Leeds United

Walter Kidd

I think some people have a little too much time on their hands if they're listing all the clubs in order of preference! :tongue:

Also, disappointed to not see Slough Town make the list. Chucked out of the Conference because of their stadium, not even playing in their home town anymore yet they still managed to beat Walsall in the FA Cup a few years back. Mon the Rebels! :smile:

i care as much about english football as they care about ours. i worked down in england and wales for a while and they dont give a toss about scottish football just laugh at it .

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Any club that can pull in a crowd of 38,256 for a meaningless League One game at home to Gillingham is alright in my book

Leeds cheese burgers and chips fatso.

I care less for anyone, who does not accept Leeds.

Marching on together.

Come on the mighty Leeds! Leeds Leeds Leeds Leeds........:)

Remember though, that had a fair bit to do with it being 'Farewell to Dion' day. And if the club had behaved with the slightest shred of dignity, it would've been 'Farewell to Hucks' Day too - unfortunately, Roeder chose to wait until the following week to tell us he wouldn't be offering Huckerby a new contract. What a way to treat a club legend, eh? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Was a shame for Huckerby. ;) Who played a blinder despite your usual slip up against us by the way.

Any club that can pull in a crowd of 38,256 for a meaningless League One game at home to Gillingham is alright in my book

Any club whose fans try to prove they are Yorkshire's number 1 when we meet by throwing stones, rocks and **** at people including women and children, who regularly start scraps and look for innocent people at the car park off Ellend Road, who sing songs about the Munich disaster on a regular basis, and who tried to get a game abandoned by thousands running on the pitch near the end because they knew they were relegated is NOT alright in my book.

I don't hate Sheffield United or Hibs. I hate Leeds though. Detestable club that deserve everything going their way at the moment.

And I know what it is like listening to "Who are ya?" and "You're not famous anymore" whilst losing at home to the likes of Colchester and Tranmere in that division.

It is soul destroying.

Leeds deserve it though. Enjoy Cheltenham, Stockport and Hereford and...

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Any club whose fans try to prove they are Yorkshire's number 1 when we meet by throwing stones, rocks and **** at people including women and children, who regularly start scraps and look for innocent people at the car park off Ellend Road, who sing songs about the Munich disaster on a regular basis, and who tried to get a game abandoned by thousands running on the pitch near the end because they knew they were relegated is NOT alright in my book.

I don't hate Sheffield United or Hibs. I hate Leeds though. Detestable club that deserve everything going their way at the moment.

And I know what it is like listening to "Who are ya?" and "You're not famous anymore" whilst losing at home to the likes of Colchester and Tranmere in that division.

It is soul destroying.

Leeds deserve it though. Enjoy Cheltenham, Stockport and Hereford and...

If only they could pull in crowds of sub-15,000, like Hillsborough last night. There's a club on the up.

The Old Tolbooth
Nowhere near big enough - as much as I have a soft spot for them! Preston are my third favourite club in the Championship.

3rd favourite? Who's your 7th and 13th favourites, and where does it stop? :wacko:

:P

Oh, I can do better than that!

EPL

1. Tottenham Hotspur

-----------------------------

2. Liverpool

Shaun, Spurs are the Hibs of England.

You are correct that the scousers are No.2 though!

I see football started in 1990 for most of you. ;)

That's the best thing about lovable Leeds they disliked Manchester United and Chelsea long before it was cool

Millfield_Mackem
You were! We weren't! We had to win at Leicester and beat you and we managed it. Just. Was a great occasion that day though and it was testament to your support that you sold over 7000 for that game.

010304369470800.jpg

Pft. Thats nowt compared to us when we invaded the place 3 years ago.

**** everyone else.

Marching on together.

Chelsea are the new scousers. Plastic losers.

:worthless_thread:

If only they could pull in crowds of sub-15,000, like Hillsborough last night. There's a club on the up.

On the pitch yes we are on the up. Off the pitch make no mistake we are at our worst in nearly 30 years. That was our worst home league crowd in 8 years and before that you have to go back to the 70s.

15 years of decline, near 25% ticket price rises on last season, no transfer budget, forced sales of players, near ?30 million debt, a chairman who publicly abused fans, a board that sued its own supporters, the same board that have been there since the start of the decline, no hope of them leaving, division amongst fans groups, the list is endless.

Our average attendance was 24,000 in the 3rd tier. That's a 10,000 drop on lasts nights crowd despite being in a higher division. Our potential is massive, but we have been bled dry.

Spoken like a true Sheffield whinger.

Can't deny it though can you.

Did you enjoy Histon by the way?

Pft. Thats nowt compared to us when we invaded the place 3 years ago.

