VLADIMIR ROMANOV picks up a top business award

slfjambo

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2029474.ece

What a banker

VLADIMIR ROMANOV has picked up a top business award despite his Hearts team toiling in financial misery.

The mega-rich tycoon?s bank, UKIO, has just posted profits of almost ?22MILLION and that has led to them being named the Fastest-Growing Lithuanian Company of the Year.

But Romanov has TWICE in the last three months failed to pay his Jambos players on time.

And the squad are STILL waiting on their bonuses for wins against Hamilton, Caley, Falkirk and Rangers.

The weekly wage at Tynecastle is due to be paid this morning and club officials were last night hoping there would be no further hitches.

But while they sweat, Romanov has seen his bank balance swell.

He is the largest shareholder in UKIO ? who also sponsor Hearts ? and they are making 21 per cent more cash than last year.

Now they have been hailed by the Lithuanian Business Employers? Confederation.

The toiling Jambos, in contrast, are expected to flog several first-team stars next month to ease their cash crisis.

Last weekend The Sun revealed the water at Tynecastle was on the verge of being cut off if the club did not pay its bills.

And earlier this week Second Division Arbroath agreed to wait until next month for the ?14,000 they are due from Hearts for Andy Webster?s sell-on fee.

Now Gayfield secretary Gary Callon is hoping they WILL receive the cash with no further delays.

He said: ?We spoke with Hearts earlier this week and we have agreed a deal.

?They will pay us a decent interest rate on top of what we are due so we?re happy with that.

?Now I am confident we will be paid in full and this matter will finally be over.?

Can anyone tell us what Romanov's official role at Ukio is?

If I am correct, like hearts he doesnt have one, he doesnt even own a massive percentage of shares, and instead forces undue pressure on them - god knows how.

So romanov hasnt won an award, Ukio and their board and management have.

And the sun are spot on, romanov cant be much of a businessman with all else that is going on in his empire, business ability and performance is not just based on profits.

If I am correct, like hearts he doesnt have one, he doesnt even own a massive percentage of shares, and instead forces undue pressure on them - god knows how.

And the sun are spot on, romanov cant be much of a businessman with all else that is going on in his empire, business ability and performance is not just based on profits.

Question: If VR isn't much of a businessman as you state, how come he has ended up where he is then?

Geniune question.

I can and do criticize Romanov on many fronts, but being a bad businessman isn't one of them.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2029474.ece

What a banker

VLADIMIR ROMANOV has picked up a top business award despite his Hearts team toiling in financial misery.

The mega-rich tycoon?s bank, UKIO, has just posted profits of almost ?22MILLION and that has led to them being named the Fastest-Growing Lithuanian Company of the Year.

But Romanov has TWICE in the last three months failed to pay his Jambos players on time.

And the squad are STILL waiting on their bonuses for wins against Hamilton, Caley, Falkirk and Rangers.

The weekly wage at Tynecastle is due to be paid this morning and club officials were last night hoping there would be no further hitches.

But while they sweat, Romanov has seen his bank balance swell.

He is the largest shareholder in UKIO ? who also sponsor Hearts ? and they are making 21 per cent more cash than last year.

Now they have been hailed by the Lithuanian Business Employers? Confederation.

The toiling Jambos, in contrast, are expected to flog several first-team stars next month to ease their cash crisis.

Last weekend The Sun revealed the water at Tynecastle was on the verge of being cut off if the club did not pay its bills.

And earlier this week Second Division Arbroath agreed to wait until next month for the ?14,000 they are due from Hearts for Andy Webster?s sell-on fee.

Now Gayfield secretary Gary Callon is hoping they WILL receive the cash with no further delays.

He said: ?We spoke with Hearts earlier this week and we have agreed a deal.

?They will pay us a decent interest rate on top of what we are due so we?re happy with that.

?Now I am confident we will be paid in full and this matter will finally be over.?

Well done to our saviour!

business awards.... ballroom dancing trophies.... great stuff vlad.

it reflects well on hearts too of course.

Yup who cares about paying all those pesky creditors what we owe them eh :) :) :)

Yup who cares about paying all those pesky creditors what we owe them eh :) :) :)

indeed. there's more to life at the top of the vlad tree than paying people.... as long as there's dancing to be done, and awards ceremonies.

boabyarsebiscuit
Question: If VR isn't much of a businessman as you state, how come he has ended up where he is then?

Geniune question.

