Leeds United

Walter Kidd

portobellojambo1
**** everyone else.

Marching on together.

Chelsea are the new scousers. Plastic losers.

I think it will end 1-1 myself.

**** everyone else.

Marching on together.

Chelsea are the new scousers. Plastic losers.

Takes balls to post that when Peterborough are above you in the league by 4 points.

Leeds cheese burgers and chips fatso.

I care less for anyone, who does not accept Leeds.

Marching on together.

The Old Tolbooth
Leeds cheese burgers and chips fatso.

I care less for anyone, who does not accept Leeds.

Marching on together.

Going down together was that? Sounds a bit hoboish to me ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4D5pFGNlBs8&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JMr9BejwVTE&feature=related

Both vids dedicated to WK - who in cyber terms, really, really doesn't like me - but I realise may be hurting at the mo. Leeds' 91/2 side was almost absurdly underrated, and had a ****ing monster of a midfield. It also had most neutrals roaring them on given who they were up against - and I remember laughing my head off when Liverpool's 2-0 defeat of Man Utd clinched Wiko's men the title (not least because it won me a tenner off a United-supporting mate of mine at school: I tipped Leeds for the title preseason, he tipped Man U).

Leeds are one of England's ten great clubs. At present, I alternate almost daily between laughing at their predicament and wanting them to return - which undoubtedly they will. And if anyone ever accuses them of being a predictable long-ball side under Wilkinson, they'd do well to acquaint themselves with a video of Sheffield Wednesday 1 Leeds United 6: the Owls finished a brilliant 3rd that season, but Leeds simply demolished them. Oh, and for pure comic **** taking, the entire Leeds squad's insistence to the ITV cameras that winning the title was "just a bonus" took some beating: trust me, you had to be there!

Anyway, this one goes out to you Walter: you'll be back, as I'm sure you know anyway.

Lawson. We are in the top 1 club in England. No one else matters.

Yorkshire.

Yorkshire

Yorkshire

It scunners me to see how low Leeds have fallen especially when no mark teams such as Wigan, Portsmouth, Stoke etc are in Premiership:mad:

The Old Tolbooth

laughing my head off when Liverpool's 2-0 defeat of Man Utd clinched Wiko's men the title

A very sweet moment for me :)

Lawson. We are in the top 1 club in England. No one else matters.

Yorkshire.

Yorkshire

Yorkshire

:biggrin:

Christ - no wonder you're a Leeds fan!

HMFCjamieHMFC
It scunners me to see how low Leeds have fallen especially when no mark teams such as Wigan, Portsmouth, Stoke etc are in Premiership:mad:

but how can those clubs create a history if the top league was just filled up with the bigger clubs

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nf-MYI3wlng&feature=related

;) Wednesday are Yorkshire's number 1.

I enjoyed that day out so much. Was when you were just about doomed to League 1. The only part of the ground that was full was the Hesco End. 3-0 up and we scored an own goal, the only way you looked like scoring. :laugh: "4-0 to the Wednesday boys".

7,000 fans singing 'Always look on the bright side of life' while you stream out the ground :rofl:

but how can those clubs create a history if the top league was just filled up with the bigger clubs

Wigan especially are a plastic, no mark club though. Loads of clubs talk about the Premier League being their 'rightful place' - but for me, that applies to the following 20:

Manchester United

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Newcastle United

Tottenham Hotspur

Aston Villa

Everton

Manchester City

Leeds United

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Sunderland

Birmingham City

Sheffield Wednesday

West Ham United

Nottingham Forest

Derby County

Middlesbrough

West Bromwich Albion

Bolton Wanderers

Now that would be some league!

Wigan especially are a plastic, no mark club though. Loads of clubs talk about the Premier League being their 'rightful place' - but for me, that applies to the following 20:

Manchester United

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Newcastle United

Tottenham Hotspur

Aston Villa

Everton

Manchester City

Leeds United

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Sunderland

Birmingham City

Sheffield Wednesday

West Ham United

Nottingham Forest

Derby County

Middlesbrough

West Bromwich Albion

Bolton Wanderers

You've finally lost it. Boro are a piddling wee club that has won 1 trophy in their entire crappy wee existence:evilno:

Smog munching no marks!

You've finally lost it. Boro are a piddling wee club that has won 1 trophy in their entire crappy wee existence:evilno:

Smog munching no marks!

I don't think much of them either - but who would you have in instead? Blackburn? Leicester? Sheff Utd?

I don't think much of them either - but who would you have in instead? Blackburn? Leicester? Sheff Utd?

Any of them to be honest.

Any of them to be honest.

Don't get me wrong - I think they're a plastic club myself - but once you get below the top 15 or so, it gets tricky. Birmingham, incidentally, have never won anything - yet I think they'd have to be in any top 20 list. Of the three alternatives I mentioned, probably the Blades have the best claim I reckon.

Ipswich Town might be a good choice, no?

Ipswich Town might be a good choice, no?

No. :mad:

For the record, they'd be around 25th on my list (below the three I've mentioned plus Pompey; above Norwich (:sad:), Southampton, Coventry, QPR and Palace.

