Arbroath have to wait [MERGED]

Five to One

Miller Jambo 60
Thats bad! The only thing is that it says Hearts admitted to having no money to pay, but theres no quotes from us saying that.

Credit Crunch mate.

Im sure HBOS will help us out.

Doubt it as they are down the tubes.

The statement below has just appeared on the UKIO website:

iŪkio bankas reports the eleven-month net profit of LTL 95.7 million

2008 12 11

During eleven months of 2008 Ūkio bankas earned net profit of LTL 95.7 million (EUR 27.7 million) – i. e. 21.3 percent more than in the same period of previous year, when a profit of LTL 78.9 million (EUR 22.8 million) was earned.

Ūkio bankas and Ūkio bankas Group comply with all the prudential requirements set by the Bank of Lithuania. As of 30 November 2008, Bank‘s capital adequacy ratio was 12.89 percent (requirement – not less than 8 percent), liquidity ratio – 36.72 percent (requirement – not less than 30 percent).

I post this just for further discussion and thoughts, but it does not appear, at first glance, as if it is all doom and gloom with VR's bank especially compared to the losses the banks in the UK have suffered!

DuffJimmy1875

I'm probably going to get hounded out of town for this, but not to worry.

It's 15,000 pounds guys. Hardly a quantity the non-payment of which can be attributed to the declining "largesse" of Romanov.

Apparently HMFC told the FoHSC that "there will be no Fire Sale of players in the upcoming transfer window" My definition of a fire-sale is that a) players are sold in large numbers and B) they go for less than their supporters value them at.

It'll be interesting to see how reticent Vlad is with would-be buyers (and he's got good money for players before) when the situation is such that the sum of 15k has been delayed until January - there seems to be a pressing need for money - any money - at Tynecastle, and I wouldn't be surprised if the sums received for the likes of Berra, Kingston and Driver and somewhat inferior to those desired by Hearts supporters, although I suspect that they'll all still be Hearts players on January 3rd (sadly)

Miller Jambo 60
I'm probably going to get hounded out of town for this, but not to worry.

It's 15,000 pounds guys. Hardly a quantity the non-payment of which can be attributed to the declining "largesse" of Romanov.

Apparently HMFC told the FoHSC that "there will be no Fire Sale of players in the upcoming transfer window" My definition of a fire-sale is that a) players are sold in large numbers and B) they go for less than their supporters value them at.

It'll be interesting to see how reticent Vlad is with would-be buyers (and he's got good money for players before) when the situation is such that the sum of 15k has been delayed until January - there seems to be a pressing need for money - any money - at Tynecastle, and I wouldn't be surprised if the sums received for the likes of Berra, Kingston and Driver and somewhat inferior to those desired by Hearts supporters, although I suspect that they'll all still be Hearts players on January 3rd (sadly)

Fletcher is away ,huns will buy and waste him.

The whoe article worry's me a football team cant pay 15k wtf.

On the other hand it is about time we got rid of ther high earners anyway.

It is time to even things out.

I reckon that no matter what happens we wont bust as it would have happend by now.

Maybe I am just an optimist

Drylaw Hearts
Its probably been said before but seeing as we have had to wait the best of three years to get anything like an answer from FIFA/UEFA/SFA/RSPCC or whoever, Arbroath can do the same.

I think we waited 18 months.

lastkingofscotland
I understood their share to be a percentage of any subsequent transfer fee which we haven't received. Only compensation. Technically, Hearts were within their rights not to pay Arbroath a penny but agreed to pay anyway.

I think that's the point the poster was making.

Could be wrong mind you as it seems you have seen the written contract.

So you've seen the written contract then, have you ? Have you ever seen any professional football contract ? Do you really believe that it simply says "If Andy gets selt, Arbroath get a wee bit eh ?"

Or is it more likely there's a sub-heading that says something along the lines of "TRANSFER OF REGISTRATION: In the event of the players registration being transferred to another club during the course of the agreed contract with Heart of Midlothian Football Club, Arbroath Football club shall be compensated in the amount of 15% of any monies received for the players services"

I'm not a solicitor or agent, but that's what I'd have written. I'd imagine the above could be picked apart in a court of law so whatever is in the actual contract is IMO probably watertight. Can we just put it to bed now please ? If there was any legal recourse for Hearts to avoid paying this money then it wouldn't have taken the legal team this long to find it.

Its probably been said before but seeing as we have had to wait the best of three years to get anything like an answer from FIFA/UEFA/SFA/RSPCC or whoever, Arbroath can do the same.

Arbroath have been waiting throughout these procedures as well, have they not ? However, if memory serves, they have been waiting subsequently since APRIL for their share of the funds, which Hearts confirmed they had received from Wigan. The delay we have imposed on Arbroath is simply indefensible IMO.

Hearts probably paid more than 15k in legal fees chasing the first penny from Webster. Did Arbroath contribute anything to that? We should have kept them waiting and waiting and waiting.

Not a peep from them to support Hearts when all this carry on was actually happening.

Archived