slightly over egging him there...unless your his agent of course.

Mediocre defender, horrendous attacker.

Speaking in SPL terms then I feel I'm correct. The evidence being the amount of efficient defences he's been a part of.

Speaking in SPL terms then I feel I'm correct. The evidence being the amount of efficient defences he's been a part of.

He's certainly had some good keepers and centre halfs covering for him I'll give you that.

He's certainly had some good keepers and centre halfs covering for him I'll give you that.

I was one of the ones who thought he was horrendously bad. I don't know if this relates to you (as I've never met you) but I feel a lot of hearts fans cannot bring themselves to admit they were incredibly wrong (despite arguably our best 2 moments involving him this decade).

Archived