Post-USSR carve up, where dodgy people with friends in the right places filled their boots? Something like that?

business awards.... ballroom dancing trophies.... great stuff vlad.

it reflects well on hearts too of course.

Let's face the music and dance.

indeed. there's more to life at the top of the vlad tree than paying people.... as long as there's dancing to be done, and awards ceremonies.

There may be trouble ahead...

Did you intentionally miss out the "=" ?

Maybe this will be reported in some Baltic news sites, and we can feed back our congratulations to him, in the comments section.

Again can anyone confirm to me what role Romanov holds at Ukio, be it executive or non executive, or even what his current shareholding is?

Just to encourage others to do so I have actually complained to the Sun about this article. Frankly it's ridiculous and even for them is a very poor piece of journalism. Quite simply they are saying here's a successful business man we don't like and he hasn't given every penny to the club he's involved with so we are going to run a slagging story. The text of my email is as follows:

"I want to complain about your frankly ridiculous article on the back page today regarding Vladimir Romanov. Quite simply you are giving him a hard time for being a successful business owner and not deciding to pour every penny of his own money into Heart of Midlothian FC. Yes, Hearts might be struggling financially, but so are Aberdeen, Hibs and Rangers and I cannot for the life of me remember any articles where you gave Stewart Milne, Tom Farmer or David Murray respectively such a back page for being great at business, yet didn't put everything they had made into the football clubs with which they were affiliated. Frankly, your anti-Romanov bias betrays any sense of impartial journalism. Are you angling for a job on Fox News?"

I'm not sure what email address to send it to but have tried [email protected]. I would encourage everyone on here to email a similiar complaint. Nothing changes just moaning. Do something about it.

current shareholding around 33%. He's the major shareholder.

Is he on the board or in an executive role?

If not then I still contend he has won feck all.

Miller Jambo 60

Prancer do me a favour and get out the right side of bed in the morning.

Vlad could buy and sell you.

Post-USSR carve up, where dodgy people with friends in the right places filled their boots? Something like that?

But still there nearly twenty years later? That must take some nouse Boaby.

So Vlad's fine after all, and he's just making Hearts sweat a bit to teach us a lesson.

All these late payments, including the Arbroath saga, are just indicators of good cash-flow management.

And with the team doing well, he would never do anything to undermine their success.

I think I understand what's going on.

Charlie-Brown

Poor journalism and factually incorrect, ukio won an award not romanov & arbroath are still awaiting payment from Hearts but not as part of his sell on fee, there was no 'sell on fee'

Well done Vlad.

Surely a knighthood cant be far away.

Arise Sir Vladimir of Midlothian !!

:xmasgrin:

What a ****** romanov really is we are here worried about the future of our football club.

He is in lithuania drinking champagne and sitting on a pile of cash.

Vlad give it up you *****

ernie winchester
Can anyone tell me what Prancer's role is on Kickback ?

Genuine Question.

:D

What, and get another infraction? Nahhh, I'll pass. :xmasunsure:

What a ****** romanov really is we are here worried about the future of our football club.

He is in lithuania drinking champagne and sitting on a pile of cash.

Vlad give it up you *****

Do you want him to loan us some more money that we cant pay back ?

:xmaseye:

Isn't it the point that he may only have a small individual shareholding in Ukio Bankas but he does have a major shareholding in UBIG. UBIG in turn have a major stake in UKIO Bankas therefore he's not forcing undue pressure on anyone.

Don't even know if what I've said makes sense.

Just what is wrong with VR wanting the club to run itself with little or no cost to himself? Just what is wrong with trying to get the company self sufficient?

OK maybe he should have done so, some time ago but better late than never.

The club is not skint and is in no more risk of going out of business than any other team in the league so with sales and reduced wages in the new year things are moving in the right direction. Will all the moaners stop for the festive season and get behind the team? WE do have an important game tomorrow. Thanks.

siegementality
Do you want him to loan us some more money that we cant pay back ?

:xmaseye:

Hearts belong to Romanov.

Just to encourage others to do so I have actually complained to the Sun about this article. Frankly it's ridiculous and even for them is a very poor piece of journalism. Quite simply they are saying here's a successful business man we don't like and he hasn't given every penny to the club he's involved with so we are going to run a slagging story. The text of my email is as follows:

"I want to complain about your frankly ridiculous article on the back page today regarding Vladimir Romanov. Quite simply you are giving him a hard time for being a successful business owner and not deciding to pour every penny of his own money into Heart of Midlothian FC. Yes, Hearts might be struggling financially, but so are Aberdeen, Hibs and Rangers and I cannot for the life of me remember any articles where you gave Stewart Milne, Tom Farmer or David Murray respectively such a back page for being great at business, yet didn't put everything they had made into the football clubs with which they were affiliated. Frankly, your anti-Romanov bias betrays any sense of impartial journalism. Are you angling for a job on Fox News?"