Manchester United

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Newcastle United

Tottenham Hotspur

Aston Villa

Everton

Manchester City

Leeds United

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Sunderland

Birmingham City

Sheffield Wednesday

West Ham United

Nottingham Forest

Derby County

Middlesbrough

West Bromwich Albion

Bolton Wanderers

I'd have Blackburn in for West Brom. As one of only 4 winners of the EPL they surely deserve it !

No. :mad:

For the record, they'd be around 25th on my list (below the three I've mentioned plus Pompey; above Norwich (:sad:), Southampton, Coventry, QPR and Palace.

I was surprised when you didn't include Norwich in the list to be honest. :tongue:What are you basing it on? Success, history, fans?

There's only 1 proper club in the north east IMO and it's not Boro or the ego-inflated Barcodes. I'd still have Newcastle in however.

Personally I'd have Blackburn ahead of United. At least they've won something in living memory. Although I'm probably biased.

Birmingham have won something. The League Cup albeit 40 odd years ago. :laugh: Sorry Shaun but surely Ipswich have a claim with their European exploits too?

Manchester United

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Newcastle United

Tottenham Hotspur

Aston Villa

Everton

Manchester City

Leeds United

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Sunderland

Birmingham City

Sheffield Wednesday

West Ham United

Nottingham Forest

Derby County

Middlesbrough

West Bromwich Albion

Bolton Wanderers

The premier division can only belong to those teams who have earned their places on the pitch. Any other criteria is as hobo-esque as "playing the game the way it's meant to be played". :tongue:

I was surprised when you didn't include Norwich in the list to be honest. :tongue:What are you basing it on? Success, history, fans?

A mixture of everything. Norwich, with two League Cups (one by beating the mighty Rochdale back when no-one cared) and no FA Cup Final appearances just don't cut it. We're a second flight club who had a near-quarter century between 1972 and 1995 out of kilter with the rest of our history, really. I think we're a bigger club than Ipswich - but as the second most successful provincial club in England (after Forest), they'd have to be above us in the pecking order. One League title, one FA Cup, one UEFA Cup, several League runners-up spots... read it and weep. :sad:

The premier division can only belong to those teams who have earned their places on the pitch. Any other criteria is as hobo-esque as "playing the game the way it's meant to be played". :tongue:

In that case, get Bolton out of there and get Burnley in. :)

I'd have Blackburn in for West Brom. As one of only 4 winners of the EPL they surely deserve it !

Maybe - do they have the fanbase though? I took an age choosing between them and Bolton, who're in for history's sake as much as anything else.

True but it's a good list of clubs and as Shaun said it would be very interesting to see.

A mixture of everything. Norwich, with two League Cups (one by beating the mighty Rochdale back when no-one cared) and no FA Cup Final appearances just don't cut it. We're a second flight club who had a near-quarter century between 1972 and 1995 out of kilter with the rest of our history, really. I think we're a bigger club than Ipswich - but as the second most successful provincial club in England (after Forest), they'd have to be above us in the pecking order. One League title, one FA Cup, one UEFA Cup, several League runners-up spots... read it and weep. :sad:

There's still time yet for Norwich to catch up and pass the Tractor Boys. :) Just out of interest, what is your definition of "provincial"?

Shall I rephrase that?

"The premier division can only belong to those teams who have earned their place on the pitch or are funded way beyond their natural means by arms dealers, while doing absolutely nothing about their disgrace of a stadium".

There - that's better. :tongue:

What about Preston North End, first winners of the double ? :mw_rolleyes:

Blackburn should be ahead of 'boro, 6 times FA Cup winners too.

There's still time yet for Norwich to catch up and pass the Tractor Boys. :) Just out of interest, what is your definition of "provincial"?

Don't come from the capital or a big industrial or post-industrial city.

What about Preston North End, first winners of the double ? :mw_rolleyes:

Blackburn should be ahead of 'boro, 6 times FA Cup winners too.

Nowhere near big enough - as much as I have a soft spot for them! Preston are my third favourite club in the Championship.

There's only 1 proper club in the north east IMO and it's not Boro or the ego-inflated Barcodes. I'd still have Newcastle in however.

Personally I'd have Blackburn ahead of United. At least they've won something in living memory. Although I'm probably biased.

Birmingham have won something. The League Cup albeit 40 odd years ago. :laugh: Sorry Shaun but surely Ipswich have a claim with their European exploits too?

They have a better claim than us, certainly. But it's about as relevant to the present day as Aberdeen's claims to greatness are in Scotland.

Don't come from the capital or a big industrial or post-industrial city.

Ah, it was so much simpler when "provincial" meant anywhere outside the capital. :) Why should how industrialised a city is make any difference? Nottingham has a very long and distinguished industrial past. ;)

Nowhere near big enough - as much as I have a soft spot for them! Preston are my third favourite club in the Championship.

Quite like Preston and your lot Norwich too. Good clubs and good fans. Was great when you sold out your allocation at the end of last season at Hillsborough. 37,000 in the ground that day. Excellent atmosphere and for a CCC relegation battle.

