Motherwell excuse on BBC

davjambo

The general manager of motherwell fc just on the BBC.

Apparently they turned the undersoil heating on and put a blanket down on friday evening, so it's not their fault apparently.:mw_rolleyes:

Surely if certain parts of the pitch are frozen that it might require further investigation and then put right.

The womans asking the SFA not fine them, if it's not their fault the who's is it.

Don't know what to believe to be honest. Some on here claim the pitch was so bad they drove a tractor over it. Murderwell claim it was a small area. ONE thing is for sure if they won't fine them then we should be given the points. They have a track record of mysteries surounding their USH no more excuses.

Only reasoning I?ve heard that makes sense and fits the facts is that the ground was not draining properly last season so they tried to improve drainage but broke some of the heating pipes by spiking too deep. They were then too cheap to do the necessary repairs to the undersoil heating.

Drylaw Hearts
Only reasoning I?ve heard that makes sense and fits the facts is that the ground was not draining properly last season so they tried to improve drainage but broke some of the heating pipes by spiking too deep. They were then too cheap to do the necessary repairs to the undersoil heating.

Sounds about right.

Guest jambomickey

motherwell always been a pesh ground against rain and snow! remember a game a few seasons ago through there when the ref abandoned it at half time because of rain

And should therefore be punished for it.

"Aye, we've got undersoil heating................pipes"

Not sure what to believe here..............was it a fiddle or just a muddle :D

I've 'slammed' :mw_rolleyes: MFC for trying to shaft us here but maybe there was no real 'intent' , other than the fact that they knew the system was dodgy but just hoped for the best. The lack of a cash gate hints at something more sinister though...........money up front and in the bank :evilno:

I expect they will be given yet another FINAL warning .............given the credit crunch and all that :mad:

Problem is I suppose, many teams like The Well and Killie ARE strapped for cash and fines wont help. Is that our problem .........naw, but I like to be as supportive as I can of the game in general :mw_rolleyes:

Not sure what to believe here..............was it a fiddle or just a muddle :D

I've 'slammed' :mw_rolleyes: MFC for trying to shaft us here but maybe there was no real 'intent' , other than the fact that they knew the system was dodgy but just hoped for the best. The lack of a cash gate hints at something more sinister though...........money up front and in the bank :evilno:

I expect they will be given yet another FINAL warning .............given the credit crunch and all that :mad:

Problem is I suppose, many teams like The Well and Killie ARE strapped for cash and fines wont help. Is that our problem .........naw, but I like to be as supportive as I can of the game in general :mw_rolleyes:

Motherwell being strapped for cash should have no relevance to them getting a fine.

We are skint but i bet we still have to cough up the extra ten grand for our dicipline.

I think that in this case(and all others involving persistent offenders)Motherwell should forefit the right of home advantage and be made to play the fixture at tynecastle.

Motherwell being strapped for cash should have no relevance to them getting a fine.

We are skint but i bet we still have to cough up the extra ten grand for our dicipline.

You're right mate and we would be battered for it lets make no mistake.

I just sometimes feel a bit sorry for these 'historic' clubs like Killie and the Well who just cant buy a decent crowd, and receive some much needed revenue, nowadays !

Maybe I should go on the well chat site for half an hour though...........that would soon change my tune, cos the ^^^^s hate us with a vengeance for some reason :mad:

I think that in this case(and all others involving persistent offenders)Motherwell should forefit the right of home advantage and be made to play the fixture at tynecastle.

I'd certainly go along with that............fining them does not help US one little bit. The match should be played at Tynie, similar perhaps to a cup tie ? with the Fir park tickets still being valid for those that hold them and exchangeable for your usual seat if that's workable ( ST voucher perhaps ) Given the circumstances, we could also offer great discounts to both supports to try and get a decent crowd. Doesn't help Hearts fans who cant travel for a Wednesday night game though.

One plausible explanation I heard today in Airdrie (from a Motherwell hating Hamilton fan I might add), was that apart from having Quinn suspended for the match, that three other Motherwell players were real doubts for the game.

Makes you wonder!

At the risk of being accused of changing the subject, may I point out that the BBC sports bulletin referred to, seemed to be ignorant of the passing of the great John Cumming.

[QUOTE=1874robbo;672133]Motherwell being strapped for cash should have no relevance to them getting a fine.

Your spot on with that,

if either Murderwell or Kilmarnock are allowed to use "strapped for cash" as an excuse then all clubs (outside of the OF) who are liable for fines, no matter what the reason, should weigh in and demand the same treatment.

10K savings for us GIRUY GFA :laugh:

The general manager of motherwell fc just on the BBC.

Apparently they turned the undersoil heating on and put a blanket down on friday evening, so it's not their fault apparently.

Surely if certain parts of the pitch are frozen that it might require further investigation and then put right.

The womans asking the SFA not fine them, if it's not their fault the who's is it.

I saw that - attitude from her was terrible - it wasny our fault and we shouldny be fined - who's fault was it then?

And some folk wonder why Scottish football is held in such low regard.

should've thrown them out the spl when they had the chance, how ironic is it that they stayed up because of the state of another teams' ground.

Awwwww Motherwell working really hard to keep their pitches in order.

Thats nice.

Lets just let them off then.

Cant afford a fine? ok.

Simple answer, forfeit the game, we get the 3 points.

No need for a fine, lesson learned about getting the pitch sorted.

Feel free to leave the heating off again if you want, but you'll lose another 3 points

Seems simple to me really.

It shouldn't be about the state or otherwise of the undersoil heating. If your ground isn't fit for play you forfeit the match. End of(f), to quote a phrase.

itsnomarooned

In a situation like this how about the away team being immediately awarded 1 point with the remaining 2 points awarded after completion of the rearranged fixture.

Maybe if they stopped relying on blankets and started using a proper heating system, these things wouldn't happen....

I wonder how what the total costs incurred are for opposition clubs and their supporters because of these cancellations? Perhaps they should add it up and fine Motherwell for the same, it would be the least they deserve. If it was any other club I might have a little more sympathy but they've done it time and time again, and before anyone accuses me of paranoia...I don't think they're out to get us...but there is something very fishy about this set of excuses they've trotted out.

They've been told to sort it, and they haven't. Clearly they're not taking it very seriously so I hope this talk of them getting away with a mere slap on the wrists is incorrect....

Seymour M Hersh

That's what i read somewhere. Repairs were to cost ?100k and murderwell basically refused to do them citing cost. I doubt the GFA will do much to them as they seem to be their darlings for some reason at the moment. They can't suddenly deduct points as (unless someone knows better) there was no agreement to have a penalty like this if matches were postponed due to the club's fault at the start of the season iirc.

That's what i read somewhere. Repairs were to cost ?100k and murderwell basically refused to do them citing cost. I doubt the GFA will do much to them as they seem to be their darlings for some reason at the moment. They can't suddenly deduct points as (unless someone knows better) there was no agreement to have a penalty like this if matches were postponed due to the club's fault at the start of the season iirc.

Their the GFA darlings because of their lowering of prices for the poor down trodden OF fans.

Archived