I'm not sure what email address to send it to but have tried [email protected]. I would encourage everyone on here to email a similiar complaint. Nothing changes just moaning. Do something about it.

So Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen aren't paying their players on time either - yes/no...........NO, so your email is a total embarrassement (sp). The only club with tangible financial problems is Hearts, and since Vlad took over he has given the media opportunity after opportunity to ridicule Hearts and himself. Why not send an email of compaint to Vlad instead, far more useful to Hearts.

Guest GhostHunter
So Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen aren't paying their players on time either - yes/no...........NO, so your email is a total embarrassement (sp). The only club with tangible financial problems is Hearts, and since Vlad took over he has given the media opportunity after opportunity to ridicule Hearts and himself. Why not send an email of compaint to Vlad instead, far more useful to Hearts.

I'm sure West Ham fans are happy to hear that.

Or, Dunfermline ones.

Or, Liverpool ones.

Or indeed, Rangers ones...

etc etc

So personally aroud 33%, but if you include UBIG and his mother's shareholding, he controls around 52%?

Am I right in thinking that?

Sort of.

He's the chairman/majority shareholder of UBIG, which is Hearts' parent company/majority shareholder, so he's got the most shares in UBIG which means he has the biggest say in their dealings with UB, which he's also got the most shares in.

:xmascrazy:

Can anyone tell me what Prancer's role is on Kickback ?

Genuine Question.

:D

He's being paid by Romanov to post in such a way that Charlie Brown looks like the voice of reason by comparison.

FACT

END OF

Sort of.

He's the chairman/majority shareholder of UBIG, which is Hearts' parent company/majority shareholder, so he's got the most shares in UBIG which means he has the biggest say in their dealings with UB, which he's also got the most shares in.

:xmascrazy:

He is a shareholder of Ukio, this gives him voting rights, however, most of the decisions made by listed companies never reach a shareholder unless its of an exceptional nature and needs an EGM or AGM Ratification.

He does however have a very strong say in who the board members are thus he has a strong say in the people being appointed to deal with the business.

I have absolutely no clue how hands on he is in this process though. Also as its lithuania their stock market and legislation may operate differently

You probably also think Woolies is the only business in trouble with the credit crunch. My point is not that Hearts are not in financial difficulty. I'm sure they are. My point is that a lot of clubs are in difficulty, but all the media attention is on one club simply because the owner called all the journalists monkeys and since then they have lost all sense of impartiality.

So Vlad's fine after all, and he's just making Hearts sweat a bit to teach us a lesson.

All these late payments, including the Arbroath saga, are just indicators of good cash-flow management.

And with the team doing well, he would never do anything to undermine their success.

I think I understand what's going on.

Pay them early , Vlad i love

scott herbertson

we failed to take over the club

but hey!

let's complain about the damn profit -making guy who did!

Anything rather than think about our own failure

:xmastongue:

Again can anyone confirm to me what role Romanov holds at Ukio, be it executive or non executive, or even what his current shareholding is?

Why do you care?

You specifically said yesterday on the thread reporting the UKIO profits you couldnt care about UBIG or UKIO and only interested in Hearts, which would be fair enough, however you then went on to argue with anyone and everyone on that thread spouting your negative drivel, and here you are again on yet another UKIO/UBIG related thread doing the same. Hardly the actions of someone who "Does not care" is it.

He is a shareholder of Ukio, this gives him voting rights, however, most of the decisions made by listed companies never reach a shareholder unless its of an exceptional nature and needs an EGM or AGM Ratification.

He does however have a very strong say in who the board members are thus he has a strong say in the people being appointed to deal with the business.

I have absolutely no clue how hands on he is in this process though. Also as its lithuania their stock market and legislation may operate differently

Vladimir Romanov

Supervisory Board

Chairman

Roman Romanov

Supervisory Board

Taken from UBIG's official site, So i would say given between him and his son who between them own over 50% of the company in shares, would give him quite a substantial bit of clout wouldnt you say, and not just "a shareholder" as you put it. The fact he is the single biggest shareholder himself and Chairman (Highest in the company) compounds this further.

Archived