Aguiar away?

andrew

http://www.portugoal.net/PortAbroad0809/200812091-Aguiar-Quaresma.htm

?My future? My contract is up in May, then we?ll see what happens. A return to Portugal? I don?t want that, I would prefer England or Spain as they are championships I like. QPR (managed by Paulo Sousa)? Nobody has approached me directly, I only know of that through the papers. I am going to keep giving my best, I love to play football and I?m enjoying it.?

a true professional - getting stuck in and enjoying his fitba.

or as some cynics may say... a true professional playing for a new contract.:byebye:

Possibly our best player at the moment; the type that I admire the most: skilful, postitive and wholehearted.

He's came back into the team performed magnificently.

But sadly, as is the the way - he'll be off in January.

As kids, we had our heroes. But now it's just revolving door.

Buffalo Bill

He's just answering the questions asked of him by the journalist - doesn't commit to anything.

that is the way I seen it

I have been thinking about bruno I am hoping we get him on a new contract.

Then sell him on at a reasonable price just feel he owes us that.

Possibly our best player at the moment; the type that I admire the most: skilful, postitive and wholehearted.

Buffalo Bill

Sad but true m8. It seems most the players will never be here long enough to form a bond with the fans and become "True Heroes" in the sense of it.

Would be gutted if we lost Bruno.

For a long time we were ineffective from attacking set pieces and since he has come back we have been dangerous at them. Not only has he scored two free kicks but his delivery at set pieces, especially free kicks, has led to us scoring from them more often than we were previously.

Say What Again
does anyone else get annoyed when we pay someone for a year and a half as they are injured and then they want to go?

Yes.

I think he owes it to the club to at least sign a new contract so we get a fair price for him.

Sad but true m8. It seems most the players will never be here long enough to form a bond with the fans and become "True Heroes" in the sense of it.

Maybe for the older supporter....however, every kid will still have their heroes!

Buffalo Bill

If he goes to QPR I'm sharpening my pitchfork and coming looking for you! :mad:

I love the guy and appreciate he must be sold but does anyone else get annoyed when we pay someone for a year and a half as they are injured and then they want to go?

Where does he say he wants to go?

I think he would sign a new contract if offered and we could then get a decent price for him.

Can't see it happening though and he'll probably be offski for a couple of hundred grand.

I love the guy and appreciate he must be sold but does anyone else get annoyed when we pay someone for a year and a half as they are injured and then they want to go?

I would be raging, no team would of touched him a year ago.

We stood by him while he was injured and if he drops his pants at the first offer that comes in it will be a disgrace.

I think he owes it to the club to at least sign a new contract so we get a fair price for him.

I'm sure he would be more than happy to do so. Ball is very much in Hearts court though...

Hearts need to offer him one first.

Fair comment. I remember him saying he would love to renew at Hearts but was concentrating on showing he was worth it - no argument that he's proven that.

His comments today, I suppose, could be a wake up call for VR to get the new offer in, if he can afford it, otherwise be prepared to lose him for a cut-rate price in January or nothing in the summer.

If he goes to QPR I'm sharpening my pitchfork and coming looking for you! :mad:

Muriston Lane, Chelsea!

Buffalo Bill

it would be a giant **** up of biblical proportions not to offer bruno a new contract, one that he would find worthy of signing that is.

he can sign a pre-contract with someone else in a matter of a few weeks. even apart from that he only has until may on his contract so we aren't going to get much for him. what must be done is to get him signed up again so that he becomes an asset. by all means let him have a trigger fee clause or something of that ilk. better still to sign him up again for the long term benefit of the team.

to allow this guy to slip away without putting up a fight would not make any financial sense and it may well prove to be a good indicator of the financial well being of the parent company whether it happens or not.

Exactly!

Let's not moan at Bruno leaving if it's the club that's moving him on.

The Old Tolbooth
it would be a giant **** up of biblical proportions not to offer bruno a new contract, one that he would find worthy of signing that is.

he can sign a pre-contract with someone else in a matter of a few weeks. even apart from that he only has until may on his contract so we aren't going to get much for him. what must be done is to get him signed up again so that he becomes an asset. by all means let him have a trigger fee clause or something of that ilk. better still to sign him up again for the long term benefit of the team.

to allow this guy to slip away without putting up a fight would not make any financial sense and it may well prove to be a good indicator of the financial well being of the parent company whether it happens or not.

I agree totally mate, but we don't even have a pot to pish in so it looks like we're gonna have to rely on kids on sweety money to see the season out. :(

The People's Chimp

Aye, but have the club been putting any offers to him? It certainly doesn't seem that way...

Frankenstein Jambo.

I find it very strange that the club have failed to offer bruno a new 3 year contract with the idea that this will increase his value come jan. He has shown how dangerous and skillful he is, he has shown that he is over his injury so he should be offered a contract, its common sense ffs.

Are Hearts scared that he will renew his contract then we wont be able to sell him?

Yes,I get annoyed at that aswell mate.