Norwich sold out their allocation, as did you. You always bring a good support who are on the whole good people. I always enjoy a trip up to your bit. Friendly unlike your ego-inflated barcode neighbours. That one guy who ran on the pitch and goaded the North Stand when you came was a **** though. He deserved the whack he got!

On the pitch yes we are on the up. Off the pitch make no mistake we are at our worst in nearly 30 years. That was our worst home league crowd in 8 years and before that you have to go back to the 70s.

15 years of decline, near 25% ticket price rises on last season, no transfer budget, forced sales of players, near ?30 million debt, a chairman who publicly abused fans, a board that sued its own supporters, the same board that have been there since the start of the decline, no hope of them leaving, division amongst fans groups, the list is endless.

Our average attendance was 24,000 in the 3rd tier. That's a 10,000 drop on lasts nights crowd despite being in a higher division. Our potential is massive, but we have been bled dry.

Too effing right. Absolutely appalling what's been done to Wednesday - but you remain a club with huge potential and great fans who, unlike many, seem remarkably philosphical about all that's happened and haven't turned on the team simply because you're so much less than you once were. Last I heard, Brian Laws was pretty popular but in danger of being forced out by the ongoing off-field farce: any update on that?

Worth bearing in mind what became of David Richards, the man who started all this too. Instead of oblivion where he belongs, he became a big cheese on the FA International Committee, pivotal to the appointment of Second Choice Steve as England boss! You couldn't make it up.

Norwich sold out their allocation, as did you. You always bring a good support who are on the whole good people. I always enjoy a trip up to your bit. Friendly unlike your ego-inflated barcode neighbours. That one guy who ran on the pitch and goaded the North Stand when you came was a **** though. He deserved the whack he got!

I have a lot of time for Sunderland too. Norwich and Sunderland have a brilliant relationship which goes back to the 1985 League Cup Final. There was a huge football match between hundreds of fans of both sides in the Wembley car park beforehand; and although the Mackems got their revenge in the 1992 FA Cup semi-final at Hillsborough (one of my worst days ever as a Norwich fan), the friendship endured. When we're in the same division, we play for the Friendship Trophy each season - and when Sunderland's game at Tranmere in January 1993 was called off, their fans headed up to Goodison to join us in the away end. Norwich won 1-0, and went top of the Premier League - how times change.

J.T.F.Robertson
leeds will be back you cant keep a big real club down :xmasgrin:

I also believe they will, as you say, "you can't keep a big real club down". :P

But seriously, they are a huge club, yet how long is it now they've been in the doldrums? Still, some on here want Romanov out at any cost and with no "plan B" to follow. If a club as big as Leeds are, can still be in the **** all these years later ..........

I also believe they will, as you say, "you can't keep a big real club down". :P

But seriously, they are a huge club, yet how long is it now they've been in the doldrums? Still, some on here want Romanov out at any cost and with no "plan B" to follow. If a club as big as Leeds are, can still be in the **** all these years later ..........

I don't want AFC Hearts at all. But Leeds are in a much more competitive, difficult league structure than we are.

I have a lot of time for Sunderland too. Norwich and Sunderland have a brilliant relationship which goes back to the 1985 League Cup Final. There was a huge football match between hundreds of fans of both sides in the Wembley car park beforehand; and although the Mackems got their revenge in the 1992 FA Cup semi-final at Hillsborough (one of my worst days ever as a Norwich fan), the friendship endured. When we're in the same division, we play for the Friendship Trophy each season - and when Sunderland's game at Tranmere in January 1993 was called off, their fans headed up to Goodison to join us in the away end. Norwich won 1-0, and went top of the Premier League - how times change.

Hate the board mate. Love the club. We're **** now and we know it. Sad but nonetheless true. Unlike what WK says Leeds are the real whingers. Thinking they BELONG higher up the league. They are where they are, and you are only as good as your current league position. They are a big club, with big potential, and I'd love to see all the bigger clubs in the top leagues, but it is up to them to change where they are.

With regards to us at the moment Laws is massively popular. However many fans including several friends of mine don't go because of the legal action. They simply won't return until the people responsible are gone from the club.

J.T.F.Robertson
I don't want AFC Hearts at all. But Leeds are in a much more competitive, difficult league structure than we are.

Who said anything about you? :P

I was going to mention their involvement in a much larger set-up, but even taking that into consideration, who'd have pictured them to be toiling in "League 1".

The point I tried to get across is, you sink that level of uncertainty and the only certainty is, you can't predict just how bad the contents of Pandora's Box might be.

