Zaliukas off to Moscow?

Ryan Gosling

Geoff Kilpatrick

Credit crunch? What credit crunch?

Rod Petrie = wee deals, Vladimir Romanov = big deals :laugh:

N.B. I am aware this is the super, soaraway Sun and the rumour is probably testicles!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Simply incredible. It would be one of the best bits of business ever dne by the club. Bit their hands off.

eddie fenwick
Simply incredible. It would be one of the best bits of business ever dne by the club. Bit their hands off.

shhhhhhhhhhhh,the russians may be reading this

Chesney will follow him....

Is the fact that Hearts appear to be openly getting rid of the Lithuanian players, indicative of VR looking to dispose of HMFC?

Credit crunch? What credit crunch?

Rod Petrie = wee deals, Vladimir Romanov = big deals :laugh:

N.B. I am aware this is the super, soaraway Sun and the rumour is probably testicles!

All of a sudden we are sun worshipers :)

Charlie-Brown
Is the fact that Hearts appear to be openly getting rid of the Lithuanian players, indicative of VR looking to dispose of HMFC?

There was talk in one of the sunday papers of the Lithuanian U21 defender Fridrikas being a possibility for January and there is a young striker already in the U19 team so maybe it's more a case of the club/UBIG need to cash in on players who can be sold?

God forbid he might actually have had a reality check and is now going to run the club in a sensible manner.........................then perhaps not

Mmmm.

Glasgow paper spouts speculative transfer pesh, possibly to stir the ****.

You'd almost think we're playing one of the OF this weekend.

Wait a minute.........................

Mmmm.

Glasgow paper spouts speculative transfer pesh, possibly to stir the ****.

You'd almost think we're playing one of the OF this weekend.

Wait a minute.........................

Yeah but another Glasgow paper has Rangers trying to flog players so it's not just us,but of course we are in turmoil when in actual fact everyone is struggling with falling attendances or poor efforts in europe.

There was talk in one of the sunday papers of the Lithuanian U21 defender Fridrikas being a possibility for January and there is a young striker already in the U19 team so maybe it's more a case of the club/UBIG need to cash in on players who can be sold?

I agree with this. Some of the older Kaunas loanee's have been here long enough to have there value increased from playing in Scotland rather than Lithuania or some other back water.

Charlie-Brown
Yeah but another Glasgow paper has Rangers trying to flog players so it's not just us,but of course we are in turmoil when in actual fact everyone is struggling with falling attendances or poor efforts in europe.

You'd also have to think that corporate money like hospitality, advertising & sponsorship etc will be reduced or harder to sell at many clubs.

The Real Maroonblood

That would be good news.

You'd also have to think that corporate money like hospitality, advertising & sponsorship etc will be reduced or harder to sell at many clubs.

You would think so but hey it's cool to just knock Hearts.

So according to the weegie media, how many players are we selling now, is it 7 or 8.

What's that smell.:mw_rolleyes:

Victor Meldrew
So according to the weegie media, how many players are we selling now, is it 7 or 8.

What's that smell.:mw_rolleyes:

Isn't that how many players Csaba said he wanted to get rid of though?

Don't think he would have wanted rid of 7 of his first though :)

Will Vlad suddenly give Zal a 3 year contract with Hearts to ensure a decent fee? Otherwise the cash will go to FBK surely? Can't remember Zal signing for us permanently

Charlie-Brown

Csaba said at the trust meeting last monday they needed to get 8 players out and would like to bring 3 in if possible but we have to sell first before we can buy anybody.

Guest JamboRobbo

If anyone from Moscow is reading this, I'd just like to say that you'll be getting a real bargain.

Zaliukas is a real prospect, a top quality player, who can play CH or CM equally well.

:tongue:

Csaba said at the trust meeting last monday they needed to get 8 players out and would like to bring 3 in if possible but we have to sell first before we can buy anybody.

I thought that we get Kaunas players cheap? Why would selling off a prized Kaunas asset like Zaliukas help?

Agreed. I would pay for his flight if we got half a million for him but two million????? Astonishing.

Very possible IMO.

Agreed. I would pay for his flight if we got half a million for him but two million????? Astonishing.

Very possible IMO.

I actually agree with Prancer?s opinion of Zaliukas. The basics are there for a very fine player, all he needed was concentration. He appears to have realised this finally (!) and we saw the result against Rangers. He is easily in the 2Mill bracket if the Rangers performance was to be the norm rather than the exception...

Guest JamboRobbo
I actually agree with Prancer?s opinion of Zaliukas. The basics are there for a very fine player, all he needed was concentration. He appears to have realised this finally (!) and we saw the result against Rangers. He is easily in the 2Mill bracket if the Rangers performance was to be the norm rather than the exception...