I would like to see Bruno stay for a while longer. He is a great player and would be a great loss to us if he was sold in january.. Plus he is due hearts at least another year for all the time and money they spent on him when he was injured..

I can understand him wanting to leave to play in England or Europe but I prefer it if he stayed at tynecastle for a bit longer...

Yes,I get annoyed at that aswell mate.

I would like to see Bruno stay for a while longer. He is a great player and would be a great loss to us if he was sold in january.. Plus he is due hearts at least another year for all the time and money they spent on him when he was injured..

I can understand him wanting to leave to play in England or Europe but I prefer it if he stayed at tynecastle for a bit longer...

The problem is, it's out of Bruno's hands.

He is out of contract in May, so come January he can sign a pre-contract with anyone he wants. In the current climate, if Hearts don't put an offer on the table for him he'd be a fool not to fix himself up elsewhere!

I'm sure Bruno himself would be delighted to sign a new deal and pay us back for getting him back to fitness again, but the balls in Hearts court - the club have to make the offer.

Whilst Bruno has been playing well you have to wonder how much of it is Alan Gow syndrome

He never really delivered pre injury and whilst was a decent SPL player wasnt great, now here he is 4 weeks away from pre contract time and suddenly he is putting in top class performances.

It seems to me he realises a massive signing on fee and 5 figures a week is close by and is turning it on.

We have lost and replaced better and part of me is reluctant to end up tied into a lucrative long term contract based on 5 or 6 performances, especially when he wasnt anywhere near this good pre injury.

If QPR offer a half decent sum in January I would let him go, otherwise we take our chances and hope.

He is replacable imo for not a lot

Whilst Bruno has been playing well you have to wonder how much of it is Alan Gow syndrome

He never really delivered pre injury and whilst was a decent SPL player wasnt great, now here he is 4 weeks away from pre contract time and suddenly he is putting in top class performances.

It seems to me he realises a massive signing on fee and 5 figures a week is close by and is turning it on.

We have lost and replaced better and part of me is reluctant to end up tied into a lucrative long term contract based on 5 or 6 performances, especially when he wasnt anywhere near this good pre injury.

If QPR offer a half decent sum in January I would let him go, otherwise we take our chances and hope.

He is replacable imo for not a lot

As you have had pointed out to you a dozen times when you?ve made the same comment previously: He is excelling in a different, more advanced position from that which he was asked to play previously.

Bruno?s agent was asked about his contract expiring in the summer when he scored on his return against Hibs. He said "Bruno is just back from a long injury, he needs to play football, then we can look at the contract situation. Hearts have not made an offer or opened discussions yet and that is fine.". Bruno has said the exact same himself in interviews since including the one above. I think Hearts should make an offer for him to sign a new deal and he is the sort I guy I suspect, who would sign a new deal so the club could get more for him, if asked to do so. Bruno will not be talking to other clubs behind Hearts back - of that I am pretty confident.

As you have had pointed out to you a dozen times when you?ve made the same comment previously: He is excelling in a different, more advanced position from that which he was asked to play previously.

Bruno?s agent was asked about his contract expiring in the summer when he scored on his return against Hibs. He said "Bruno is just back from a long injury, he needs to play football, then we can look at the contract situation. Hearts have not made an offer or opened discussions yet and that is fine.". Bruno has said the exact same himself in interviews since including the one above. I think Hearts should make an offer for him to sign a new deal and he is the sort I guy I suspect, who would sign a new deal so the club could get more for him, if asked to do so. Bruno will not be talking to other clubs behind Hearts back - of that I am pretty confident.

I see what your saying

I just think it would be foolish to get locked into a new deal now, I would suggest we tell bruno he will get a new deal in April and May if he keeps this up.

If he chooses to walk away anyway, well feck him, cant be all that loyal in the first place and we can nickname him brhuno aghuair:laugh:

I see what your saying

I just think it would be foolish to get locked into a new deal now, I would suggest we tell bruno he will get a new deal in April and May if he keeps this up.

If he chooses to walk away anyway, well feck him, cant be all that loyal in the first place and we can nickname him brhuno aghuair:laugh:

i'm sure someone at hearts has had a eureka moment and thought of the possibility of the club being exposed to another fruitless financial burden. if it's possible then they should be looking to get him signed up on a 1 year deal with an option (club's option) of a 2 year extension. personally i think he could get a more concrete offer elsewhere so it's probably unlikely the player or agent would go for that. that being the case then hearts should maybe take a punt on this one because he's proved himself to be top class in a remarkably short period of time since he came back. potentially he's worth a few million. i don't see aguiar as the 'wage thief' type, he's worth a punt.

He hasn't said he wants to go. On the contrary, he is full of praise for Csaba for giving him all the encouragement needed to get back into the game.

portobellojambo1

He hasn't said he wants to leave, I think he has been realistic and simply answered the questions put to him.

Players come, players go, it is part of the job remit. If they come and if they go for the right reasons then as fans you just have to accept it and carry on.

Robbie Neilson? :):):laugh:

Archived