Hate the board mate. Love the club. We're **** now and we know it. Sad but nonetheless true. Unlike what WK says Leeds are the real whingers. Thinking they BELONG higher up the league. They are where they are, and you are only as good as your current league position. They are a big club, with big potential, and I'd love to see all the bigger clubs in the top leagues, but it is up to them to change where they are.

With regards to us at the moment Laws is massively popular. However many fans including several friends of mine don't go because of the legal action. They simply won't return until the people responsible are gone from the club.

I entirely understand that - and should maybe be noted by those of us furious at other Hearts fans for making their own personal stand against Romanov. I thought the legal action - and what a joke that was - had finally been dropped, though? Terence Brown of West Ham took a similar action all the way to the courts, I believe! :eek:

Who said anything about you? :P

I was going to mention their involvement in a much larger set-up, but even taking that into consideration, who'd have pictured them to be toiling in "League 1".

The point I tried to get across is, you sink that level of uncertainty and the only certainty is, you can't predict just how bad the contents of Pandora's Box might be.

Very true - but it's only as a last resort with all other options having been exhausted, of course.

J.T.F.Robertson
I would just like to add, long may Leeds United rot.

That is all!

There (possibly) but for (spending a) fortune .....

Shaun, Spurs are the Hibs of England.

You are correct that the scousers are No.2 though!

That is unhappily true. But Chelsea are the Rangers of England, Boris!

I entirely understand that - and should maybe be noted by those of us furious at other Hearts fans for making their own personal stand against Romanov. I thought the legal action - and what a joke that was - had finally been dropped, though? Terence Brown of West Ham took a similar action all the way to the courts, I believe! :eek:

The legal action has ended but the bitterness is still there. The people responsible have not apologised or shown any remorse for what they have done. They want to remain at the club and many fans share different opinions. Understandable too.

Nothing more cringe-inducing than indigenous Scots giving it the big licks like they're diehard English club football fans.

*shudder*

3rd favourite? Who's your 7th and 13th favourites, and where does it stop? :wacko:

:P

7th favourite? Burnley. 13th favourite? Donny. And in my ludicrous case, it never stops mate! :)

The legal action has ended but the bitterness is still there. The people responsible have not apologised or shown any remorse for what they have done. They want to remain at the club and many fans share different opinions. Understandable too.

That's sad. Out of interest, you don't know a guy called Tom Adams, do you? He's another Owl I know through messageboards - hilarious chap and very, very smart with it.

I think some people have a little too much time on their hands if they're listing all the clubs in order of preference! :tongue:

Also, disappointed to not see Slough Town make the list. Chucked out of the Conference because of their stadium, not even playing in their home town anymore yet they still managed to beat Walsall in the FA Cup a few years back. Mon the Rebels! :smile:

Friendly bombs fall on Slough... :tongue:

Nah, that's harsh. Quite shocking what's become of the Rebels: in 1992/3, when MON's Wycombe ran away with the Conference, Slough were their closest challengers for most of the season. What happened? Did the board screw you over?

Nothing more cringe-inducing than indigenous Scots giving it the big licks like they're diehard English club football fans.

*shudder*

Just a hunch but I believe some of the contributors to this thread may not be indigenous Scots.

That's sad. Out of interest, you don't know a guy called Tom Adams, do you? He's another Owl I know through messageboards - hilarious chap and very, very smart with it.

I don't mate.

Just a hunch but I believe some of the contributors to this thread may not be indigenous Scots.

I don't mate.

Just a hunch, but by definition my post doesn't reply to them.

;)

Not because I'm a fan but because I follow Tranmere down here and leeds have a habit of letting us beat them.

In fact if you search you tube you'll see my video from Elland road last season when we done you 2 nil. Just put in "Tranmere win at leeds"

Elland road is fantastic btw. What an atmosphere. Mind you think the locals were a little wound up by the tranmere lads going into the pub opposite and giving out a few slaps. :xmasgrin: :xmaswoot: :xmastongue:

Millfield_Mackem

I must admit, it was possibly the best away game ive ever been to. We battered you's for about 80 minutes. We had a crazy ten minutes where we were absolutely useless and conceded two.

We took the micky out of some band when he tried to get us to join in a record attempt air guitar. Oh boy, how we laughed. We got our 'Na na na na Keano' song from you's. Hey Jude was played over the tannoy to help your supporters, when in fact it was the other way round. It was me and a few others around me who started it. Non stop singing for 45 minutes. I can remember hundreds of Sunlun supporters in the home ends. 8-9k of us, they reckon.

Keane slated the players for that crazy ten minutes. We all thought we had stumbled upon the messiah. He didnt settle for second best. Ohh hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Would love to go back. Great ground, friendly supporters.

Archived