Agreed. It's clear after that game that Zaliukas is now the finished article.

If you could just sign here, he'll be all yours Mr Fedun. Better move fast or you might miss out. :laugh:;)

Enormous if, that could be applied to any footballer in the world. IF you play as well as you can every game...

Guest JamboRobbo
Enormous if, that could be applied to any footballer in the world. IF you play as well as you can every game...

If De Vries scored 4 every game, he'd be the best striker in the world. Unless that Rangers player (cannie mind his name) was scoring 5 every game.......

boabyarsebiscuit

Zaliukas is "immense" and a potential Hearts "leg-end".

If any Russians are reading this I reckon you are getting a bargain, even at 3 million.

As much as I like Zaliuckas, it is the sort of fee you can't say no too.

However, my concern is as said he is a Kaunas player, we lose our first choice centre half and get nothing in return.

With Berra also heading out we could end up with the untried pairing of McGowan and Rapnik, whilst it could be ok, we could end up getting roasted every week

Zaliukas is "immense" and a potential Hearts "leg-end".

If any Russians are reading this I reckon you are getting a bargain, even at 3 million.

Hahaha

Nice avatar! :laugh:

Guest JamboRobbo

However, my concern is as said he is a Kaunas player, we lose our first choice centre half and get nothing in return.

With Berra also heading out we could end up with the untried pairing of McGowan and Rapnik, whilst it could be ok, we could end up getting roasted every week

Agree. It'll definately be tough without him, and he'll definately never be replaced by just one player, but so long as we get 3-5 million for him, we can hopefully manage to bring in two or 3 players to try and compensate for the loss of our collosus.

Agreed -- I think we have got to put the Rangers game in perspective which granted we performed well but Rangers have also been beaten by St Mirren and lost points to Motherwell. They are not any great shakes particularly away from home.Now the other half of the old Firm away on Saturday is the real acid test.

boabyarsebiscuit

I'd take the risk, if the money is right. Admittedly "Zal" is an inspirational leader and a great role model for all our young players. And Berra has benefitted and seems to be learning from "Zal" week by week.

My only worry would be us getting relegated if "Zal" was sold and we didn't get an adequate replacement, somebody like Nemanja Vidic maybe.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Who needs agents when you have the Current bun to flog all your players for ya.

We must be playing one of the bigots at the weekend then !!

I'd take the risk, if the money is right. Admittedly "Zal" is an inspirational leader and a great role model for all our young players. And Berra has benefitted and seems to be learning from "Zal" week by week.

My only worry would be us getting relegated if "Zal" was sold and we didn't get an adequate replacement, somebody like Nemanja Vidic maybe.

It would be up there with selling the likes of Robbo or Gary Naysmith or Alan McLaren in the past.

But I am sure that a counselling service could be set up in one of the unused rooms next to the ticket office. The fans would get over it eventually.

Got to agree with Prancer on this come the end of Jan we could be lining up with two young untried CB's in place of Berra and Zal for the masses to slaughter on JKB every mistake they make .

Or is it the first sign of Vlad's plans to showcase Lithuanian players in the SPL and then sell them on at a profit to clubs playing in stronger leagues.

This is what Vlad said he would like to do to much derision. If he can get a fee of around ?2m for Zal, then he will have proved a lot of people wrong.

I think we should hold out for ?5m. He is the rock of our defense AND chips in with the odd goal.

Wow shock horror JamboRobbo slagging Zaliukas nothing new there then! If Anton Ferdinand is worth 8million then Zal is worth 2 million imo...

Seymour M Hersh

As long as he has a suitable buyer then let's hope so. Mind you his perception of a suitable buyer and our perception as fans may differ significantly!

How we could even consider getting rid of the 'Beckenbauer of the Baltics' is just silly talk.

I hope Vlad has a ready made replacement at Kaunas, a young Bobby Mooreauskas.

2M for Zal, Done!!!

if that happened Vlad would feel very chuffd with himself, securing decent fees for Velicka and Zal when we said they were all p!sh!

boabyarsebiscuit
I think we should hold out for ?5m. He is the rock of our defense AND chips in with the odd goal.

And to think only recently on here some people were calling him "Zaliclueless"!

He did bring in Arvydas Novikovas recently (the 17 year old prospect) and who knows, there might be a few Kaunas players moving in January. He also planned to bring in players from the Lithuanian league, then sell them on for profit. So this would all seem to be going to plan.

There is only one smilie that needs to be used.:laugh:

Surely if Vlad flogs him for ?2m then he his back in the good books.:wink:

One thing I would say is that he is still young and potential to be a really good defender. He could be playing in the Champions League next season. I will finish with :laugh:

Archived