Travel Insurance

cosanostra

Which company gives the best deal? Looking for suggestions.

A decent level of cover for an annual worldwide policy is needed.

scottish_chicP

You should go onto Moneysupermarket.com. It compares all the companies. I got a really good deal for Oz next week.

GOOGLE! Nah honestly I had a years cover for about ?100 worldwide, best thing to do is google cheap travel insurance.

I use PJ Hayman and Co - only cause they do decent diabetic cover.

Yearly policy with diabetic cover (incl US/Canada) is about ?60.

The jokers at Royal Mail wanted ?250 for same policy - an extra ?160 for the diabetic cover.

One stop travel insurance is also quite cheap.

Open a Royalties bank account (current account) with the RBS.

The account costs ?12 a month, but among the benefits you get is comprehensive travel insurance for you and a partner.

It is one of the best travel insurance policies around.

The account costs ?12 a month, but among the benefits you get is comprehensive travel insurance for you and a partner.

I detest RBS mate, had a very bad experience with them years ago and i avoid them like the plague now.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

WK's one seems to be the cheapest with best cover so far.

The People's Chimp

As a skier who needs the cringeworthy "extreme sports" cover for my off piste antics I find gotravel insurance- who incidentally are advertising on the ad at the top of the page right now - to be really easy, quick and cheap.

Best practise is to ask anyone that has had a claim, I have known several people that have had things stolen and their insurance policy has failed to pay out....

Best shout so far.

Royalties Gold, ?12.95 per month. Also comes with free Green Flag car breakdown cover and mobile phone insruance.

You can get certain Credit Cards with an Anual Fee of around ?270 where you get great travel insurance cover for the family along with executive airport lounge access. Have had to claim in the last week. The cover looks good on paper but we shall see.

Best practise is to ask anyone that has had a claim, I have known several people that have had things stolen and their insurance policy has failed to pay out....

Good advice!

Most of the comments on here seem to be about who is the cheapest and that aparently equates to "the best". Its a false economy going for the cheapest without checking out the cover first.

If you're getting a quote you should be provided with a "key facts" document. Its also worth getting a copy of the policy document as well. They're generally not too long for travel insurance policies.

Make sure you read over it and envisage what could go wrong with your holiday - accident/loss of luggage/death or illness of a family member etc, etc.

Its important that you understand what you are covered for before you take out the insurance. That way you know what your getting and shouldn't be disappointed when a claim is turned down for something that is obviously not covered.

Finally check out the part about medical conditions. There are certain things you need to disclose; this also applies to close family members e.g. your sister who isn't travelling with you, dies when your on holiday and you need to cut it short and fly back.

Archived