Ah, it was so much simpler when "provincial" meant anywhere outside the capital. :) Why should how industrialised a city is make any difference? Nottingham has a very long and distinguished industrial past. ;)

I think it's to do with being considered a 'football hotbed'. London, the North West, North East, West Midlands and Yorkshire all are; the East Midlands and East Anglia generally aren't.

Quite like Preston and your lot Norwich too. Good clubs and good fans. Was great when you sold out your allocation at the end of last season at Hillsborough. 37,000 in the ground that day. Excellent atmosphere and for a CCC relegation battle.

Relegation battle? We were already safe, mate! We do have a superb support, quite out of keeping with the drivel served up on the pitch over the last four years. And yep, I like Wednesday too: you're my 2nd favourite club in the Championship. :)

I think it's to do with being considered a 'football hotbed'. London, the North West, North East, West Midlands and Yorkshire all are; the East Midlands and East Anglia generally aren't.

Ok, good to know. I just think that the term "provincial" has been used by many people (not you evidently) in a pretty patronising way over the years. Me, I don't see the difference between a club in a large city, in a "football hotbed", in a town, whatever. Football clubs are football clubs and labelling Nottingham Forest as "provincial", especially after all they have done, seems pointless.

Relegation battle? We were already safe, mate! We do have a superb support, quite out of keeping with the drivel served up on the pitch over the last four years. And yep, I like Wednesday too: you're my 2nd favourite club in the Championship. :)

Just out of interest Shaun, do you have all the league clubs ordered in terms of preference. In which case, who is at the top and bottom of each league?

You were! We weren't! We had to win at Leicester and beat you and we managed it. Just. Was a great occasion that day though and it was testament to your support that you sold over 7000 for that game.

010304369470800.jpg

Just out of interest Shaun, do you have all the league clubs ordered in terms of preference. In which case, who is at the top and bottom of each league?

Oh, I can do better than that!

EPL

1. Tottenham Hotspur

-----------------------------

2. Liverpool

3. Manchester City

4. Aston Villa

5. Hull City

6. Sunderland

7. West Bromwich Albion

8. Fulham

9. Newcastle United

10. West Ham United

11. Chelsea

12. Blackburn Rovers

13. Arsenal

14. Everton

15. Wigan Athletic

16. Bolton Wanderers

17. Manchester United

----------------------------

18. Portsmouth

19. Middlesbrough

20. Stoke City

Championship

1. Norwich City

2. Sheffield Wednesday

3. Preston North End

4. Blackpool

5. Plymouth Argyle

6. Swansea City

7. Burnley

8. Queens Park Rangers

9. Bristol City

10. Charlton Athletic

11. Derby County

12. Barnsley

13. Doncaster Rovers

14. Reading

15. Nottingham Forest

16. Crystal Palace

17. Coventry City

18. Ipswich Town

19. Watford

20. Birmingham City

21. Sheffield United

22. Southampton

23. Cardiff City

24. Wolverhampton Wanderers

League 1

Top three: Brighton and Hove Albion, Swindon Town, Crewe Alexandra

Bottom four: Leeds United, Peterborough United, Millwall, MK Dons

League 2:

Top four: Wycombe Wanderers, Shrewsbury Town, Notts County, AFC Bournemouth

Bottom two: Gillingham, Luton Town

And the award for JKB sadsack of the year goes to...

You were! We weren't! We had to win at Leicester and beat you and we managed it. Just. Was a great occasion that day though and it was testament to your support that you sold over 7000 for that game.

010304369470800.jpg

Remember though, that had a fair bit to do with it being 'Farewell to Dion' day. And if the club had behaved with the slightest shred of dignity, it would've been 'Farewell to Hucks' Day too - unfortunately, Roeder chose to wait until the following week to tell us he wouldn't be offering Huckerby a new contract. What a way to treat a club legend, eh? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh, I can do better than that!

I thought you might. ;) I won't ask how much further down the football ladder it goes. :laugh:

Nice to see that you don't have Ipswich at the bottom despite their being your rivals. Nice also to see Plymouth up there. Two questions - why don't you like Southampton (that wee inoffensive club) and what attracts you to Swansea?!

I thought you might. ;) I won't ask how much further down the football ladder it goes. :laugh:

Nice to see that you don't have Ipswich at the bottom despite their being your rivals. Nice also to see Plymouth up there. Two questions - why don't you like Southampton (that wee inoffensive club) and what attracts you to Swansea?!

Swansea? Cyril the Swan, nothing more! I'm aware that they have an, ahem, troublesome element... Southampton fans drive me crazy. Every one I've ever come across have been thick as ****: from decrying Hoddle's move to Spurs and droning on about the potential of their new stadium (arf!) - to, while I was in the area researching in August '07, writing into the local paper demanding Burley's head. This after a summer in which they'd come *this* close to administration thanks to the mindblowing incompetence of their board.

Oh, and don't be fooled by the inoffensive image. They have plenty of ******s among their support - and the place itself is a **** stain on the nation's underpants.

Archived